Any Mommies in mid-late 30s or over 40 with small children?

Kira

you are so modest. Why do you think you have so many shortcomings as a wife?
how do you perceive a good wife?

cowandchick

yeah lor, it's a new era now. I remember an article in Straits Times some time back about straying wives. I think 25% if I remember correctly. Men are still the bigger majority in affairs though

kids' perspective of parents relationship

when I asked my kids why mommy loves daddy? they replied 'because daddy gives you all his money & makes coffee for you, listens to you, didn't argue & talk back'

Faint! what kind of answer is that? I think they modelled their answers after me. I always tell my kids love mommy means listen to me, don't argue & talk back
lol.gif

when I asked them why daddy loves mommy? '.........' they are speechless. Gosh!!! maybe that's an indication I should improve as a wife since my kids cannot find reasons why their daddy loves me. On the flip side, hubby is not communicating to our kids why he loves me. Told him to repeat more often to them

have you ever asked your kids such questions? how do they see your relationship with their daddy?

hippo
Never ask a kid nearing puberty what they think of relationships, esp between their mum and dad!

But my girl used to tell me I yell a lot at daddy! I guess i do, but what to do, that dumb block, kinda thick up there leh! Now, I just keep my mouth shut!

Actually, for SAHMs especially, kids see us day-in and day-out. They see us nag and complain. But when they see their daddy, it's always someone smiling and playing with them. Can you blame them for having such a skewed idea of their mums and dads? Let the dad stay home for once, and we'll be like angels to them too!

cowandchick

Why 'never ask a kid nearing puberty what they think of relationships, esp between their mum and dad!' ?

will kanna 'tough' questioning from them? or trigger them to start a relationship?

Hippo2002
That's so funny.
happy.gif

I'm not being modest...I really have a lot of shortcomings. I'm very irregular. I'm not really good at cleaning and keeping the house tidy 'cos we had a cleaner to clean the house when young. So, I didn't build up good habits tidying up after myself. Except for home economics lessons, I didn't cook until I met a good friend whose mom is a wonderful cook and inspired me to TRY to be like her. I've really, really a lot to improve on. This is one BIG reason why we are not staying with in-laws at the moment...I'll be such a headache and root of many, many battles! My MIL is a very neat person and my PIL is a very regular person. The long term goal is for me to improve my housekeeping, regularity etc. so that we can eventually together live in harmony. FTWMs, please excuse my very traditional perception of a wife 'cos I'm not working and cannot boast of a huge salary to make my parents/in-laws proud or to enable them to live comfortably. But, having been brought up by a maid, I didn't want the same for my kids...so, here I am walking on the path that I have chosen and I should therefore, endeavour to do it well.

Kira

wow, so high expectation of yourself!

I realized long long ago I am not very capable in doing housework & never attempt to do everything. Wrong skill set, I am much better at work. No choice, hubby & kids have to help.

I am good in tidying up the house though, pack nice nice neat neat. Do laundry. That's about it. Oh, my latest addition, cooking. I have a total of 5 dishes in my menu. Mon to Fri. Start over again. I think hubby is waiting for me to give up & cater again. Not granting his wish yet
wink.gif

I admire your willingness to stay with your ILs. Most DILs consider this as their last option. Why do you choose to live with them eventually?

Hippo2002
No lah, not high expectations lah...my current standard is low...that's all. :p I'll be happy to be half as capable as Preciousgem.
happy.gif

I'm really not noble at all. I have probably given my in-laws their fair share of DIL grief but hubby is the only child so at the end, it'll be our duty to take care of them. That's why I dare not have them around too much lest I sour the relationship and find it hard to shoulder this responsibility in the end. How to care for someone if they are on bad terms with you? Fortunately, my parents still have my brother. Will of course try to help out there if I can as well.

Don't worry about having a small menu.
happy.gif
Everyone has to start off from somewhere. My cooking mentor (my friend's mother) also said that she started off not knowing how to cook. And, she is now an excellent cook.
happy.gif

Hippo

You are so good in guessing...Yes, she is from TN school.

Mcdonald party
Yap, I have just done my gal eight year old birthday party with them , venue is my house.For adults, I cater from a caterer, more like a high tea reception and bbq as well....She had a great time though she was running a fever.

Jess chan
Congrats for the good results.My gal is super roundy...cannot sit still and keep quiet....

My gal just got back her report book today and she is 3rd in class.Next year will be very stressful cos the top three will be stream in the same class next year.

