Advise on SO-IUI vs IVF?

ttc_bb

Hi there! I'm a mum to a 3 year old Girl. I have tried to conceive again (for more than a year) but have no luck.

I failed my 1st SO-IUI cycle at KKH which was recently done on 10th March 08. I called up to the clinc on monday when my period came. *Sigh - very sad : ( The nurse actually suggested me to consider for IVF instead. Should i try SOIUI again or go straight to IVF? (Higher chances) i'm at loss...

Btw, anyone going through IVF @KKH? I was wondering if you could give me some advice, suggestions on what the whole process involves and how much I should be willing to fork out (everything included). Are you happy with your treatment and which doctor are you seeing at KKH?

Just any advice at all will be very very much and gratefully appreciated. = )

Hi there Baby123,

I can only say there's a time & place for everything. I've been ttc#1 for 3 years now but unsuccessful. Hubby & i hv no problems.

Hi Baby123,

i went to see doc SF LO at KK? how about u?he ask me to do IVF instead of SOIUI cos chance higher. Don't dissapointed...

hi,
i'm mom to a 2 year old :> Conceived via SO-IUI. Now trying for 2nd one, did not succeed via IUI. Probably will try IVF next, and thinking of KKH. Looking forward to hearing some advice too.

Hi Joyce ,

Currently, i'm seeing Dr HH Tan at KKH. I'm going to see him again next week to discuss whether i should try SOIUI again or go straight to IVF. Probaly i will try IVF as the chances is higher. Are you going for IVF too at KKH?

Hi Schnappi,

Our diagnosis was unexplained infertility. After going thru so much failure, both of us are emotionally & physically stressful. We even thought of giving up but we know that our 3 yr old girl really want a sibling so we continue to keep trying & hope that miracle happen.

Hi Baby123,

have happy tots & do relax. i was really stress out over this bb issue for the past 6-7 mths until i couldn't detect my ovulation.That really freak me out so i learn to let go & thank goodness, i was able to detect my O last 2 months. I've done an IUI b4 but was unsuccessful. Like u, i was devastated until someone told me there's a time & place for everything & most importantly, when we BD, we must do it with love & not for the sake of having bb. I've changed my mindset since.I'm still trying though. Actually, also tot of going for another round of IUI or even IVF but the tot of it really stress me out. I was extremely stress out during the last time when i did my IUI. Baby123, remember to relax so that our hormones will be balance 'cos an imbalance hormone can also lead to infertility. I'm very sure ur conceive v soon. Lots of babydust to u & of course for myself too..hee hee
happy.gif

Hi baby123, u may wanna read some of the different threads under ur area of concern to find out more information. Dun stress okie?
Relaxxxxxxx....all the best!

Hi All
I attempted IVF without going thru IUI on recommendation by Dr...successful on first attempt...now 37 weeks+ pregnant.. For those of you thinking of higher success rates should also consider TCM + accu...as it helps prepare your body for conceiving. I am with Dr SF Loh KKIVF and he is highly recommended if you are okay with the long waiting queue as he is very popular...all the best to you all trying to conceive.

Baby123 - cost for IVF depends on whether you are on private or subsidised rates...KK shd be reasonable...it is not cheap but you are defray the fees with medisave..the nurse at the IVF centre is able to brief you on your first few visit..if you need more information let me know

Dear All,
I am envious you girls could easily have bb..
I have gone thru 2 SO-IUI in this year. and I conceived successfuly in both tried but too bad it didnt attached to my uterus (implantation). so I had twice bio chemical pregnancis.. i am very very sad! I prayed so much n now I almost lost my faith to God! :~(

Loli, dun be sad. at least you conceived, so there is hope. just tiao your body before you embark on your next soiui, i am sure the next time round, you will be successful.

for me - i went thru 2 unsuccessful soiui, the second one, i had to abandon one day prior to the iui, as the womb linning just collapsed. i am still hanging in here and still trying...

