Any MTB in Punggol?

<font color="aa00aa">babyjan</font>,

Can takes abt 1-2mins to flash 5 cards. Altogether you are suppose to flash abt 15 cards in 5. Got to stop for awhile before you cont with the 2nd deck of 5 cards and so on....

bbjan, we supposed to bring bb for jab on their 8th wk?

petite, meaning we supposed to flash the cards fast n continuously? ve to stop after how long?

hullo mummies long time no "see"... haiya... tmrw going back to work liao.. so sian.... sure very sleepy 1....

bbjan, i got 2 bn box of avent milk liners u want?? 1 box 100 pcs i think. dun think i need dat much.

Hi amore

How's your first day at wk? Must be damn sleepy and tired... u express ur milk in office?

My milk ss has stabilise. Now only giving my gal FM for 1 nite feed only. So i intend to store some BM so that can gv after i gone back to wk.
Ok, i get 1 box fm u to try first.

zenn- Pd and the GP said for the 1st jab can go between 6-8wks. My gal will be 8th wk old next wk.

bbjan, in office abit "zhou bo"... now still ok...not sleepy yet.... just had my lunch... hope i can tong the day... bb woke up at 2am for her feed this morning after her last feed @ 9pm. my mum helped to feed my gal to let me have more rest. then she woke up at 6am for her next feed. my mum help also so i pump and do my washing up.

noticed now my gal can sleep longer at nite and sometimes in the day too between her feed. got once she slept from 9pm to 7am!!! when she woke up crying for milk i was quite surprise to see the clock already 7am!! but her intake dring the day did not increase leh...

just now wanted to pump in the meeting room. but was occupied. my office in suntec. so went to the nursing room to pump... hmm really can see diff when using single pump and double pump.

have u started storing EBM in the freezer? u latch ur gal or u express and feed her?

re 1st jab - i bring my gal for her jab when she is exactly 2nd mth.

Hi Zenn,
I will try to arrange a day to show those of you are interested to learn abt Flash cards.

Hard to explain on the web. Cos there are lots of eg... But got to wait till after Apr, my son 1yr old party.

Btw, has anybody tried the increase Milk SS rountine that I e-mailed, any feedback?

amore,
tx for ur nb diapers, sori it took me so long to post. was gettin reli lazy n slpy nowadays. i can slp frm 9pm to 8am the next dae.

anyone interested in comin out for a dina sometime first or second week of april?

My gal is drinking between 90-120ml per day and can last for 3-4 hrs. I give her ebm in the day and FM for the nite feed at 11pm and when we go out. I only latched her when her milk is not ready (in the warmer) and before she sleeps every nite.

Since last week, my gal has skipped thep midnite feed. She will drink at 10 plus-11pm and wake up the next morning at 5-6am.Hope she maintains this pattern. There were a few times she woke up in the middle of the nite and made some noise. I went to prepare the milk and when i got back, she went back to sleep again...wasted the milk. Lucky tat they were FM and not BM.

Petite- pai seh leh. I got the routine from u but never follow. I think not so easy leh. Anyway, my milk ss has increase now compare to the first few weeks.Now i pump 3 times a day.... 8+am, 2+pm and 9+pm. If i am free in between, i will pump.

I am interested in the flash card session. Let me know.

Amore- I haven start storing milk in the freezer. intend to do so cos i feel that my milk ss has increase. Now i can expressed avg 4oz(100-120ml) per session. Sometimes it can go to 6oz.

Wat is the lilypadz? Washable breastpad?

As for the avent liners, if u come to punggol plaza for makan then u pass to me lor. U gv me a call then i go down meet u. Ok?

I just bought my Braun thermometer so anytime can bring my gal for the jab liao. Before that, i dun have the digital thermometer so cannot measure if my gal will have fever or not.