Kira
Agreed, everyone has to start off from somewhere. Am not a good cook too but when the family wants to eat, I just played my part to pick up the skill....

Cowandchick,
I also told my husband to get involved in our sons' school work whenever he can. Otherwise, they only associate him with play on weekends. On the other hand, they see me day in day out, nagging at them at trivial things - not a very balanced view.
----------
I think that it is normal for boys to be a rowdy at play but they get a little irritating sometimes to other people and can be very embarrassing for me as a parents. It is very difficult to control them when they are noisy unless I shout at them, something which I try not to do so, especially when there are other people around. And incidentally, most of my friends' and relatives'kids are quite well behaved, making my sons look very naughty... sigh!
--------
Rainbow,
Congrats too. Your gal must be very bright to be able to get 3rd in TN school. My niece got top 3 in another school last year when she was in P1. This year, I think she didn't managed to do so and her teacher saw her crying in the toilet with another girl who was also in the same straits. How sad! Children give themselves so much stress these days.
Yeah, P3 will be another turning point because they will need to take science, write compositions and I think some schools also increase the class size in P3/4. And nowadays, their science is quite chim, not like those days....
--------
I hardly do any housework before I got married and my mum always said I very clumsy. But now she is very happy that I can take care of my family and cook simple dishes at home. I suppose when one will learn if they need to.

hippo2002, kira,
My hubby forgot to buy me birthday present most of the time, so I guess he is just making it up to me
happy.gif

kira,
The fact that you can do without a maid, already shows that you are a good wife and mother. I think my house will be a complete mess, and my kids will eat outside food everyday if I were to stay at home without a maid.

cowandchick,
Wow 16 years, that's a very long time ! Do you think that 2 person who stay together for very long, can read each other's mind ? You know like this morning when my hubby was driving me to work, I was humming a children's song in my head, didn't make any noise at all, but my hubby started singing the same song out loud ! The same type of scenario has happened more than a few times, very interesting.

hippo2002,
I would not ask my kids that question, because at this age they will not understand the type of love between a man and a woman. But I do try to explain to my girl the meaning of getting married. I asked her whether she wants to get married when she grows up, she said Yes !

Rainbow,
Congrats to your girl !

Jesschan,
Yes stress is often put upon the kids by themselves, or by their parents. Actually we should all learn not to compare with anyone at all, because there will always be people smarter, richer, luckier than we are. So long as we tried our best, then that is good enough.

hippo

Tough questioning alright, and mushy imagination. I think it's a girl thing. my sis didn't have that problem with her sons. They basically don't care!

Rainbow
Congrats to your girl too! I guess it must be stressful for a kid to want to keep up all the time. I'll never know the stress - my girl so tidak apa.

tamarind
Ya, so long already hor. No lah, can't read each other's mind. if can, he won't irritate me so much, unless ... he does it on purpose!
Anyway, I learned to keep my peace. Let him have the last word lor, if he wants. I say less, he say less, everyone happy. When he's happy, I can get more shopping money! heh heh!

kira
Don't feel bad lah. I also hopeless at housework, and cooking. Did my kids starve? No lah! I tried to be a good housewife once, and became a bad mummy. I was so stressed up and became irritable.
Now, I just take things easy. As long as can find a place to put my things can already lah! I'm happier and I don't yell at my kids so often.
My hb is quite nice, he got us a part-time maid to help out. She comes in once a week to clean up the mess! As for cooking, we get by with whatever I can come up with - not very interesting, but edible. I told them, the next person to complain will have to cook! All silence!

Tamarind

hehe, the scenario you mentioned, thinking of same thing at the same time, happen often to us. Hubby & I telepathic each other. Unfortunately we cannot control when it happens otherwise can use that during exam to score excellent grades
lol.gif

my kids look forward to getting married. They said they want to find a chubby boy darling exactly like their daddy when they grow up

Rainbow

Did the MacDonald staff entertain the kids? for how long? any extra charges for having it at home? Besides happy meals, do they provide balloons?

hehe, there is only one school near Marine parade library mah. hehe, I am very familar with the East, live here for over 2 decades. Impressive!! your girl did so well in such a famous school

JessChan
If you do well in school, your parents will feel proud and have less to worry. As a SAHM, if you manage your household well, your parents will also feel proud and have less to worry...so I must work harder so that my loved ones feel happy and worry less.
happy.gif

Tamarind
Thanks for your encouragement but, I'm not up to my own standard yet. :p Heheh, hubby and I sometime have this connection.
happy.gif
The first time we met, we were playing this game where a person draws a card with a word or a phrase and has to give his team members clues to guess what the word or phrase is. We were in the same team and we could read each other well.
happy.gif
Another friend who was there said he wasn't surprise that we ended up together 'cos he felt the sparks.
happy.gif
It isn't easy but ya, we should condition our kids and ourselves to try our best and not envy.

