Any Mommies in mid-late 30s or over 40 with small children?

tam
Need some advice re maid.
My maid wl be finishing her contract soon.

How many weeks of leave is she entitled or is it mutually agreeable? (eg 2 or 3 weeks?)
She has indicated she will continue working for us, how much increment shud we give her?
Is $50 acceptable or too much?
She is a good maid.

tam
Need some advice re maid.
My maid wl be finishing her contract soon.

How many weeks of leave is she entitled or is it mutually agreeable? (eg 2 or 3 weeks?)
She has indicated she will continue working for us, how much increment shud we give her?
Is $50 acceptable or too much?
She is a good maid.

stylo,
I also increased my maid's salary by $50 when she finished her contract last year. Then she went on 2 weeks paid leave. I gave her an angbao also. Then when Jerold is born, I gave her a raise again. I also give her 13th month salary... I think 2 weeks home leave and a $50 increment is very good lah.

stylo,
I also increased my maid's salary by $50 when she finished her contract last year. Then she went on 2 weeks paid leave. I gave her an angbao also. Then when Jerold is born, I gave her a raise again. I also give her 13th month salary... I think 2 weeks home leave and a $50 increment is very good lah.

Hi tamarind,
sound like me too, i'm the type can sleep late but can't wake up early... esp now i still need to wake up and wee hour to pump milk... even make me more tired when waking up.

Hi Stylo,
Me too , so scare of lizard and will ask my maid to catch when i see one... so scary hor...

As for maid, i oso increase my maid sal aft she rtn back fr homeleave then i increase again when she reached 2 yrs with us.. total $70 liao..

Hi tamarind,
sound like me too, i'm the type can sleep late but can't wake up early... esp now i still need to wake up and wee hour to pump milk... even make me more tired when waking up.

Hi Stylo,
Me too , so scare of lizard and will ask my maid to catch when i see one... so scary hor...

As for maid, i oso increase my maid sal aft she rtn back fr homeleave then i increase again when she reached 2 yrs with us.. total $70 liao..

singmum,
you are pumping too? how old is your bb? me too leh, except i didn't wake up wee hours to pump, i stayed up until wee hours to pump... cos i think i'm quite hooked on the internet and tv... i can last for 6-8 hours, so actually i can pump areound 12am, then sleep until 7am... but bb will wake up around 4am for milk so sometimes i stretch until 3am, feed him then sleep, only to wake up at 7am to feed him again. i really should sleep more... starting tomorrow.
happy.gif

singmum,
you are pumping too? how old is your bb? me too leh, except i didn't wake up wee hours to pump, i stayed up until wee hours to pump... cos i think i'm quite hooked on the internet and tv... i can last for 6-8 hours, so actually i can pump areound 12am, then sleep until 7am... but bb will wake up around 4am for milk so sometimes i stretch until 3am, feed him then sleep, only to wake up at 7am to feed him again. i really should sleep more... starting tomorrow.
happy.gif

Hi rona, yes i'm still pumping. My twin girls are 6mos++ now. I also stay late till 12 plus then another one at around 4am++. I'm actually cutting down my pump already onli 5 times a day. but this 2 weeks always went out for year end sale shopping end up wait till 7hrs then pump again..
sad.gif

How old is your bb, boy or girl ?

Hi rona, yes i'm still pumping. My twin girls are 6mos++ now. I also stay late till 12 plus then another one at around 4am++. I'm actually cutting down my pump already onli 5 times a day. but this 2 weeks always went out for year end sale shopping end up wait till 7hrs then pump again..
sad.gif

How old is your bb, boy or girl ?

Tamarind

my dd2's kindy hasn't start yet. Staggered starting dates so Pre-N & N children will start first.

my dd1's first day yesterday, still quite timid leh. She just stood down there, dare not place order during recess. Her buddy had to order food & drinks for her.

