Any mummies feed their baby on expressed breast milk only?

i think he has his jie jie's nose and mouth. but not sure Crystal's nose and mouth from daddy or mummy..
biggrin.gif

Crystalmum: Congrats! Ur boy is lovely!!!
Hee, I m still pumping so jiayou!
Now I currently pump 2x a day, each session ard 450 - 500ml. Total alr dropped fr 1200ml to 900 - 1000ml.
When u ve 2nd bb, the whole process of est milk ss starts over again? Or u will auto get back the amt u pump for 1st?

Crystalmum: Congrats! Ur boy is lovely!!!
Hee, I m still pumping so jiayou!
Now I currently pump 2x a day, each session ard 450 - 500ml. Total alr dropped fr 1200ml to 900 - 1000ml.
When u ve 2nd bb, the whole process of est milk ss starts over again? Or u will auto get back the amt u pump for 1st?

blessed - thanks thanks..glad to know got another mummy still pumping..hehe..that is a lot to pump for 2 sessions! but must take care it will drop further lo..

i guess the ss starts over again..depending on how often you pump..wanted to start 3hrly pump but my poor breast cannot take it..bleed twice liao..so i am doing 4hrly pump now only..heng got the avent duo which helps alot as in the time saved and easy to use and quite quiet too

so you went back to work liao?

cm:
I took npl for 3 mth. Will go back to work in nov so as to est my supply! Alamak, starts all over again ah, tt's y i m contemplating if shld ve no 2 a not. My hubby wants a no 2 but i think ve to go thru estb ss again, abit sian. hee, nvm, will wait n c
happy.gif

mummyboy, yup, i pump 2x. I slowly cut fr 9 to 2 pumps, each time reducing 1 pump. Let each pump be est for 2 wks, then stretch, then can have 2 pumps, but like wad cm says, have to b careful and cant further reduce anymore. lol.

mummyboy:
Ya, during confinement, i pump even more. pump until i want to faint. i can pump like 10 or 11 x during the first few wks cos every pump onli 20 - 30 ml. and my hb say i look v pale like a ghost esp when i got up in the mid of the nite to pump and hair long and messy. lol.

hi all.

seems like here are all experienced mummies. Pls advise me as i'm quite depressed.

My bb is 8weeks now and i'm on total bm. I'm trying to latch my bb most of the time, but my breasts are super painful. went to see the lactation nurse who said my positioning is ok, so she referred me to see a breast surgeon since i'm still getting pain. the breast surgeon said my breasts are ok and may be just senstitive. if i can't take the pain, can either use nipple shield, expressed out or give bb fm.

the pain is like when bb latch, i feel sharp pain ard nipples area. After latching or expressing, i also feel pain ard the breasts area near to the armpit.

Anyone had similar problem b4? What did you do? I'm currently using the nipple shield and tahaning the pain. Dunno what to do if i can take the pain anymore.

Also, anyone had pink breastmilk b4? I was expressing milk yesterday and the milk turned out pink for the first few minutes.

thanks.

blessed - wow u really pump so many times!! pengsan leh..your breast can take it ah? me 3 hrs cannot take it liao..

missmissy - i cannot tahan the latch on pain and then i got bleeding..so i only do pumping now..

i had pink breastmilk before oso..i throw away the pink bm..my pd say not advisable for bb to drink..subsequently i standby another bottle..after the pink bm flow is over..i use the other bottle to collect the bm..so no waste..hehe..precious hor bm..

missmissy,
your issue is not strange to new bf mothers. The pain is due to the baby's latch. Even if the latch is correct, it's common for the nipples to be tender and sore, to the extent of cracked and bleeding - thus the pink BM. The pain near the armpits are likely due to engorgement. These symptoms will cease as time passes and your milk supply stablises.

Continue with the nipple shield if it helps with pain relief.

From my experience, I find the nipple shield helps my #1 NB to latch better as my nipples are flat, but they don't work to minimise the pain during latching. I used the shield only a few times as I prefer to do without the shield and just bear the pain, taking each day, each feeding as it comes and soon (maybe not THAT soon) bf is not an agony anymore. For my #2, NB latches on beautifully. Still, I experience some tenderness and engorgement during the first 2 weeks or so.

Hope you find motivation to hang in there!

