Any mommies still breastfeed while pregnant?

addey

im 4 month pregnant now. cant seems to wean my 18mth old son off BM.
He needs to latch before he sleep. Any advise??? is it okie to continue bf while pregnant? thanks!

Hi,

I am now 2-mths pregnant with #2 and is currently still BF my #1 who is close to 4-years old.
I did check with gynae and lactation consultant, they advises me to stop if I feel uncomfortable and bad contraction.
BF can causes contraction which will give u false alarm that u are in labour. Other than that is the nutrients which u need to take extra notice, u not eating for 2 but 3.

For my case, I never stop BF yet!
Just cut down on the frequency, now just morning and night feed. Got to monitor!

But many friends told me that they will wean off automatically coz as the pregnancy progress, the taste and quality of milk changes. Will become more dilute like colostrum which try will reject.

hi,

i was bf my son 3 times a day when i got pregnant with #2. Doc advise to stop or cut down during 1st trim. However, i felt it was heartless to stop so cut down to only night feed (latch-on). Also heard that boy will wean off cos of the funny taste in milk.

during 2nd trim, doc gave the go ahead to continue bf as baby was stable. so i continued to bf my boy til birth of my #2.

Now, my #2 gal is 4 months. Both of them are enjoying my bf. At night, latch on both to sleep on differen sides!

boy still happily latch on for bf. he says after meimei is born, the milk is nicer, cos sweeter.
happy.gif

i wil continue to latch boy until he stops wanting it. he just turned 3 last week.
happy.gif

My boy is too.stubborn to.stop
Im.experiencing discomfort. Sore nipples...
But guess.ill just endure..

I am 7 months pregnant and am bfing my boy who is 2 yrs and 9 mths. He latches 2-3 times only now, so I let nature takes its own course
happy.gif

thanks for all the advices. Anyway i finally wean off. Cuz he kept biting me. till bleed. cannot take it anymore. haha.

Back