after 14 years of marriage...

14yearsgone

Hi all...
We married on 2003, we got 3 kids together. I never work before,graduate and married him and become a housewife. All these years, he also never gave me money or let me have my own saving. He will pass me a few hundreds and i need to wrote down what i spent and he will pass me money again and so on.
Life was ok even everyday always argue about money never enough.
My husband never want to buy any HDB or unit here. We always rent and stay in a condo,because he doesnt want to stay in HDB too. He is working for his wealthy parents at China every months for 18 days and he will back in town for at least 14 days before he go back to China again.
Since last year dec,on my bday he sent me the house hold bills! and asked me to shrimp on everything!i dnt have any make up,any luxury branded items,etc, yet he still asked me to be more frugal and early January i felt something wrong with him. He is not willing to spent any single cents on family anymore. Even go out for family outing to river safari, i have to use my son's red pocket money. CNY he doesnt take us to go out eat at restaurant which normally we always go out eat. He also always busy,he said he want to do something great before his 40th birthday on april.
The most on February and March,basically he is gone at 6.30am to sent kids to school,he said very nicely that he asked me to sleep more so he sent kids to school and followed by so many excuses like busy or going to temple for pray and many meetings and will show up at home after midnight!
I never suspected him because he always reply my whatsapp very fast and always sent me pics with all the friends he met up.I also busy taking care my 3 kids and fetch them from school and ferry them to tuitions.
On end of feb,he said he need go back to china for work and first he told me that he will be back again soon because we going to move to new house on early April and he only show up end of march for one weeks and still same pattern,morning gone sent kids to school and this time even worst,come back after 2-3am in the morning! And he gone again to China and left me and helper and kids to move house alone and he only gave me very little money to move house.
He show up on the 12nd april and im really mad,i cant handle my emotion anymore,i flare up and asked to divorce,actually that time i only pretend to scare him,he never agree and he keep telling me many stories and many lies. My in laws come to visit our new place a few days after he home and again he busy everyday with his parents.
But somehow i felt something wrong,i checked his passport and i found out that he back in town on 7th march but he never show up at home,he show up at home on 22nd march! where is he goes then?
so we keep argue and i keep asking whats going on,he never want to tell me,he said everything is over and that woman he sent back to China. Then he go back to china on 25th april until now he doesnt bother to call me or check on kids and he only gave us 2.5k for food,transport and buy kids things which are not enough.
while he at china,i keep digging and trying to find out whatever i can, before he left,he format our desktop and now everything gone,nothing left for me to check, he took away the phone bills and he change his mobile number. Later on i found out that woman already miscarriage and they went to holiday on 27th march till 11st april and spent 6k! and he bought that woman many branded items, the receipts that i can trace back already cost more then 30k within one months!! im really going crazy to found out all of this. I married him 14 years, i dnt have anything not even the paper bag, he bought that woman cartier love ring and love bangle,pandora,gucci,LV, etc. He so cunning,nothing under his name,he using his mom's credit card.
He doesnt paid my son's tuition money for two months,so i cant tahan and i made a call to my in laws and told them about their son. They said they will come in town and i waited more then 3 weeks,they still havent show up. They said they will come on early June. But because i made that call,my husband very angry and he wanted to divorce me now. He blocked me on his wechat and never bother to call or sms me or kids anymore.
After 14 years of our marriage,he told me that our marriage paper is fake because we marriage at abroad.
I told him,if not for kids i will be jump from the building already and he still told me if i wanna do that,make sure i really dead,because he wont pay for my medical bills.
I got no saving,he sent me money only $500 by $500, no property here too.
He also declare bankrupt since 2013. What should i do now? he doesnt bother to answer my call and all he said now that he is done with me. he want to treat me as a free nanny,he said i should be greatful for not sleeping on the street right now.so he asked me to be an uber mom. he asked me to work now,because he only will pay for my food and shelter and in the return i need to take care 3 kids.
I dont have money to hire lawyer and he is bankrupt here, if i divorce him now,what will i get?
but im felt in pain and the betrayal hurt me most. I even helped him pay his debt and i sold all my golds too.
For the sake of my 3 young kids,i dnt want divorce but i also cant accepted he treat me like this.
I wanted to move back to china but he doesnt allow me. he said if i dnt want take care kids,he can take kids back to china but he doesnt let me follow. he asked me to go back to my home town. Both of us are Singaporean since 10 years ago.
What he offer me now only that he will pay my condo rental and will pay for everything like kids tuition etc but he wont give me any single cent,except for food money. so if i need to buy anything,i need to go out and work. basically he only want to give me food and place to stay because i need to take care kids.
I felt really depressed and angry and sad. I have been talk to our neighborhood MP, she told me to ask for lump sum not given abit money day by day which he is not agree.The most he willing to send only $500 for food and transport and entertainment and buy kids things for one weeks.
Please give me some advise so i know what to do? also if i divorce,can he take the kids away from me? because i have no financial power while his parents are wealthy. Is that any place that i can go to ask for help? i have been to Police office, family justice court but not help me much.
Im alone here and im lost. Thank you so much for reading my rant. thank you

