Any mummies feed their baby on expressed breast milk only?

Hi CM

my husband bought another brand warmer.. not those "famous" brand(lindam) but needs 8mins to warm up..hv not tried yet. wonder if it is gog to be useful.

inc - my idol here is bitbit..she pump 1 yr plus i tink..keke..

i latch at hosp also..i also enjoy but nip so sore leh..come back home i bleed so i din continue latch liao..

the avent warmer is about 4 minutes (for the small bottle lah)..your hub bgt how much..now thinking if i should get one to put at nanny's place..avent got one wat IQ one..so ex ah..it is suppose to be can not overheat..will auto stop if overheat kind..

he bought it for $50.. that why 8mins.. Avent IQ is $100 + so 4mins.. haha..

hope the heating is right trying now:p

wow, bit bit.. peifu...

i also hv bleeding for my lst but manage to overcome it. at times wen bb is crying non stop i latch sure work:p. it is like pacifier lor.LOL

inc - let me know good or not hor..may go buy haha..if like tat hor..i wanna get a $500 warmer leh..put in can take out liao..keke

Hi CM

just tried. okay lah. when the power light is off, does not mean the milk is warmed up. so got to leave there for a while (maybe like it states 8mins). can i check if you re-use the water for next heating. i thought it would be a waste to change water. the instruction did mention to off the socket once done.

inc - ya..the avent oso..i also need to leave for a while to make it more warm..i usually din throw the water leh..jz reuse and reuse..tink shd change hor..i jz off the switch then wanna use jz on again only..

if the milk is within an hour i will warm up again if he wanna drink..if after tat i will throw liao..

inc, coz we are the few "EBM alumni" here mah, tatz y still hanging around, keke..

CM, how cm I become your idol??? keekek.. Actually poko and sheris are my idols coz they can even latch without EBM, which is my target. But I cannot latch leh, duno y i so stupid.. Even the lactation consultant also give up on me.

For 2nd preg, i tried latching again, still fail. This time they say I never book lactaion consultant, she is very bz, concentrating on 1st time mummies mostly, that's why she never come to my room.

hey inc, u r saying the water in the warmer no need to change everytime is it? Actually water not so much, change better. The truth is the water after 1st use already lost the ion inside, so reboiling to warm the milk, makes the base "work harder". Soon, your warmer spoil easily.

i ask my mum to change everytime but she never change but instead keep adding water once the water level went down, ended up with very black base (the metal base turned char, even using lemon juice method also cannot remove the limescale liao)

One more terrible incident, my mum dun even notice that the water already turn murky, maybe sometimes the milk drip in while so soak the bottle for 2nd time. And the water macam having white foamy mould on the surface, so scary!!!

In conclusion, better to change water of your warmer, ok!!!
经验之谈

bitbit - you which hosp? mt a quite good lor..all the nurses can help to latch one..why fail hah? mine is the bb mouth always come off after the nurses gone..haii..but no. 2 hor..can suck better..but me nip sore so i gave up..pumping easier for me also..hehe..crystal time hor..i so scare of the trolley sound..cos need to feed her..no. 2 hor..i waiting for the trolley sound leh..tinking why so long why they did not push bb for me to feed..so i feel a bit pity i din continue latch lah..

Hi bitbit, tks for the sharing. will change water then.

CM - me 2. i am so scared to hear the troller sound cos this means bb wants to be fed. i hv sore nipples for both kids and even bleeding nipples for lst. i give my nipples a break:p haha and latch them back after a few days rest. by then the nipples seem to have toughened up a bit. the right latching is very impt. i can feel the diff wen bb just suckle on nipple/areola.. if they latch right, we should not feel any pain. in fact quite nice bonding feeling :p. u still can latch ur bb now.. think both us and bb need practice for latching.
the warmer is serving me okay. it does not speed up the warming of milk but the temp is not too hot and the water can be kept warm unlike if we use our traditional method, need to change water freq.

anyone using PIS. how to "clean" the tubes that link the funnel/bottle to the motor. do you all steralise your pump after every session or just rinse with water.

bitbit
no wonder eat itchy..... my name kana menitioned.... me retired long long le........

any mummies wan the steriliser? me got a old one wan to give away..... n medela milk bottles used for milk storing onli.... so thot ask here first....... n other dun know wat thg still sitting in store.......

cm, me fm kkh. of course their svc cannot be compare to mt.a lah. even the $ is not same woh.

inc, PIS got tube one meh? mb i sua-ku coz my one was almost 4 years back, haha.. the 2nd one I use Avent, i like it but I dun use the petal flower.

for me I setrile my pump and everything use for EBM every after use. Afterall I pump only 3x a day those days (during my girl's time).

