Any Mother to be in Yew Tee or CCK Area ?

Hi Elaine & wivi, Congrats to you!!!!
Is this your first time to be mum? This is my first pregnancy and I am thinking whether to natural birth or c-section? Have you gals decide on that???

Hi Elaine & wivi, Congrats to you!!!!
Is this your first time to be mum? This is my first pregnancy and I am thinking whether to natural birth or c-section? Have you gals decide on that???

hi ^ 5, this is my #2. havent decide yet, shall see what my gyne says.:)

good morning mummies!

looks like we can arrange a mini gathering session:)

how about we list down the gyne we are seeing and which hospital we are delivering.

wivi789 - Dr Adrian, TMC

HI Wivi my gynae is Dr Adrain Woodworth, TMC, isit the same as U? Recently I read a lot of negative review of the nurses in TMC... Hence perhaps I will change to Mount Alvernia hospital. Wonder whether Dr Adrain will deliver there.. Will check with him on my next visit.

HI Wivi my gynae is Dr Adrain Woodworth, TMC, isit the same as U? Recently I read a lot of negative review of the nurses in TMC... Hence perhaps I will change to Mount Alvernia hospital. Wonder whether Dr Adrain will deliver there.. Will check with him on my next visit.

huh bad reviews on tmc nurses...where u hear from? mine is Dr Adrian Tan...i dun think he delivers in Mt A, as his clinic in TMC, more convenient for the doctor. what do u think?

I saw from some of the forum and I think in motherhood too. For my gynae, he can deliver in other hospital beside TMC, but need additional charge. Not sure how much got to check with him when c him on my next visit. Guess you need to check with your gynae about it.
Anybody to share on TMC childbirth experience here? Thanks

Happy CNY to all YT and CCK mums to be!!!

cshkat08, my #1 is born in TMC and overall service is good!!! not sure why recently got bad reviews.....

I saw from some of the forum and I think in motherhood too. For my gynae, he can deliver in other hospital beside TMC, but need additional charge. Not sure how much got to check with him when c him on my next visit. Guess you need to check with your gynae about it.
Anybody to share on TMC childbirth experience here? Thanks

haha TMC standard drop sia!!!

Hello Mummies,

I stay in CCK South View Area, I'm having my no. 3 (boy) due in mid Apr. Intend to give birth in Mt A.
I am with Dr Wee HY, Novena Medical Ctr. :)

Ya, heard some recent bad experiences at TMC... dun intend to consider there at all.

I intend to go for natural vaginal birth, without epidural if possible.
Both my boys before this was natural delivery, 1st one without epidural, 2nd one with epidural as I was too tired to last through. Did not like the side effects of epidural. So if possible, I would opt for without.

hello all
Mt A rate is lower then TMC too.. I will go for the maternity hospital tour and sign up for their childbirth course.

Hi MSFY, may I know how's the feeling like after you taken the epidural for your 2nd birth? Is it pain effective and will the epidural last all the way till you deliver your baby? Thanks!

Hello! I am from cck crescent, expecting no.3 beginning May. I am with Lawrence Ang whom delivers at Mt A or TMC.

Originally I wanted to deliver at MT A as been hearing good reviews plus slightly cheaper but as they do not allow Ligation procedure to be done there, I'm left with TMC as my choice.

My Edd is 15th May but will be undergoing c-sec probably on 2nd May... Still deciding.
Expecting a boy this time. First was boy, second girl and now another boy ;)

Hi MSFY, may I know how's the feeling like after you taken the epidural for your 2nd birth? Is it pain effective and will the epidural last all the way till you deliver your baby? Thanks!

After epidural was given - I felt that I was feeling very cold, my whole body was itchy, like many ants biting me. I cannot feel anything below my body where injection was given at the spine. ie. my waist down body has no feelings.

It's most effective to relieve pain as it basically knocks you out, dun feel any pains (you will feel very sleepy & drowsy and just fall asleep)... they will decrease dosage when dilation & contraction shows that it is almost ready for the final pushes.

Immediately after giving birth, I felt rather drowsy and sleepy - cannot really stay focus at all.
A silly nurse still gave me a feedback form to fill about hospital at the labour ward itself while I was recovering!?! (so you know what I would have written lah) The effect of it lasted for quite a while... cannot remember how long though, as everything is kinda blur.

Positive side is that I & hubby get to rest when the epidural was given (as my dilation for baby no.2 took really long and baby was pressing on my bladder for really long & hard too) and have strength to have the final pushes. (It was too late to take the leg injection then for us)

Depending on the time epidural is given, if within 4 hours that it is given to the baby's birth, its effects might pass on to the baby as well.

Also - epidural injection is at the mummy's spine - so 1) mummy has to stay very very still when injection is given when lying on the side. (can be tricky as you are having labour contraction pains still)
2) we pray really hard that the place the dr inject is accurate and correct - as any amiss can have other -ve side effects too.

I had leg injection for pain relief for the 1st child - it was not able to remove all the pains, maybe 20-30%? (pain threshold can be subjective as well lah) but I was able to recover from the effect of the injection much faster I think.

hope the above experience sharing helps!