Tamarind

my dd2's kindy hasn't start yet. Staggered starting dates so Pre-N & N children will start first.

my dd1's first day yesterday, still quite timid leh. She just stood down there, dare not place order during recess. Her buddy had to order food & drinks for her.

rona,
The machine detects the movement of the cockroach, I don't think we can detect ants because these are too small :p

rottveg,
I used konnyaku jelly powder by HollyFarms. The agar agar strips don't work well. I bought the mould from a a shop at Jurong West ST 52
happy.gif

styloBB,
Normally the maid's home leave is 2 weeks. You can check her contract. Most people only give $10 - $20 increment. If you think that your maid is good, $50 is fine. In fact, I have given my maid $80 - $100 increment before.

I am also very scared of lizards. But I don't know how to build a machine that can climb walls to go after them :p A machine that moves around on the floor is quite easy to build.

I am OK this year because Chloe went back to her old class, same friends and same teacher. Jerome seems OK in the new environment. I think I will be very stressed next year when Chloe starts P1 !

singmum,
I used to have a maid who was more scared of cockroaches and lizards than I am ! Fortunately my current maid dare to catch.

sleepy,
Our PV job is to help kids during recess
happy.gif

Did you let your dd1 practice buying food outside before ? I tried to let my girl order food at MacDonald's, but she is too shy to do so.

rona,
The machine detects the movement of the cockroach, I don't think we can detect ants because these are too small :p

rottveg,
I used konnyaku jelly powder by HollyFarms. The agar agar strips don't work well. I bought the mould from a a shop at Jurong West ST 52
happy.gif

styloBB,
Normally the maid's home leave is 2 weeks. You can check her contract. Most people only give $10 - $20 increment. If you think that your maid is good, $50 is fine. In fact, I have given my maid $80 - $100 increment before.

I am also very scared of lizards. But I don't know how to build a machine that can climb walls to go after them :p A machine that moves around on the floor is quite easy to build.

I am OK this year because Chloe went back to her old class, same friends and same teacher. Jerome seems OK in the new environment. I think I will be very stressed next year when Chloe starts P1 !

singmum,
I used to have a maid who was more scared of cockroaches and lizards than I am ! Fortunately my current maid dare to catch.

sleepy,
Our PV job is to help kids during recess
happy.gif

Did you let your dd1 practice buying food outside before ? I tried to let my girl order food at MacDonald's, but she is too shy to do so.

Hi Mummies

rona/singmum/tam
My hb says it's more than 10% ... haha... he says we don't even get 10% increment... but I say their salary is not really a lot even if it's $400... hmm....

So can I say No to her request if she wants to go back 3 weeks? I think we cannot cope if 3 weeks..
Her contract ends in April, but if she only wants to go in June, is that acceptable?

Do we need the agent to do the paperwork re the renewal?

Will hv to talk to her soon....

sleepy/tam
We have started to train jesse... eg he wl go to the drinks stall and ask for 1 ribena, or at the mini-mart, he wl get the biscuits, queue up and pay for it. I wl tell him he shud get back some change...

tam
Eek.. don't say anymore, even if the machine traps a lizard, someone has to dispose of it and it will not be ME! haha...

Quite recently I saw a small lizard on our ceiling in our room, I quickly told my maid to catch it. As it was high up, she took the masking tape, stuck it to the pole cleaner or sth, climbed onto the table to 'stick' it, unfort. the pole and sticky mask got separated so the thing is kinda stuck to the ceiling! Eek.. so she stood up and used a cloth to remove. I mean, it was done but it was so gross for me!!!

Hi Mummies

rona/singmum/tam
My hb says it's more than 10% ... haha... he says we don't even get 10% increment... but I say their salary is not really a lot even if it's $400... hmm....

So can I say No to her request if she wants to go back 3 weeks? I think we cannot cope if 3 weeks..
Her contract ends in April, but if she only wants to go in June, is that acceptable?

Do we need the agent to do the paperwork re the renewal?

Will hv to talk to her soon....

sleepy/tam
We have started to train jesse... eg he wl go to the drinks stall and ask for 1 ribena, or at the mini-mart, he wl get the biscuits, queue up and pay for it. I wl tell him he shud get back some change...

tam
Eek.. don't say anymore, even if the machine traps a lizard, someone has to dispose of it and it will not be ME! haha...

