Any Mommies in mid-late 30s or over 40 with small children?

Hi Mummies

kira
Yep we drove to the Garden, it's at the NUS Law Society campus .. not at Botanic Gardens...

He hasn't done anything yet, wl let u all know when the next appt comes.

DO u know why it's so pleasant w just one going out? Cos there is no competition for him as he gets ur full attn... it's the same for my boy... at home he goes ballistic at times disturbing his sisters and he does not know how to regulate his strength when playing... wl chase T2 on the rider...
At times he wl go v active, that's when we let him expend his energy, and after a while he wl be ok..

tamarind
SO cheap ah.. I thot dentists charged ard $40-60 nowadays... this one ah.. v exp leh.. beta don't say exactly here except btween $100-200 due to my boy's problem mah... hiaz...

golden
WHat does Sym do in her spare time???

Wah u so on ah, like Harley Davidson type of group???

Fairyprincess
I feel hving a maid gives me stress... haiz... but at least mine is ok so makes my life easier...

Attending 2 kindergartens - I think my hb did that but didn't turn out super smart lah..hehe
Don't u think some kids are just born cleverer than others?
Not sure if SIN style teaching is rote learning, they become so bored cos they feel they already know and then refuse to be motivated how???

Pic of the sandy playground..

1045009.jpg

kira ko/tamarind > the rider must be fit cos need to see road condition while I behind 'relaxing'. Went mostly Malaysia, furthest was Hatyai. Now ask me sit on bike n hv my legs 45degree, sit upright for so many hrs .... old bones cant take it, unless got Goldwing to sit. Dif from Harley
1045296.jpg
cost $40k = to a car!! X X

stylo bb > Sym's free time is to watch Hi5, roam around the hse digging newpapers/magazines, open drawers, pull my blanket/pillow to mop floor - fm rm to living rm or even kitchen, etc.

Thot spore law by law, can skip grades? So in class everybody doing what their peers doing, the genius shakes leg or no need go sch since all so chicken feet? Didnt read article so dont know. Over tapping may just make him behave 'older' faster. Malaysia got one genius who cant stand the stress n high expectation ended up haywired ... think he committed suicide. Read many yrs ago, cant remember much. Only knew he kept pushing himself to reach peaks n was a mental torture to him but nowhere to release frustration/stress.

Tamarind
Yah, travelling is ex unless you backpack and work along the way.

StyloBB
Hey, the playground looks interesting. Where is it?

Golden
Only rode pillion on my uncle's bike when very young, around the housing estate. It was exhilarating; could feel the wind in my hair (even though he was really riding very slowly). Now that I'm older, I'm terrified of bikes, especially those that zoom in and out between cars. The Goldwing does look comfortable though.
happy.gif

Thanks mummies...

Going to 2 kindys....
I think that family featured in the papers is an exceptional family lah...but since their 2 older kids are doing so much, so I think its natural they will push their youngest one to do more...I would not send my kids to 2 kindys...no need to overload at this stage =)

Hi,I just realised that you can use your kid's CDA account to pay for medical services at approved institutions including dental care services and vaccinations. Not sure if you are aware...

hi Jess, I did rec the list of approved clinic & dental using CDA. Need to apply b4 using not on the spot.

Mummies, I just saw this n wonder would any of u think it is worthwhile 'investing/enrolling'.
<font color="0000ff">Kampong Ubin Resort Membership Drive</font>

The Kampung Ubin resort is now open and you can be a member of this beautiful island escapade to enjoy the many privileges laid out for members.

The resort recently opened on 18 September 2007 and memberships are now available at a very special price of $100 for 4 years (Platinium membership) and S$30 for 4 years (Gold membership), with no monthly or yearly fees. This promotion is valid untill 17 November 2007.

Platinium membership comes with:
1. a complimentary roomstay (S$180 per night for non-member)
2. S$20 food vouchers

Once in awhile go for nature/greenery is great. But as I mentioned earlier, the ferry is so X. They didnt mentioned we can get 'Islander Card' (incl in membership) like Sentosa
biggrin.gif

Well, it does offer a cheap n good idea for coming sch holiday.

Tamarind

I was telling hubby last night about that 7 years old boy. Hubby said must clear O level in a single sitting, cannot clear one paper each time (chemistry) so getting 1 O cert not recognised leh. maybe just feel shiok only lor
wink.gif

Golden

primary school education compulsory. Genius must attend primary school too

StyloBB

the playground in picture is at NUS law society? Is it anywhere near UCC? hehe, we not very familar with NUS. you have the address or landmark description? We are going NUS this Sat, maybe can pop by.

