Any Good Malay Massage lady to recommend

Hi trx,
for postnatal massage usually we have to booked atleast 1mth in advance if you wish have the therapist you prefer.Me make my advance booking 3mth before my EDD as I want to be serve by the therapist I prefer.

oh.. my edd is on feb 2009.. i hav not book ani neither do i hav anione in mind.. so do i stil hav to book in advance if i got no therapist tt i prefer..?

<font size="+2"><font color="0000ff">Hi petom

I got what you mean. This thread seems to be "swamped" by newly registered members who sang praises on their masseuses!
People can just tell whether the post is genuine or purely advertising :p

</font></font>

Hi trx,
since your edd is in feb 09, you could just wait a while before you decide which massue you wish to serve you. Ask fren recomendation or visit website that provide postnatal service. This is what I did before my EDD.

For those who are thinking of engaging Naini for the post natal massage - think again!

She's absolutely crap and totally not worth the exorbitant rates she charges. I totally agree with the feedback given by Passing Guest on her post in 2005. And to think that she was actually that crap since 2005! Since she was recommended by a friend - I didnt bother checking out the forum for reviews b4 engaging her. Big mistake!

As for those who thinks Naini must be good just cos a mediacorp artist engager her b4 - did u actually verify when the said artist used her services? As far as I know and from Naini's own admission - it is only once ie aft delivery of her 1st child.

i used mdm sharifah (from mdm rokiah's company) after my 1st preggy. i like her, very chatty lady who, in my opinion is quite good at what she does. i'm most definitely going to use her again this time around.

Hi liewb,
me too using Mdm Sharifah frm Mdm Rokiah company, traditional &amp; holistic postnatal centre company recently and satisfied with her service. Got to know frm her that Mdm Rokiah is back to do blockducts sessions personally after a long break. She is highly recommend by many mother who have got blockduct &amp; enggorged. Will definitely using their company service again.

Hi eysl,
tks for posting in as we don't want any mummies to have the experience like you had with your therapist. As we expect that during our postnatal sessions,we can relax and enjoy our sessions after we felt very tired &amp; stress during our delivery. This is the only time for us to have a gd rest. Just an experience but things has happen. Just take care ya..

Hi eysl,
Tks for sharing your experience. Even now I've notice many new company setting-up postnatal massage and agree with Petom &amp; Susanna that all this people just advertise themself claiming that they are pioneer in this forum for postnatal service like originsjamumassage. So far only see their posting frm last yr Oct 08 and even saw few same posting but different username that they use. So looked out for company that is genuine for your postnatal massage or frm frens that ever had use a company service before.

hi eysl,

can you elaborate more when you said Naini service is a crap.... what is it that is not good about her just curious.
tx

thanks annetay for your kind words but i just cant help but feel so cheated cos i paid so much $ for such crap service!

hi johara - read the feedback from Passing Guest here - http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/36738/376252.html?1134487540

to summarise:
(1) her sessions are usually only 30-35 minutes (and this includes the time for gettin<textarea>thanks annetay for your kind words but i just cant help but feel so cheated cos i paid so much $ for such crap service!

hi johara - read the feedback from Passing Guest here - http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/36738/376252.html?1134487540

to summarise:
(1) her sessions are usually only 30-35 minutes (and this includes the time for getting ready her herbs and the binding) so, in essence, her so called massage is only 20 minutes or so.

(2) she not only answers her cell phone during the massage, she even make calls (usually to some family member or to tell her maid what to cook for lunch, din (?!?!} blah blah blah).

(3) she's totally inconsiderate when arranging timing of her massages - twice she scheduled it at an inconvenient time of 8am! giving me some excuse that she's got a doc's appointment. and bcos she doesnt work saturdays sundays (plus she took an extra long break for CNY) - i was pressed for time to ensure that my package finishes just in time b4 my confinement help goes. this is prob the reason why she has the cheek to schedule a take-it-or-leave-it kinda timing! and once, she didnt even tell me she wasnt coming until i called! her excuse, she's not feeling well, went to see doc
(again?!?) but yet she can come later in the evening if it's ok with me.

(4) her last session ie the so called slimming session of a body scrub only took less than 20 minutes - like Passing Guest said, i can do better myself!

(5) she recommended that i do 14 sessions initially but i told her i wanted only 6 (as recommended by my friend) but she cockily said she doesnt do anything less than 10 sessions and she's very busy (hinting that her biz is so good, so not hard up for extra biz!) - so in a way, i had no choice but sign up for the 10 sessions package. in hindsight, dont think it would have made any difference whether i did 6 or 10 sessions cos it was all done in a crap manner anyway!

perhaps it's just me and Passing Guest (just our luck!) who has had such a lousy experience with her bcos so far, no one else has posted any other feedback despite a few asking for the same.

hi YSL, glad u share your bad exp. so sorry that u encounter this incident. Her service is really bad. Is it cheap her session?
sometime freelancer really depend on luck. my cousin engaged one and she is uncontactable after she delivers.. somemore she paid $100 deposit.. makes my cousin boils man.

