Recommended CN- Hor Yoke Chen

bnw.lf

CN Recommendation- Confinement Nanny Hor Yoke Chen

I finished my month long confinement with Nanny Chen (清姐) and would definitely recommend her.

Like many first time mums, I was initially cautious of engaging a freelance CN but it turned out to be a huge blessing. Will summarize the main points of concerns for mummies but happy to give more details if you’d like (just drop me a pm!) as I also asked extensively around before engaging Nanny.

Loving towards baby: Nanny genuinely loves baby and treated ours like her own grandchild. We obsessively monitored her interactions and realised that she would gently chat with baby in the room. She would tell baby that she’s so precious, that she has to grow up healthily and that she is well loved by everyone. She does this even when no one is watching. She was also masterful when bathing and feeding baby, always chatting with baby. Our little one never once fussed or cried when nanny showered her (but would cry murder the first few times we did ) she was also extremely hygienic, even more so than us. She always reminded us that baby is the most precious and we cannot be lazy about things. She would always shower immediately after cooking and use a swaddle over herself if she was perspiring in the day to protect baby.

No fear of over feeding: one of my concerns was that CN will overfeed baby. There was none of that with nanny. She recommended upping the FM when baby had jaundice and while we were sceptical, our PD recommended the exact same amount and approach as Nanny a few days later. It was clear she was very experienced. Before PD confirmed so, she respected our wishes and fed baby the amount we told her to. When baby’s appetite increased, we suggested increasing the feed significantly but nanny suggested doing so incrementally even though it means she has to keep feeding baby and washing more bottles.

Pro breastfeeding: as a new mum, BF was stressful but nanny was very encouraging. She would always tell me my supply will come in slowly and not to stress. Even when the amount pumped was dismal she would tell me it’s normal and my supply was already very good. She also gave me tips on how to increase my supply and position baby for optimal latching. While she gave recommendations on food to eat and avoid, when I declined to follow she respected my wishes.

Easygoing and generous: she was also very generous with her time and efforts. She cleaned the whole place instead of just baby room, washed all our laundry and frequently cooked for the whole extended family (including visitors who came by). She would also take only rice and veg and the ingredients of the soup. Even when we insisted that she share the meat and fish she would always decline and say she can just take some biscuits. She even brought her own biscuits and chips. Although it was agreed she would get an afternoon break so she could stay up at night, whenever baby fussed in the afternoon she would get to the baby immediately and console her, at times even quicker than us who were not napping

Warm personality: we were initially worried about having a stranger at home but Nanny had a very warm personality. Everyone including our parents ended up really liking her and feeling sad when she left.

Great cook: she was a skilful and flexible cook. Her dishes were nutritious and varied. She was also respectful of our wishes. When I was sick of ginger she explained the importance of consuming it but stopped adding them nonetheless when I said I didn’t want any.

Lastly, although knowledgeable about confinement rules, she respected my wishes not to follow some. I showered daily and wore sleeveless tops. Also drank cold water. She would remind me tenderly but was not naggy.

Even after she left, we would text her for help when baby acts up. She would reply with detailed instructions and still asks regularly how her “Bao bei” is doing. During her time she also gave baby a generous angpow and also gave me an advanced one as my birthday was the week after she leaves.

We are grateful to nanny and recommend her. Happy to provide more details and her contact if anyone is interested:)

CN Recommendation- Confinement Nanny Hor Yoke Chen

I finished my month long confinement with Nanny Chen (清姐) and would definitely recommend her.

Like many first time mums, I was initially cautious of engaging a freelance CN but it turned out to be a huge blessing. Will summarize the main points of concerns for mummies but happy to give more details if you’d like (just drop me a pm!) as I also asked extensively around before engaging Nanny.

Loving towards baby: Nanny genuinely loves baby and treated ours like her own grandchild. We obsessively monitored her interactions and realised that she would gently chat with baby in the room. She would tell baby that she’s so precious, that she has to grow up healthily and that she is well loved by everyone. She does this even when no one is watching. She was also masterful when bathing and feeding baby, always chatting with baby. Our little one never once fussed or cried when nanny showered her (but would cry murder the first few times we did ) she was also extremely hygienic, even more so than us. She always reminded us that baby is the most precious and we cannot be lazy about things. She would always shower immediately after cooking and use a swaddle over herself if she was perspiring in the day to protect baby.

No fear of over feeding: one of my concerns was that CN will overfeed baby. There was none of that with nanny. She recommended upping the FM when baby had jaundice and while we were sceptical, our PD recommended the exact same amount and approach as Nanny a few days later. It was clear she was very experienced. Before PD confirmed so, she respected our wishes and fed baby the amount we told her to. When baby’s appetite increased, we suggested increasing the feed significantly but nanny suggested doing so incrementally even though it means she has to keep feeding baby and washing more bottles.

Pro breastfeeding: as a new mum, BF was stressful but nanny was very encouraging. She would always tell me my supply will come in slowly and not to stress. Even when the amount pumped was dismal she would tell me it’s normal and my supply was already very good. She also gave me tips on how to increase my supply and position baby for optimal latching. While she gave recommendations on food to eat and avoid, when I declined to follow she respected my wishes.

Easygoing and generous: she was also very generous with her time and efforts. She cleaned the whole place instead of just baby room, washed all our laundry and frequently cooked for the whole extended family (including visitors who came by). She would also take only rice and veg and the ingredients of the soup. Even when we insisted that she share the meat and fish she would always decline and say she can just take some biscuits. She even brought her own biscuits and chips. Although it was agreed she would get an afternoon break so she could stay up at night, whenever baby fussed in the afternoon she would get to the baby immediately and console her, at times even quicker than us who were not napping

Warm personality: we were initially worried about having a stranger at home but Nanny had a very warm personality. Everyone including our parents ended up really liking her and feeling sad when she left.

Great cook: she was a skilful and flexible cook. Her dishes were nutritious and varied. She was also respectful of our wishes. When I was sick of ginger she explained the importance of consuming it but stopped adding them nonetheless when I said I didn’t want any.

Lastly, although knowledgeable about confinement rules, she respected my wishes not to follow some. I showered daily and wore sleeveless tops. Also drank cold water. She would remind me tenderly but was not naggy.

Even after she left, we would text her for help when baby acts up. She would reply with detailed instructions and still asks regularly how her “Bao bei” is doing. During her time she also gave baby a generous angpow and also gave me an advanced one as my birthday was the week after she leaves.

We are grateful to nanny and recommend her. Happy to provide more details and her contact if anyone is interested:)

can i have her contact details?

Back