dear all,

me oso trying since last jan'07 by naturally but thinking of IVF...my son now 22mths, took 4yrs' of clomid than got him but lost my younger twin during pregnancy due 2 no heart beat....
gg back 2 KKH tis month 2 c my gynae (DR. H C Han), the last visit begged him for clomid...ended kana scoldings from him still he got prescribe 1 cycle of clomid...still failed!
i'm 39 tis yr n my target conceive another BB before 40.....
myself has poor ovualutn & my husband got abnormal sperms (1head w/several tails' sperms) and he's only sole bread winner, we facing STRESS from in-laws critics.
Can any mummies here tell me, must change of gynae if I'm gg 4 IVF ?

wow u took 4 yrs of clomid.. i tried since 2005 took 1 yr plus or maybe more of clomid already..your gynae actually allow you to go for 4 years?

I was "conned" by Dr.Cheng Chew Ping @ Mt. E for 3yrs n he refused me 2 go for test-tube, IVF, IUI,etc...which was my requests! He insisted tt I shld con't taking clomids! Trusted him yet .....
In 2004, I was retrenched w/out any benefits then my buddy gf told me 2 go p/clinic n get referal letter 4 KKH.....IN 2005, I took 1cycle(didn't complet the cycle of tablets consuming) of clomid n oso got appt for IVF then naturally I was concieve in Oct'05.
Now, hoping n wanting 2 tried IVF, IUI, test-tube treatments...can mummies here tell me which treatment(s) cheaper? I knw all these treatments r not 100% successfully @ 1st strike. Wanted 2 go chinese TCM gynae who is head of Tong Ji Hospital for infertile dept...her after office hours based in Race Course Road or Tampines Interchange.....i learnt from my gf tt her co-worker went 2 c her n was conceive less than 1yr (this couple married 10yrs, tried no kids). She now me tt everytime MUST couple go n c the gynae for every visits....I'm SAHM but my husband's company can neber allow him 2 take such kinda leave......Hai ya, very heacache lor!!!

Hi ladies,
I am planning for SO-IUI this time..been trying for close to 2 yrs after my first chemical miscarriage.

Any pointers?
Are there many side effect?

ah_kat

Jamie,

Answering yr question:
Superovulation & Intrauterine Insemination (SO-IUI)

What Is Superovulation & Intrauterine Insemination (SO-IUI)?
Superovulation is a procedure where two to three ovarian follicles (eggs) are stimulated and brought to maturation and ovulation.
It is usually combined with intrauterine insemination in which the prepared sperms are placed directly into the uterus. This procedure will enhance conception for the couple.

Who Is Suitable For SO-IUI?
Any couple who has unexplained infertility, mild male factor infertility, cervical factor infertility and mild endometriosis can undergo this procedure. The patient must have normal fallopian tubes and her husband should have sufficient good quality sperms.

If the husband requires chemotherapy or radiotherapy for cancer treatment, he may have his sperms cryopreserved (frozen) for future use by this procedure.

How Is The Procedure Done?
The procedure is done on an outpatient basis.

Fertility drugs are given for 10 days or more to produce between two to three mature follicles. These drugs may be either injections (gonadotrophins) alone or a combination of tablets (Clomiphene) and injections. Ultrasound scans are done at intervals to determine the number and size of the follicles before another injection (HCG) is given for final maturation and subsequent ovulation of these follicles.

On the day of the insemination, the couple has to bring the husband's semen sample to the hospital. The semen is prepared and the motile fraction is then placed into the uterus using a fine catheter through the cervix.

The patient is then started on medications to help improve the chances of implantation and thus pregnancy. A blood test (serum progesterone) is taken seven days after the insemination to monitor the effectiveness of these medications. The patient should return to KKIVF 17 days after the insemination for a pregnancy test.

Useful Information
Success rates (KKIVF rates)

Natural conception in a fertile couple aged about 35 years old occurs about 15% per month. When infertility factors are present, this is much reduced.