Hi eysl,

sad to hear your bad experience... very dissapointing when seomeone treat us as per their whim and fancy...

is she an old lady and that's why she massage for short minutes and always need to go to doctor??? well just beware of Naini everybody.

eysl,
Tks for sharing and that why me and my few office frens try to lookout and make survey frm the forum before decide my postnatal massage. After reading abt many gd comments of Mdm Rokiah service by many mummies in the forum, make me decide to take her company service and as to playsafe even visit her shop in Kovan and meet her personally. Her therapist is very professional and her charges is reasonable.Although their sessions is 1hr &amp; 10mins but sometimes the therapist serve me more than the time. My advise get a therapist frm a registered company or that have a shop so that anything happen you can come back to the office if got any problems.

Traditional Wellness is good. They not only provide pre-natal and post-natal massages, also other beauty &amp; wellness services for mums &amp; mums-to-be. I got to know them through DBS woman's card promotions.

I can recommend Rosita, she 's a very good masseuse. Very knowledgeable, professional and patient. Ohh yea.., they have house call services too.

The location is in town area.. between Orchard &amp; Dhoby Ghaut.
I think it's better to check out the website www.traditionalwellness.com.sg

Hi All,

I recommend Mdm Maya. SHe is great! my sis used her for her post natal massage and she was slimmer than she was before hahaha!

I had her after i had m/c and she did an excellent job in getting rid of the toxic in my body. I could sleep better too! I think i saw her advertising in here in 2007. She gives good advices too like when i can TTC again. waiting for my massages again!

hi...am thinking of engaging a postnatal massage lady after i gave birth.

just like to ask...when can we start the massage session if its natural birth and is it wise to do massage if cesarean? Also...what's the market rate like?

anyone can share their experiences? Thanks!

hi usagi- for natural birth at least 5-7 day you can start the session, c sect is at least 1 month.

i think the rates varies depending of their servicce provided. fo myself i engage origins jamu massage to do the postnatal for me. I find they are very professional and provide good service. although their rate is higher than normal freelancer but their package is very comprehensive with helping with engorgements and also teaching baby massage.
One thing good is that they give the binder free and it good hygience too as my skin is sentisitive.most of the massage auntie take back the binder after the sesssion . althought they wash but we cannot be sure the countless time the cloth is used.

u can always check with them if you have any questions at their website www.originsjamumassage.com

Dear mummies,

I am due in August. Need advise.

Can someone with no business benefit pls recommend a reliable and good massage lady?

Newcomers who are newly registered or posting your first few posts, pls refrain from advising.

Thank you.

I peiling,
My advise get frens recommendations before you sign up for your postnatal package. Get feedback of their service to play save. Me did my survey b4 I engage my therapist and even make my payment personally to their hse and so far happy with their service.

I have personally tried many different massage ladies, some charges is cheap can be as low as $30 per hour but not professional - massage like no strength, jst touching only, pple who like massages (slimming, detox or relax type) might understand what I mean. Most of the malay therapist I have tried will answer phone calls during the session which I think this is not professional as well.
So far I m very satisfied wth this therapist of mine - michelle, she is a certified masseur and work in one of the famous slimming center before. She won't force u to continue if you not satisfied or unable to continue due to any reason aft one session. But I m sure her client definitely enjoy her massage and will refer her further.

Her charges is standard, 7 times for $480. But her prefer working area is in the west.
Anyone interested, can contact michelle at 98765222.

Hi

Was wondering what's the difference between Jamu and Javanese massage?

Last year, I got the service of a malay auntie. She massaged me from head to toe using herbal oil + do binding for me using long cloth.

Recently, contacted another malay lady, she told me she do massage 2hrs on stomach only. Does anyone here got this kind of massage on stomach for that long?

Can anyone relate to me what should a postnatal massage be like? Whole body or just stomach?

Hi Chatelaine,
Frm my postnatal massage experience, postnatal should be frm head to toe massage( Whole body). Tummy after application of jamu or slimming cream should be bind with a cloth binder. I never heard only tummy, as after the delivery our uterus is still swollen and some frens give feedback that tummy feel abit pain. How can the massage be too long focus on the tummy only. Even some practice pushing of uterus I heard, I ask my gynae and she told me no such thing and my therapist even told me that their company don't practice too as doctors not able to do so. She told me uterus will be back to it position after few wks of our delivery. Maybe you could try and ask other mummies feedback too. For your info, I had my postnatal service frm traditional holistic. Find that their service are gd.

just to share~
i hv c-section and only engage mdm ida after 1 month. yday was my 1st session wif her, initially my tummy was saggy when looked in front of the mirror. so when she did the binding yday, i did not take it out till tis morning b4 my 2nd session. i realised it's not so saggy as before.

and mdm ida told me she will try to make my tummy slightly firmer. at the mmt, quite pleased wif her skill.

oh ya! and she did giv me advices compared to my 1st massage lady. :)

cheers!