I intend to gv my gal rotavirus and pnuemococcal jab. If u take the 6-in-1 jab from Healthway,they gv $5 discount for the rotavirus and pnuemo jabs.

re lilypadz - it is silicon breastpad. reusable. but not cheap... MIM selling $36

http://www.momsinmind.com.sg/lilipads.html

ok maybe this weekend I'll pass u the milk liners...

petite_thing.. i also deen try.. coz have been expressing instead of latching my gal.

for me i took more milk plus and drink MIM nursing tea + frequent pumping to increase my ss. it did help to increase my ss... but just today go back work... cannot pump frequently and only use single pump can see dat my ss dropped liao...

petite, thx! paiseh i nv follow the schedule too.

bbjan, my gal drinks 130ml. if she nv zzz, ebm can last her around 2hrs. she is big eater n my ss cant meet her demand. today i tried pumpin every 3hrs n oni 70ml
sad.gif

wat is rotavirus and pnuemococcal jab for?

amore, does milk plus really help? i heard abt it but yet to try. where u got it n how much?

Hi les petite,

I am interested in the flash card thingy too....let mi know if u r organsing one....I intend to do flash card oso..

Rotavirus is the most common cause of severe diarrhoea and vomitting in infant and young children. It is a highly infectious virus. The vaccine is in oral form and must be taken before the child is 6mth old.

Pneumoccocal diseases is a grp of serious infections that occurs most commonly in children. It can lead to permanant hearing loss, brain damage and even death.

For children <6months old = 4jabs
Between 6 mths to 1 yr = 3 jabs
Below 2 yrs = 2 jabs
2yrs and above = 1 jab

One jab costs $170... very exp but sometimes its better to be safe than sorry.

I intend to let my gal take the Pneumo jab after she 1 yr or maybe earlier at 6 months. Becos she has many jabs to be taken for the first 6 months...6-in-1, rotavirus...etc.

Zenn- try latching your gal directly. I think it helps. I only latch my gal on my left breast say twice a day. And when i pump, i can get 4 oz from that breast. My right breast got pathetic milk ss, abt 10ml only. So i now i have uneven breasts.
sad.gif

Did u try fenugreek seeds? I started on that two days back and i think my increased in milk ss could be due to the fenugreek seeds.

Ya..heard that milk plus and goat rue help to increase milk ss too.

Amore- before u come to PP, maybe u sms me to see if i m at home. Otherwise, i can also pick up from your place too. I sms you if i go over.

So who is taking care of your gal now...your mum?

bbjan, yes i m letting my gal to latch direct. took fenugreek pill n seeds too but didnt increase much
sad.gif
now wonder should try goat rue
718003.gif

my right breast also has more milk than left. funniest thing is i started wif more milk on the left but later become the other way round.

my gal took both rota and pneumoccocal + 6in1. so she had 2 jabs dat day. both given at 1 go.

bbjan, ya my mum over at my place looking after my gal.

now started working ss really dropped alot. wanna pump also must make sure got time. Cannot crash with meetings etc. worked so hard to increase ss during ML like go down the drain. sigh. my mum see me so cham everyday big bag small bag to go work and come back only pathetic 2 bottles of milk ask me to stop breastfeeeding liao give formula instead.

zenn, sama sama... even b4 pregnant my right breast is already bigger than my left. during confinement right breast always produce more milk. think got once my right breast got a super huge lump. after dat incident, my left breast is producing more than my right. but my right breast is still bigger than my left!

how long have u been taking Fenugreek pill and seeds? when i took more milk plus dat time, I can see results w/i 2 days. dat time i'm expressing full time. did not latch my gal at all.

more milk plus contain Fenugreek and other herbs dat helps to increase ss. maybe u try first and see if u see any results.

amore, actually i also worried once back to work no time to pump esp i m in sales. on the road all the time. now already so miserable, cannot imagine after that. how much dropped is urs?

i m taking 2nd bottle of fenugreek capsule n started seed since mon. u bought milk plus fm HOme on Earth too? I email them but no reply yet and there r no number to call.