SOIUI improves the chances of conception for infertile couples and the average success rate is about 12-15% per cycle or 26% per patient after 3 cycles.

The overall success rate varies with the cause of infertility and the age of the female partner. For some conditions, the pregnancy rate can be as high as 36% per patient.

Disappointment & Risks

Occasionally, a superovulation cycle may be discontinued because of poor response or over response with too many follicles developing. Other disappointments include miscarriages and ectopic pregnancies (a pregnancy occurring inside the fallopian tube).

it is recommended not to use medisave for so-iui as the fees are much afforable than ivf.. Another reason is per couple can only use medisave to pay for fertility treatments of not more than 3x.. First deduction 6k, follow by 5k and last 4k.. so-iui estimate cost is 2.5k whereas ivf cost 10k..

hi i've been scheduled for my first ivf appointment at kkh in next 2 weeks. been trying for 3 years, hub and i no problems, took clomid for 3 cycles still no results. gyn recommend straight to ivf. mentally prepared for it but i don't know how it'll be physically and emotionally, perhaps, someone who has gone thru the process could enlightened further.

i'm greatly encouraged as an acquaintance i know with more serious problems than me went thru the process and are now expecting with triplets. so, very motivating for me..

anyone can share their journey at kkivf? thanks..

Merlenna,

I gotten 2 know 1 mummy from tis smh gone thru IVF and her gal gal now 22mths old(same age with my son).......Her IVF done in Mt.E
I asked her few nite ago when we chat online(yahoo).....the procedure sounds SIONG 2 me......and very costly......she pay abt 20K ! She's lucky lor.....1st treatment and gave birth 2 her 22mths old gal gal.

If u need her advices, PM me......

Mimi

Hi Merlenna
I have just delivered a baby girl thru KKIVF on first attempt... me and hubby also trying to conceive for more than 3 years before we decided to go with KKIVF due to their high success rates. If your age is a factor...dr will advise straight to IVF as it will eliminate all the male and fermale fertility issues.

I started my IVF journey in Mar 2007 coupled with TCM treatments and one year on I am happy to bring home my baby girl..when you are going thru the procedures, just stay positive and manage your expectations.

Emotionally, u will require lots of support from your hubby and you have to be mentally prepared for the series of procedures/injections (once you started just follow them one step at a time - the IVF centre nurses will advise you what to do).

u will be subject to HSG test to check your fallopian tubes...social counselling to handle failure in procedures...blood tests, us scans etc and you do not get to see your dr at the initial stages of the procedures...normally the dr will be involve when you eggs are ready for removal and embroyo transfer. this will follow with 2 weeks of waiting period before you are schedule for preganancy test.

While it may sound very clinical with IVF, I believe the success rates will depend on whether your body is ready for conceiving, and the skills of the doctor administering the procedure.

Do let me know if you need more information as I will try my very best to answer them.

Hi

I have start a thread What your doc may not tell you about
Premenopause; Balance your life and hormone from thirty to Fifty. This is actually a title of the book written by Dr John Lee MD, and Dr Jesse Hanley Lee.

In the book, it mentioned clomid, birth control pill, infertility, fibroid, PCOS, endometriosis. How to help yourself.

It is good for women to read to educate themselves. Menopause take about 10-15 years before the actual event. I read in some thread some of you mentioned you experience one or few symptom relating to be former. It is true. Estrogen dominance is the word.

In this book it mentioned about our menstrual cycle. lst half of the mense cycle, estrogen is the main hormone (to built lining in preparation of pregnancy). 2nd half is progesterone. It is only release when during ovulation. We will still have menses even though there is no egg released. But when there is no ovulation, no progesterone is released, then you will go into estrogen dominance. Progesterone is needed to maintain pregnancy to full term.

Please take note that progestin is not progesterone. Progesterone is needed to counter the effect of estrogen. It is need for other functions as well.