How he spent so much if he's bankrupt? He hv credit card?
If he is really bankrupt he cant leave Singapore whenever he wanted to.

So sorry that you're going through this... and quite frankly, I don't know what to suggest that will help you. Have you spoken to your family about your situation?

Stay strong, dear. Above all, don't do anything that will put you and your child in danger. It's not going to be an easy journey ahead but hang in there.

Just wondering... would it help for you to accept his terms for the time being first? I don't mean to give in to him. But just so that you can put food on the table for your kids and keep them by your side, which I think is the most important. Then try to find a part time job while working this out strategically...

Also... is it possible that you can fake some purchases for the home and kids so that you can pocket some money for yourself? I mean, since he has betrayed you, you don't have to feel bad about it. It's survival.

And also, many times, women don't make as smart moves as men do in situations like these because we are very emotional... so don't make decisions on impulse. Write down what are the immediate things you need to address in order of priority so you can visualise your next steps. But I hope you'll be able to keep your children with you... afterall you are the one who brought them up.

So sorry that you're going through this... and quite frankly, I don't know what to suggest that will help you. Have you spoken to your family about your situation?

Stay strong, dear. Above all, don't do anything that will put you and your child in danger. It's not going to be an easy journey ahead but hang in there.

Just wondering... would it help for you to accept his terms for the time being first? I don't mean to give in to him. But just so that you can put food on the table for your kids and keep them by your side, which I think is the most important. Then try to find a part time job while working this out strategically...

Also... is it possible that you can fake some purchases for the home and kids so that you can pocket some money for yourself? I mean, since he has betrayed you, you don't have to feel bad about it. It's survival.

And also, many times, women don't make as smart moves as men do in situations like these because we are very emotional... so don't make decisions on impulse. Write down what are the immediate things you need to address in order of priority so you can visualise your next steps. But I hope you'll be able to keep your children with you... afterall you are the one who brought them up.

My mom asked me to go home, which I dnt want because I'm sporean and all kids study here.
He need me to show him a receipts and a picture to proof things I bought and usually only for kids.
He doesn't want to pay single cent of my expenses anymore.he asked me to go work while all these years I never been work before. Even I got my degree but that was 16 years ago. Oh I can make a cute fondant cakes, that's what i did in my spare time. I'm really lost. I dnt know what to do now. Seems like he won't come back and he won't love me anymore? Should i gave up on him? This is the first time in our 14 years marriage

How he spent so much if he's bankrupt? He hv credit card?
If he is really bankrupt he cant leave Singapore whenever he wanted to.

He got nothing under his name, his parents are wealthy, he using his mom or his bro' s card.
But definitely nothing under his name.

My mom asked me to go home, which I dnt want because I'm sporean and all kids study here.
He need me to show him a receipts and a picture to proof things I bought and usually only for kids.
He doesn't want to pay single cent of my expenses anymore.he asked me to go work while all these years I never been work before. Even I got my degree but that was 16 years ago. Oh I can make a cute fondant cakes, that's what i did in my spare time. I'm really lost. I dnt know what to do now. Seems like he won't come back and he won't love me anymore? Should i gave up on him? This is the first time in our 14 years marriage
If u can prove these then sabotage him. when a person become rich he forgets who had gone thru the worse time with him

If you ask me, you've already lost a few years of your life. Don't waste anymore on him. If he was caught having a mistress and he was sorry about it and remorseful, and actually do things to gain your trust back... then that's a different story.

Not only is he unremorseful, he is leaving you knowing that you are jobless and vulnerable. And then threatening to remove the kids from you if you don't agree with his terms. And we all know that once your kids are gone with him, you will probably never see them again.