I had this experience with this massge lady called MAS. She was recommended by my gf for post natal massage. I want to share my experience with u all so that you all will not be conned by her service. She tells stories, borrow money, takes advance payment and keep postponing sessions after taking your advance payments for the massage and even borrows money in the name of helping her sick mother or neighbour or son.

At first she will tell u she charge $55 per session which is cheap, however, when she comes for the 1st session, she will tell u you need slimming cream, add $5, you need the epidural drops another $5 and you need the stretch mark cream anotehr $5 so all add up to $70! very dishonest n not up front about her charges.
She will also tell you she uses massage oil which is made from 101 herbs etc......

She also will be very fren with you while massaging and tell you about her family very poor, but she learnt her massage from her father who is a gynae..she will say she has a mother who is paralysed and need medical attention, need to buy special bed and ask you for advance payment for your massage. SInce it was for massage we thought it was ok, so just advance pay her my sessions. Pls do not ADVANCE PAY cos she will keep postpone her sessions. This is what i learnt. PAY everyday for your massge lady is the best method.

Also she will say she has a son who is in Temasek poly and going to Oxford university to study LAW.....which i find it ridiculous...go poly can go OXFORD to study LAW???..then she will tell stories of how much money she need for her son's edu , fees etc and find ways to ask for more advance payments and even borrow money .
She wills ay its a pity if her son who is so clever is denied of a chance to study cos of no money.....i was duped by it!

Anotehr story she will tell you is she has a neighbour from Malaysia who just divorced husband left her with child no money for food etc and want to help her financially. SHe will ask you for moeny to help her.Saying what Chinese shd help Chinese since she is Malay already helping her.

Lastly she will keep postponing the last few sessions and not come due to fever, sick QUARANTINED!!! duno till when depends!! and this was how i was never given my full service but paid in full by advance payment to her cos of all her sad stories cos i was stupid! and i even borrowed her money on top of that!

Pls all mothers to be who wan to do pre or post natal massge beware of this MAS lady who live in Woodlands St60 Blk 786E, her hp 90845556. She is a plump short malay lady. pls do not engage this person for your massge she is a CHEAT!!!

brenda, tks for sharing indeed helped the mothers here. sometime it really luck if take these freelance massaue,. some of them is really good and nice but others really like out to cheat ppl. so many cases i heard from friends. and their Hp no is always changing cos many use hi card.. sometime you cannot even trace their address to get back yourpayment. hopefully this lady stop her actions.
brenda- you not intend to get your$$ back? sine you have her address, why dont you go to her place?

Hi brenda,
Thanks for sharing. I agree with cyrus. Why not since you have her add, just go and get your $$ back? And mayb give her some advise that spore are very small for her to do such practice.

hi,

i used a freelancer for my first delivery 2 years ago. didn't find her that good and her oil and wrap gave me rashes so didn't keep her number.

now, i am preparing for my second delivery in 3mths time and i'm looking for those from a spa or company instead of freelancer (in case something goes wrong will someone to go after, complain, get refund etc.)

can anyone recommend a good spa or registered company that they have used and are happy with?

thanks

Evening ladies.Tanti is my name
I'm a Malay Massage Therapist.
I provide home services for:
Normal Massage, Pre-Natal Massage and Post-Natal Massage
To make an appointment, please call 91000548
Do visit my blog :
[email protected]
U may also email me : [email protected]
My massage session includes Breast Massage(to clear blocked milk ducts), Tummy Massage(lifting of the womb/cellulite &amp; wind reduction) and Binding.
I will also teach new mummies on BABY MASSAGE!

~~I have a Portable Massage Bed for my customers's comfort &amp; convenience~~

**I do not charge transportation fee.**

Additional charges will be:
SGD$25 for your personal binder to keep.

hi,

I'll like to recommend my Massage Lady,
Mona-90260085.
She charges $170 for 5 sessions. 1 hour each.
She has 30 years experience and is really good.
But please make advance appt with her as she has 10 customers a day and her schedule is always packed.
She advises min 5 days after Natural Delivery and at least 20 days after c-sect to start post natal massage.
She's nice and chatty and she's very accomodating too..
happy.gif

She does only massage for a consecutive of 5 days straight.
she uses jamu oil and wraps with a long cloth. no extra cost needed and she dun charge for the cloth which she'll take back at the end of 5 days.

can try callling her if u are looking for a good and experienced massueu.
happy.gif

Hi mummies,

Intending to engage Aunty Khatijah for her post natal massage.

Any recent feedback on her service??