I am a user of natural progesterone for a few years. I am using natural balance to apply to my body as the absorption through skin is faster and effective. I need about a a teaspoon. Thru oral, it will have to pass through the liver. I suffered from estrogen dominance. (Please to the thread in Matter of heart).

Hi there

Just to let you know. a lady in her mid twenties complained that her doc say she in premenopause. I thought the term permenopause is used only for lady from 30 onward. But I am wrong. So premenopause happen to any age. Her problem is hormonal imbalance (estrogen dominance). Read my thread What your doc may not tell.......

Her problem I guess she had not been ovulating (so no progesterone to balance too much estrogen. It is work of the 2nd hormone (progesterone) when the menses is to come when no conception take place.

I paste for your attention

Mar 20 2008, 05:24 PM Post #1041 | Print

Baby Podder

Group: Podders

Hi girls,

I'm new to this forum and it's really fun to see everything that you all have posted.

I've been trying for a baby for close to a year now, but no luck. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) Saw a gynae in Jan cause I was wondering why 3 months no period and yet pregnancy test kit says not pregnant. He gave me an injection to induce the menses and after that month, I've stopped having my period again. I thought I was pregnant (like finally) but then, false alarm. I went to take some sort of blood test and the doc said i was like.. Premenopausal. Like what is that!!!! I'm in my mid twenties, so how can I be menopausal right? I'm kinda worried, cause I'm superly dying to have a baby!

I've tried almost everything. From counting my date of ovulation, to putting up my legs against the wall for half an hour after sex, to drinking yucky chinese medication. But it seems none of these are helping me! MIL has been hinting that I should give her a grandchild soon. (she managed to conceive just one month after her marriage. Why do some girls have it so easy) I'm superly upset that it's taking so long for me while my friends are alrdy inviting me to their baby's "man yue"
unquote

hi baby123

I did one so-iui privately and produced more than 45 eggs. So doc told me I could convert to IVF or throw away the eggs. Of cos we decided to proceed with IVF(ICSI).

I was lucky to conceive my gal on my first attempt. Sought so many TCM and doctors for more than 8 yrs but all could not help and told me to go for so-iui and ivf since tcm and clomid did not work for me. It is very sad to hear all these whenever they told me and i nearly gave up till i met this tcm lady at jurong east who gave me the encouragement.

My gal is 2 now and I still cannot ovulate. Menses come about 3-4 times a year, even worst!

So we will probably go for frozen ivf to have another bb or more since i still have about 16 embryos. In the meanwhile i hope to be able to ovulate with the help of clomid again.

KKH is cheaper. You should ask the staff for the cost. The younger you are the chances of success rate is higher, so dun waste time if you really have to go for so-iui or ivf.

I think I spent about $15k, excluding medisave, with Dr. Fong at Paragon.

Try to go for TCM for 2-3 months to build up ya womb before going for ivf or so-iui.

You can PM me if you need a lending ear. Me has been thru a long long journey so can understand the frustration of infertility for women.

Hi PebbleS,

Really surprised that SO-IUI treatment can result in 45 eggs! Do you remember the daily injection dosage you did when you conceive your darling 2 years ago?

I am on Clomid and Metformin for the past 2 cycles but both times the 1 egg was sub-optimal. As I am very anxious to have a baby, my gynae said to try SO-IUI at 50mg dosage daily. He told me ladies on IVF treatment starts with 300mg daily dosage.

Did you go to Ying Chuan TCM at Jurong East (near IMM)? Do you feel your 1st pregnancy was due partly to her chinese medicine? The reason y I ask is because I went to consult her twice and stopped. 1st reason for stopping is I can't stand the chinese medicine (very bitter and made me nauseous), the 2nd reason was that she keep recommending western gynae to me.

Hope you can share your experience. This is the 1st time I use the womenhood forum. Feeling very lost and husband is too busy with work. By the way, I am 31yrs old.

ruru

I am ard ya age too
happy.gif
Yes, my gyn was shocked to see so many follicles during scanning!!!!

