Any mummies feed their baby on expressed breast milk only?

natm,
okie...the ribbons are nice yeah? pocoyo...saw at HMV before. Think Toys R Us also have.

Fun,
i kpo lor....saw your posting on Alden's health. so serious ah...is it partly cos EB is a/c?

piggy_mummy,
Why feel guilty? No rule states that SAHM must latch baby, but of course latching saves the hassle of pumping, washing and sterilising and is a more immediate answer to baby's demand. If you are going back to work soon, it's probably good that you stick to expressing in the day so the baby will not fuss over teat and bottle, and just latch on at night. Breast preference, may be due to poor latching or the flow of milk is unsatisfactory - either too fast (choke, bb needs to pull away) or too slow (bb should suckle more so as to open up more holes and milk flow will be faster). Did you stop latching because of sore nipples or simply because bb refuses to latch?

Piggy mummy
for breast preference my son also got it during his 3 or 4th month what I did was give him the less prefered one first and then switch to the one he like. Got to try and don't give up. Soon the phase will pass.

chenoa,

initially i din latch on coz i my milk supply low n i din know hw much he has drink if i latch him, so i pump out n give him.but now i think i got enouf to feed him, so i wana to try latch him..

today very jialat, after i latch him(one breast,) he refuses to drink fr bottle!!!headache now

piggymummy

I don't bottle feed my girl, I let my hb or MIL do it when I am around I latch my girl... If you are sahm latching might be easy for you. As you don't need to spend time on washing the pump.

piggymummy,
When one tries to latch and bottle feed concurrently, baby may have nipple confusion / rejection. In most cases, bb will learn the difference after a while and accept that at certain times of the day they will be given the teat. That's why I suggest that you stick to pumping in the day if you are returning to the workforce. You don't want to reaccustomise him to the teat after he gets too happy with the nipple. That said, it's usually easier for the bb to accept bottle feeding from someone else other than the mommy. If bb is on both EBM and latching, bb tends to want to suckle instead of bottle feed when mommy carries. If you are going to be a SAHM, then do consider fully latching. I'm a SAHM and I latch only.

natmum, can buy poccoyo from popular too.
happy.gif

linda - letdown reflex is a sort of tingling sensation at the breasts and once you get that, milk will start flowing v quickly. If you are pumping both sides together, you can get more milk cos letdown affects both sides mah. If one at a time, I feel that the letdown reflex is less strong after the first breast. All trial and error lah.
happy.gif

chenoa - wow! you managed to fully latch only. v good! I wished I can do that - am dealing with clogged ducts every few days. damn sian.

happymum - yah - I find that the letdown reflex gets less strong as we go along. I sometimes wonder if the quality of my milk is louya cos my boi doesn't seem to put on much weight leh.
sad.gif

anyone know where to buy large size (2T or 3T) long sleeve sleeping suit - those that cover the feet? Outgrown the Mothercare largest size. We sleep in a/c room, prefer to keep her feet warm... she always sleep turn here and there, even sleep in crouching position ... the blanket is absolutely useless.

chenoa, have you tried socks? my gal does like it. only put them on for awhile. but worth a try. Alternatively, can consider the jshoppers pjs which have elastic binder for the tummy.
happy.gif

Tuffy,
don't like socks...I feel that the elastic is not good for blood circulation during sleep. I found large sizes at Gap up to 5T but very expensive leh....considering they are only for sleeping in. If you doing Gap spree with discount code, let me know can? I'll consider get the Gap sleepers if really no cheaper options.

hi mummies
my boy is on exclusive tbm. He used 2 take 150ml per feed when he was abt 8 - 11 wk (ard 2 mths), but now he coming to 3 mth, and his intake drop to 100ml per session and only take abt 5 - 6 feedS a day which totals to ard 500 - 600ml. Is this normal? He dint show any signs of discomfort but falls asleep each time after feed. can some1 kindly help?

Re: Bringing frozen BM on plane
Hi mummies
Wld like to check if any1 know if we can bring any frozen BM on plane? Was tinkin of gettin away on a short hol with my hubby but wont b bringin bb along. But need to express out the milk and bring back to sg. Does any1 know if can bring EBM on board the plane in 100 ml bottles?

blessed - my gal used to drink more beginning few mths then there after oso drop to 500ml plus subsequently..was concerned and kept checking with pd..but he say no need worry wor..not every bb loves milk..how many mths your bb now? if can start solid then no need worry too much.

my gal dont take frozen BM one so cant advise on frozen BM on plane but think some mummies just throw away.

hi all, i have a ques reg bf. i tbf plus pump out 1~2 times a day. i just notice that there is always a smaill "lump" at the top left side of left breast and top right side of right breast.
can anyone tell me whether it is milk that is not pump out or is it just breast tissue/fat. it always the same place.
thanks a lot.