CM,
two weeks liao....your nipple 'stronger' already?
kao_sticktongue.gif

Decided on didi's name? How about Crystopher?
Crystal Crystopher Crystmum?
kao_biggrin.gif

cheona - nipple not say stronger..still got pain but bearable lo..

didi name is Caleb..yesterday finally do his bc liao..cant find crystal sound alike cos i dont like christopher lah..keke..

Blessed,

I really salute to you. Can pump so many times!! during confnement somemore.. hahaha. No need to rest ah?

If my mum see me pumping so many times during confinement, she sure nag all the way. haha.

Currently, i'm pumping 4 times a day now. Am a FTWM. Don't know when is time for me to reduce my pumps again. Intend to reduce to 3 pumps but scared ss will drop a lot. Because now i pump 4 times, will get 800+ ml, just nice for my boy per day.

Hey welcome all, long time never come in to this thread and it become bz again 8) Good Good 8)

My girl is around 4mths old, I latch at home and pump in office, I realise that my ss for #2 is lesser compare to my 1st one each pump total max around 240ml sometime can drop to 160ml, but my girl don't drink a lot so BM is enough to share among 2 kids.

This girl also like her brother don't like frozen milk 8( and she reject bottle and suckle my nipple for fun, she prefer her fingers more than anything now...

1663229.jpg

Hi Poko!
my #2 also sucking her fingers round the clock. Maybe teething, but no sign of anything yet. She's 7 months old today lol , starting cruising. Yours flipping?

wow.... me long time disappear then come back here juz got to know our dear CM pop liao..

CM congrats on having didi pop on National Day! Good lah next time got any kind of promo usually Nayional Day baby got better privilege, hehe..

Caleb looks like daddy by that pix!

Me, office juz came new staff after months of battling alone here. At least i am more relax now since she can relief some of my work liao...

natmum dun remind me all my 4 down with chicken pox n me also ........ but mon gg back to wk le... jh juz down with chicken pox on thu..... sianz

congrats, cm!!! yr boy Caleb is so lovely... :D

poko, love yr girl's eyes...

sheris, hang on there! u r the toughest mummy ever!!! Take care ya...

so fast..my boi is already 6 weeks liao..time flies hor..soon i will be back to work..haii

sp - thanks ah..

sheris - if you not toughest mum..will be super mom lor..hehe..

natmum - take care!

CM,
too bad you are not entitled to the 4th month...
Is Crystal still doing big in diapers? I am so happy now that YY can take initiative to go to potty by herself, big or small. Have been frustrated with her tt for so long, everyday lecture and nag nag nag. Still on diapers at night and sometimes the day naps.

Sheris,
your kids din take the chickenpox vac?

chenoa - i had wrote in to mcys as my edd is 23 aug...now waiting for end oct for the final details to be out.

ya lor crystal still doing big in diapers. at night also..recently i realise she off diaper in school for her naps..so at home also din give her so far ok..think slowly ba...

CM how cm not entitled to 4 mos? CM u not Singaporean meh?

Sheries, my octoboi was suspect to be down with HFMD and was turn away by the cc last friday. That day heng my hb was on MC and then he took him home. Later in the evening, we quickily separate him with meimei and my poor girl brought to my mum place less than 1 hour i was back from work.

My had a sad feeling that evening, macam my octoboi is a germ-pack like that...

Anyway it was a false alarm, octoboi had 2 ulcers but was not HFMD. I worried also coz his cc had 2 cases of HFMD from the playgroup class that why i also act very abnormally to wash all the toys on Fri evening and sent meimei to my mum's place...

bitbit - i singaporean lah..i delivered my boi on 9 aug mah..but edd is 23 aug..so wrote in to 'appeal' lo..the cut of date is 17 aug from govt..

need to be wary of the hfmd..crystal one hor..she no fever leh..but doc oso said she got it the last time..take care hor!

sheris - u so bad..wanna spread the chick pox here..heng me already tio..and crystal got the vaccine liao..

hi mummies

can seek some advise. i latch and express and both have pros and cons. the thing i hate about expressing is the warming of milk. the bb can cry the whole house down. can i check on the following :

a) do u bring ur milk out earlier to cool down and warm
b) how do u know the water is not too hot about 60degrees for warming
c) anyone of u buy the avent warmer.. any good comments. can it warm the milk fast enough.