Cowandchick
You are so funny. Hubby and I like different dishes from my son. Sometimes when I cook something hubby and I like and my son complains, I tell him not to say grace...cannot be hypocritical to thank God for something you are obviously unhappy to receive. :p

JessChan

sometimes the kids are competitive by nature? not necessarily parental pressure. My girl had 3 stars for English & Maths & 'only' 2 stars for Chinese during mid term exam at PAP. She was upset for a whole day

Frankly speaking, I don't care about PAP grades, not important lah. I console her try harder next time lor, plenty of opportunities for more exam. Recently she had 3 stars for all 3 subjects during PAP final exam. She feels shiok again

I am concerned too. Such a perfectionist. When she starts primary school & realizes she cannot be first in everything everytime, I hope she won't be so upset to the extent of crying in the toilet

Kira

my performance evaluation is done by hubby. He is the boss mah
His only expectation is kids must do well in academic. He always tell me to prioritise.
If I am so overwhelmed by housework & cooking, I will not have any energy left to teach them

when my kids behave well, are polite & well mannered, my parents will be proud of them lor. So I leave that 'make them feel proud' thingy to my kids
lol.gif

wow so much to read and digest. I only manage to read from prev page; abt cockcroaches & lizards, kids' toothpaste, scoring in exams in primary school and of course how friendly and sweet Sym is ...
happy.gif

btw c&c, thanks for the lizard/gecko tips. I got several of them running around my flat, even on the floor!!!

btw, I think I'm a cheapo too but so what. though I don like the word, I think people like us are wise spender. Nothing wrong to get things for free if they are giving away for free, right? they r actually publicizing their product. What I don't like is some people get those free things more than they need so do not leave for others ...

I think it's smart to be thrifty, I mean it's not like I'm asking people for money right. I just spend wisely, like hippo2002, looking out for sale. And YES! I find it an achievement or accomplishment when I haul a good buy. Thrifty people are smart people who knows how to MANAGE their MONEY wisely, not throwing them unecessarily. At the same time, we r also sending positive message to our kids, not to waste money and always learn to save for rainy days.

This page; there's kids report cards, facebook, gifts exchange, unfaithful husbands ...

sorry i haven't been around. the usual lah, been busy with work, been sick, kids sick, then me sick again then kids sick again ...

indoor playground
btw, is "kids' adventure" still around? i thot the company closed down several years ago, atleast the one in bukit batok. used to take my eldest girl there, of course when she was a preschooler. where is it now?

unfaithful husbands,
actually i have a fair share of this, tho it's not a sweet little thing, it's an old flame, (yep, I use it and NOT she) which is even more dangerous than old sweet thing. It wasn't a physical thing but the calls and mushy sms, more of emotional thingy, which is even more dangerous. I brot up Divorce many a times and a couple of times I told him directly, "I DON'T WANT YOU, GET IT, CUZ I DESERVE BETTER! AND YOU DON'T DESERVE ME." and continue with "Both of you deserve each other so u both can live miserably (as he told me before she, the SLUT, were unfaithful to him on many occasions when they were together, before he met me).

Anyway, on all occassions he refused to "divorce" me even after I told him I will claim minimal child's maintenance abt $200-$300 for both chdn and for him to pay the money he owes me in installment as low as $100 p/mth but I WON'T take any action if he chooses to refuse to do both after the Divorce cuz I told him "I don't have the energy to go up & down to court". I'll just leave it to GOD Almighty & just let retribution takes its course. I said, "If you are a man with conscience that you'll do what's right and fair. But if u don't, I'll promise to tell ur kids what an irresposible and horrible father and man you are. And I'm also telling you now, that's what you are!"

Of course all those times, he always denied having feelings for that SLUT, that she keep contacting him only to ask for MONEY. The dumbest thing he did mid last year is to take a loan FOR HER using his name with a licenced moneylender (10K) and buy computer stuff amounting to 5K with Safe superstore using his name, cuz he was a civil servant then. I told him, she could buy those staff on credit with Courts, why need to go to Safe? Now she stop paying them and both moneylender and Safe r after him. I think the problem with him, is he feels obligated to her and don't know how to say NO to her and she knew that, and took advantage of it.Of course on top of that, throwing in a sob story will help even more.

