Any MTB in Punggol?

welcome & congrates to funny76.

amore
bb is still wearing mittens. wat i mean is that she has the habit of putting the little hand(wif mittens)into her mouth.

zenn
u can the GP at punggol plaza. The one on the 2nd fl (Healthway medical) is offering $306 for the 6-in-1 jabs. This package includes the 3 jabs, consultation and medicine for fever. And if u take this package, they also give MMR FOC. The clinic on the 1st fl also do vaccination for bb. Its $105 per jab. The nurse never mentioned abt package.

The package offered by Healthway medical like very competitive to polyclinic pricing leh. I may go to the them for vaccination & PD for monthly review.

my gal now has rashes (red spots) all over her body, hands and legs. Face also got a few pimple like red spots. It looks quite bad, am bringing her to see PD later.

congrats and welcome to the club funny76!

littledan, rem u mentioned ur boi drinking similac? can check with u when u prepare the milk does it have alot of bubbles? and the milk powder seems difficult to dissolve.

i suspect my gal having colic leh. always fuss in the late evening till 11+pm.

babyjan, u latching and giving ur gal EBM rite? did u recently eat anything out of the norm? she could be allergy to 1 of the things u eat.

Thank you all on ur advice re: jaundice. Appreciated.

babyjan,

the clinic on the 1st flr. erm. not sure. but both my neighbors and myself felt they were not very good. My neighbor's bb had diarrhea and had to take a jab. but bb wailed and wailed. came back and had some blue black on the inj spot. Dunno why... For my sonnie, few times he came down w stomach upset, but felt his med oso not very good. In the end, had to go KK still.

Since the Healthway one opened, I've been to them. The young doc's not bad. Quite a thorough guy and takes time to explain. Dunno abt his injection skils thos.

Agree, the package seems much more affordable.

amore,

Similac was quite easy to dissolve. we usually just shake the bottle to dissolve. Water first, then powder. erm. cld it be the temperature of water. Must be warm thos.

did u use ru yi oil to massage the tummy. under the navel in clockwise motion.

welcome & congrates to funny76 in joining us!

<font color="0000ff">Amore</font>, my boy use to drink Similac infant.Yes alot of bubbles. After drinking, most of the time also left alot of bubbles / foam. Is normal for Similac. I switch to Enfapro step 2 when he is 7 mths.

<font color="ff6000">Collic</font>

When feeding, lift bb higher. bottle at 45 degree when feeding. Got to burp as much as you can. Can give Grip H20. Mix with abit of H20 for bb to drink.

<font color="0000ff">babyjan</font>, do update us how is yr bb. I suspect bb is "heaty". C what the doc say

just came back from PD. My gal suspected to be allergy to FM. PD said her rashes quite serious. Asked me to stop FM and total breastfeed. If condition doesnt improve, then got to do blood test to slowly isolate the cause.

i see my gal whole body and face covered wif rashes, i so heartpain.

Amore
my gal on FM at nite ~3 feeds. Now got to latch her on liao...no choice. but my PD did gv me a sample of soya based milk, asked me to use if really choice.

i took DOM and chicken wine last week. Wondered it causes the allergy. Anyway, told my mil to stop cooking these wine stuff for me and dun add wine to the cooking.

<font color="0000ff">littledan</font>, I also did not like the GP in Punggol Plaza on the 1st flr. The last time my bb went to c the doc (the Fat Dr) not the young Dr, he gave antibotics to my bb. Said that is was vrius attack, no choice. Bb took a week to get well. The young doc still ok. The Clinic assistants there abit ya ya papaya!

<font color="0000ff">babyjan</font>, If you still need some Soya based milk, I hv Isomil. Just recently my bb got rotavirus, Dr Zainal gave a few pkts to me too. I can pass to you if you need them.

Take care of bb. Just wondering, when did you start Bb with FM? When is the 1st time and the last time you had DOM?

petite

thks. think i will try TBF first.
If really cannot make it then i get fm u. The sample that the PD gv me is a tin of Nursoy (400gm). Dun know can last me how long?

