Advise on Baby & Maid Exps

celtricia,
any 'happening' happen before she run away?
Any signs?
YOur outstanding loan will be down the drain or wat? how old is she?

celtricia - hope u find your maid soon *hugz*

bbcutie - i thought she sound alright till i saw your post about the kids thing.
so have or dun hav? hmmm....
then the ex-ployer whom u managed to speak to, got say why they didnt extend her after 2 yrs?

vent
- i just went home to spot check this morning.
i *quietly* open the door and step into the house.
my maid was in the kitchen talking on her hp using handsfree. so stylo hor!
my girl is being left alone lying on the floor watching tv.
can't wait to send my maid away!

Celtricia - who is the someone? The agent? Well, you have kids and yr mom is the sole caregiver, so the maid is allowed to go to her plc.

but having said that, i know something. Stat** said to me before that as long as the maid washed the toilet / clean the house in yr mom's or inlaws house and the employers will be in breach. My argument is that the elders look after the children...so if we dont give the maid work to do, then should they stand there and watch ah-ma looking after the kids and she dont have to lift her finger in anything else. This just doesnt make sense. But she said that, the MOM pple will ask the maid questions like, did you wash the toilet at ah-ma house, did you clean the furniture blar blar...and as long as one answer is YES, we are in breach. And becos of this - Stat** is so yaya papaya - that she threatens to wash her hands off my case cos at the end of the day, my stake is higher than hers! I am v unpleased with such business attitude.

Jo,
I let my maid keep her WP, on her off day she can send money back home using Western Union. I also let her keep her own bank book. For her passport, I keep for her.

BelMum,
You mean you attended the compulsory Employer Orientation Course at MOM ? Thanks for sharing with us. Do you mind if I include your comments about the course in my blog ? Don't worry you will remain anonymous.
happy.gif

eileen,
The maid is not from Statxx. Its from Globxx.
In fact, I am not very comfortable with the hp thing. Very worried that she might not concentrate on her work with all the smsing. Regarding the kids part, I asked my mum whether the maid looks like she has given birth. My mum said don't look like. So maybe the ex-employer remembered wrongly?

Pucca,
There is no negative comment from her ex-employer. Said she is good and responsible. That was from 2001 - 2003.

She has another employer from 2004 - 2006. But I could not track the contact number as their number is unlisted I thk.

Liana,
Can understand that she can use her hp all night but she has to finish her next day work as scheduled. But what if she don't have enough rest and cannot execute her work well? There is still a risk there. Right?

My mum and hb is against the idea of hp lor.......

celtricia
If your maid has an outstanding loan, it's most likely she can't go back unless somebody absorb her outstanding loan. She has to be transferred cos maid won't have money to repay the outstanding loan. I don think agency will be so kind to do absort also. If u still insist to send her back, then u may lose the outstanding loan. Bobian loh, it works this way..

Regarding the working for 2homes thingy, as long as maid is working for one household at any one time, it's ok. And the 'other household' must be where u send your kids to, ie. your mom's place. Cannot be other people's place. Ie. if she goes to your mom's house and do housework for your mom, then u cannot ask her to do housework for your house on the same day ie. no duplicate of housework in a day. The rationale of this ruling is to pretend employers for exploiting the maid and overwork the maid. Hope this info helps.

Cutie...she is an old bird already. You can't possibly stop her from having HP if you want to employ her. Good that she has finished contract with her 2 previous employers. In the end, it all boils down to how mature and responsible is the maid. My first phil maid, she has HP (in fact we gave her), has every Sun off, but yet she never took advantage of our trust and deliver her work diligently.

I would take her, if your assessment is she could work. But remember to state your terms regarding the use of HP.

mama G, no signs.. juz tat she asked for her allowance frm my hb tat was supposedly agreed tat we keep it for her.. hb din tink it was a big deal so he juz gave lor.. since its only $20..

eileen10, no.. not agent, not embassy..but juz a word of caution on wat ur maid cld do even though she is fresh in SG.. and am not worried abt the wrking in 2 hms tingy.. as even if she did minor hse wrk at mum plc.. once she reach my hm she dun even nid to do a single hsewrk, juz put my ger to bed n she cld slp..

PinkTweet, its quite complicated abt the $$ issue.. but well will let u ladies noe once all is over.. but am sure i will send her bak for gd..

Thanks ladies for ur concern..