Anyway, throughout our marriage, like Kira, I wasn't much of a housekeeper and cleaning after myself but 2 things I always keep in mind, with a MAN, if you take care of 2 his basic needs, he wouldn't stray. I make sure I homecooked his favourite dishes and infact try to get tips from his mom. The other things is, to always keep the bed warm, u know, his sexual needs, well also my needs. I have no restrictions. He can do whatever with me and I'll do whatever he wants me to do, infact I'm always the one who tells him what to do;) ... so it's never boring or becoming more like a routine. We make sure both of us are satisfied before we end the "session". On top of that, I make sure that the environment is set, with candle lights, essential oil, me in sexy lingerie, with perfumed body lotion even sometimes I put on make up ..... because I read somewhere long time ago, that if ur man is satisfied in bed with you, he dare not leave you ... Btw, this year is our 6th anniversay of marriage. I also give him massages and sometimes bathe/shower him, just to pamper him. I used to cut his finger and toe nails but they are so thick, that he offered to do himself now. With a man, a little pampering goes a long way. Lately, he's been more passionate when we are together, and yes you can tell by his kisses!

Other stuff, I do little things like when he's driving, like run my fingers thru his hair and give him neck massages, sometimes tease him by rubbing his ehem, crotch, but of course not with the kids around or when they both are asleep.

I read somewhr in another thread, in this forum, a wife was complaining that after doing all the housechores and taking care of the chdn during the day, she still has to "serve" her husband in bed at night. I think it is a GOOD SIGN if your hub still wants to do IT with you because if he DID NOT ask you for IT, he might be getting IT from somewhere or someone else, right?

Anyway, CONGRATS to all the mommies whose kids did well in the exams and also for surviving thru those stressfull exam fever with their kids, especially cowandchick, a standing ovation! I hope you will have a WONDERFUL time in Japan Disneyland! that's where u r going right, if I'm not mistaken.
kao_clap.gif
bounce.gif

Preciousgem
Welcome back!!! As usual, your posts always leave me with mouth agape...you are such a fantastic wife and mom. I'm not surprised that he doesn't to "divorce" you. I won't if I were him.. will cling to you tight tight. Hehee.
happy.gif
Kids Adventure is at Toa Payoh Safra Club. $5+ per entry during school hols and ph and $3+ per entry on school days.
happy.gif

Hi precious gem
Good to have you back. Was wondering what happened to you. Hope you and the kids are alright now.

No, not going Japan Disneyland. Won't be able to understand a word of their gobblidy gook! I only going HK lah. My sis and her family also going. So is my mum. It'll be like an extended family holiday. Good to have extra hands and eyes to help me with my 2 kids!

Looks like you've been through very tough times in your relationships. Forgive my asking, why hang on when you know you can manage very well without him? Please don't feel offended. I have another friend who is in a similar situation as you. Like you, she refuses to give it up too. I was just wondering how else I can help my friend when she calls me, short of telling her to leave him!

hippo

I suspect my girl got my laid back attitude from me. I didn't really care what others think of me, when it comes to results. So I guess I won't know what it is like to feel upset over a less-than-perfect score!

Thankfully tho, my girl is a lot smarter than I was at her age. Her results still better than mine leh. So, no complaints lah!

kid's score card
Saw the report card. Son's score r between 70-75/100. the lousiest is Science 65/100. I guess cant blame him cos alot questions r asked out of the book. Some insect or animals they asked I also never heard b4.

Anybody know how to get more knowledge related to Science? Any enriching website to share? Son only likes comics so I doubt he'll go read books on human body, plants, insects, etc.

housework
I'm not gd at housework. I got bad habit of taking things n den place elsewhere or just put on top on another w/o sorting. I do a month end or 2mth kind of document sorting. Will organise my cupboard once in a blue moon .... soon back to messy unorganised state. Son got my bad habit.

Years of marriage
shld be 13yrs ... I also dont remember I married which yr, think + 3yrs fm son's age. courtship till ROM cum married is 1yr only - fast hor?

kira,
ok thanks for the info. Will try to find time to take my kids there. At the moment, I'm also busy taking my driving lessons abt twice a wk and attending a course (work related) once a wk.

cowandchick,
don't worry, I'm not offended at all. First of all, I feel marriage is very sacred, not something you get rid off or give up on easily, unless there's totally no love in the relationship. With ours, there's still love, and I did ask myslef, whether I really want to salvage it, of course during the last incident, I told my hb that he is the ONE who has to slavage our marriage, NOT me. So he did try to win me over.