Crystalmum:
Thanks for ur advise. My boi is 3 mths old now. His appetite has shot back to 150ml liao but at certain feeds will drop again, sometimes normal, sometimes low. MIL says its wind if drink too little but I dun think so, cos bb dint cry or anything leh, still play happy. How old is ur bb?

blessed
My girl can drink just 60ml and sleep for 3-4hrs when I give her frozen milk mix with chilled one... To me I feel that as long as she is drinking and didn't fuss and can sleep, drinking slightly lesser than before is acceptable.

hi hi natmummy,
nat is so lovely in her ballet outfit! she's so pretty!!! :D

hi mummies!
I'm back! I have a lot of catching up to do... :p

blessed,
you know that bm changes in constitution over time accordingly with the baby's growth ... at the end of the day, it's the quality not quantity that matters ... JMHO

Fun go into hiding or hibernation ah? No sound for so long...

blessed - my gal is 3 yrs old now..one coming along next month..so my worry will start again soon ah! haha..hope you still around to pump with me hor..keke..

sp - where have you been?

sheris -cos we know you will always pop by to ask..'why no one miss me?'..haha..

I also too bz to catch up....

SP tks for ur comment...my Kaelynn already 8 mths ler...still bfing....latch on 3 times at nite...very tired...my mum keep asking me to stop so that my Kaelynn will stop bf at nite den I can sleep...but I bu she de....

sheris,
miss u miss u miss u ... hehe :p

cm,
I got come in to read... hee...

poko,
I err... still not doing anything... so forever only 1 kid... :p

natmummy,
bu she de den don't stop lor, but u can stand or not? 3x every night very siong le... got eat more bu? :D

hello mummies..how is everyone?! me going to deliver on 13 aug (due is suppose to be on 23 aug)..scheduled c section..help me pray bb dont come out before that hor..hehe..no one joining me pumping ah!!??

sp - why not not doing anything..plan for one only hah? me 200% will stop at 2 lor..hehe..

I am joining you lor, but very very little supply... But me myself to blame only pump 3 time feed 3 time daily... Not much let down and takes about 45min to see it drop bit by bit into the bottle 8(

Any one know got those avent pump to other size bottle converter or not hah? i so stupid..go buy the wrong one
lame.gif
..haii...lucky jas reminded me when we toking abt it..let me know hor!

poko - is i join you not u join me leh..haha..

chenoa - ya lor so fast..just another 2 weeks..hope dont come out National day leh..tat would mean emergency c section..

CM

looking forward to ur D day??

I have officially stop bfing liao....bf for 8 mths...cos I was so sick last fri till now haven recover and ms drop so much....but at least I latch on for totally of 8 mths...

blessed - i dont know also..i think just drink anything..haha..except those alcoholic drinks lah..

natmum - me more scare than excited lah..knowing what is coming...
uhoh.gif

cm

dun worry...
I also went thru wat u r goin to go thru...many mummies here too....bite ur teeth n very soon will be over...

chenoa - didi is emergency c section like jie jie..haha..these 2 kids like to give me surprises!

I am home already..trying to latch but sore and nip bleed so i revert to pumping..got time then i share didi's pic..now lazy to find the cable to download the pic..hehe..

We still haven decide on didi's name..will announce when decided hehe..

CM,
After the first 2 weeks, the nipples shall 'acclimatized' and bb will latch better also. You shall do fine.
happy.gif

Natm,
She 6.5 months. we joke her eyes and mouth same size wor.

chenoa - i still pumping leh..so scare i bleed again..cos i bleed twice liao..now bb only 1 week old..so means i need to wait another week for the nip to be 'stronger' hor..keke..

cm i spotcheck you ar! how come never wake up wee hrs pump!? i have yet to see crystal didi pls post pics when you can ok!!

jas - got leh..i wake up at 3am..chop chop pump and koon..and i no handsfree so no log in..the avent duo is really a good pump lo..recommended! i can finish pump plus massage in 20 mins or less leh..so happy with the pump
biggrin.gif

Back