Golden
Hmmm, sounds interesting.

Cowandchick, Hippo2002
Just came back from the School Dental Service and guess what? My little boy's holes are filled!
happy.gif
Hooray for the brave little boy! No injection, no protests, no GA. Cost: $18 for two fillings. Hooray for the mummy's pocket! Treatment for elder boy also costs $18 'cos mummy asked for dental instruction, which costs $9, same price as the examination and polishing. They have a very little play area at the end of the waiting area, which my kids loved. I spoke with the young dentists and they said that yes, they handle a lot of preschoolers too. I think I'll be bringing my kids here for dental treatment in future. From next year onwards, treatment will be free for elder boy.
happy.gif

If you have time after dental treatment, you can also bring your children to Healthzone, an exhibition on body and health for children, located at the same building. Entrance fees apply.

hippo2002,
Yah I think is to feel shiok only. Or may be the boy is really interested in chemistry ? Can't imagine.

golden,
Thanks for the tip about Kampong Ubin Resort. I went to the website, looks nice. Will put in my "to-go" list.

Jesschan,
I have been bringing my kids to a clinic where I can claim from CDA. But I have not tried to claim yet.

styloBB,
Yes I think some kids are born cleverer than others. This type of kids, don't need to teach also can do very well in school. So the mummy should be very relax.
Wow your hubby study 2 kindergartens, he like it or not ? Morning one school, afternoon another school ?

golden,
You got licence to ride motorcycle ?

I think kids who achieve a lot at a very young age are not geniuses, they simply develop much faster than others. When they reach normal adult IQ, they will be stagnant and cannot go any further.

I think that a genius is someone who can create something nobody else have thought of before, or no one else was able to do before. Like find a cure of cancer.

Hippo2002
Dental instruction: teach elder son how to brush teeth. I thought it was part of the treatment but it wasn't. I think the dentists are okay with young kids. They were alright with mine and I saw about 5-6 preschoolers in the waiting area as well.

Golden, Tamarind
Is Kampong Ubin Resort the same as Ubin Lagoon Resort? Tamarind, can you share the weblink? I can't seem to find the resort... Thanks!

Golden
My colleague used to ride a BMW bike. Super big like your goldwing or the one that TP is riding. Then later, he changed to a smaller BMW bike. Look more sporty.Dont know how much it cost but must be very expensive.

Interview
I went for a job interview yesterday. This is the first time I was granted an interview in the public sector. Very surprised that nobody asked me personal qns and I was not required to fill up my particulars and family data. All interviewers were very nice. Very polite and asked professional qns. The best that I had been so far.
I went to the Guan Yin Temple to asked about chances of me getting selected. The lot : Bad. Not happy so tried again. 2nd lot : Bad. 3rd lot : medium. Sigh... No chance liao.

pantone,
I heard that Guan Yin Temple is giving opposite lots this year. So bad may mean good.
Have you asked anyone to interpret the lot (jie qian) for you ?
Last week I went to this fortune teller in a shop opposite Guan Yin Temple. She is very popular, people queue up to 5 hours to see her. She gave me some advises about how to enhance my career luck. This fortune teller is the one who said that Guan Yin temple is giving opposite lots.

Tamarind

huh, opposite lots? so far-stretched leh. Maybe that fortune teller wants more people to see her for interpretation

otherwise, layman like us just read the interpretation on the books & take it as final

hippo2002,
I don't know leh. That fortune teller doesn't have to say this to get more people. There are people waiting as early as 3am to see her. Anyway she said is for this year only.

Tamarind,
I just read from the book.
Really? I'm so happy! Which shop is it? Do you have the unit no?

My hubby is very much into feng shui. He bought something for me to enhance my interview luck. Have been keeping it in an ang pao in my bag.

The HR manager said that she will call me in 1-2 weeks time if i'm short listed. So will know soon whether your fortune teller is accurate or not. But the strange thing is I've been taking lots that tell me to be patience. A friend will help me. But this friend has yet to appear leh!

pantone,
The shop is opposite Guan Yin Temple. Just walk across to the row of shops, it's towards the left. It's a small shop you will see people sitting inside waiting for their turn. There is a sign "jie qian" in front of the shop.

You just have to tell her your birthday, she will calculate your ba zhi for you. One question is $5 only. For example, I ask about myself, my boy and my girl, talk for 45 mins, she charge $15 only. Yes she suan ming. You can ask her any questions. I saw a couple showing her a few shop addresses, ask her to help choose a good one.