zenn, the last few weeks b4 i started working i already "train" my breast by pumping every 6 hrs. each session I can pump from 100ml to 150ml from each breast. now ah i can only pump 80 to 120ml per session from each breast at home. during office hour, like yest only 120ml to 150ml from both breast combine. dunno is it due to single pump or wat.

my work abit like urs need to go to client's place and no fixed desk. so go work everyday need to bring along pump + accessories + laptop. some client's place might not have fridge so i bought a mini fridge from fridge to go. i scare the milk will spoil. so xin gu pump cannot give bb.

ya i ordered more milk plus from them coz i no time to go down to those shops that sell them. actually they quite fast leh. i ordered online. 1 or 2 days later they delivered to my place.

amore, wow so great diff. if mine dropped by urs dan no milk left
sad.gif
btw do u ve their tel no? should i get milk plus or goat rue?

zenn, i dun have their number. I just ordered online. i very ks i bought both. but i started on more milk plus first and it's finishing. maybe after dat will continue with goat's rue.

<font color="ff6000">Eczema, Common Allergies & exposure to music Talk At KK Hopsital</font>

When yesterday for the talk. Nothing much said maybe bcos I nod lots abt Eczema.

Just to share a few things that was mention there:

* Eczema can be develope as early as bb when 2 mths old.

* Eczema = Asthma.

* Asthma can be develope in bb when 1 yrs old

* In Sin, there are babies allergy to Bird Nest.

* Always wash bed sheet once a week, try washing them in Hot H20.

* Skin Test, blood test are available at KK to test for allergy.

* Avoid thick clothing eg, wool

* Steriod cream are less 'harmful' than Steriod oinment.

<font color="ff6000">Exposure to music</font>

There is another school call 'Seimpi school of music', think is quite good. All the teachers there are well- trained to teach bb to toddlers.

Looks like music is also important to bb / children

I saw some slide that was shown:

* 3yrs kid can play a full song in the show 'ZHAO AN NI HAO'. She start learning piano around 2yrs old.

* Music Mapping- this boy was hearing the song 3 blind Mice and was told to draw something, He drew the lines like in the hospital heart beat machine type- Up & dw. Teacher asked him, he mention the songs goes up and dw then very fast...

* Slight Seeing- The teacher show a few pics on the OHP for 10Sec then off it. The students were suppose to point out on their assignment which are the pics that was shown.

* The students were suppose to follow the beat and nods when to stop and play at the same time without the teacher promting

* The students were to compose their own beat in a time frame given by the teacher (After the teacher has given a demo).

I think I might want to Send Riz there for a trial $35.00. Anybody Keen?

There is 2 schools located at Pasir Ris & Funan Ctr.

Currently the teachers there are having a tight schedule. The school will inform me when they are able to take in more students.

http://www.seimpi-music.com.sg/

<font color="0000ff">Funny</font>

Will inform you again abt the flash cards thing.

hullo n morning everyone....

how is everyone doing? really tired... working + pumping + taking care of bb..... really dunno i can tong for at least 6 mths anot... only started work for 3 weeks already feel like giving up liao....

lucky my mum is staying with me... so the occasionally 12am and 5am feed she's helping me....

petite thing, are u planning to go back to work soon?

Hello everyone!

Guess everyone is bz? The thread been so quiet...

