Any mtb/moms staying at Woodlands area?

Hi Mummy to PrincessA, how much do LNT classes cost? Do they charge annually, quarterly or monthly? My girl is 20 months now and she is still speaking in baby-talk. I checked out the LNT website and it looks quite interesting.

Thanks in advance.
happy.gif

vanessa, my boy at 22 months still cannot talk... hahahah... i think it depends on your child... but he can understands intsructions in English, Mandarin and Malay... he will speak some words when he is in the mood...

mama N baobao, my gal is very active also... if you wish to teach your active child, break it into short sessions... each activity last about 15 minutes... and let the child take a break, or let the child play... then later in the day another 15 minutes... you should teach a child long enough to capture their attention and but not too long till the child becomes fidgety... you should stop just before the child gets bored...

Hi db, I can say that my girl is very talkative, except that we don't understand what she's saying. Everytime I call her from the office, she would not let me end the call until she has finished her "story". Hahaha!

She can also understand and follow instructions very well so her pedia advised me to wait until she turns 2 before I start worrying on her speech development.

Zoophonics fee = $120 (deposit which is refundable) + $270 (this is for Apr to Jun fee)

LNT fee = $600 per term (12 lessons)

vanessa, yup wait till 2 yrs old then need to worry, i read somewhere that most importantly they can understand instructions well... if they dun then it can be more worrying... my boy can talk quite accurately but he is too lazy to talk... sigh...

by the way LNT charges $550 (weekdays) or $600 (weekends) per term (12 sessions)

My girl is more of a 'looker' than 'listener' (from an article). Looker's speech development are slower, but they are very good in their hand eye coordination. Listener's speech development is much faster, but slower in other areas. Sometimes yr kids may be a mix of both charateristics.

mummy to princessA, my girl also more a "looker".

very sharp in looking tings and hands very touchy. haha. speech.. haiz.

mamabaobao
class is only 1.5hr. doesnt make sense for me to go home and make dbl trips.
anyway, usually i'll buy newspapers and drink a cuppa in the coffeeshop while waiting.
thought if anyone lives ard there can meet up for a short coffee break.

sorry, its "listener" and "mover". haha
she has a wide range of vocab and loves singing, dancing and is a drama queen! she likes "pretend" play and outdoor activities too..

morning mummies

found the thread again..

Any one want to share order pedisure milk powder 400g purple lid 300 for 24 tins and goat milk sweeties..

thanks pearl... that is quite cheap. unfortunately i just bought it quite recently... let me ask hubby if he wants to get another one or not... will pm you.

Me thinking to order more from her, where she will give some sample pack as token where I will pass on to you all.

My 12 tins are shared between me and my sister in law and friends.

IF we can get another 12 tins, then easier for neg more sample pack lor.

db - I'm AB+, so what food should i avoid? didn't know got such...

babybearbear - is it paid per session or per term? seems v costly.

Pearl - I have PM you.

hi Jusyoume

I had replied

the sweeties is hard form and 200 pcs with assorted favour.

Collection will be at Admiralty MRT at 6pm-6.15pm.

I will be ordering 12 tins to be shared by my sister in law.

to be clear,below is the sharing part

1) Pearl - 4 tins
2) Sis in law - 7 tins.
3) Ling Baobao - 1 tins.

If any mummy wants will try to see can hit about 12 tins where she will give me more samples lor then I will pass it you mummy that share with me

juzyounme, here is what the book write:

Weight-loss guideline:
(1) Minimize consumption of meat
(2) Eat plenty of cultured food such as dairy and soy
(3) Eat plenty of fresh veges adn fruits
(4) Avoid, alcohol, caffeine, sodas and refined sugars
(5) Engage in meditative exercise (yoga) and rigorous aerobic exercise several times a week.

Food that promotes weight loss for your blood type are:
(1) soy foods
(2) fish and seafoods
(3) cultured dairy
(4) green veges
(5) seaweed
(6) pineapple

Food that promote weight gain for your blood type are:
(1) Red meat
(2) Chicken
(3) Kidney beans
(4) Lima beans
(5) Corn
(6) Wheat
(7) Buckwheat

<font color="#660000">wesin, db,
thanks for sharing abt enrichment classes n self-teaching tips!

storm,
oic. maybe hv to hang around till new SAHMs join this thread. if im not wrong, most here are FTWMs.</font>

mama N baobao, no prob...

mama N baobao/storm, actually currently i am sahm... will only be back to work in late June... but now busy preparing for my exams... so cannot meet up... maybe after 3rd week of April then more convenient...