My dosage for the injection was not high, only 75mg ley and thus suffered with so many eggs, horrible OHSS and put on protein drips and ate about 20 eggs whites daily, could not lie down to sleep, could not walk/ eat, etc. for about 10 days. And my gyn initially thought of not putting the embryos back due to my condition and suggested freezing them till weeks later.But dun worry, my case is very rare as most are considered very lucky if they can produce 10 follicles.

Yup, went to yin chuan. dun think my pregnancy is due to her, but having a strong womb, lining is vital too. She is also honest to tell me that for my case, hard to ovulate with tcm.

Have you done any laproscopy on any relevant tests? TCM will definately ask you to go through these.

It is very far to travel to Yin chuan and I am one lazy one to travel. But an unknown strength told me I have to see her, despite the long journey. I love bitter medication
happy.gif

There are people who manage to conceive but failed during implantation due to womb lining, etc. So That's why I feel it is good to build up ya body before embarking on this lonely journey.

clomid and metformin did not work for me, even at the highest dosage.

I understand your frustration but dun give up hope. People like me can conceive so you still have a chance. Dun wait till you are much older and the success rates will dip.

Hi PebbleS,

Thanks for replying. Ehh, I don't know what laproscopy means, but I did have a polyp removed during day surgery last month and my gynae checked my fallopian tubes and both were unblocked.

He said my lining is good when he checked for my eggs during the last 3 cycles, so I guess my only problem is "where is my egg?" ha..ha..

I am very glad you share your TTC journey with me. I have this secret fear that since clomid and metformin doesn't work work for me, maybe the fertility injections won't too!

I won't be greedy, I don't need 45 eggs, just 2-3 eggs enough lah. I am starting my fertility injections next friday, will keep u posted.

Btw, you mentioned that "there are people who manage to conceive but failed during implantation due to womb lining", will your gynae be able to pinpoint the reason for the failure? I thought after the IUI, wait 2 weeks then check with gynae whether pregnant only? Sorry, maybe sound abit ignorant.

When are you going for your IVF for your 2nd darling? Good luck to you.

pebbles
i was in the same situation as you. Converted my SO-IUI to IVF. thought I was the only one who had encountered this. My doc was afraid that I have OHSS. so doing a FET now.

anyway, i was on 5 rounds of clomid, 1 round of SO-IUI. All failed. so now very worried that IVF will fail also..
sad.gif

hi ML
I was really fortunate that despite having the worst ohss, my experienced gyn let me go for the fresh transfer instead of FET. so

How many eggs for your ER? So you have how many suitable frozen embryos? I still have 16 good frozen embryos.

At least ya SO-IUI is succeesful enough to convert to ivf! Cos it means you managed to produce the follicles.

Where are you doing ya FET?
happy.gif

pebbles
yap. So glad that things worked out for you and you have a girl now...

my eggs no good leh.. i got only 5 frozen. got 60 over folicles but only 15 eggs and 5 fertilised. Should be sometime in May. if fail, will have to redo the entire cycle.
sad.gif
I'm with TMC. was only 112.5 dosage.

ML,
Have u try TCM in Tong Ji Hospital ? I'm seeing Dr.Xu from the infertile dept....during her off hours, she works in either Race Course Rd or Tampines Bus Terminal Medical Halls.

Me, I'm seeing TCM for "retune" my body system and oso taking clomid......

ML
Wow, mine was 75ml. Could not imagine if my amount was higher! This is the first time I have heard of someone who has more follicles than me....hee. But why did ya doc start at this amt?

Ya, i am very very blessed after so much pain, money and time taken away from me though.

I doubt clomid will work for me again. Last time took at highest dosage for 2 rounds of 6 cycles did nt help. some woman are resistant to clomid and I am one, just like you. suay ya?
sad.gif

PM me ya news k? Scared i have no time to hop into this thread.

