Any mtb/moms staying at Woodlands area?

daisy,
Thks for your recommendation on lizard trap. I saw my kitchen had 1 lizard few days ago and I tried to beat. But it crawl too fast and I couldn't find it. I shld go and grab the trap asap.

Thank you mummies for all your well-wishes. Guess its fated..Din really plan. Just let nature takes its course cos not in a hurry to have 2nd one too. When u r not stress/anxious to have bb, I guess you get it more easily? Cos we din do it very often leh..enough to satisfy my hubby can liao, hehehee

Yup my 2nd baby and daisy (daisyt) guessed rite -2mths now.

db (dryperbaby), go ahead and guess bah. I don't mind. I tell you hor - there is this chinese calendar to guess the gender rite? My friend calculated and said my first one by right shd be a boy but come out to be a gal. So not accurate one lor if you are going to use this method.

mira_tan (mira_tan), Since I have a gal already so to balance maybe will prefer boy? But seriously boy or girl is ok with me lah.

Wendy Sim (wesim), I ever told my gal abt bb inside my stomach. She doesn't seem to understand what I am talking about. Thought something is wrong with my stomach so touch my tummy and then see nothing wrong, just went off to play. Hahahaa...

clovy - wah, so every1 guess right that u r pregnant ooo... Congrats!

bee - i went to Crest Dental clinic yest. wah, the dentist was so fast until i wonder if he really detailed in his work or not -_-" like any other dentists, he can see that i have worn braces in my younger days and kept saying that my teeth is prefectly clean. asked him got any signs of calcium worn out (some pregnant women have teeth prob coz of calcium deficiency) he said my teeth is perfectly ok. paid $50 and he told me to come back again in May. my 1st time went to woodlands mart, there r sure lots of shops.

Juzyounme, yes,i agree he is fast, but i trust him lor.
happy.gif
anyway..u must be comfortable loh.
happy.gif
yap, a lot of stalls there..can spen some time there walk walk after dinner..hehe
happy.gif

clovy, i am not using the calendar you mentioned... I need you to answer me a few questions below before I can make my guess:

(1) How is your morning sickness this time round? Worse, not that bad or the same as previous pregnancy

(2) Do you feel more energetic this time round compared to previous pregnancy?

(3) Overall is there any differences between this pregnancy than the previous one?

Thanks. :)

bee - haiz, i don't know eh. i would prefer the dentist which i went to for past few yrs, but she has increased her price to $80, orchard area and open only office hrs. i'm too tired to go much places nowadays and have swollen ankle, left 45 days to EDD, like want to drop. any other choice of dentist in woodlands area, cheap and good? see when got chance to go woodlands mart to walk, didn't explore much that day i went.

<font color="aa00aa">bee,
i just realised i missed your posting regarding the brownies/ muffins.
am i too late?
has your hubby gone for reservist?
anything sms me @ 93804733.</font>

aiyo, so envy to see your kids are having fun with their concert. So disappointed that my son's CC doesn't have any, tis year pretty quiet. Not even photo taking. Sigh!
It's really a happy thing to see your kid's performing in front of the parents.

<font color="aa00aa">cclyn and those mummies having kids in P1 next year,
just to inform u that all primary schools will do some kind of test..be it diagnostic/ language/ oral, etc during the P1 orientation.
this is done cos in schools they have the LSP prog for the weaker kids.
so the test can determine which kid needs the extra help.
test is also done for class distribution.
HTH</font>

hi batman

Oh really, ur son's CC dun have concert ? How abt those kids in K2, do they have graduation ceremony ?

Hi lynzi

Thanks for the info

I've heard some sch having test during orientation, I rec'd letter fr sch, they have language assessment during orientation, but dunno how they conduct..

I always tot diagnostic test is to segregate all the good/best student into same class, so they can perform and score high marks for the sch :p

cclyn,
Last year my elder son was in K2, the principal did a survey to the parents whether to have a concert or just a celebration for K2 kids. The costume costs abt $40 per suit, so in the end no concert, only brought them to MacD to eat.
This year the same, did the survey again and still no concert. I believe js bring the K2 kids to eat lor.

Hi batman

For my son's concert, the costume cost $50. Concert ticket - $25 per ticket. Class graduation pics cost $35.

Your son is in Woodgrove Pri rite. Then he'll be in the morning session next year? My son is allocated to Class 1A.