Anyway right now, hope i can get a replacement soon... coz i get quite tired tis days so can't do w/o maid.. n agent say she got 2 biodatas on hand for me to interview.. so hope i can get the right one tis round.. sigh..

ya, agree with suzie. No hp rule can only work on newbies .. Old bird won't take that .. she knows what and how to bargain . . and she knows how to ride on her good experiences ..

Oh dear mummies. I am all wrong.

I thk the ex employer (Ong family) remember wrongly. Actually Mr Ong told me there is one who finish contract is good. Another one who din finish is so so.... When I ask him abt this maid, he said so so, din finish contract. And then said he not too sure abt maid thing. Gave me Mrs Ong hp to call and check. Mrs Ong initially can't recall cos she said the names very similar. Maybe she refer to the wrong maid as the good maid.

Thanks to Jo who ask for the WP# from agent. Agent gave me the WP# and I check online myself from office. U will be surprise.

Her employment history:-

Employer 1 --> 28 Jun 02 - 17 Dec 03 --> 18mths (Thk should be the Ong family)
Employer 2 --> 30 Oct 04 - 10 Apr 06 --> 18mths
Employer 3 --> 10 Apr 06 - 27 Jun 06 --> 2.5mths
Employer 4 --> 22 Jul 06 - 3 Nov 06 --> 4mths
Employer 5 --> 3 Nov 06 - 20 Dec 06 --> 1.5mths
Employer 6 --> 20 Dec 06 - 18 Oct 07 --> 11mths
Employer 7 --> 18 Oct 07 - present --> 10mths

Agent gave me Employer 7 contact number. I called to check. No more outstanding loan. Employer return her to agency because they decided to engage a full time babysitter to babysit their baby. Employer told me the maid can do her housework. So I ask abt the hp thing. Employer said she is not sure because she is not at home during daytime so didn't know what the maid is doing. But she said she observed that the maid started to use the HP at 8pm (after dinner) everyday after she finishes all her chores which employer do not mind since she has already finished her work.

Well I see a problem there if I hire her cos my boy usually sleeps around 8 - 8.30pm. And the maid has to put him to sleep. If this is her usual time to use the hp, how can she put my boy to sleep??

Furthermore, look at her employment history stated above. Who dares to hire her???

I will give this one a miss definitely.

PinkTweet,
My current maid has 6 years working exp in Sg. She can work without hp and without off days. She never complain abt hp and off days to me. She do all the housework and childcare as given. Just that she is slow and forgetful. Otherwise, I find that she is ok. (with her work). With her personality, I dun trust her.

CSI_Fan, think i will be in the same boat as your father...these agents are like that. if no 'updates' then u will be left wondering what has happened. we r the ones who have to call them. there is no customer value services at all.
the agent told me the maid would get her passport last friday...
babycutie, it's not easy to restrain those 'experienced' ones from using h/p. i told my ex maid that she can use when my daughter wasn't around and she has finished her work but guess what, she will on the speaker and chat away with her friends while 'looking after' my daughter. i saw this on the camera at home and could hear her speaker phone clearly.

babycutie,

same... my maid also no compliant.. but very slow and forgetful...and very easy going on housework such as dishes not clean, handwash clothes smelly and etc... otherwise, she is ok.
should i change her? ladies, pls give your views.
thou give me no problem but got maid like no maid, things still unclean... and kids dont like her... my 3 yr old gal claims she is smelly. My 8mth old boy refuse to let her carry

hey Bee, can share what kind of camera you use? Coz while there are 2 maids at my parent's place (one is mine, the other is my dad's to help my grandma), I'm thinking of putting a camera at my parent's place...just for a while. coz both maids are newly employed (mine is ex-Sin, the other is fresh).

mama G,
Thk my current maid is better than yours. The house is clean although not as clean as we expect. I demand her to bath twice per day cos she has BO. I bought PO powder for her to use.

Both my kids like her.

Mummies, agent gave me an ex-kuwait's biodata and i will b calling her to interview.. but do u ladies tink an ex-kuwait will b so willing to come bak SG to wrk wif no off day? shldn't her expectation b higher? coz agent say tis maid is eager to come bak sg to wrk n dun mind no off day, salary same as fresh, n dun mind wrking 2 hms.. moreover.. she got Bachelor of Arts leh..