Understand that she has a lot of good reviews since '07, but the recent feedback seem a bit negative...so a bit confused now.

Appreciate all replies! Thanks! =)

hi, may you advise if any massage lady that you engaged do push up the uterus &amp; help it to shrink back to original size? i'm currently using Mona.

my previous massage lady(few yrs ago)did push up the uterus during the last 1 or 2 sessions.how is ur massage lady?

If you are looking for a professional and effective post natal massage, I have one good recommendation. She is Nit, recommended to me by my friend who manage to slim down to S size from L size after giving birth. After seeing the effect on my friend, I deceided to give it a try although it cost $1900 a week 4-5hr per day.

Within 1 week, I manage to slim down 6kg and able to wear back my s size pants. Her massage is very intensive and use many different technics like herbal steam and bamboo toning massage to tone body. The best thing is I do not need to be wrap up around the waist the entire day and my waist is getting more tone up every day with the massage. As compare to my first postnatal massage lady I have to wrap my waist up every day for 10 session at $500, which is very itchy and sweaty plus the effect is not much cos I still can't wear my S size pants after that.

Her charges is high but after you experience her service and seeing the results, it's worth the price. She have different package price from $700 onwards. You may call or sms her at 93906921 or 62430145, usually I'll sms her cos she unable to answer when she is massaging for customer.

Just to find out, the therapists in Traditional &amp;amp; Holistic Post-natal Centre all malay ladies or they have also train chinese ladies?

Hi Ms Ho,
I had my postnatal done by traditional holistic postnatal centre last yr. I call their lady boss Mdm Rokiah personally to get advise and she told me that all her therapist are experience, certified and she personally trained them. They are all malay aunties in mid 40 and there is no of her therapist below 35 yrs old and also no china girl. You could just call her to ask but so far I enjoy all my sessions. Their office located at kovan centre and even I personnaly meetup with her to make my booking. Just visit their website jamumassage.com

Hi Anne,
Thanks for your advise. Ya I did call up Mdm Rokiah personally, she will meet me up to pass me the vouchers and I got to make the full payment as they are having a promotion. Btw, which therapist did the massage for you?

Hi Ladies,

My EDD is End May, hence looking for post-natal massage. Want to ask if any mums had casear &amp; then done post natal massage?

Hear must wait min 1 mth 1st right?
My frien done her massage before 1month and so skip her tummy area but wouldnt be so effective except removing excessive wind/water retention only right?

Deciding btw Mdm Rokiah &amp; Mdm Ida, if any mums who casear and engaged their svcs, pls share your experience....

my cousin did it after 4 weeks... her therapist does massage her tummy area and with the binding , to help her on the wind and all.. she does see the effect after her 7 day session....

Hi

anyone has engaged Mdm Ida's cousin/relatives?
Her schedule is very packed and recomm her cousin Mdm Zaliah, nice lady, bt jus wondering if any feedback abt her?

talking about this mona...i think shes bullshit...massage is shiok but it doesnt really slim you down. the measurement she took is fake, she just move the measurement tape at different part of your body which makes you feel you really have slim down after the massage.

on top of the above, shes always not punctual and always change her appointment time. Shes very irresponsible.

always say shes very busy... wonder how true.

my friend and relative have so coincidental tried her and said her massage no strenght and not real massage. think she got no certificate. and she will tell you she can do only 5 coz shes so fully booked coz if you do longer and see no further results, then the bean will spill....

theres another encounter by one of the mummy, called her and Mona confirmed booking. before 15 mins tell you she cant make it and as for the next day booking, will let her know again. How can the next day booking to be advised right when she has already confirmed the 5sessions...gosh...think coz shes a second time mummy. She called her coz its dirt cheap and she just needs a massage for her back. As per my friend,same sentiment as me, she dont push uterus. just massage.

come to think of it...wonder if she has a certificate...and if have what certificate is that as its dangerous to get a unqualified masseur due to the vain they are pressing on..... scary...

this time,i used this lady, she is gd, she pushed my uterus up. The 1 had for my number 1 no gd. This lady massage me for 2 days n I can see my waistline and my tummy shrink. On the 4th day I carried by boy who is abt 12kg and my uterus drop back. I can feel the tremendous pain lucky I'm still having my massage n she pushed it back for me and the pain goes off. of course shes not cheap like Mona but it really pays to be more expensive "yi fen qian yi fen huo" haha

Ladies, tell u .... Never never carry heavy stuffs ok.. My boy fell from playpen I panic tats y I carry him...

this time i can control my bladder...since my 1st birth, i have this urine control problem coz i didnt push my uterus up.....so ladies...must do a proper massage ok....uterus is very important to us ladies...if it drop you will have to get it operated and remove i.e. cant have bb anymore....

tell you, you will never know what is massage or tell the difference until you tried different masseur....

Back