Hahahaa...thank you Juzyounme (juzyounme), lynzi (lynzi1606), VQ (vinegarqueen) and cclyn (cclyn). Actually I dun feel that excited when I realised I'm pregnant compared to my first one. But receiving all your warm wishes from all of you, i am starting to have some excitment feelings in me, wondering how my bb is feeling inside, doing ok, etc.

db (dryperbaby), (1) I have bad morning sickness this time round. 1st one dun remember I have that severe or that much morning sicknes. Dun think I have it at all when I was pregnant with my gal the first time. So smooth was pregnancy and labour, I actually look forward to have my 2nd fast like e.g. the next consecutive year. Hahahaaa...but in the end did not fulfill my wish cos my gal was quite a handful, sensitive, high need baby and I never thought much after that.. Just let nature takes it course lor esp I was still breastfeeding her. Now I only latch her at night, think it is ok rite even though I am pregnant? Any experience mom can advise? My gal currently is drinking from my frozen ebm which I stored in the freezer. Once supply is finished, I will start to wean her to formula milk. Dun think I have anymore engery to pump in the office. (2) So to answer your 2nd qs, I feel more lethargic this time round. (3) Overall the differences b/w this pregnancy and the previous are what I stated in no. (1) and (2) lor. So what is your conclusion huh?

Over the weekend, I believe you all watched the news about DBS retrenchment rite? Any mummies working in DBS? This is so scary!! I really wonder what is next for this recession? Maybe more companies will be taking this easy way to save cost since DBS has set a good eg for them to follow already.. Haiz, so sad. I wonder my relative's dd who is working at DBS as customer officer kena affected or not....

Hi Batman &amp; Mimosa

My boy's sch concert is held in sch, so pay for his costume &amp; graduation pic...

I think shd have graduation ceremory lor... a simple one la for memory

My cousin is working in DBS too. He is one of the VPs (note: they hv a lot of VPs). Heard from his mum that he is 'safe'.

Now, it is only the beginning. More retrenchment are expected next year. It is not going to be a joyous Christmas for all.

Just heard from my boss (and CFO thru VDO) that we need to tighten our belts. Well, what's new. We have not been travelling that much since our last biz trip in Feb this year. Good news is that we are not laying off any staff.

linda,
So you got to pay quite alot for their graduation. Does the sch always have graduation every year?

oh my son is in 1A tis year, next year will be P2. Still morning session. 1 thing I dont like abt 1A class is it's aircon so easily will get flu. Not sure will it be the next classroom for next year anot.

cclyn,
Ya, I also feel that there shld be some performance, be it just a plain costume also can.

batman,

Ya, i paid alot for the concert. The CC have graduation every year. Last year was Sports Day cum graduation and the year b4 was concert. This year will be concert with the theme "Musical" and my son's class will be performing a dance item. I've not seen the costume yet.

Is P1, P3 and P5 afternoon session then P2, P4 and P6 morning session in Woodgrove?

Hi clovy, my guess is a boy. Your first one is a gal rite? Regarding breast feeding, I breastfed my gal till I was 7 months pregnant. I wean her off because my tummy starts to harden everytime she latches on. So if you dun feel much contractions should be ok. If you do feel contractions best to stop just in case.and dun eat any supplement to boost up your supply without consulting your gynae.

I forget to share with u ladies abt my visitng to the NTUC CC at Blk 347.

I was there on 1 of their open house. i stepped in with my DH. I spoke in english saying that i would like to make some enquiries abt the toddler session.
But the teacher(i think so!) replied me in Mandarin with m'sia accent. I replied her in Mandarin then n we spoke in mandarin after.
When i asked her some questions, she dont seems to know so she asked me to give her a moment while she approach another teacher for help.
The other teacher is fm China n spoke to me in mandarin too.

my DH n i then asked for the charges. We were leaded to the principal or ctr-in-charge. I asked her: Are all the teachers from either M'sia or China?
So, will they be able to speak Proper English to my child? Cos they speak Mandarin to me when i asked them in English!

Guess how she answered me? She asked me back: What do you mean by Proper English? I told her Proper English as in Fluent English &amp; not Singlish
or broken english! She told me they are able to speak Simple English. How could this be? What is their guidelines for hiring a teacher?

My DH n i took the charges she copied for us, stepped out n nvr look back! My DH is so pissed off.

U ladies get what i mean n what is my concern right?

<font color="ff6000">Mira,</font>
My DD is in Fuchun Pri.

yar Wendy Sim (wesim), this time recession my boss also think that it will be as bad as the recession in 1997/8 so ask us to do our job properly and at the same time keep our fngers crossed. BTW, what does VDO stand for?

Hey about this abused cc teacher at AMK I know exactly where the LV branch is..Really very bad management. Chinese saying: Shang(4) liang(2) bu(4) zheng(4) xia(4) liang(2) wai(1).