My bb started on FM since birth. I gave her FM 3 times a day, usually at nite say 12mn, 3am and 6am feeds.

I had DOM twice (last mon and tues), and ji jiu on wed.

PD asked me to bring BB back for review tmlo see whether her condition got improve after stopping FM.

Btw, wrt to the vaccination, I told the PD (at KidsClinic) that i may want to bring my gal to a GP instead. She was OK wif it and recommended me to see Dr Chng Woei of Healthway Med at Punggol Plaza. (But i dun remember tat the clinic has a female doc, only got one young male doc leh?). Anyway, She said this Dr Chng is her classmate and is very good with babies and kids. She further added that if bb got any major problem/illness, the dr will refer to her for further review.

<font color="0000ff">babyjan</font>, not too sure lei, Mayb can last till 3/4 of of the mth.

Pardon me, But I doubt is FM that gives rashes to BB. Since you hv started giving since birth. I think it could be yr diet- the DOM or Ji Jiu cos is just recently only.

Did you tell doc abt yr DOM thinny? Wat did she say?

Thats sound gd. I will KIV and go to Healthway the next time to see Dr Chng if needed. Will check if she is full-time there.

petite thing,

yar yar. it was the fat doc we've been seeing. the other one, small and thin one is better. But the fat one attends to this clinic more.

babyjan,

The house doc is a male Dr Tan. Dr Chng's name is there, but I think he/ she is the consultant doc. May need to check w nurse when he/she comes in.

Doesn't seem rite. If ur bb has been drinking the FM since birth, then why rashes only now? And if it's the consumption of milk, then there shld be other symptoms like diarrahea or vomiting rite?

Cld it the external environment? perhaps, the clothing/ or toiletries? Or, allergies to some oils/ lotion to the caretakers?

er... u hv not done the malay massage recently rite?

PD said it take 2-3 weeks for the body to react to the allergy. That's why the symptons starts appearing now. I told her abt my diet too but she still think FM is the "culprit".

My massage session ended last week.

The rashes starts appearing these few days. At first, the rashes starts appearing at the hips there, we tot it was diaper rash or the diaper too tight. Then the hands also have the rash. Last nite was worse, the rashes appeared on the face with pimple-like spots. This morning, the whole chin kena whole stretch and more appearing on the body and legs.

Now damn stressed! worried that i do not hv enuff BM to feed my gal. Hope she will recover soon. wanted to happy happy celebrate her full month on sunday, now such thing happens... haiz..my gal gal so ke lian.

my gal finally poo yest. poo alot yest n today
happy.gif

petite, yes still doin confinement. bb is 3 wks old tml.

funny, congrats!!! my gynae is dr woo fm northern hope at PP.

bbjan, $306 for the 6-in-1 jabs v reasonable. r u bringin ur bb there?

amore, i also realised similac alot of bubbles. will put abit of infacol (not sure if i spell correctly) into the milkn there wont b bubbles after my gal finish.

i ve seen dr ching once n she seems quite nice. not sure abt her jab package

babyjan,

Must take care. Being stressed out will affect ur milk supply. Importantly now, have good rest and food, and pump/ latch on regularly. This will definitely increase the milk. Have faith in yourself!

So, the doc prescribed creams for bb? Wld u like to try Hazeline snow as well, cool from the fridge. Might help. My fren oso strongly recommended the Physiogel range of products for baby use. Supposedly for sensitive skin. But works well for bb too.

Now pumping milk and for an hr only have 1 oz...chiam liao!!!My nitemare is going to start soon. My fridge only has 1 bottle of 3oz EBM, how am i going to last for the next few feeding. Later u gals will see me here at wee hrs pumping like a cow.

Littledan, no leh, doc never prescribed cream or medicine. Her solution to me is TOTAL BREASTFEEDING!

<font color="aa00aa">babyjan</font>, I can understand how stress you going to be. But remember rest and destress yrself will help you get more milk. If really no choice, use the soya milk.

<font color="ff6000">Amore</font> now I nod y the clinic at 600+ is always close.