I think I mentioned sometime back, in this thread abt my first marriage, what a monster of a hb I had, who abused me physically, mentally/emotionally and verbally. So with my present hb, who is VERY patient and has HIGH TOLERANCE level that somethimes it's killing me, accept me for who I am and never ask me to change, even physically, even when I mentioned I want to get boobs job, he said, "Yours quite nice what, nothing wrong what, big enough for me what, I still get excited over them, ok what..." Sometimes, when he "sensed" I'm tired, he would say no need to cook, we eat out or just cook maggi, ok already.

I have a very strong personality and very expressive especially vocally. I really speak my mind. Of all the men I dated during my 10 years, well actually only the last three years of my divorceehood, my present hb is the only one who can take my crap ... really I am full of CRAPS! well he accepted me for who I AM. We also have quite a few things in common which I rarely find in middle-aged Asian or atleast middle-aged local Malay men. I've mentioned before about being spontaneous and adventurous in doing things, not giving 1001 reasons for NOT doing it. He's daring and willing to take challenges like I do, willing to drop everything and do what I tell him to do and sometimes willing to take the submissive role. We also talk abt spending our old age together and looking forward to it, travelling or sailing together around the world or just laze around by the beach, living in a small beach hut.

Actually, when I married the second time, I was really looking for someone to grow old with, and I think there's no one else I rather grow old with except him and I definitely do not want to grow old alone. Although I can manage on my own til the kids grown up and get married, and then what? I have been a single parent before for ten years, I can take all the bagages, but the loneliness, the touch of a man, the sweet whispers of a man, the companionship of a good friend and lover, that, what I missed most. Although my daughter was and still is my pride and joy, and her laughter was enough to feel my loneliness, but as she got older, she prefered the companionship of her peers/friends etc. That's why, only during the last 3 years of my 10 years divorcehood that I started dating again.

As for your friend, u need to ask her if she still loves her husband, if she does, then she has to do whatever it takes to salvage her marriage. She needs to be true to herself, not cheat or lie to herself, in other words, not be in denial. At the same time, she also needs to know if her hubby feels the same way. No point being in a marriage if there's no love, or for the sake of the children. Then better go for divorce. If both her hb and her still love each other,then she have a good chance. Firstly, she needs to take a good look at herself, I mean ask herself why her hb stray? Did he stray just for physical or is there emotions involved?

If she had a good relationship with her hb b4, she shud roughly know him well enough eg his likes and dislikes, his preferences etc. Surely she cud make some adjustment to herself and their lifestyle to make their life together more exciting, in other words fanning the fire of passion back into their life. What really works for MOST men, is the little pampering, sweet-loving-caring words, especially after he comes back from a hard day's work. If he works long hours, sms sweet msgs, better still hot & naughty msgs, send him a mms of u in a sexy pose etc with a msg, "I'll be waiting for you ..." etc. evn a msg as simple as "I miss u, be home soon darling" and be consistent even though initially there's no response from him. Try to create a candlit dinner or supper (of course when kids asleep) at home with soft music. Make every meal at home special, for him. Give him attention, not just attention to the kids. Feed him a spoonful or two. I was taught sharing a plate of meal and a glass of drink will make the heart fonder towards each other.

Well I wish ur friend all the best but if u r not sure of something, tell her the truth, don't advise her on something u r not sure urself.

I'll see u ladies tommorow.

kira,hippo, tam,cnc,jesschan,precious gem

Thanks for the well wishes....I think my gal has a long way to go and next year will be a very challenging year for me....Her effort is due to she wanna do her daddy proud to collect awards....

Anyone going to japan disneyland....

precious gem
I do hope all goes well for your relationship with your hb. All the best.

I guess i need to have a good talk with my fren when she calls. But everytime she does so, she is sobbing, and so full of anger. So I do wonder why she continues with the relationship. Perhaps like you, she feels there's still love, and that the marriage can and should be salvaged. Thanks for your tip.

Anglemum
There are several Science reference books at Popular, but then again, they may be a bit dull. Have you tried the 'Young Scientist' magazine? The vol 2 is relevant for the upper primary, but the vol 1 is just as good. The science 'facts' are presented as a cartoon-story form, so it is more interesting. My girl loves it!
I also bot some educational worksheets from this lady (PM me for her email). It is US-based, but the worksheets are quite informative and fun to do. you can select from a long list of topics and just get those that are relevant for their syllabus. Next year P5 will be doing the Solar System, I think she has something on it as well!