There is a book called supernatural childbirth - it's a christian book, but really wonderful for mummies who are keen to believe God for a painless child birth. if you are keen can read up! :)
Supernatural-Childbirth.jpeg

Chanced upon this thread and was surprised to find a few mum-to be at YT/CCK areas :)

Wonder are you ladies young mummies or ? Coz i auntie here dun wanna end up to be an odd one out.... hahaha..... :p

hello all
Mt A rate is lower then TMC too.. I will go for the maternity hospital tour and sign up for their childbirth course.

u mean the delivery charges rate is lower than TMC?

Chanced upon this thread and was surprised to find a few mum-to be at YT/CCK areas :)

Wonder are you ladies young mummies or ? Coz i auntie here dun wanna end up to be an odd one out.... hahaha..... :p

is 34 and having #2 consider young or....... hahaaaa!!!!

Wivi789, last year, MtA was slightly cheaper.. $100 plus if not wrong, but I saw in another thread that they had increase their rates for 2014.... So i think they should be about the same, or slighltly more now (if TMC rates remain unchanged)

hihi, welcome Bbliss....

Why did you consider yourself an auntie?

Is there an official age cut off for "auntie-ness" ahahaha? definition of auntie-ness can be varied hor? ;D

My hubby said he has became uncle-ish when he became a dad 4 years already...as in, he will be more number-conscious when he buys things :p

im 35 and having no.3 in mid-apr. stay in South View LRT area. Intends to give birth in Mt A.

Alvernia ladies card holders gets discount for maternity package and other consultations (PD consultations after baby discharges), etc too. So Im intending to apply for this later on ($68 for 2 years, but if stay in single room, gets $100 off for maternity package, $80 off for 2-bedder).

Hi I think I consider old liao......!!! already 36 this year, first baby.
Mt A rate had increased this year but still lower than TMC.

Does Alvernia ladies card gets room discount for 4-bedder?

Hi I think I consider old liao......!!! already 36 this year, first baby.
Mt A rate had increased this year but still lower than TMC.

Does Alvernia ladies card gets room discount for 4-bedder?
Think 30-38 like becoming the norm age for ladies to start having children these days. Gone are the days when we procreate in out early twenties :p

ya... my sis in law gave birth to their first child at 40. so cshkat08 - you are not that old yet...

if there's any other way i can help, it would be a few recommendations
auntie choo as a confinement nanny
nuby pacifier is good
mamypoko diapers
delphin vacuum cleaners
4moms stroller.. forgot the name.. it's like a transformer.. opens up with a press of a button

Haha.... MSFY, to me, the definition of auntie is when one stepped into the age starting with 3X... :)

Wivi & autumnleaf, i am in bet the ages of u 2 ladies... hahaha... and staying in YT area too :)

Haha.... MSFY, to me, the definition of auntie is when one stepped into the age starting with 3X... :)

Wivi & autumnleaf, i am in bet the ages of u 2 ladies... hahaha... and staying in YT area too :)

good good we can arrange a meet up before we POP!!

wivi, when are u ladies popping ? Since most of us stay so near to one another, the idea of meetup is quite gd...

who noes we actually pass by one another whenn we go to yew tee point or lot 1.... haha... :)

wivi, when are u ladies popping ? Since most of us stay so near to one another, the idea of meetup is quite gd...

who noes we actually pass by one another whenn we go to yew tee point or lot 1.... haha... :)

haha thats true.

my edd end sept/early oct 2014:)

I am due mid may, but will be having c-section between 27th April - 5th may. Still deciding which date is suitable for us.

wow... to summarise: we seem to have more Yew Tee mummies than CCK ones.
Maybe we can meet up near YT lah. Unless you all want to have a change of location and meet at Lot 1?

YT:
cshkat08 (Jun)
ourlittlepony (Sep)
Dion83sg (Apr)
Autumnleaf (Apr/May)
Eliset (Jun)
wivi789 (Sep/Oct)
Bbliss (?)

CCK:
MSFY (late Mar/Apr)

Unsure?
Elaine (Jun)

If you all have watsapp or something, why not u message me ur hp no. in private, we can set up a group chat, discuss the meet up date over whatsapp, it may be easier? cos not all of us check forum frequently.

Last edited:
wow... to summarise: we seem to have more Yew Tee mummies than CCK ones.
Maybe we can meet up near YT lah. Unless you all want to have a change of location and meet at Lot 1?

YT:
cshkat08 (Jun)
ourlittlepony (Sep)
Dion83sg (Apr)
Autumnleaf (Apr/May)
Eliset (Jun)
wivi789 (Sep/Oct)
Bbliss (?)

CCK:
MSFY (late Mar/Apr)

Looks like i am the last one to pop whahaha!!!!!

Unsure?
Elaine (Jun)

If you all have watsapp or something, why not u message me ur hp no. in private, we can set up a group chat, discuss the meet up date over whatsapp, it may be easier? cos not all of us check forum frequently.

Wivi789,

Going for c-section as my previous 2 were also c-sec. My first was an emergency c-section so no.2 just went straight for c-sec and now no choice.

Back