Quite recently I saw a small lizard on our ceiling in our room, I quickly told my maid to catch it. As it was high up, she took the masking tape, stuck it to the pole cleaner or sth, climbed onto the table to 'stick' it, unfort. the pole and sticky mask got separated so the thing is kinda stuck to the ceiling! Eek.. so she stood up and used a cloth to remove. I mean, it was done but it was so gross for me!!!

Stylo,
Your's an Indonesian? If her passport is not going to be expiring soon, then you should just ask the agent to renew the contract. you can also tell her due to recession - most of the salary is frozen and that she is very lucky to get more then 10% increment. As for the leave, yes you can nego with her. i also cannot cope with 3 weeks leave. think 2 weeks max. i will prob give 3 weeks home leave if she has worked for me 4 years and generally good maid... of course by then our kids are bigger and we can cope better too.

as for lizards... I stayed in kampung houses when young. you gals prob won't want to know what we do with the lizards that we caught... ;P very gross...

Stylo,
Your's an Indonesian? If her passport is not going to be expiring soon, then you should just ask the agent to renew the contract. you can also tell her due to recession - most of the salary is frozen and that she is very lucky to get more then 10% increment. As for the leave, yes you can nego with her. i also cannot cope with 3 weeks leave. think 2 weeks max. i will prob give 3 weeks home leave if she has worked for me 4 years and generally good maid... of course by then our kids are bigger and we can cope better too.

as for lizards... I stayed in kampung houses when young. you gals prob won't want to know what we do with the lizards that we caught... ;P very gross...

Mommies,
i wanna attached a foto but don't know how to do it... the file is too big... don't know how to shrink...

Mommies,
i wanna attached a foto but don't know how to do it... the file is too big... don't know how to shrink...

rona
Tx, she is Filipino.
I'll hv to check expiry date of her passport.
I hv no qualms re the increment but I do not want her to take things for granted that it will be this amount. I mean, she is good so far and I hope her behaviour and attitude won't change. So far our working relnship is good and we are satisfied with her. Compared to those sexy maids I see ard Orchard Road, she is the motherly type who sends back her salary and does not spend frivolously.
Even though officially she gets one day off a mth, we hv been allowing her every Sun evening off to attend mass at a nearby Catholic church.
I also gve her off on Christmas, Easter and half day off on New Year's day.
We have never scolded or been mean to her.
So hopefully she appreciates that she is working for pretty ok employers.

Point taken re the 3 weeks, think I'll tell her only next renewal I'll consider the longer leave.

Urgh... don't tell me re the lizards...

You gotta shrink the size first leh... before you upload...

rona
Tx, she is Filipino.
I'll hv to check expiry date of her passport.
I hv no qualms re the increment but I do not want her to take things for granted that it will be this amount. I mean, she is good so far and I hope her behaviour and attitude won't change. So far our working relnship is good and we are satisfied with her. Compared to those sexy maids I see ard Orchard Road, she is the motherly type who sends back her salary and does not spend frivolously.
Even though officially she gets one day off a mth, we hv been allowing her every Sun evening off to attend mass at a nearby Catholic church.
I also gve her off on Christmas, Easter and half day off on New Year's day.
We have never scolded or been mean to her.
So hopefully she appreciates that she is working for pretty ok employers.

Point taken re the 3 weeks, think I'll tell her only next renewal I'll consider the longer leave.

Urgh... don't tell me re the lizards...