Tamarind
Thanks for the weblink. I've been there before but didn't stay overnight or tried any of their facilities.
happy.gif
Quite a nice place.

Tamarind > I only got license to sit behind
biggrin.gif
= pillion

pantone > opp ley, got chance!!

btw, last 2wk rec mailer on free fengshui talk. I never go down n try so interested mummies surf their web, if happy den go c c look look
http://www.harmonyastrology.com/announcement_1.html

Normally how much angbao ($5 std?) to pay for fortune telling? I hvnt tried cos ppl tell me the more I go find my luck, the 'thinner' my luck will b. But I already unlucky so guess wont make a diff hor.

Kira ko > means u recently went ubin 'feed mosquitoes'? Tried the food?

Hi mummies
V bz day for me...looks I wl be like this till Jan... haiz...

kira
Playground at Tiong Bahru but I dont where exactly.

hippo
So long u see NUS Law Society, it's the right track... u wl see the sign.

tamarind
Haven't had chance to ask hb abt his dual lessons..hehe...

I gv up on Facebook liao, too tedious...hehe

pantone
All the best for ur interview... don't fret over it lah...

golden
Besides busying herself, is Sym relational? Do u have to watch over her all the time?

Funny qstn: Are u the type who attracts mossies? Just now hb told me the room has mossies, he and T1 kena but not me...I dun attract mossies which is good lah...

Tamarind
Think I made a mistake...I was commenting to hubby that I didn't understand why elder son's teeth were not as white and shining after polishing, as at GPA or NTUC Denticare and he said that GPA put whitening gel when polishing. So, maybe it's the gel/toothpaste that whitens the teeth and not the polishing alone.

Cowandchick, Hippo2002
Hubby is of the view that younger son fared better yesterday at School Dental Service because of my ban against all sweet stuff rather than the dentist skill. He was positively estatic and radient yesterday night, bouncing from one end to the other, after he got his after dinner treat again.

Golden
I went there 6 years ago when elder son was 6 months old. Family Day. Then, it was called Ubin Lagoon Resort. It was elder son's first trip on a bumboat and one of the few first few trips I made out of our flat after giving birth. Besides lunch, I think we didn't do anything else. No mosquitoes at the resort though. The food was not memorable but 6 years since, the management and the chef must have changed.

StyloBB
Thanks anyway. I'm not the type that attracts mossies. I have a yin body, scared of cold. The type that attract mossies usually have higher body temperature - the yang type, scared of heat.

Pantone
Hope you get the job you want.

Good morning mummies....

Tamarind
Guanyin temple gives opposite qian this year?what happen, any idea?

You are right, some kids are just so smart, no need much reminder, coaching and really is mature to do the right thing....

Exam Results
Anyone got back the kid's results already?My gal just got back her chinese paper, her weak subject among the three...Do not know I should cry or not....taught her so hard to learn a specific word and she still get it wrong....Make lots of silly mistake .....am angry with she failing to listen.....Can you imagine, xiao dong wu,(little animal) she can write xiao wu...Anyway, its a learning process for me ....sigh....

Her school is very competitive. Top score is 99 and she scored 93.Will see what happen to her next two papers tomorrow....

Stylobb > Is Sym relational? No.
Do u have to watch over her all the time? Most of the time. If I sensed she's not around my PC (trying to squeeze for a seat so she can watch you tube Hi5) den I better search for her. Most of the time she's enjoying ..... happily digging my stuff or mouthing plastic, my belts (new found joy), magazines, 'counting' the diapers, etc. Sometimes, she will climb up the TV bench (very long) n stand on top waiting for me to carry her down. She doesnt know how to get down or slowly sit down n step down ..... easy to go up, hard to come down. That's y a lot of knocking (blue black cos lost balance while trying to get down), including 2 front teeth cracked.

When I was a Sembawang kid, mossies no big deal. Noticed I attract mossies when I'm having menses. My hse got netting fm main door to windows. Still see some flying in due to negligence. Much better den few mths ago - did a re-reno so guess the paint n strong cupboard smell deters them. Roaches not afraid so r lizards ..... hate them. HB said he doesnt like such pets!!

Rainbow > 93/100? like that gd what? silly mistakes happens to DS too. Today Chinese paper so I suppose next wk all results will b out

golden,
OIC. I used to sit behind on my father's motorcycle when I was young. Quite fun.