Watz ur opinion?

ladies, i just emailed the agent. she tells me these maids have to take turns to make their passport...whatever that means? anyway she is buying more time, ask me to give her 1 more week and she will call everyday to check. ya right after everytime i call or email her then she will check...faint...

celtricia,
sorry to hear about your maid. think she will go back to agency soon once she used up her $20. hope your maid will come back soon.
as for your this new maid's biodata, perhaps she does not like to have off day.cos my auntie got another maid who had aso worked in UAE before for 2 years aso willing to work without offday. pay is $370.
i have chosen a new maid who used to worked in UAE before for 1.5 years. now waiting for her to come.but understand from agency tat her medical checkup got prob leh, dunt noe where goes wrong. had insisted with the agency tat let us know by next mon what's went wrong for her med checkup. cos she supposed to come my place by end july. but this new maid, she is willing to work without off day leh, and her salary is $370.

babycutie,
i think the hp issue only worked for new-comers. for old birds, they sure willnot allow loh. my frd just sent off her maid to indo cos she secretly go buy another hp without herknowledge. but the issue is my frd already bought her an hp so she dunt understand why the maid wana 2 handphones. then she even secretly took photos of guys from dunt noe where. a lot of pictures. so my frd got pissed off and send her back.

jennylow, no prob abt tat troublesome maid.. haf gotten over it n juz waiting to c when her ass is willing to come bak.. haha..

tis new maid, she told agent np on off day leh.. tat's y i a bit worried, plus the fact wif same salary as fresh.. not sure.. tot those wif exp usually more demanding.. hopefully she dun request for hp.. plus the fact she completed her 2 yrs contract there..

will interview her tonight n c hw tings goes.. thanks for ur feedback.. anyone else wif feedback? very much appreciated..

old birds with hp
my colleague's sister maid of 6yrs become HP seller at the condo, created so much trouble so in the end sent her back also.....

Patricia, i know how you feel, my ran without any money and i really wonder how she did that .. my case closed liau, police called to confirmed yesterday and agency found her a new employer right away, I'm so glad that it's over. Mine still have outstanding loan but agency is giving me back thru rebate when I'm taking the new maid.

We're just worried about the allegations made by her but if you do nothing wrong, don't have to feel guilty about it.

susan.. tat's gd news for u.. glad the case is closed.. perhaps u wld like to tell ladies here abt ur maid.. so tat they won't hire her or even haf her ard.. so beta safeguard them..

i totally agree.. tat since i've done nothing wrong.. there's nothing am afraid abt..

but like to ask u ladies, as agent say she will process to get a replacement maid for me, she will require our income tax.. issit a must to use income tax or can we give our cpf statements?

Cutie, she never complete her 2yrs contract, not even with one employer.. sian.. but how come agent dont know?? I noticed, in between, not transfer but her WP cancelled.. anyway, support you,not to hire her.

Now, if looking for 'CAN DO WORK' cant bother her background or personal matter. Agent told me, DONT HAVE GOOD MAID..nothing such as GOOD MAID, only have can work or cant work maid. Means all maid hav different set of problems. See what is our priorties.

the agent is correct. I think she is applying the new maid as a 2nd maid for you and therefore need yr income statements. So there will be a period u r paying levy for 2 maids. Until such time the runaway maid has been transferred out - erh, having said that, you cancelled her WP# already woah...I am not sure how the agent will process for your case though - sorry my info maciam no help to you...hee

For about a week, mine came with lots of craps, she said that shadow haunting her, talked lots about crows. All day long, just sleep, didn't want to work till she developed fever. I still took her to the doctor. Fever subsided but still act nonsence and refuse to work, I couldn't stand her and told her off, the next day (last Sat), wanting to send her back to the agency @ 10am, didn't tell her of course. But then at 9.30am, she fled away ..... immediately, i reported to 999, then went to the police station to make a statement. She ran off to MOM. Agency picked her up from MOM and police investigated her on Tuesday.

I'm not worried about the allegations because I know that I did nothing wrong to her, just fear that she might twist and turn her words and cause further hassles.

The income tax is required if you are applying for 2 maids at the same time.

I'll tell further about my old maid's name and details once her name is completely removed from me. She also had the intention to do black magic on the first day of arrival at my house.

mama_G, on the first day of arrival, i asked her to transfer all her belongings to the toyogo drawer that i bought. She looked so puzzle as I was waiting there to check. She had so many pairs of jeans. In a pocket of one of the jeans, looked like something is stuffed inside. I was too stupid for not confronting her but then, she'll give me the excuses too.