You gotta shrink the size first leh... before you upload...

i went to jog again this evening around 6.45pm. 3.2km and then walk 400m to cool down. a pat on my shoulder.

but happiness is short-lived. ran into trouble with my mum-in-law and now has brewed into major problem. aiyoh, she is super sensitive... anyway, i also din't give way this time and remarked on everything she said. She was very very angry and said no one answered her back before. not her parents, not her younger siblings etc etc etc ever since young. I think she is too pampered and spoiled and must win all the time or else... now Sheryl also has this kind of attitude and character, takes after her. but too bad i'm not giving way to her also. Anyway, she told me that I'm driving her to her grave early and she asked me to move out. I told her ok if that is what she wants. However, I asked her for time cos we need time to look for a place to move. and all of a sudden, she is now saying I've planned all this so that i can make her a scapegoat to throw us out, that this is my motive (to move out) all along. whatever it is, i think i have to look for a place to buy or rent and move out. Its not healthy to stay with her.

stylo,
yah, I share your sentiments too. I also hope that my maid won't take advantage of me though i also hope she is happy working for us.
hmmm, don't know how to shrink the size leh...

i went to jog again this evening around 6.45pm. 3.2km and then walk 400m to cool down. a pat on my shoulder.

but happiness is short-lived. ran into trouble with my mum-in-law and now has brewed into major problem. aiyoh, she is super sensitive... anyway, i also din't give way this time and remarked on everything she said. She was very very angry and said no one answered her back before. not her parents, not her younger siblings etc etc etc ever since young. I think she is too pampered and spoiled and must win all the time or else... now Sheryl also has this kind of attitude and character, takes after her. but too bad i'm not giving way to her also. Anyway, she told me that I'm driving her to her grave early and she asked me to move out. I told her ok if that is what she wants. However, I asked her for time cos we need time to look for a place to move. and all of a sudden, she is now saying I've planned all this so that i can make her a scapegoat to throw us out, that this is my motive (to move out) all along. whatever it is, i think i have to look for a place to buy or rent and move out. Its not healthy to stay with her.

stylo,
yah, I share your sentiments too. I also hope that my maid won't take advantage of me though i also hope she is happy working for us.
hmmm, don't know how to shrink the size leh...

Tam
I also feed my son while he is asleep at around 7-8am. This is because he will always refuse milk when he just woke up. Giving lots of excuse like he will vomit, he's full. Plus i do not have the time to wait for him to drink milk, get change for school.

Stylobb
My son N2 class only starts this wed! Cant wait to compare their standard with PAP. I got the feeling that my DS cant cope with PAP. The teacher seems to be quite fierce or shall I say firm? Last week, there were some students crying. The teacher said she will count 1-10 and they shall stop crying, if not she will not call their mummy. One student stop b4 her counting. The teacher commented that she will call his mummy. The other one kept crying, the teacher told her "I'm not going to call your mummy!". Upon hearing this, my DS start crying and ask me to leave the class. I dont know if this is the right way but I feel that its not suitable for my DS as his adaptation is very slow.

Tam
I also feed my son while he is asleep at around 7-8am. This is because he will always refuse milk when he just woke up. Giving lots of excuse like he will vomit, he's full. Plus i do not have the time to wait for him to drink milk, get change for school.

Stylobb
My son N2 class only starts this wed! Cant wait to compare their standard with PAP. I got the feeling that my DS cant cope with PAP. The teacher seems to be quite fierce or shall I say firm? Last week, there were some students crying. The teacher said she will count 1-10 and they shall stop crying, if not she will not call their mummy. One student stop b4 her counting. The teacher commented that she will call his mummy. The other one kept crying, the teacher told her "I'm not going to call your mummy!". Upon hearing this, my DS start crying and ask me to leave the class. I dont know if this is the right way but I feel that its not suitable for my DS as his adaptation is very slow.

Rona
Sorry to hear about your exchange with your mil. I understand how you feel. Remember my previous posting about my sil? you must be real angry now.

I'm very very sad and depressed. My mum was diagnosed with breast cancer and was discharged from hospital on the last day of 2008.

I dont know how to express my unhappiness with my mil. I'm very confused and angry. Upon her discharged, I had convinced my mum to stay with me as my mil does not come to my place everyday. Knowing that my mum is staying at my place, my mil came on friday. I find that situation is very awkward and embarassing. My mum is sleeping on "her" bed, sharing the room with my son. My mil sits on the sofa at living room. My mil insisted on buying a new bed at the playroom for my mum. The playroom is already so tiny. We hardly have any room for activity if a bed is there. My mum does not feel at ease at my place, like invading into my mil territory. So she left with my sis on saturday.