<font color="aa00aa">Zenn</font>, Now do you feel better after yr bb has Poo Poo? My bb at 2mth+ did not Poo Poo for almost a week. I was like a anxious mum, peeing at his diaper everytime to see when is he going to poo poo. Hv no choice, brought him to Northern Hope, Doz gave him glyercern sup thru his anus. 1hr later POOOOOO.....

Prob cont. Doc said need not chg FM. So I stick to Similac till he is abt 6mths+. But he poo poo was like 2/3 day once. At time abit longer days. I kept track and found his pattern. So When I roughly nod he not going to poo poo today, I brought him out...
lol.gif

At 7mths, I chged to Enfapro step 2. Almost everyday he will poo poo. Sometime will poo poo 2 times a day. Unless he went out that day- think stress las, he won't poo poo.

Hello...here i am working like a cow now. Hee hee

Zenn-u worried that ur bb not poo poo. My bb poos like 4-5 times a day also got us worried.

Could it be the FM? Amore also using Similac leh... amore, u got problem wif the poos?

As for the vaccination, let me think abt it first. U wanna check out Dr Chng's package? My PD said some GP are very good wif children and will do the growth assessment while others are no good and they dun do the assessment, just do vaccination. Or they charged extra for the growth assessment.

So if i go to a GP, then must find one that do growth assessment. Otherwise, I need to go back to my PD to do,then will waste time and spent more $. The difference of $100 plus ($440-$300) is actually the 3x PD consultaion charges.

Btw, i'm selling my new tin of Enfalac FM. Anyone or ur fren interested pls let me know...

Petite- how's the PD charges at Northern Hope? Is it expv?

re poo - no leh. my gal still poo almost every feed. these few days lesser though. i feed similax the most once a day.

<font color="119911">babyjan</font>,

I think 1st consultant is $60.00. Follow visit is $30.00. If you hv NTUC card, can get abit of discount. The fumnny thing is 1 of the nurse there gave me discount when I present my NTUC card. The 2nd time I was there, another nurse tolc me cannot, cause the card is under my name. Don't nod which is true. Med kind of expensive. 1 Hydrocortisone cream cost me $8.00!

good afternoon....

<font color="aa00aa">bbjan</font>, dun stress. this will affect ur milk ss. mayb u wanna try to pump more frequent? also try to massage while pumping
happy.gif

do u know the one at PP 2nd floor does growth assessment?

<font color="aa00aa">funny</font>, i m happy wif dr woo. his pre natal is $840 n can start fm first visit.

<font color="aa00aa">petite n bbjan</font>, yaya at least more fang xin. not easy to b mother. worry if bb dun drink or drink too much, dun poo or poo too much, etc etc

Hi Zenn,

Thks for ur info. I heard fr other thread tat Dr Woo was nt gd...so I kind of worried. Becoz I oredi sign up the package wif Dr Woo liao. I find him quite okie after my 1st visit. I glad to hear that tat u r happy wif him. Thks!

Zenn,

Was told tat he was nt pro enough n his delivery charges is veri ex...compare to other priv hospital like Gleneagle n Mt E.

But mi n my hubby quite comfortable wif him at the moment...
happy.gif

amore,

No worries! Becoz at 1st I was deciding on Dr Brenda or Dr Woo.. Female gynae dun make mi feel so paisey... but anyway they give mi Dr Woo slot so I juz take loh...
kao_biggrin.gif

Anyway I am veri excited abt meeting my BB in ard Sep....Heehee...

funny, his delivery charge is $1.3k. even my client who works in tmc told me his charges is reasonable mah
happy.gif

bbjan, hows bb shower today? hope ur bb is getting better...

<font color="119911">babyjan</font>,

How is yr bb rashes? Did you brind back to c the doc?

Re: Punggol Forum

I went to the Punggol Forum, there are so many article thats really makes me laugh. Things that I use to tell my hubby are there too.
lol.gif
lol.gif

Hello all

HAd my babyshower yesterday. Everything turns out well. I went on TBF for two days and bb's rashes subsided quite abit. The red red patches on the body all faded, left only a few pimples on the face. Nobody knows she got rashes until we told them.