How much do u have to pay for FET? what is the success rate?

at least you have 5 fertilised! though I have 16 fertilised, after thawing, dunno if they are still good for transfer anot.

pebbles
ha ha.. i started at 75 also for the first cycle. second cycle, he wanted more than 1 egg, so he gave higher dosage loh... But who knows, all the eggs grew at the same time..

huh? clomid worked for me leh.. as in i manage to ovulate using clomid, 50 mg only. but it just didn't work...

Aiyo.. that's what I'm worried abt also.. dunno if after thawing still can use or not..

dunno how much is the FET? I haven't calculate yet.

btw, mine not the worst case, i heard of 1 lady who had 100 over folicles on very low dosage. in the end she had 50-60 eggs but only 6 fertilised. But she blessed with twins liaoz...

mrslewmimi
i'm seeing TCM at AMK liaoz.. thanks for the advice.
happy.gif

Jamie
if you do not get a positive opk from the day that your doc ask you to start testing, they will do a scan to see if your egg is still there.

if you get a positive OPK, they will do a blood test abt 1 week after that to determine if you have ovulated properly or not.. Hope this helps!
happy.gif

Hi ML

Thanks for sharing. I think I'm like you. I ovulate with clomid and have positive OPK but just can't get pregnant. But my gynae doesn't do blood test after that. What's your usual menses cycle like(without clomid)

jamie
clomid did not work for me for many many cycles years ago because i did not ovulate.

Do you know i was very happy when I had a positive for OPK when I tried clomid again last month??????????? The sad part was that when I went to clinic for blood test to see if i had ovulated, they said I did not ovulate! What a false alarm.

Hi everyone,

Just abit curious about the issue of taking the clomid, ovulating and taking blood test.

Ehh, when I took clomid (100mg) and metformin for 2 cycles, I went to let my gynae check on the 12th day from the 1st day of my menus. Both times he did an ultrascan to check the womb lining thickness (apparently too thin fertilised egg can't implant well) and to check the quantity of the egg and the measurement of the egg (apparently 20mm diameter is consider good egg-size). Unfortunately, both time my 1 single egg is around 15mm (and I never have a positive on the OPK). So may I know what is the blood test for hah?

Hi Jamie, if you ovulate with clomid but still can't get pregnant, you can ask your gynae whether he/she recommend IUI for you. in IUI, your HB's sperms are cleaned (separated from the semen) and inserted directly into the womb area bypassing the vagina area (apparently conceiving factors such as the gravity, acidity of the vagina, the sperm quality are eliminated thru' the use of IUI, thus increasing chance of pregnancy).

You are very lucky that you can ovulate with clomid. How I envy you becos SO-IUI and IVF are all expensive fertility treatments..sigh... but no choice leh.

Hi, PebbleS. So sorry that it was a false alarm for you last month.

Hi ML, I am starting my 1st SO-IUI treatment this month. You mentioned that you started with 75mg and only got 1 good egg? My gynae wants to start me on 50mg so maybe I get only 1/2 egg? Ha.. ha..Did your gynae tell you the reason for the failure of the 1st SO-IUI? Btw, did you do the fertility injection yourself? Is it fuss-free and relatively ez? Abit scared leh.

To keep my mind from obsessing over my infertile issue, I just kept a female kitten 3days ago and now so bz taking care of her that I feel more at peace with myself.

Everyone, please take care!

ruru_cat
I guess the dosage depends on your body's reaction and it is a case by case basis. Yap. I was doing the jabs myself. Very easy to do and relative painless. Just don't jab too low on your tummy, will cause bruising. Can't remember what the doc say abt the first SO-IUI liaoz..

With regards to the blood test after ovulation, it measures the progesterone levels. Sometimes, even with a postive OPK, there might not be an ovulation. So the blood test will tell if ovulation has really occured and if the ovulation is good.

erm.. with regards to the kitten, there are some things which you must remember to do after handling it especially the poo as it can contain parasites that can cause toxoplasmosis (can be carried by all warm-blooded animals, just that cats are more prone to be carriers) which is harmful to the foetus.