I do not understand why she has to come every morning since she can stay with my sil? The only reason I can find is that my sil doesnt like her to stay with her. But she can also stay with my 3rd sil though she needs to go to work but she will come bk every evening.

Im v sad that they are so insensitive to a cancer patient. To them, they are showing kindness by buying a bed for my mum. But is this what my mum wants? They never spare a thought for her feelings.

I'm very very sad. I may need to shift to my mum's place with my son if this goes on. Kind of getting separation.

Rona
Sorry to hear about your exchange with your mil. I understand how you feel. Remember my previous posting about my sil? you must be real angry now.

I'm very very sad and depressed. My mum was diagnosed with breast cancer and was discharged from hospital on the last day of 2008.

I dont know how to express my unhappiness with my mil. I'm very confused and angry. Upon her discharged, I had convinced my mum to stay with me as my mil does not come to my place everyday. Knowing that my mum is staying at my place, my mil came on friday. I find that situation is very awkward and embarassing. My mum is sleeping on "her" bed, sharing the room with my son. My mil sits on the sofa at living room. My mil insisted on buying a new bed at the playroom for my mum. The playroom is already so tiny. We hardly have any room for activity if a bed is there. My mum does not feel at ease at my place, like invading into my mil territory. So she left with my sis on saturday.

I do not understand why she has to come every morning since she can stay with my sil? The only reason I can find is that my sil doesnt like her to stay with her. But she can also stay with my 3rd sil though she needs to go to work but she will come bk every evening.

Im v sad that they are so insensitive to a cancer patient. To them, they are showing kindness by buying a bed for my mum. But is this what my mum wants? They never spare a thought for her feelings.

I'm very very sad. I may need to shift to my mum's place with my son if this goes on. Kind of getting separation.

Pantone,
Sorry to hear about your mum. You have to be strong and actively seek treatment for her. don't give up!

I think your MIL is trying to show her place to your mum. Its her son's house. Its like the 50s/60s when MIL has lots of power and they rule over the household... sad... my MIL is a graduate, think she will be better right, but she is not better, her thinking also like the MILs of the 50s or 60s...

Is there any other solutions? Is your mum seeking treatment? what stage is the cancer at now? How about your other siblings? can they chip in to help a bit too?

Pantone,
Sorry to hear about your mum. You have to be strong and actively seek treatment for her. don't give up!

I think your MIL is trying to show her place to your mum. Its her son's house. Its like the 50s/60s when MIL has lots of power and they rule over the household... sad... my MIL is a graduate, think she will be better right, but she is not better, her thinking also like the MILs of the 50s or 60s...

Is there any other solutions? Is your mum seeking treatment? what stage is the cancer at now? How about your other siblings? can they chip in to help a bit too?

halo mummies,

It's been a long while.
Hope you still remember me.

Have not been logging on for the last 1 and a half mths. my dad suffered from heart attack early Dec, edrick had not been well for the last 2 weeks too!
Mentally and physically so tired for the last couple of weeks.

Tam: I've just emailed you my address. So sorry =(

I missed chatting wif you mummies...Hope all are well?

halo mummies,

It's been a long while.
Hope you still remember me.

Have not been logging on for the last 1 and a half mths. my dad suffered from heart attack early Dec, edrick had not been well for the last 2 weeks too!
Mentally and physically so tired for the last couple of weeks.

Tam: I've just emailed you my address. So sorry =(

I missed chatting wif you mummies...Hope all are well?