I read about Angelman Syndrome in wikipedia:
AS individuals exhibit a profound desire for personal interaction with others

Is your girl very affectionate ?

styloBB,
I tried facebook a few times, send a gift, poke my friends, but still cannot figure out why it is so popular.

I attract mossies easily, until I have my girl, mossies like her blood better
biggrin.gif

kira,
What type of whitening gel are you using ?
My boy still using FirstTeeth toothpaste, because sometimes he will swallow the toothpaste, don't dare to let him use other types.

Rainbow,
I have no idea why leh.

Your girl is among the top students in her school ? Above 90 is very good result to me.

Hi Mummies

golden
Facial features wise ok? Cos u showed us Colin Farrell's boy and he looks fine.

Lizards - hb/I absolutely hate and are scared of them!!!! I guess the only time my hb wl raise his voice is when he spots one ard!!! Tkfully my maid is not -- I wl make her catch them... Argh....gross....
When we didn't hv a maid, we had to kill them ourselves... we end up with trembling hands/legs and palpitating hearts...

tamarind
I was telling friends I only take real flowers, not electronic flowers.. hehe

Erm..once ur boy can spit out, beta change to flouride toothpaste as FirstTeeth toothpast has none..

rainbow
Wah, 93 is v good! What else do u expect huh??
Guess u quite pek chek over her careless mistakes, is it??

styloBB

I am a magnet for mosquitoes! I am the only one who kanna in a room full of people. So weird! When I complained of mosquitoes, my friends always ask 'what mosquitoes?' and I have at least 13 bites to show them. curse & swear!
I love the invention of mosquito pad, always carry 1 with me
biggrin.gif

Kira

I am Yin too leh, very scared of cold. I wear jacket even in shopping centers otherwise I will start sneezing & get a running nose. I cannot even tolerate fan blowing in my direction. Hubby says very difficult to share room with me because he is the sweaty type.

My new house no aircon because I never turn aircon on in my previous house so we decided not to waste money to install in new house. Don't know why mosquitoes love me

Rainbow

yeah, can understand your frustration. Careless mistakes so heartpained. I saw the notice board in the school. 1st girl in primary one 299/300 gosh! must get full mark for all 3 subjects & can only afford 1 minor careless mistake

Tamarind
I meant that the dentist used whitening gel/toothpaste when polishing. Yah, I'm also using first teeth for the younger kid. My elder one started using the fluoride ones for children but the dentist at School Dental Service was saying that perhaps I put too much 'cos the teeth seem to have enamel fluorisis (see http://www.aapd.org/publications/brochures/content/fluorosis.html). The right amount should be green bean size, not green pea size.

StyloBB
Yah, really dislike lizards, ants and cockroaches too. But, we try not to kill the lizards. Get my hubby to catch it and release it somewhere far, far away. Once he accidentally squashed it trying to catch it. So gross! No mercy for cockroaches though...don't want an infested kitchen, so must be hardless about it.

Hippo2002
That was just my own theory. Hehee. Looks like this theory isn't water tight.
happy.gif

Rainbow
Agree with StyloBB and Tamarind, thought 93 is quite good...
happy.gif

Dead baby at Havelock
So sad...so many people trying so hard to conceive and yet some babies still die in Singapore.
sad.gif

Rainbow

Wah, 93/100 still not good enuf ah? I'll be jumping for joy already. Never get to see such things wif my girl lah. Give up on pek chek-ness already. I used to be so pek chek, my whole life was ruined. Now I tell myself, "it's all in the genes" (blame it on my hb) Actually me lah. Last time my report book also 'man jiang hong' one!

My girl got one last paper, science, tomorrow. I'm relaxing already. She's donno doing what now! Boh chap liao lah. Until now if still don't know, then also no point cramming.

Creepy crawlies

Kids have higher body temperature, so tendency to attract mozzies. I velly cold-blooded (that's what hb says), so usually quite free from bites! But of course, I got 'protection' lah!

I use pandan leaves to keep out cockroaches. The only plant I have in my house. Err.. got other plants, but they're not mine - belong to hb. His plants no use one, not like mine, can use to cook, and keep cockroaches away!

In another thread, I recommended using empty egg-shells to keep lizards off kitchen table top. Hah Hah, coz now lizzies go everywhere else in my house! This was recommended to me by my part-time housekeeper. It really works. But like I said, now I have lizzies running elsewhere lor!

Golden
Don't mind, I help you answer Tamarind and StyloBB question: IS Sym affectionate? Facial features wise?
=> Sym is a lovely girl. Just like Colin Farrel's boy, she looks fine - cheerful and sweet!