So, after she left, I took out the thing from the pocket. It's a torn underwear with menses stain. I calculated her menses date and it's proven that 99%, she wants to use it for that intention. Stupid me, still keep the thing back but as no peace at heart, I took it and threw it away into the rubbish chut the next day.

Also, she ever revealed that she goes for this kind of "treatment" when she has difficulties and looking for answer.

Many frens had warned me to look out for red & black thread underwear too.

Mama G,

I had d pleasure to enjoy 4 yrs of stress-free life with my previous Indo maid. Got to give her credit when it comes to handling kids. Guess, it's her nature that she likes children. Thou, she does cut corners, owns a hp & requests for offday even thou contract indicates no offday. But so far she only requested for 4 times in her whole 4yrs wif us. Nowadays, such rare gem is hard to come by.

My current helper wif me for abt 1mth 1wk ...... sigh ........ we have communication problem. She knows very little english while i'm arm wif little Malay, not to mention Bahasa Indonesian ! Tink my gals have more vocabs than me (all thanks to the previous helper). At times, i would ask my gals wat do u call tis & that
happy.gif
One gd thing is, she cleans the floor cleaner than the previous helper. She can be forgetful, can handwash clothes till smelly even when softener are used, boy don't like her then she'd stand like a statue, when boy cries &amp; don't want her to carry, she'd come near me ma-chiam like <how> Oh yes, tink got bad-breath too. Frankly, I won't mind paying for her dental bill provided that she can work long term but sicali she calls it quit, then how ah, ask who to pay ??????

Btw, my mom calls her Ah-Don (In Cantonese). Think it really suit her to a T. Anyway, my patience target is 3 ~ 4 mths to be fair for both parties. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Celtricia,
So sorry to hear you maid ran away. Very common occurrence. Happened to me a few times already.

If she's not at the Embassy or agent she's probably at the shelter or with a friend/boyfriend.

These idiot maids are so troublesome. They have no sense of responsibility and would prefer to just take off and break their contract. At least you've got bond insurance so if you can't find her after 30 days then only need pay $250.

I'm sure she'll bad mouth you otherwise how is she going to explain why she ran away. Just need to be prepared for that.

Did she leave all her stuff behind? Pack it up in a big rubbish bag and junk it.

hi

celtricia, sorry to hear about your maid... it seems that the standards of maid is really dropping.... yet govt still want to come out with rules to protect them!!!

i now with my 4th maid, so far so good. she is ex-quatar, PH, been with me for 8-9mths. she supposed to have off day from june onwards but didn't want to take cos she needs the money.

keeping my fingers cross that she will finish her contract with me, by then hopefully maid free.

as for your "escaped" maid's belongings, think you should packed it and make a list and send to agent. dun know if she will turn around and accuse you of stealing her things, let the agent handle her belongings.

good luck with maid hunting... i also gone thru when my maid suddenly requested to go back(hubby died) and almost lost it with a lousy replacement.

ma22, not sure what they'll do but i was being told to watch out on these unusual belongings of them. i've also heard about keeping the employer and the family's hair, then paste one by one on an underwear. And also about cooking dried menses stained sanitary pad, cutting pieces of mattress sheet, boil into soup and let the family to drink.

by the way to those who had runaway maid before, do you packed all the belongings and return to the maid ? She has some leftover cash from CNY angpow given by my frens &amp; relatives and my fren asked me not to give her back these money.

Patricia, have you found her?

Maid crying so often, reason miss her previous employer's toddler..dont know how true..

Agent ask me to standby another maid,.. with the new MOM rules, agent fees cannot be too low.. afraid agent will make maid pay for the expenses.. eg. Labour exprexx, yesterday packages $77,..today $277..but the maid's loan no different(should be -$200)..?? Sian, actually the agent profit again by increase the agency fees to meet MOM rules.

Yesterday, my maid keep the balance soup(cooked soup from dinner) in fridge..no in pot but in pale(used to wash veg)..?? no food hygiene knowledge?? She want to warm it for today's lunch..I asked her to throw away..and explain to her..didnt use brain right?? ex sin??