Hi Mummies
Clearing my leave and yes, jesse wl go to new school tom. Think we are more gan jeong than him, my mom's worried he may puke since he has motion sickness.
Anyway our plan is once we see him off the school bus, hb/I wl drive to the school to see him arrive, and then leave after that. I think coming back, he wl hv a mini-group waiting for him..haha.
I already told him to tell the teacher to say he is going to K1 class if asked.

rona
O dear! You quarrelled w/ mil!!! Now how? More ur hb, wl he be ok, since he'll be sandwiched in btween... haiz.... not easy.... If you can shift out, then beta shift out, can avoid major problems.

pantone
Ur present flat is owned by u and hb, right? Then why she make noise? Since ur mom is sick, and there is no one to look after her, hopefully all can bear with the squeezing lah.
Not easy, recently my mom also said if she is left alone (if my dad shud go before her), she wl move to nursing home... oh dear, how can I bear to let her go nursing home? But tkfully she is healthy lah, she was just mulling her thoughts.

Hope the bus journey goes well for jesse.

edrick
Hope your dad is fine too....

Hi Mummies
Clearing my leave and yes, jesse wl go to new school tom. Think we are more gan jeong than him, my mom's worried he may puke since he has motion sickness.
Anyway our plan is once we see him off the school bus, hb/I wl drive to the school to see him arrive, and then leave after that. I think coming back, he wl hv a mini-group waiting for him..haha.
I already told him to tell the teacher to say he is going to K1 class if asked.

rona
O dear! You quarrelled w/ mil!!! Now how? More ur hb, wl he be ok, since he'll be sandwiched in btween... haiz.... not easy.... If you can shift out, then beta shift out, can avoid major problems.

pantone
Ur present flat is owned by u and hb, right? Then why she make noise? Since ur mom is sick, and there is no one to look after her, hopefully all can bear with the squeezing lah.
Not easy, recently my mom also said if she is left alone (if my dad shud go before her), she wl move to nursing home... oh dear, how can I bear to let her go nursing home? But tkfully she is healthy lah, she was just mulling her thoughts.

Hope the bus journey goes well for jesse.

edrick
Hope your dad is fine too....

rona
Well done! Keep it up re ur jogging.
I'm a bit under the weather so did not jog for the past few days. U know the feeling when the sickness is about to erupt but it hasn't?? I feel a bit like that.. hopefully I'll be ok after taking the medicine.

pantone
Sounds like so far, only tam's kid's PCF ? is a good one.
From what u describe, it does not sound like a good way to teach the kids leh... I know kids can misbehave but to scare them like that is not v good.. anyway hopefully ur boy wl enjoy the new one. Are you fetching him to school?
I gotta wake up early tom.... rather, from now onwards... hehe... if I can get back to early jogging, it shud be ok... but I don't feel well today.

Face masks: Does anyone use? I saw Neutrogena and Loreal, wanted to try leh.... hehe...

rona
Well done! Keep it up re ur jogging.
I'm a bit under the weather so did not jog for the past few days. U know the feeling when the sickness is about to erupt but it hasn't?? I feel a bit like that.. hopefully I'll be ok after taking the medicine.

pantone
Sounds like so far, only tam's kid's PCF ? is a good one.
From what u describe, it does not sound like a good way to teach the kids leh... I know kids can misbehave but to scare them like that is not v good.. anyway hopefully ur boy wl enjoy the new one. Are you fetching him to school?
I gotta wake up early tom.... rather, from now onwards... hehe... if I can get back to early jogging, it shud be ok... but I don't feel well today.

Face masks: Does anyone use? I saw Neutrogena and Loreal, wanted to try leh.... hehe...

Rona
I dont know its at which stage. We have not completed the series of tests yet. Doc says she is quite sure its cancerous and will only be doing bone test this week to see if it has spread to other parts of body. You see, shes discharge on 31 dec and still have to wait till this week to complete the test. And we can only see doc next week. Everything is wait wait wait... No treatment yet.

My other sisters cant help. One is working full time with children in childcare. Nobody at home during day time, so no use going there. My other sis mil is staying with her. So Im the best choice bcause i have a maid at home. At least anything happen she can call me.