Sorry I kay poh, but I can't forget Sym's look - such a sweet girl!

Tamarind, Kira

Where to get 'First Teeth' toothpaste?
so far I didn't let my kids use any toothpaste. Just brush with toothbrush

Hippo ,tam,kira, golden,stylobb,cnc

Thanks for reading my pek cheness....

Tam
I know she could be the top 10 percent, but not sure will hit top 3 or not. Just now, bump into her form teacher while waiting in the q to a restaurant...so , I try to sound her out, how did my gal do for the other two subject. She said cannot remember for eng but math, she did well, and its in band 1...wonder what is her band 1....

I guess all kids are capable in doing well, its just whether they are careful or not. I told my gal I want to see her open her eyes and ears first before open her mouth...basically she is very vocal....

Oh yes, their school Eng paper, has another 50 marks, that is meant for creative writing, oral , and show and tale....

Honestly, now, I finally understand or understood what is meant by in the popular school....parents are so competitive too....

hippo
I almost hardly get bitten by mozzies...

kira
Eek...squashed lizard... I wl faint!

Watched the news just now... thinking of those mummies who wud love a bb and here, ppl are disposing of them.. horrible

hippo
First Teeth tpaste... Don't bother to buy here, it's v exp here... I bot online...
But once kids hit 2yrs + and can spit out the water, can buy the Darlie cheapo types...

StyloBB
Please share where you buy on-line from.
happy.gif
Thought $8+ was cheap 'cos have been buying from the pharmacies at $13+ for years! Hubby keeps teasing that I must be buying imitation toothpaste from China.

StyloBB
Okay, thanks. $20?! No lah, most mummies sell $8+, postage inclusive, at the WTB threads. I bought 2 (older version) from there.
happy.gif

hi C&C > tks for replying on Sym.
The egg shell is raw or cooked? just wash right? The lizards seasoned liao ley or may b I shld put more. They come in from outside cos 1st floor mah.

tamarind > <font size="-2">AS individuals exhibit a profound desire for personal interaction with others. Is your girl very affectionate ? </font>

Sometimes, she can be too friendly. Even strangers on train also want to 'disturb'/befriend. U know some ppl dont like.

Sym enjoys being centre of attention. If she likes u, she'll come near u for a head t head touch or hold yr hands/fiingers.

Just killed a centipede 2hrs ago - nobody to help get rid of that eerie thing. Was trying to shower, took my shower foam (aroused that 5-6cm long creepy thing) n it started crawling upwards .... bang my shampoo on it but it 'dropped (so scary, lucky didnt touch me, still frighten) on the floor n 'swim' - lucky killed it with my shivering fingers n 'broken dan'. Not 1st time kill but every time see it appear, panic! Was talking about mozzies in the thread n in my heart was thinking heng lately no eerie centipedes to give me heart attack .... see lah, never touch wood! So ling, how come toto never strike?

Dead baby at Havelock - so poor thing. That's y say 'upstairs' unfair/blinded. Normal bb dont give me, gave to others who doesnt treasure or torture them.

Golden
My two boys like head t head touch too! They call it "two heady" and burst into laughter... Scary, hor...centipede. Your description fits my panic whenever I see a cockroach...

Hi Mummies

kira
I saw it retailing at Kiddypalace at that price leh... I rembr I stared at the price for stime...

golden
So in a way gotta be more careful when outside with Sym...cos ppl may not be so friendly...

Centipede???!!!

Just read the news... not much is known but how can they do that.... haiz...

Golden

After you crack your egg, wash the egg shell gently (without soap) and leave to dry. Put a few in container and leave it where you don't want lizards.

I leave them on my kitchen counter coz that's where I put my food mah. Guess the lizards must have migrated to the rest of my house lor. But kitchen counter really free of lizards!

Indoor playgrounds
Finally, brought my kids to Go-Go Bambini. The playscape is about the same size as Kids Adventure's. And, my children love it as much. I like the pictures in the playscape that aid the imagination e.g. crocodiles and snakes, and revolving doors. They make the play more fun for the kids. I like the next-door cafe and the many reading materials (Times was great) to keep parents entertained. In Kids' Adventure, you have to bring your own. Here I was not bored at all. I also like the hand sanitiser...I wished someone had alerted me to it before my children started playing. Another difference is that care-givers are allowed to go into the playscape, and children are allowed to climb slides. These are no-nos at Kids' Adventure, so I didn't bring socks and stayed out. My children said they just called down the slide to make sure nobody was climbing up before they slide down. The food's nice. We tried the sandwiches, which came with the fries, and home-made carrot cake. The toilets are bright, spacious and clean. It was a very pleasant outing. Jessica, if you are reading this, thank you for your voucher. We had a great time.
happy.gif

stylobb > ya, got to watch her itchy fingers n legs + get ready to say sorry. Many ppl not happy to rec her friendly touch, even not wearing shoes also unhappy look.