HI Mummies

preciousgem
I'm still reading ur posts ..haven't finished yet...welcome back

kira
Here are the pics I promised... Changi beach area??

1072530.jpg
1072531.jpg

Angelmum
My courtship is exactly one year too! We ROMed on the first anniversary of the day we first met.
happy.gif
We like to borrow science books from the information section in library because it relates to real life e.g. digestion, magnets, etc. My kids like magic school bus but dunno whether it is too easy for your kid. Website: http://www.scholastic.com/MagicSchoolBus/games/home.htm Here's another one, but dunno if it is too easy: http://www.hhmi.org/coolscience/index.html

StyloBB
Your girls are so cute
happy.gif
. My long lost friend also has a pair of twin boys and his brother has a pair of twin girls! It's probably in their genes.
happy.gif

Hi Hippo

Mcdonald staff is always doing the same old thing as in two games...party hat and goodie bag. Nothing fantastic, I just get them to entertain the kids.

Another way you can do it is to get a magician in...think cost around 200 or so for 1.5hour.

SCIENCE
My gal read young scientist since p2 and she loves it and insisted that I subscribe for her again....

Many friend told me that it would be great if parents get involved to study science with them.I yet to find out as mine only starts next year.....

For mummy who has gone through the p3math,how far off is it from p2?wondering should I still continue to coach her myself.

Good night all.

G O O D M O R N I N G L A D I E S ! ! !

styleBB,

Wow ur girls look so cute with that little hair clip on thier hair. My 5 yr old girl love the swings there, infact I took her there just so she can sit on the swing cuz there's no swings in most HDB playgrounds. She also love to sit on the teta-toter, u know the rocking horse thingy. We would also walk on the beach or by the sea, watching people fishing and of course our favourite time is when the ice cream man ring his bells! Usually we would go to Changi V first to get my dosage of coconut water and sugar cane juice! But do u know, there has been ghostly "sightings" / "incidents" there at night? Of course , during the day it's ok, even at night. Only a few incidents.

cowandchick,

well for ur fren, for now, i think she just need a place to vent out her feelings, be it sadness, anger, dissappointment etc, just lend her a shoulder to cry on, an ear to listen and give her words of encouragement and support, and give her assurance that you'll always be there for her. Rather than talking to her on the phone, meet up with her. Really, giving literally a shoulder to cry on really makes a difference, especially with a good hug. As her morale and self esteem is pretty low at the moment, give her a booster by telling her what a good mother she is and what lovely children she has etc. That she got something to look forward to, waking up every morning to see her lovely children.

If u wanna try to tackle her problem, ask her, in her own opinion, why her hb did what he did/ is doing. Btw, ask her also if she got proof of his infedelity, some wives just jump to conclusion or assumption. Ask if she had confronted her hb and what was his response. If she has not confronted him, please advise her to do so subtly, not screaming or pointing fingers. Take some time to go out for walks or go somewhere quiet and discuss in a very calm manner in a calm & comfortable environment.

If he did admit to ho wrong doing, ask him, does he feel abt it and what does hope to achieve out of it. Ur fren also need to be strong to hear all those words and also maintain her composure. SHe also need to tell him how hurt, sad, dissappointed etc she is with his actions. She also need to confess her love for him (if she still does after hearing all those things) and that she wants to save their marriage. Ask himwaht went wrong, what happen, can they start over, can he forget/leave the other person, what was lacking in their relationship etc.

Sometime it just take one incident in a couple life that can change everything. She got to ask herself whether she had said or do something offensive to him that hurts him deeply (especially if it hurt his Ego), that he is doing all this, subconciously, trying to hurt her back? I don't know.

Btw, do u know anyone who wants a baby cot, with cot bumper and even a musical mobile, for FREE. Just need to pick up urself.

cowandchick,
I think I got to learn from you to say less. I say too much sometimes
uhoh.gif

hippo2002,
My hubby & me also cannot control our telepathy
wink.gif

kira,
Wow first time already got telepathy, you and your hubby really made for each other
happy.gif

styloBB,
Your twin girls look so adorable even from the small photo. I would love so much to have twin girls too.
happy.gif

precious_gem,
Welcome back ! I miss you post
happy.gif

I do understand why you stay with a man even though you don't need him. I also do not depend on my hubby financially. In fact, he needs me more than I need him. But he is an important emotional support to me, especially now since it is not easy to raise 2 very young kids.

hey tamarind of tamarind village. how's ur little tribe huh?