Visit job sites or get a newspaper and look through Classifieds. See what are some immediate entry level jobs you can take up for now. If you are good at baking, get a friend to set up an Instagram account or Facebook page for your baking and that could be a start to your own business. Sounds impossible at this moment but you'll never know where it'll take you. :)

Just to share a story...

My uncle cheated on my aunt many years back. At that time she was almost 40 years old and has 2 kids. She found out about his affair after looking through his phone one day and was shocked because my uncle never came home late and spent weekends with the family like a perfect husband and father.

She was a housewife but she was a smart woman. She kept quiet about it and acted normal although she was very hurt and told him that she needed some money to help a friend who is in some trouble. She then used that money to hire a PI. They then found out that the woman was a colleague and they went to hotels during lunch.

Next, she went to transfer all their money in the joint account to her own account before confronting him. She told herself that she will forgive him if he comes clean, quits his job and stops seeing that woman. But my uncle denied the affair all the way until my aunt said that she has evidence from a PI. My uncle raged saying that my aunt was scheming against him. By this time, she has already confided in my mom and her 2 kids didn't go to school that day. They were actually at my place and she has also moved her valuable stuff and documents to our house. She told him to prepare for a divorce. There was nothing he could do. She had half the flat, all their money and he listened to my other aunts and uncles in not fighting her for the custody of the kids.

My aunt spent 6 months looking for a low paying admin job but she had savings which she took from their joint account to get by. And she put up at our place until HDB lets her rent a subsidised flat. My cousins are grown up now and once they graduate, she can stop working and they will take care of her.

She has taught us that women can go through everything. During the time she hired a PI, my uncle was still sleeping with the other woman and she had to act normal at home. She said to my mom that women must be smart not emotional. Of course she spent days grieving at our place after the divorce but I thought her strength was incredible to go through all of this.

I hope you will see the light at the end of your tunnel soon too!

So sorry to hear your sad story. Now all you can do is to start life again, and work hard and find a job. No choice. Word hard now for your children, and bring up your children well. when they grow up, I hope they will see how much u have sacrificed for them and take care of u. Anyway good luck finding a job. Try st jobs. Find job soon, at least start having savings now. Don't wait till too late to plan for yourself

Your Husband too smart already, nothing under his name, like my businessman Husband like that. But luckily for me I have support from my parents side and I own my own house and I have started to accumulate passive income. Also I insist on splitting my Husband /sole breadwinner salary and I save alot of money in my bank every month.