I'm not sure of my mil purpose. But she said that she can come and take care of my mil. And she can help to take care of my son if I need to accompany my mum for check up. She even wants to come yesterday but we told her that we will not be at home. Ended up I had to bring the whole family to my mum's place yesterday.

Stylo BB
Yah loh. I think it really scare my son off. He refused to go to school yesterday. I dont know if my son can wakes up tom. So early got to be there by 8am.

Oh yes, the flat owned by my hb and me. But she paid for the reno and cash value for our first home in tpy. Initially Im not very keen on the resale flat at TPY because i feel that its overpriced and we cant afford it during that time. She tried to convince us to shift there by chipping in. So you can say that she kind of owned a litte share of my current flat.

Rona
I dont know its at which stage. We have not completed the series of tests yet. Doc says she is quite sure its cancerous and will only be doing bone test this week to see if it has spread to other parts of body. You see, shes discharge on 31 dec and still have to wait till this week to complete the test. And we can only see doc next week. Everything is wait wait wait... No treatment yet.

My other sisters cant help. One is working full time with children in childcare. Nobody at home during day time, so no use going there. My other sis mil is staying with her. So Im the best choice bcause i have a maid at home. At least anything happen she can call me.

I'm not sure of my mil purpose. But she said that she can come and take care of my mil. And she can help to take care of my son if I need to accompany my mum for check up. She even wants to come yesterday but we told her that we will not be at home. Ended up I had to bring the whole family to my mum's place yesterday.

Stylo BB
Yah loh. I think it really scare my son off. He refused to go to school yesterday. I dont know if my son can wakes up tom. So early got to be there by 8am.

Oh yes, the flat owned by my hb and me. But she paid for the reno and cash value for our first home in tpy. Initially Im not very keen on the resale flat at TPY because i feel that its overpriced and we cant afford it during that time. She tried to convince us to shift there by chipping in. So you can say that she kind of owned a litte share of my current flat.

Hi Mummies
Hving bf with hb at Rider cafe after checking jesse at his school.

pantone
Early man! jesse was blur blur and he said he was tired, then he asked me 'Am I going to school at nite?" haha.... but he is ok lah.

Where are you staying nov?
Difficult leh, when there are strings attached to the flat.
My inlaws / parents did not pay, fil loaned us some money but we hv paid him everything back. This is 6 yrs ago liao. All that we hv in the flat are paid paid by us and with our own money....

Hi Mummies
Hving bf with hb at Rider cafe after checking jesse at his school.

pantone
Early man! jesse was blur blur and he said he was tired, then he asked me 'Am I going to school at nite?" haha.... but he is ok lah.

Where are you staying nov?
Difficult leh, when there are strings attached to the flat.
My inlaws / parents did not pay, fil loaned us some money but we hv paid him everything back. This is 6 yrs ago liao. All that we hv in the flat are paid paid by us and with our own money....

edrick,
Hope your dad is better now. We are all ok with little bumps here and there. You have a good rest rejuvenite and hit back life, ok?!

MIL
Really very unhealthy staying with her. My FIL is ok, more more reasonable then her. MIL is the total controlling type and always must win, whether she is right or wrong, just win. She has this super big ego and wants attention and respect from people. She also just want to win the kids, don't care about their welfare, to her, its like trophies. She said I don't respect her, well, I guess she is almost right, cos I have already lost all my respect to her. Anyway, now she treated me as though i'm a ghost. I couldn't care less. Will look for a place to move, but I will take my time. FIL kept telling me to lay low and that no matter what, DON'T move out. But I don't think I can live with a crazy woman without losing my mind as well... Sometimes I pity my FIL for having to put up with her for so long. Actually have already told my hb that this is waiting to happen, cos we cannot tip toe around his mum all the time. We are bound to step on the landmine at some point in time and this is it. No choice lah, should have moved out with the relation is still good...

ok, enough of me and my problem.