Btw, I brought my gal to Healthway Punggol for 6-in-1 jab. Dr Tan is good and impressed by the way he did the jab. 'chop chop' one
happy.gif

hi all,
I'm a 1st time mummy staying at PG21, my bb girl has juz turn 4 month old last week.
I hv been working FT and TBF at the same time, really feel tired all the time. Adding on to all this is that my workplace don't hv a nursing room and I hv to express my BM in the storeroom. There were 2 occasions where my co-worker opened the door to the store when I was inside. Now I feel so stress everythime I'm inside the room... so scare that someone will barge in while I'm in the midst of expressing... hai... my ss even got affected.

zenn, ur gal cranky after the jab? my gal was super cranky for 2 days....

petite, stay at home be SAHM also gd... can be with ur boy all the time...

welcome blue_rabbit... now I'm at client's office... using their meeting room to express... though can lock the door.. but must chop chop also and can only use during lunch time.... possible for u to do a "Do Not Enter" sign outside when u pump? then as least can stop pple from going in... my ss also affected.... i guess we already done our best....

hello everyone....

amore--u wking on sunday?? are u doing audit wk?
I going back to wk in may, hope to establish my ss now. My gal is on EBM only. She dun like my breasts leh. When i try to direct latch,she cry like siao...as if forcing her to take poison.

btw, how much milk are ur babies taking now? Mine is 120ml x 6 = 720ml per day.

zenn- i like Dr Tan too. Very nice guy. My gal also didnt cry much when he did the jab. Only cry for like 10sec only when the needle poke her. After tat ok. My gal got fever after the jab...but was 2 days later. Temp went up to 38.6deg. But she ok leh...didnt cry nor cranky.

Petite- came across your posts in other threads...u used to "fly"? U intend to go back to the same line?

welcome blue_rabbit. My co also dun have proper nursing rm. The breastfeeding mothers in my co all express milk out in a pantry (that floor got no office space, only training rms) so quieter when there are no trainings going on. They worked out a schedule so that the pumping time wont clash.

Btw, i just got my Fridge-to-go just now at the self fix store. I bought the FTG1200 model...paying $42.

At this point, i m still committed to BF, Hope my milk ss dun fail me.

babyjan, i work 5 days week. I'm in IT line... i tried to latch my gal twice this week... she doesn't know how to latch liao... so sad..

giving my gal 120ml per feed now... sometimes she can finish sometimes she cant... she sometimes drink 7 times a day.. sometimes 6 times a day.... we dun wake her up for her feed if she overslept... we just let her sleep.. sometimes she can sleep for 4 to 5 hours later then wake up for her feed.... normally is 3 hours between feed..

i also using FTG... think i bought the same model... quite good leh... can really keep the milk chill...

did u ask doc when u can start letting ur gal try cow formula?

<font color="0000ff">Amore</font>

Don't know lei... See how it goes...

Slowly try to latch back yr gal. I don't think you doesn't know how to latch back but is just that she got used using teats. Or maybe at certains times, bb tends just don't want to suck....

hey experienced mummies,
im into my 34wks le. can i get some feedback on epidural as im in d midst of deciding whether to go for epi anot, shld i leave it as an option n decide on the spot or just go for it? reli confused coz im scare of the after effect like vomit, giddy, shivering and headache.

Hi Kris

I wanted to try without epi. But cannot tahan the contraction pain so in the end opted for epi.

I endured the pain for 3hrs plus and yet cervix didnt open a single cm so i decided to take epi, dun want to have long labour. My cervix open to 10cm in 2 hrs times after epi was administered. Some pple said after epi, body more relax so dilation faster. But I got the side effect -- vomit. Before labour, during labour and after labour...i was vomitting like siao. During labour, i was holding a bowl to contain the water i threw out.

My personal opinion is to try without epi first. Really cannot take the pain then opt for epi early. At least U TRY mah...

Btw, i have 2 frens they veri garung. Endure 12hrs labour pain without epi for their delivery. For them, they were veri determined not to have epi...not even an option for them and they succeeded. I salute them!

kris, i think keep ur option open... dat time i did fill up the form for epi thinking dat i mind need it... try to endure first and see of u can bear with the pain.. for me the gas is enuff.... the gas already made me groggy enuff not to feel any pain... i oso have the thigh injection

amore, yes my gal v cranky for 2days too. she was like v sleepy but couldn't sleep well.

huh bb will forget how to latch? dun scare me. btw, how old is ur gal?

