Affair with prc woman

angst

We are singaporeans based in china for the past 10 yrs. For the past few yrs, my husband's attitude towards me had been lukewarm and i've attempted a few times to find out from him if there's any problem.Initially, his attitude gets slightly better but subsequently attempts to voice my frustrations fell on deaf yr. He's into computer games and I thought it's due to the addiction that's causing him to be so detached, both to myself as well as our children. Attempts to try to get intimate with him failed and i attributed it to his low drive. Never in my mind would I think that he will get into an affair. I had a rude shock during the festive season when the woman kept sending texts and called me on my mobile. We were in singapore then while she( a student in sgp) was back to china for the holiday. The contents of the texts were humiliating, some fake, some real. The main message put across is i shd withdraw from this loveless relationship, that he's staying for the children's sake.I was deeply hurt n shocked by this and confronted my husband on this. He was initially not reluctant to reveal whole truth but eventually did. She is 16yrs his junior. They met thru casual frens during drinkg session and over the span of 2 years get to know each other and he brought her on some of his business trips... The reason why the affair was eventually exposed was cos she started gettg paranoid of losing him and kept pestering him not to share the same roof as me. He couldnt take to the calls and sobbg and tried to break off with her but she threatened to expose the deed to the company and upload photos taken. He denied any indecent photos but yet was held hostage by the threats.. That's how it resulted to the vicious texts targeted at me everyday. She knew where we stayed in china and where my children studied. I was angry that our safety was possibly compromised as she'll be back in china again for 3 mths sch hol. Despite all these, he claimed that she's not into money and can tell that she really love him. I was pained by this as all this yrs, he had nvr pay attention to how i feel. Although he eventually chose us over her and plan to slowly break off with her( cool her off to minimize damage). My trust in him is gone and even though he denied that he's doing this for kids' sake, i am not reassured. Our relationship has over the yrs progressed frm rm mate to that of house mate so i knew where i stand. I been having difficulty sleeping lately as the moment i closed my eyes, i see images of them. I am very emotional lately but yet i cant breakdown in front of the kids n need to put up a brave front. He's now back to china while i postponed our trip back as i cant bear to go back w him at the moment. Today is valentine's day and i cant help but imagine the two celebratg it over there. The current plan was to bring the kids back here for gd for their education within the nxt few wks or till they finish their term in jun in china so as to ensure we are not harmed in any way. I really do not know if i can remain in the relationship as husband and wife in name only(long distance one as he will stay on for his career) for the sake of the children
or shd i ask for a divorce. I thot i can forgive and forget abt this but it seems difficult. I am also fearful of the prospect of handling thing singlehandedly when back be it divorce or not. Even though my sibling and fren had offered their support but it just isnt the same. I was a sahm since moving to china and i worry for my financial situation as well. I would really like to have some advises.

China PRC who seduce Singapore married man is a slut, bitch. I call them Bus3rd & the Bitch. My family was broken due to the slut, the Bus3rd had ran away from the family for 6 month currently staying in Geylang. The bus3rd is 45 year old who work in a bank with manager title & the bitch is 30 year old.I suspect the slut con him to buy property in China which he got no $$ and keep borrow $$ from the bank. Too many FTrash in Singapore, they are too lonely so seduce Singapore man dont care whether they are married or single.

Hi Sh, i'm a Singaporean working for the past 10+ years in China. I've seen and witnessed too many Singapore men (regardless of age, education, social status or looks) that had gotten involved with local ladies. Many of these men are what most people have known them as 好好先生 good men, but yet they strayed when opportunity arises. These affairs when comes to light, most end in divorces.

If you want to continue in this relationship, you must be prepared to put the past behind you and move forward with your husband. To remain in a loveless relationship is not going to be healthy for you and your children. Do not underestimate kids, they're able to feel your ups and downs, and this will affect them in such a unstable environment.

If D is really the road you plan to take, please try to gather as much evidence as you can including his financial status. This will justify your claim for alimony.

How old are your children? It will not be healthy for long term long distance relationship. Even if both of you intend to reconcile, the distance will hinder the reconciliation. There are international schools in China where you can consider enrolling your children.

Take this cooling period to sort out your thoughts. You've lived for the past 10 years for your children and unappreciative husband, it is now time to think what you really want. Love yourself more, not less. Not all is lost, you still have your lovely children, your supportive siblings and friends. They will be your pillar of support to walk you through, stay strong.

Hi cariebb,

Thanks for your msg, these past few days are really the darkest days of my life and i think i'm having symptoms of panic attack.

My kids are 7 and 12 and in fact the timIng is just right to bring them back here for their education. They are currently attending international sch there. This woman know my contacts in china and even where we stayed. Am not sure if she'll continue to harress me when i rtn or confront me.

Because of the way he's been treatg me, am actually seriously pondering over whether i shd bring the kids back even b4 the affair was exposed but was holdg back cos of the long distance relationship.Probably i wld feel much better if this was not known.. I just feel so betrayed n lost now. Will have a talk with him when i go back. If he's sincere and still hv feelgs for me, i think he shd be willing to give up his job n come back here together with us.

I thot i no longer hv much feelg for him and shdnt be affected too much by this . Didnt realised it hurt so much.

Hi qingqing,

We are both victims to these prc women. I really hated them to the core right now. Sometimes i really wonder if it's cos the foundation of our relationship is not strong enuff that gives them the chance.

Hi Sh,I had been married for more than 20 year, I have 2 boy who 18 & 16 year old. I never expect this happen to me. To outsider, he look like a 好好先生. I guess is the slut is too powerful on bed that why the bus3rd cant control himself and decided to run away with the slut. Now, I not only hate the PRC women, I hate their man too. I tried to boycott their service whenever I can. Btw, their service is suck...they just want to take advantage on us on everything.

I was in the lala land for the past, did not dress myself as he alway said lost $$ in share. My income help to him to support the family result I do not have any saving & extra $$ to dress myself. Thanks god, I able to standup stronly with my own family support. I will remain strong and be pretty for the next 20 years of my life.

I happened to be looking for information for a preschool to send my 18mths daughter, when I chance upon this forum and thread.

I have worked in Shanghai for half a decade and came back to a different SG. Seriously, I really feel sorry for you and it is a reminder for me to avoid random thoughts outside the relationship I care a lot for with my wife.

But I need to say this and I say it because I am a man. Those who strayed are typically those who are not prepared for girls who are more initiative. Whether they are going for a better life or just a business transaction, you cannot put the sole blame on the 3rd party. Men have a choice all the time, consciously.

You have to see the man which you have chosen to marry as a simple man on the street, and you will start to understand that without the emotional coating you are wrapping around him, he is probably deserving of the confidence that you will place on any other guy who is stupid enough to think lightly of the family he has built and brought up.

Sorry for the hurt, but like a man, he must continue to bear responsibility for the family he has broken

My sil also relocate to SH for 3 yrs and her hb also went astray to a PRC. That lady even went out together with my sil family as a "fren"! My mil noticed something is amis then alerted my sil and only then the truth is out. Both are having an affair! Now back in SG they are divoiced and my sil got to take care her 2 boys.

Back