Men are scheming. We women have to be more

Hi all...
We married on 2003, we got 3 kids together. I never work before,graduate and married him and become a housewife. All these years, he also never gave me money or let me have my own saving. He will pass me a few hundreds and i need to wrote down what i spent and he will pass me money again and so on.
Life was ok even everyday always argue about money never enough.
My husband never want to buy any HDB or unit here. We always rent and stay in a condo,because he doesnt want to stay in HDB too. He is working for his wealthy parents at China every months for 18 days and he will back in town for at least 14 days before he go back to China again.
Since last year dec,on my bday he sent me the house hold bills! and asked me to shrimp on everything!i dnt have any make up,any luxury branded items,etc, yet he still asked me to be more frugal and early January i felt something wrong with him. He is not willing to spent any single cents on family anymore. Even go out for family outing to river safari, i have to use my son's red pocket money. CNY he doesnt take us to go out eat at restaurant which normally we always go out eat. He also always busy,he said he want to do something great before his 40th birthday on april.
The most on February and March,basically he is gone at 6.30am to sent kids to school,he said very nicely that he asked me to sleep more so he sent kids to school and followed by so many excuses like busy or going to temple for pray and many meetings and will show up at home after midnight!
I never suspected him because he always reply my whatsapp very fast and always sent me pics with all the friends he met up.I also busy taking care my 3 kids and fetch them from school and ferry them to tuitions.
On end of feb,he said he need go back to china for work and first he told me that he will be back again soon because we going to move to new house on early April and he only show up end of march for one weeks and still same pattern,morning gone sent kids to school and this time even worst,come back after 2-3am in the morning! And he gone again to China and left me and helper and kids to move house alone and he only gave me very little money to move house.
He show up on the 12nd april and im really mad,i cant handle my emotion anymore,i flare up and asked to divorce,actually that time i only pretend to scare him,he never agree and he keep telling me many stories and many lies. My in laws come to visit our new place a few days after he home and again he busy everyday with his parents.
But somehow i felt something wrong,i checked his passport and i found out that he back in town on 7th march but he never show up at home,he show up at home on 22nd march! where is he goes then?
so we keep argue and i keep asking whats going on,he never want to tell me,he said everything is over and that woman he sent back to China. Then he go back to china on 25th april until now he doesnt bother to call me or check on kids and he only gave us 2.5k for food,transport and buy kids things which are not enough.
while he at china,i keep digging and trying to find out whatever i can, before he left,he format our desktop and now everything gone,nothing left for me to check, he took away the phone bills and he change his mobile number. Later on i found out that woman already miscarriage and they went to holiday on 27th march till 11st april and spent 6k! and he bought that woman many branded items, the receipts that i can trace back already cost more then 30k within one months!! im really going crazy to found out all of this. I married him 14 years, i dnt have anything not even the paper bag, he bought that woman cartier love ring and love bangle,pandora,gucci,LV, etc. He so cunning,nothing under his name,he using his mom's credit card.
He doesnt paid my son's tuition money for two months,so i cant tahan and i made a call to my in laws and told them about their son. They said they will come in town and i waited more then 3 weeks,they still havent show up. They said they will come on early June. But because i made that call,my husband very angry and he wanted to divorce me now. He blocked me on his wechat and never bother to call or sms me or kids anymore.
After 14 years of our marriage,he told me that our marriage paper is fake because we marriage at abroad.
I told him,if not for kids i will be jump from the building already and he still told me if i wanna do that,make sure i really dead,because he wont pay for my medical bills.
I got no saving,he sent me money only $500 by $500, no property here too.
He also declare bankrupt since 2013. What should i do now? he doesnt bother to answer my call and all he said now that he is done with me. he want to treat me as a free nanny,he said i should be greatful for not sleeping on the street right now.so he asked me to be an uber mom. he asked me to work now,because he only will pay for my food and shelter and in the return i need to take care 3 kids.
I dont have money to hire lawyer and he is bankrupt here, if i divorce him now,what will i get?
but im felt in pain and the betrayal hurt me most. I even helped him pay his debt and i sold all my golds too.
For the sake of my 3 young kids,i dnt want divorce but i also cant accepted he treat me like this.
I wanted to move back to china but he doesnt allow me. he said if i dnt want take care kids,he can take kids back to china but he doesnt let me follow. he asked me to go back to my home town. Both of us are Singaporean since 10 years ago.
What he offer me now only that he will pay my condo rental and will pay for everything like kids tuition etc but he wont give me any single cent,except for food money. so if i need to buy anything,i need to go out and work. basically he only want to give me food and place to stay because i need to take care kids.
I felt really depressed and angry and sad. I have been talk to our neighborhood MP, she told me to ask for lump sum not given abit money day by day which he is not agree.The most he willing to send only $500 for food and transport and entertainment and buy kids things for one weeks.
Please give me some advise so i know what to do? also if i divorce,can he take the kids away from me? because i have no financial power while his parents are wealthy. Is that any place that i can go to ask for help? i have been to Police office, family justice court but not help me much.
Im alone here and im lost. Thank you so much for reading my rant. thank you

14yearsgone

I feel so sad to read yr life story. Though there are gaps in your story which u may hv missed out ...but fact is 14yrs have been lost n time to wake up..14yrs free housekeeper n nanny.

And because he's a businessman..there pretty not much u can do abt it even if your marriage is registered in singapore.

Furthermore..anything u do that might antagonise him.. that may lead him to may cut or reduce alloweances although your hubby will still eventually cut allowances though not at the moment. Unless..now you smart up... n start to dig from him or indirectly through your in laws..if you know what i mean.

Hope all the best for you n your kids... be strong n be SMART like his mistress..start digging gal.

God bless

Agree with Gladjo...we don't know if your marriage is registered in Singapore or China and even if your marriage is registered in Singapore, your hubby being a businessman...he can under declare his income and there's nothing much you can do about it. Even if you get a Lawyer, the lawyer cannot guarantee you that you can get compensation or certain sum of money for you. Plus, you have to pay your lawyer deposit first and this is not cheap. Maintenance Order lawyers charges between $3-6k and you yourself have to attend the Mediation sessions and write you own Affidavits , your lawyer isnt going to do all these for you.

This is my 5 cents thoughts though.

Back