Hi BabyBearbear
sorry for late reply. Yup, my gal used to be in Kinderland. She enjoys the art and music lessons. She used to have a English teacher who was very good, but I think she has moved on from Kinderland, so I am not sure hows the quality of the teachers now. But in terms of curriculum, I think they go in depth on their topics, unlike some who may just touch and go.

Db,
I am curious, for blood type O+, whats the 'Recipe' for weight loss?

Mummies,
My gal is currently taking Grade 3 ballet (Commonwealth Society of Teachers of Dancing-CSTD). However, I want to switch her to a dance school that can lead her to Royal Academy of Dance (RAD)certification. Any good school to recommend? Tks!

hi all

expiry for the sweeties are at least one year.

Will make payment on friday. let me know if you want to order lah

Hi Pearl,

I would like to have 1 tin. I can collect from Admiralty MRT but I will confirm with you later if I can meet the timing because I need to work late sometimes.

Please let me know your Account# so that I can transfer.

Thanks.
happy.gif

Rach, ok for O blood here is what the book writes:

Weight loss guidelines:
(1) Eat a high protein diet, emphasizing organic, chemical free meats.
(2) Minimize carbohydrates found in grains, beans and legumes except those allowed for Type O (this got a list of it, too long too list it out)
(3) Include sources of essential fatty acids especially omega 3 oils found in fish
(4) Eat plenty of vege and fruits
(5) Avoid, alcohol, caffeine, sodas and refined sugars
(6) Engage in rigorous aerobic exercise several times a week.

Foods promote weight lost for O blood are:
(1) Lean organic red meat
(2) Seafood
(3) Seaweed
(4) Kai lan, broccoli, spinach
(5) Pineapple

Foods promote weight gain for O blood are:
(1) Wheat gluten
(2) Dairy foods
(3) Corn
(4) Kidney beans
(5) Navy beans
(6) Lentils
(7) Cabbage
(8) Potatoes

Pearl - I order 1 tin. How do I transfer fund to you? Collection place and time should be ok for a weekday.

db - thanks for the info. sigh, i sure eat red meat. having soy &amp; diary products are ok. i don't have time to exercise several times a week. i will save the info up.

hi Kate

will Pm you my HP. I will placed order by Friday and make payment.

To date
Vanessa - 2 tins if expiry 2010
Kate - 1 tins.

Don need to make payment first till I have placed order.

Wow alot of msges to catch up but I don't think I go all the way up to read, hehehee...

Juzyounme (juzyounme), what I do now is take the stairs instead of the lift whenever I go home. Hopefully this will help, hehehee..

Pearl (mod_toomuch), just wondering the goat milk sweeties got goat smell or not huh? Wud like to let my gal try? But I am scare if she doesn't eat I will have to eat them and I HATE goat smell.

To date
Vanessa - 2 tins if expiry 2010
Kate - 1 tins.
Jusyoume - 1 tin
tt77 - 1 tin

Hi Clovy

The sweeties, not very strong smell of goat milk. Me hate the smell too but I also take lor

Order placed...

1) Name: Pearlyn
2) brand of milk powder : complete
3) quantity : 24 tins + 24 tins goat's sweets
4) self collection
5) payment via atm transfer : atm transfer: $696

if anyone want to share the sweeties and pediasure, let me know,

Sweeties - balance 4 tins which I can share. if not I will keep as stock

Pediasure - Balance 12 tins which I can share too if not will keep for stock.

Hi Juzyoume and Kate, had PM you my account#

Hi clovy, the sweeties actually have a fruity smell and the taste was not strong either. Bought a tin from NTUC last night and my girl liked it a lot.

Hi Pearl, just sent you an SMS, please let me know your acct# so that I can transfer later. Thanks.
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">whoa..this thread moves very fast nowadays.
so many mummies have helped to ans the qns on lnt, gug and kindermusik..hehehe</font>

Hi mummies.

Hi Kate,
Re the Zoophonics, it should be for 12 lessons.

Hi Rach
Did you try calling SOTA? The new school of arts. My colleague's son started his sec 1 there this year and he showed me the website. Very impressive! I would definately consider this and the Sports school as options for my girl. I think the fee is a few hundred bucks for a month. Oh well, don't mind to pay, so long my girl has the talent.

Back