Tks.

hi inc - long time no 'see'..this one your no. 2? how many months le? older one leh?

a) i take out only when i need to warm but i pour the milk into the feeding bottle to warm and dont warm the one storing the milk.

b&c) i using the avent warmer..so i suppose the water is not too hot to warm lo..but at times at my mum or mil house, i will use the normal cups and put hot water from thermo flask..i suppose the temp will be higher..but hor..wat to do..cannot always bring out the avent warmer mah..the avent warmer also take few minutes to warm up..i feel is the same as using hot water from flask leh..

HI CM
u still rem me:p. paiseh 2nd time mum still so blur.. my lst one is 3 yrs old.. yes delivered my 2nd recently in aug.

u dun see any diff in using avent warmer.. not a good investment? hm.. i tot the avent warmer will help to speed up the warming and also ensure it is warmed at the right temperature.

how hv u been

inc - yes i remember we trying to get you pump mah..then u disappeared liao..hehe..me also delivered my no. 2 in aug leh..which date u deliver yours? mine is on national day..me also 2nd time mum still blur lah..bathe bb also garang gaboh one..hehe..yours is boi or gal?

the warmer is ok lah..jz tat if u forgot and leave your bottle there..it will also overheat the milk leh..but the temp of the water in the warmer is as you say 'warmed at the right temp' but you need to watch properly lah..but since your bb will cry the house down..u wont forget hor? hehe..but now hor..the electricity bill going to increase liao..i am tinking to still use it or not..

ya,rem ur encouragement for my lst delivery. did not log in so often after confinement. manage to bf for about 8mths.

deliver mine on 20 aug, it is a bb gal this time.

the warmer is not as cheap as i tot so am hving 2nd tots now since it prob only gog to serve me for another few mths (my tgt is about 6mths and anything beyond is bonus:p). cant u set timer..

how about urself..

inc - the warmer no timer..jz tat the light goes off when time is up..you can sell it off after u use if u buy if not use normal hot water with cup lo..wat u using now?

mine is bb boi..now going 8 weeks liao..my gal is 3+ yrs..she love didi..but if see daddy carry will be jealous..i carry is ok leh..tat gal hor..

Hi CM

am using the cup but wif hot water but find it slow and troublesome. bb impatient when hungry so tend to use very hot water so in this process may destroy some nutrients.

congrats. tiring to cope wif 2 esp my boy is at =the horrible 3 stage

Have you heard about this yet?

www.iherb.com
Flat rate international shipping at US$3.99, value not more than US$80, wt not more than 3lbs.

If you have not purchased before, can use discount code <font color="ff0000">ENO677</font> to get US$5.00 rebate at checkout for your first purchase.

Poko...time to stock up on your fish oil!

hi inc,

long time no see liao.
if i dun remember wrongly, you are the one wif Dr Han as your gynae one right? pardon me if I am wrong, coz u noe lah, me "lao" liao... haha..

hey muumies who r still bfg/EBM-ing, jiao you ok, dun give up easily despite pain or sore nipples ok!

i at JP kiao kah now, and using the internet at the lounge. Dun envy me, I also very rare got such chance..

CM now i understand, still thok u not Singaporean and was talking about no extra ML, haha.. nevermind lah, you still entitled to 6 days CCL.

inc - ya..no choice abt the 'destroy nutrients' lo..remember our motto here is 'little' bm better than no bm..keke..so we both jia you together ok? me target was 3 mths initially hehe..then now after the china milk powder thingy..planning for 6mths..hopefully longer oso..i bgt the new avent duo..so better pump longer oso lah...you got latch?

bitbit - thanks for your encouragement..you are still me idol..keke..me hope to have good news end oct when the details from mcys are out lor..why you got time to kiao kah?

me oso can kiao kah for 2 weeks after i send my boy to nanny starting from 15 oct..anyone free for high tea can call me hor..

Hi bitbit

paiseh m not with Dr Han. but i hv participated in this thread before when my boy was born 3 yrs back.. surprise that u and CM are still active in this thread:p.

Hi CM
ya let jiayou, really feel like pumping less but motivated by some frens. i hv 1 who bf for 1 yr and still thinking of increasing supply. peifu.
yes, i do latch at times. actually i enjoy the latching but she tends to sleep on breast and hence more freq feeding...

Back