bbjan, i was surprised dr tan so young hee my gal nv cry when jab but was cranky the next 2 days. did u give ur gal medicine once after the jab? its helps to prevent fever.

oh mine also opened much faster after i had epi. was told the same too that when not in pain it will open faster.

kris, for me i dun ve side effect during delivery but shiver at nite.

zenn, my gal is 3mths now. I've not been latching her since she's 1.5 mth. think she's to used to us putting the teat into her mouth liao so she doesn't know how to latch.

babyjan/amore/zenn,
tx for the feedback. tink i will keep the option open rather den to decide nw. if cerviz reli not open n cant tahan pain den will go for epi. scary moment drawing veri near le!!!

<font color="0000ff">Kris</font>

I tried not to take epi but in the end also took it. I took all the different types before taking Epi but still doesn't work.

I cannot tahan the Pain aridi. After taking Epi, I was feeling better and wanted to take a rest... Who nods Doc took me got to go Emem C-sect.

hi all,

im also living in Punggol 21....gave birth in Jan would be going back to work next week.....

Zenn,
is it alright to give fever syrup to bb immediately after the jab to prevent fever. Recently, my boy had fever caused by urine infection but his PD told me to give him the syrup only if his temperature is above 38 degrees coz bb's liver still not matured so if can avoid giving him the syrup dun give him.

<font color="0000ff">Kris</font>, All the cords were around him and his heart beat is dropping...

<font color="0000ff">LCh</font>, I gave my son panadol syrup everytime he has injection. But is really up to you.

<font color="0000ff">Amore & Babyjan</font>, Which clinic is better for the Jabs? Is it the 1 in Punggol Pl (health something or at Blk 600+?

welcome lch. looks like there are quite a number of jan bbs in punggol leh... my bb supposed to be jan bb... but leh have to bring her out early. so now become dec bb.

petite, dunno leh. i bring my gal to northern hope.

LCH, i also gave my gal the panadol syrup afeter the jab. She was alrite on the day of the jab but had fever 2 days later.

Petite- i brought my gal to Healthway Medical, 2nd storey of PP for her 6-in-1 and rotavirus vaccination.

Need some advice on EBM...
1) Must the EBM be consumed within an hr after warming up? Usually, i will take out the chilled EBM and leave it at room temp to thaw for 5 min before warming it up in the warmer. When should i start timing...from the moment it is out of the fridge or after taking out from warmer?

2) To store EBM, can I combine two sessions (6hrs apart) BM in one container? ie pouring the 2nd session BM into the 1st session bottle?

3) Likewise, can i pour the EBM from 2 diff session to feed the baby? Eg. EBM from monday nite (10pm) combined with EBM on Tues morning (7am) to get the feeding amt?
Sometimes, the EBM could be from 3 sessions...cos the 1st bottle may contain 2 sessions BM. ai yo...i know it is very confusing...

Anyone shave the baby hair? My gal's hair dropping so i intend to shave botak for her. Heard pple say must do it on the full month or 4th month. Any reccom for salon in Punggol that shave bb's hair ?

<font color="aa00aa">babyjan</font>

<font color="ff6000">EBM</font>

To be comsumed within 2 hrs.

Can mix different timming EBM together.

How is the pricing compare to Healthmark at Blk 600+? Any idea?

bbjan,

during my antenatal class, i was told that you have to transfer from the frozen section to the normal section to thaw first....

amore,
Northen hope is kind of steep right? Abt 688.50 for package.

les_petite,
I went to check with Healthway, if you are taking their package its $100 per jab for 6-in-1 and then free MMR jab when bb is 15mths....you may call them at 63153493 for more details. I intend to bring my boy for injection next week...would be opting for pneumoccocal as well....but still considering whether to give bb jab for rotavirus....

Recently, i came across an article in "The Straits Times"; mindyourbody dated 21 Feb 2007 which says that Rotavirus vaccine may harm some children......

Back