I thot u can get decent enough puzzles from Popular bookshops or other bookshops like MPH or BIG Bookshop. Though I must say I haven't scouting for one lately. Only been buying those wooden puzzles.
kao_smile.gif

Hi tamarind,
I guess Im quite new in this forum. Just happen to see your post: Any Mommies in mid-late 30s or over 40 with small children? My gal Nichole just turn 1 last week. I got married at age 32 and have been trying for 4yrs, almost going to try IVF. Before we go for it I realise Im preggy hehe guess its god gift. You looking for big piece puzzles I happen to saw at Watson just now during lunch, but its for 3yrs and above child, selling at $12.95 if Im not wrong you can check it out.

btw, thot of planning to go to Batam in December for a Spa trip. Somewhere 3rd or 4th wk of December. Anybody wanna join?

If u wanna bring kids and hubby, mayb cud plan a 2D 1N stay so while we are being pampered at the spa, hb & kids can occupy themselves ... swimming at the hotel/resort pool or watch movies or any other activities?

for Batam trip; Spa -> Martha Thilaar

1D Spa trip : return ferry, seafood kelong lunch, and car + driver ~ -+$40 (excl. spa treatment)

for 2D1N;
(all prices p/pax incl. return ferry, transfer,1 buffet breakfast but excl. spa treatment & tpt to spa from hotel/resort)

1) Turi beach Resort(Nongsa Beach)~ $90

2) Sijori Resort (City) ~ $48!!! (+ 1 city tour with seafood lunch + 1 set dinner!!!)

3) Golden Virgo Hotel (City)~ $48! (+ 1 dinner + city tour + dinner!!!)

For more choices, go to www.holidaybagus.com
select INDONESIA, then select BATAM, and view the various packages, as cheap as $47!

You can also choose other destinations like Bali, Malaysia, Thailand, Philipines, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Vietnam, Cambodia, Australia, Maldives (u got to check this out!!!).
Also available Star Cruises and Airline Tickets bookings.

I've been using this agency for as long as I can remember (good service, friendly & helpful staff) but only been to Batam with them. Have yet to try other destinations.
bounce.gif

Young Scientist

You can purchase the subscription from Popular Book store. Can't remember how much tho. Quite informative, tho a little simplistic, esp the Vol 1. But I guess for young kids, it's alright. It does help explain science concepts to them.

Rainbow
My girl in P4 this year, and i still coach her. I will continue to do so next year and probably the next as well. My sis says it's better to help them in primary school years, as they're not really mature enuf to handle info on their own. Problem esp if need to get info themselves - info overload!

Even if the kids are super motivated to study on their own, it is good to provide the guidance. I know of some kids, who are so on the over-drive, they try to learn too much! In the end, what is needed is not learned. So sayang, coz they're actually very bright kids! So I think parents should provide the guidance. That's my thot anyway...

StyloBB
Your girls looks cute! How does it feel to have twins? Can you tell them apart? A fren of mine has triplets!!! She is a twin herself, and her hb also a twin! Guess multiple births runs in their family.

Tamarind
I got mine, the 20 pc Jap puzzle (A3 size, hard cardboard backing inside a plastic cover with Disney pictures), from little specialised jigsaw puzzle shops. Unfortunately, I don't remember where they are. I think there is one at Causeway Point and one at Suntec City but that was a few years back. It costs about $9.90 for one. Then, they had a 10% off promotion wth certain cards.

Presciousgem
That's really cheap! Even cheaper than my Downtown East trip end of the month. Thanks for your tip.
happy.gif
Will not be able to go 'cos hubby will be flying away for work around then...also no sure of his dates. Thanks for the invite.
happy.gif
Maybe we can arrange to go to Kids Adventure intead.

Cowandchick
Thanks. Yah, agree that children have to be supervised. Next year, the children will be in different sessions after all...so I'll have more time 1 to 1 with each of them.

kira/precious gem/tamarind/C&C
Thanks...I paiseh to post too big here lah..hehe

C&C
Never mix them up, after all I'm the mummy mah, I know them... and they are fraternal twins altho they seem to look more alike this year... but still look different to me. My boy also never mixes them up...

How I feel? 1st year was v tough, plus with the older boy. Now easier, they wl watch tv together, or they entertain one another...
We do get quite a bit of attn when we go out..

Triplets? Shudder....

precious gem
What 'sightings'?? I never hear anything about this leh...

jasmine
So do u intend to try for another kid??

tamarind
I know Early Learning Centre has quite nice jigsaw puzzles.. not sure if they brot in new stock.