Yes, centipede = wu gong!
That's the problem of staying in 'landed property' ie HDB ground floor

C&C > Like that I got lots of egg shells to gather cos they come fm the windows. I normally fried or do scramble egg ....... must find a day to do braised egg (10 hard boil shell still too little ley) or build rapport so can ask coffeeshop (Yong taufu or Longtong store) to give me ....... err like that call cheapo not? Today got ppl call me cheapo, so sad n hurt.

Golden
Yah, after becoming a SAHM, I've also started counting my pennies and have become increasingly cheapo...But, with no income of my own, its hard to be as generous as I used to. I don't know the context...but don't let people's criticism get into you. You are who you choose to be.

Sad story
Yesterday in The Times there was this really sad article. A 38 year old mother killed her disabled 18 year old daughter and herself by drousing her car with oil and setting it on fire. The cause? Her daughter was heckled by ruffian teenagers everyday outside her home and the mother just couldn't take it anymore. And, her daughter was really sweet. She'd just stand at her window everyday to wave at people outside. The stressed mother called the police three weeks ago to complain but the police took no action. Really sad.

Golden
What happen?who call you cheapo...I think that person is terrible...Just ignore her.

C & C
I think your method to get rid of the lizard is an interesting and useful one...

Kira
Ya, indeed , was sad to read about the story too...

Tam
Do you know why quan yin gives reverse qian this year?thanks

golden,
OIC. Sym is really sweet
happy.gif

kira,
That is really sad. I didn't see the article. This happened in Singapore ?

OIC the dentist used whitening gel/toothpaste. I am going to bring them to see the dentist tomorrow, hope their teeth are OK.

styloBB,
I hope to change to flouride toothpaste too. FirstTeeth is expensive even at $8. My girl now 4 years old still using it. She refused to use other type of toothpaste.

Rainbow,
Yes popular school means students have to be pushed to work very hard :p Parents also must be very hardworking.

But sometimes kids make mistakes during exams due to many reasons. I remember there was once I got panick attack when taking maths paper, my strongest subject. I couldn't think at all even though I have studied hard. In the end I only got 70+ marks, very sad. My mother didn't punish me or scold me, she was just surprised since my other subjects were OK.

I also don't know why qians are reversed in Guan Yin temple, I only heard about it :p

lizards,cockroaches
I hate them ! My house have cockroaches once in a while, I will ask my hubby to get rid them. Is this a HDB thing ? Private condo got cockroaches or not ?

Tamarind
It happened in Leicester, Britain.

Myanmar
Just saw a picture of a sprawling house of an army general in Today. Gosh, how can anyone with a heart govern this way? The people are living in poverty and the generals live it up!

kira,
OIC. So sad. I hope those teenagers will be haunted by their remorse for the rest of their life.

Myanmar
Those army generals do not have a heart or soul. I feel very sad for those monks, I wonder how many have been killed. I think the people really have to unite to overthrow the government.

Actually we should feel lucky to be born in Singapore. There is a family from Myanmar living on the same level as my flat. I think they feel lucky to be in Singapore too.

Tam

Condo also has got cockroaches too....it climbed from the rubbish area.

For landed, also has got cockroaches.and the only way is to keep the place really clean .

True,popular school works kids and parents very hard. My gal told me her top student in class did not score highest in Eng and go back , back side has to be cane. For math, the number two boy says mummy will beat him when he scored 49/50 for it.

For the number three gal, she did not do well and she will go and ask others who did well, "do you pity me"...I find it strange for a kid to speak this way at this age and I think its not very healthy....

Tamarind
The same article said that as the news spread, neighbours saw teenagers prancing about in their (the victims') garden... It's really scary when you read about such people with totally no conscience.
sad.gif

Rainbow
I'm so appalled! To be caned and beaten for not scoring the highest or 49/50 in primary school? What's the point? The road ahead is so long...this is so devestating to their self-esteem. It's not like if they score full marks in primary school, they'll definitely do well in life. On the contrary, learning and school become more torturous for them.

Back