I Was so tired after the event, so didnt wake up to pump last nite. This morning gave her the soy based FM. Hope she is not allergy to that.

Zenn, u are holding ur baby shower this fri hor. I ordered too much food yesterday and quite a lot were left over. Some relatives ta bao home but still left a lot...very wasteful. Lesson learnt - dun order too much. We scared not enuff food so order 75 pax for 80 pple.

Dr woo charged $1.3k for delivery... normal delivery? Mine was assisted wif forcep, and the bill showed doc's fee was $1475.

How much u pay for ur hospital bill huh...can share?

Hi Zenn,

So the anenatal package($840) + delivery package($1300) = $2140 (total) for normal delivery?

Do any of u pop extra supplements like calcium pills & fish oils except folic acids for 1st trimester? Izzit neccassary? Thks!

Funny76

For myself, 1st trimester only folic acid. 2nd trimester started calcium pills, fish oil and multi vitamin all the way till delivery.

If u are taking milk (those anmum milk powder) twice a day, u should have the required calcium intake so can dun take the calcium pills at all.

good morning!

<font color="ff6000">bbjan</font>, glad to know that ur gal is getting better. ya mine is normal delivery @ tmc (single). total bill $4.3k and $2.6k cash. cannot separate bill cos they kena warning letter
sad.gif
how abt urs?

ya this fri. having 60 guests but will order 50. should b enough rite?

<font color="119911">funny</font>, the package comes wif vit & calcium i bought fish oil too.

My total bill $3.1K for 4-bedder. I was upgraded to 2-bedder(wif no neighbour). Cash $1K.

Yah..should be enuff. Some guests just touched and go, so dun really eat much.

Am bringing my gal back to PD for review again tmlo..see whether need to do prick test to see exactly wat she is allergy to.

Hi, I'm MTB in Oct. Currently seeing the gynae at Blk 106/8....heard that she encourage induce..is it true ?....any mummies here seen her during pregnancy?

bbjan, i believed urs separate bill for urself n bb rite? cos my gf who delivered 1 day after me for 4beded paid $1.5k cash

Hi gals,

I am so kan cheong when knowing abt my pregnancy, heard fr ppl must take tis n take tat so I oredi bought those Omega n calcium liao.... waste of $$$...If I know the doc wld give mi I couldn't buy them liao... luckily I did nt buy any mutivitatmins.... Juz recently bought fish oils for pregnancy mum....

Aiyo.... eat those supplements every morning until I scare....

Hi Jovial,

Congrats! I heard fr one of my frends tat used to visit the gynae at blk 106 told mi tat she is nt veri gd... heard nt pro enough.... after birth she feel the womb pain or watever....Heard she encourage caesarean So when I am preggy, I did nt go n c her loh...

i'd been seeing her since late 2004 since TTC. did larposcopy then and my wound is small and heals well..in 2005 had ectopic pregnancy but recovers well....guess will stay with her since she knows my history.

Jovial, my gf delivered by her n is happy wif her. but think her charges not cheap.

funny, remember not to take mulit vit n calcium pill at the same time. best is take one in morn n another one at nite
happy.gif

yes, vitamin c will help in the absorption of calcium.

calcium and iron pills cannot take together. Multi v has iron content so zenn is rite tat multi v and calcium must take separately...best 3-4 hrs apart.

<font color="119911">Zenn</font>, I am lazy to take anymore tablets. Too much of tablets in my stomach aridi!

If you still somemore do let me nod, I can pass them to you. Don't want them to go wasted.

Congrats <font color="119911">Jovial</font>- U R going to be a mummy soon!

Thks Zenn, babyjan n everybody! Okie I will remember tat... Any doubts, I will ask u all again cos u all oredi hav the experience liao... while I am still new.....

Hi all the mummies n MTBs at punggol,

Happy V Day! Hope u all will hav a romantic time wif hubby n BB at Punggol....

Back