My boy used to do these but he has lost interest lately...

1074173.jpg
1074174.jpg

precious_gem,
My little tribe are doing great. My boy just turned 3 years old, and started to be very interested in puzzles. He will take out the puzzles on his own to play. I am so happy to see him do that
happy.gif
So I wanted to get him more new and nice ones.

Jasmine,
Welcome to this thread ! This thread was originally started by precious_gem
happy.gif

Do join us in this thread more often ! Are you working or staying at home ?

precious_gem, Jasmine, kira, styloBB,
Thanks for your suggestions about where to look for puzzles. Will check out those places.

Angelmum,
Cute photos
biggrin.gif

mommies

Any recommendation for dentist for adults? very gentle ones, no bleeding after polishing type of dentist

my regular dentist super gentle but he only does braces now, stopped taking in cleaning & polishing liao.
sob sob, must look for new dentist

Tamarind

saw your posting on kids dentist. Does that doctor at Tiong Bahru accept adults too? expensive?

hippo2002,
That dentist is for both adults and kids. I went for polishing and filling one cavity before, total $100. Not sure whether it is considered expensive.

Hi Mummies!

So long never post. Been super busy. Booked a holiday to Koh Samui over Deepavali for 5 days cos got special deal 2 nights free at the Regent. Too bad it rained so hard until flooded and flight cancelled. Ended up we didn't go! How depressing.

Tamarind,
You can get all sorts of jigsaw puzzles from this jigsaw shop at Suntec. Carrefour tower on the 2nd floor!

Precious Gem,
I love your story about your hubby and keeping him happy etc. You are one happening mummy! Me definitely not so happening. Spend to much time on laptop.

Hippo,
I go to GPA dental at the Gothic building near Bugis. They have a great view over the ocean from their suites. They also have a spa room where you can sit in an OSIM massage chair and drink your green tea while you wait for your turn. The dentists are quite gentle but like to talk, talk, talk. Sometimes wish for them to work in silence so I ask for a movie. The TV above the chair.

FACEBOOK
Anyone? Can add me! [email protected]

Good morning, mummies! Did everyone have a good weekend? We managed to catch the Asian Children's Festival at the National Library on Saturday. There were free bouncy castles, games, story telling and workshops.
happy.gif
There are additional fringe events at the Public Libraries. See www.asianchildrenfest.com for more. We'll be going for the Saving - The Sensible Habit at Woodlands Regional Library.
happy.gif
We wanted to go for the Fun with Aikido one as well but that's fully booked.
sad.gif

Liana
I've been to GPA Parkview twice and didn't even realised they have an OSIM massage chair! Agree with you that the dentists are gentle.

Changi Airport
Has anyone gone to Terminal 3 yet? Am wondering whether it is a good place to bring the kids during the holidays.

Hi all,
Finally got confirmed with a job. So can put a full stop to job interviews already! Will start work mid of Dec. So might not be able to surf the web for awhile. Will miss all of you!

Pantone
Congratulations!
happy.gif
I'm glad for you.

Preciousgem
I think think you mentioned before that you were attending martial arts classes with your daughter. Was it Aikido? Any feedback? Thanks.

Cowandchick
I purchased my Christmas gifts.
happy.gif
Thanks for your product info. I have sent it to my friend, a regular user, to see if she's interested in any.

Hi mommies,
Do your kids have stamina ?
Yesterday all 3 lifts broke down. My hubby brought my girl and walked up 16 storeys ! I don't want to walk up, waited until the lift was repaired. My hubby said my girl walked up all the way without stopping and didn't even feel tired. Just wondering if this is normal for a 4 year old. I myself didn't have much stamina when I was younger, used to struggle to finish 2.4 km when in secondary school. I think I should train my girl so that she can maintain this stamina. Do you think she is too young to be trained ?

kira,
Sounds interesting ! Will check out the activities at the library.

Liana,
Thanks for the tip, will check it out.

pantone,
Congrats ! You must be very good to get a job so quickly.

How I wish I am like you. Right now I am waiting to see what happens to the outsourcing before starting on my job search again.

Hi Tamarind
Yah, my elder son had stamina when he was 4-5. He walked 5 km around Sungei Buloh Route 2. I don't expect him to do so now though. Now that he's older, he complains more, has a stronger opinion of his own and is not so obliging.
happy.gif
Think that stamina can be trained although it may be good to keep it within reasonable limits. Think this is too much: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/4241958.stm

Back