Pantone,
I think you can try to accept your MIL's help to see if she is really sincere. Maybe she is? Let her chip in and help and whatever the case, i think it will lighten the load on you too. At the mean time, you can have more time looking after your mum if your MIL can help to look after your son. Have a talk with HB first and then approach your MIL to have a good talk with her too. See if it helps. As long as your MIL is open and supportive, I think there's is still hope that you can work this out. As for your mother, remember that for breast cancer the survival rates are very high, don't give up hope. Especially now when you need to be strong for your mum. Be positve! I've 2 aunts who had had breast cancer and survive... for decades! But of course you have to seek treatment lah... ;P

edrick,
Hope your dad is better now. We are all ok with little bumps here and there. You have a good rest rejuvenite and hit back life, ok?!

MIL
Really very unhealthy staying with her. My FIL is ok, more more reasonable then her. MIL is the total controlling type and always must win, whether she is right or wrong, just win. She has this super big ego and wants attention and respect from people. She also just want to win the kids, don't care about their welfare, to her, its like trophies. She said I don't respect her, well, I guess she is almost right, cos I have already lost all my respect to her. Anyway, now she treated me as though i'm a ghost. I couldn't care less. Will look for a place to move, but I will take my time. FIL kept telling me to lay low and that no matter what, DON'T move out. But I don't think I can live with a crazy woman without losing my mind as well... Sometimes I pity my FIL for having to put up with her for so long. Actually have already told my hb that this is waiting to happen, cos we cannot tip toe around his mum all the time. We are bound to step on the landmine at some point in time and this is it. No choice lah, should have moved out with the relation is still good...

ok, enough of me and my problem.

Pantone,
I think you can try to accept your MIL's help to see if she is really sincere. Maybe she is? Let her chip in and help and whatever the case, i think it will lighten the load on you too. At the mean time, you can have more time looking after your mum if your MIL can help to look after your son. Have a talk with HB first and then approach your MIL to have a good talk with her too. See if it helps. As long as your MIL is open and supportive, I think there's is still hope that you can work this out. As for your mother, remember that for breast cancer the survival rates are very high, don't give up hope. Especially now when you need to be strong for your mum. Be positve! I've 2 aunts who had had breast cancer and survive... for decades! But of course you have to seek treatment lah... ;P

pantone
so sorry to hear abt ur mom's illness. ya it's like that.. everything oso wait wait wait.. like a waste of time sometimes but cant be helped unless go private which will be so ex!! dont worry too much.. if early stage, will be ok one. did not read all the previous posting hence am not too sure abt ur unhappiness towards ur mil..but maybe can talk to her abt ur plan in having ur mum stay with you since she's now unwell? maybe talk with ur hb.. most impt is to have his support.

hi rona
so u are really moving out? hope everything will settle down well for you soon.

pantone
so sorry to hear abt ur mom's illness. ya it's like that.. everything oso wait wait wait.. like a waste of time sometimes but cant be helped unless go private which will be so ex!! dont worry too much.. if early stage, will be ok one. did not read all the previous posting hence am not too sure abt ur unhappiness towards ur mil..but maybe can talk to her abt ur plan in having ur mum stay with you since she's now unwell? maybe talk with ur hb.. most impt is to have his support.

hi rona
so u are really moving out? hope everything will settle down well for you soon.

stylo,
pssssttt... are you pregnant again or not? what you describe sounds like signs...

So how's little Jesse's first day? He is so funny! Where is this Rider Cafe? I was around turf city the other day and there's lots of car parking along the road just outside the horse riding school (?)... Is there some restaurant place there or are all the cars parked there to go to the riding school? cannot be right? you have any idea?

rottveg,
yes, but first must find a place. prefer to buy though. so will take some time. Thanks for your concern...
happy.gif

stylo,
pssssttt... are you pregnant again or not? what you describe sounds like signs...

So how's little Jesse's first day? He is so funny! Where is this Rider Cafe? I was around turf city the other day and there's lots of car parking along the road just outside the horse riding school (?)... Is there some restaurant place there or are all the cars parked there to go to the riding school? cannot be right? you have any idea?

rottveg,
yes, but first must find a place. prefer to buy though. so will take some time. Thanks for your concern...
happy.gif

Back