Ur no 2 is boy or girl? Only 2 mos old right? Do keep us posted on his/her pix k..

inc - i stop latch cos when i came home from hosp i bleed twice oso..so i dont wanna latch liao..tink of the pain i scare..

i sterilise after every pump oso..

bitbit - i wat itchy backside? my backside is just big not itchy..haha..

sheris - i jz bgt a new sterliser to put at nanny's place boohooo..

hi to all seniors

bitbit, i mean the tubing which link the bottles to the motor...

gal fotos.. let me resize ..heehee

inc - seniors make us sound very old leh! but i am old already lah..but heng someone older than me..keke..

you take soooooooo long to resize your photos one ah..just go 'all programs' - 'accessories' -'paint' and resize...

cm, senior could hv many definitions. it does not solely refer to some one very old. According to wikipedia, the definition of senior is
Senior is Latin for "elder."

Senior can refer to:

1) A person of old age
2) A student in the last (usually fourth) year at a college or university
3) A student in the twelfth grade, in high school. Year 11 and 12 in Australia are called seniors
4) A suffix (name) for the elder of two or more people in the same family with the same given name, usually a parent or grandparent

i think inc's "senior" refers to point 2

2) A student in the last (usually fourth) year at a college or university of "EBMg".

hehe..

here it is

1785455.jpg

Hi to all the EBM mummies,

May I know where do u get the Avent steriliser cleaning tablets? Do u all use the tablets to clean your steriliser & warmer?

jajnj - i bgt the cleaning powder or dont know wat you call that from mothercare..come to tink of it..i haven clean for a long time 8P

Hi crystalmum,

Thnks for the infor. Will try to get. Nowadays, hardly go shopping. Everyday only rush home after work & weekends are shuttling the older kids to classes.... sign

jajnj
why don't you use vinegar - 1 part vinegar to 2 parts water? Does the job well.

Tuffy,
is your girl attending MM kindy?

Jajnj

Avent Sterilizer tablets have to buy from the main headquarters of Avent.. somewhere at beach road last time.. u may chk it out.

WATS UP FOLKS!!!

ANY GATHERINGS FOR XMAS???

aiyeah i dun know y my emails updates dun have this thread leh... thats why so long nv visit...keke...

and u hardly come on msn!

jainj - ya..understand abt the busy part..me going to work in a weeks' time..think liao oso xian..haii..

cheona - use vinegar will have vinegar smell or not? i hate vinegar smell one lor..

hihi mummies,

do you have milk plugs before? how do you remove it since we are exclusive pumping now?? i have been having it for a few weeks. feel pain when i pump. These few days seem worse, pain when not pumping also. Sharp pain.

mummyboy: i also ve the plug 4 abt 2 mths. went 2 find a LC at kk to clear but she aqueeze so hard until super pain dint come out too! and i paid $140+ 4 the pain n uncleared plugs, haizzzz

blessed & mummyboy:

Better get the plugs out else turn into mastitis very painful ah. Use hot towel massage can or not? Or tr to push the plugs out while taking hot showers cos your body relax and the letdown will be easier.

Sorry to borrow here to sell off my contact lense solution. Anyone using Complete or not? I not using contact lenses liao so hoping to clear my Complete Multi-purpose solution (Exp: 2009/10). Please gte from me if you r using since I can let go cheaper than retailer and since you need the solution if you use contact lense and this brand. Help me lah, please.

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449169/1819204.html?1224867368

blessed

For my blocked ducts.. i have to squeeze it out myself.. cos its realli painful and i feel tat onli the one suffering knows when to press and how to tahan the pain when she press it on her own. I think i put over a warm towel over the breast before pressing. good luck

mummyboy: still dint come out. when i pump, ok leh, no pain n i managed 2 exp more milk on the side with plugs ironically.

fun tks, ll try ur mthd cos really painful2 press them out. did u manage 2 get dem out within 1st try?

mummyboy,

u wearing underwired bra isit??

blessed,

I have to massage for quite some time.. i can onli remember tears keep falling niah
sad.gif

i don't wear underwired bra leh. But don't know is it on weekend, i wore slightly tight blouse and bra which makes it worsen.

Fun,
how u press? u press towards your nipple? i tried putting warm towel this morning but the plug still there. sigh.

cactus,

i don't latch my baby leh. only pump. but your blocked ducts got plug also?

Blessed,
regretted ah. Wore 1 time then got it. And for so long somemore.
sad.gif

mummyboy, I never latched on my baby. I also only pump. I think blocked ducts is the same as plug. I also had infection before - mastitis. 3 times infection actually. All those times, I would massage very firmly. Sometimes will have hb to help out cos very painful to do it myself.

Back