Hahahaa...mummies here talking about their child going to Primary school. A few more years down the road, Wendy Sim (wesim), it will be our turn le. Kekekekeee....stress man!! Now I will just read all the correspondences gain an insight.

ok db (dryperbaby)! I will let you know once I get to know the gender. Now is still too early to tell. How do you come to this conclusion yar?

kao_yawn.gif
GOOD MORNING ALL MUMMIES!!
kao_yawn.gif

hmm, my side they seems not going to renew the contract staffs, which include me..
sad.gif
so sad. my hubby said most probably, cos my colleague has gotten her renew of contract letter last month and i have not..which we join the company for 20days difference(me later.)

morning mummies....

bee,
perhaps you will receive at a later date.....

VQ,
i will certainly do the same too...i thought they r quite rigid when employing CC teachers....

re: LV,

so sick! i wonder how is it over @ Vista point.

Hope its not like the AMK branch. And i must agreee that the management really CMI

Good morning everyone!

VQ,
My block downstair also have one NTUC Child care centre. I know some of the teacher is from China. Maybe is good in a way that the child got a chance to expo to Chinese earlier. Anyway, they will have to take Chinese as 2nd language when they are in School.
Your DD is in which level?

Bee,
Don't too worry, as you said, you are 20 days after your colleague...so maybe by then you will ask to sign the renew contract.
All the best to you.

Morning mummies.

Hi clovy
VDO is video something....keke..me also not too sure. We just click to the link and see the video. This is how we communicate globally.

Re Childcare ctr
Employing teachers from China is fine as the kids got to learn Chinese (hopefully without the accent). However, if majority of the teachers can't even construct a sentence in proper English, then it is definately worrying.

Mummies, it is not only LV that is having such sub-standard (pardon me for saying this) teachers. Kinderland too...sign. The teacher who showed me around the centre couldn't speak proper English throughout the whole of our conversation!!!! I can tell she is local. Not from Malaysia or China.

Clovy, will tell you how I derive to this conclusion if I got it right. If not no point mah. Care to tell which lv branch in amk? You can pm me.

Vivi, I also hope lv at vista point is alright too. I heard from a fren that the teachers there are good and they speak very good english. But again we only know once our kids are there.

db,

my boy is there now. he seems okie there. But then keeping my fingers cross.

Wendy,
i agreed. My boy was in MMI before we shifted. And there was this teacher teaching the nursery or kindergarten students. She Abused him till the boy has phobia and has to seek professional help. He is no longer the cheerful and playful boy.

Linda,
Last year P1,P3,P5 are afternoon and P2, P4,P6 is morning session. Tis year they changed to P1,P2 afternoon and P3-P6 morning session.

My co js announce no increment for tis coming Feb..boohooo...but on the another end, js consider lucky with no paycut la. To console myself. Thk the economic is real bad and I hv no savings all tis time round. I really hv to start savings now.

<font color="ff6000">Mira,</font>
My elder DD will be in P3 next year. Y?

<font color="ff6000">Mommies,</font>
I am glad u all support me too! cos i fear of being "BOMB" man! hehehe.....

Yes, this is worrying! Imagine next time, my child can speak fluent Mandarin but speak Singlish or Broken English.
I feel this is a disgrace if we are to speak to an English speaking foreigner.

I am more concern of speaking of proper English at the CC for my child.

As we r a mandarin speaking family, we communicate mainly in mandarin. My elder DD can speak fluent mandarin,
sometimes i m shocked when she use those "bombastic" words. She picked up English when she was in playgroup.
Then, she becomes bilingual. She can translate English to Chinese n explain to her grandparents in Mandarin.

In this case, seems like non of the reputable or non-reputable CC hire any "REAL" fluent English speaking teacher?
What will happen to our children?

<font color="ff6000">Eeee.....I HATE lizards, cockroaches, etc TOO!!!</font>

<font color="ff0000">batman

No paycut is gd already wor...
me salary freezed for 4 yrs liao...
Same2 all the way...

I really hates lizards
</font>

vivi, i think it is not only LV got such cases... I read from other forums, MMI also got abuse kids one... I think it is everywhere... it just happens that LV case get into the newspaper whereas the rests do not... as parents we just need to be more alert and observe our kids behaviour and once in awhile do a surprise visit to the centre... I only be sending my gal next year Jan... ur boy in which level at LV Vista Point?

there is also a childcare centre that leave pen knife lying around where the kids can reach them... I dunno if you all read this news or not. One of the kids took the pen knife and cut her fren on the thigh a few times! I wonder what the heck the teacher is doing leaving such objects lying around in the classroom... horrible right... so dangerous...

<font color="aa00aa">harlow mummies!!!

aiyoh...today i come in here then i got lost.

any tips on how to get rid of flying cockroach??

so irritated cos yesterday nite 1 flew in thru my kitchen window.
this is what i hate about living mid floor.
arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh</font>

Back