Remember to wash your hands after touching it. Try to keep your cat indoors so that they have less contact with animals outside and don't feed the kitten raw meat.

Sorry if i have dampened your mood.. but just like to highlight some precautions to take while handling the kitten. I have a dog and I am also practicing the same precautions. just to be on the safe side.
happy.gif

Hi ML,

Thanks for your concern. Actually the kitten is my 3rd cat already. I am a cat fanatic hee..hee..

I know about the toxoplamosis 10years ago when I 1st kept my 1st cat (but thanks a million for the information). When I started my fertility treatment, I went for a blood test to check for the virus (in case I am a silent carrier).

My gynae even more extreme, he told me not to touch the cats as the cat licks the anus after poo-poo then licks itself so the fur also have. I just kept quiet.

My 3 cats are all indoor cats as they are so gullible and friendly. I think if I let them roam, sure won't come home one. Ha..ha..

I think I know why I don't have any blood test done so far as both time I only have sub-optimal eggs so no point checking on progesterone levels.

Glad to hear that the injections are not too bad. Will keep you posted on my SO-IUI. Many good luck for your IVF also.

ruru cat
hee hee.. paisei paisei.. thought you just started keeping the kitten. Good luck for your SO-IUI also!
happy.gif

Hi ML
Do you have to inject yourself for 10 days? I did IUI once w clomid. Re: "the sperm quality are eliminated thru' the use of IUI" not sure if that's the case cos my understanding is it just eliminate the slow swimmers.

Hi Jamie,

Ehh, paiseh. That is what my gynae told me and my understanding based on internet knowledge of IUI.

I am supposed to inject myself from Day 2 (after menses start) to around Day 14. Meanwhile I am going to gynae on Day 7 to check progress of egg growth. The gynae will inform me when i need to do IUI. I am starting my 1st injection on friday. Will keep u posted.

Btw, you mentioned that you did IUI with clomid once, so it wasn't sucessful? Can your gynae tell you the reason for the failure? Or the gynae just tell you not successful?

jamie
sorry for the late reply. Yap. have to inject myself for a certain number of days before the doc checks and adjust the dosage.

i think thru iui, only the good swimmers are used. The doc will give you a report on how many of the sperms were used and of what grade.

HI RuRu
re: IUI with clomid (after that failed, i decided to rest 2 cycles before consulting gynae) So I dont know the reason yet.

Hi ML
If good swimmers are used - does that distingush between the normal and abnormal ones?

Hi, sorry to be asking this, does anyone have doc telling you your womb lining is thin? what can be done? I had 2 miscg previously.. long story... got endometriosis, PCOS, mild thyroid.. my current fertility doc ask me go for SO IUI. i did the hystreoscopy and he said my womb lining was thin although no scar but he didnt mention how thin. any ways to increase the thickness? my doc say it might increase when i start taking hormone to simulate the follicles but i'm really worried if this was the actual cause of my previous miscg. except taking thyroid medi did alot blood test, nothine else is done, i'm afraid my current status is not any better than before..

sigh got so many small prob here and there yet doc cant pinpoint which is exact reasons and what can be done... i'm feeling rather loss and insecure.. we are worried IUI cost and that even if it works, whether i have prob keeping it for 9 mths... can anyone share with me whether there are any other method to check the thickness of the lining and on day what?

createjoy, i did soiui before, and from what i observed, the womb linning thickens as the egg grows, and all these happen as i move into my injections about Day 8 - 10. at the start, the linning will build up slowly....

my RE also monitored my womb linning by giving me lower does of jabs over a longer period, so the womb linning can take its time to build up. every scan, my RE will measure the linning as well as the egg sizes, and adjust the dose of the jabs accordingly.

why dun you give soiui a try? it's not that scary...

hi thistle, i did soiui this month. was surprised that ovaluation occurred D8 and had iui on D9. had clomid iui before and it was ard D13/14 when iui procedure is performed. do you know if is it common that ovaluation will occur earlier when on injection?

Back