Ma22, I have a also similar maid before like yr current one. Her name is Triatun and we think she is really "Atun" enough (goondu)...Brainless until i dont have words to describe her...Before I could change her off, she becomes smart enough to run away..So, not that stupid afterall.

hi just want to update, last time i mention one agent who is very good, she has open her new shop. If anyone interested pm me, dun want to advertise here. I really like her she is very good and responsible.

wow anyone now about the new mom rule. With the new rule we employer will be much difficult to find maid.

hi tamarind
thanks for ur update in ur blog, needed info on this....

seems like the new permit conditions is very much different from the current one.....
really need to know more abt this new thingy

The new rule very confusing...Does it include the cost of the loan? i.e. employer have to bear the cost of hiring?

Generally, Hong Kong have higher standard of living and their salary is 30% higher than ours. They also do not need to pay for the maid loan, so if we are trying to move towards that direction, then ask the maid to settle their own loan to come to Singapore. I will not mind paid for the repatriation as if they can't work to our standard, I will send them home and they have to find money to repay the money they borrow to come to Singapore.

Dramaqueen,
I think MOM is getting more and more strict on employers.

Yuen,
I emailed MOM to check before. The maid loan is not included.

I realised my maid hv been using my chanel facial moisturiser....becos i seldom use it if not use reli small amt. but today when i open it, its like almost finished...

to think i reli trust her and give her rewards etc..now in my heart i wun trust her totally already.

She has even asked me a "favour", for an extra day of day-off. advanced her pay many times. Recently she bought a pair of fake solitare earrings, those $3 pair from lucky plaza and fake solitare diamond ring, both of the same size as mine...

i have since locked my diamonds away after checking cos previously i always leave it on my dresser..i can't help but think she will one day swop them and i wouldn't even notice.

if she use normal ones, i wun mind...but among all my creams, she has to use chanel...too much liao

I put a newly open Olay face cream on my dresser, took pics of my almost finished Chanel face cream...

Little did i expect when I open the Olay face cream, half of it is gone...I only put it there recently.

The problem is I have 2 Filipino domestic helpers, though I do suspect one of them, but there is reli no solid evidence as there is no camera facing the dresser.

TOday one of the maid went on day-off, was back around 7plus, we all went out for dinner leaving the "suspected" one at home. so from 7pm to 9.30pm both of them were alone in the house.

What should I do? I think i gota fix a camera pointing to my dresser liao, see who is the culprit...in case i send the wrong one back.

BabyCutie, my last maid also wanted to use her HP and I told her to use it only after 9pm...guess what? I was woken up one day by her talking on the phone, at 2am in the morning! Talking with her bf! I promptly told her to hang up and sleep cos found that she was dozing off in the daytime!

KWLim, my last maid also used my Clinique whitening mask! I also nearly fainted when I opened and found it half full (I also seldom use). But also no evidence so cannot do anything...plus she always close the door when she wash the toilet so i cannot monitor. maybe you just confront the suspicious one, ask them to be honest when they say they didn't use. I found that to work.

but i think both sure to deny...i really hate dishonesty...but seems many maids not very honest...my previous indo maid also steal bread and milo after eating her share of breakfast after i left my house for work..

she also tried my earrings, i dun like it, cos so unhygienic...can tell, becos u know sometime we have a habit how to put our things back, when things are put another unusual way, then its quite obvious...

so fan2...had the intention of extending her contract somemore....oh by the way,i never let any maids kept hps in my house, they are free to use the phone in my house when i'm ard. I've seen those maids walk kids also use hp, walk dogs also use hps, wash car also can use hps...so distracting. so no hp = no distraction.

my maid very clever one, she go to far east shopping centre, use internet webcamera to talk to her family...per hour usage only $6.

Linda,
No. It is OK for us to recover the maid loan by deducting the maid's salary over 8 months.

You cannot ask the maid to pay the following:
levy, security bond, medical and repatriation costs(air ticket)

Check here for more information. Please refresh the page.

http://singaporemaid.blogspot.com/

KWlim,
I think you should set strict house rules for your maids.

I disallow my maid to enter my bedrooms(except kids' bedroom) or the master bathroom without permission. My maid can only enter the master bathroom when she is bathing my kids. I don't even let her clean my master bathroom, I prefer to clean it myself. I know it sounds like I am not making "full use" of my maid. But if you let the maid do everything, that means she has access to everything in your life.

Having a maid also means that we have to be very careful with our valuables, and that includes expensive facial cleanser/moisturizer/cosmetics etc, which should be kept securely out of reach from the maid.

KWlim,
Like wat Tamarind mentioned,keep ur valuable stuff n expensive facial products into a locked drawers.

It is difficult to "guard" them.It is oso difficult to impose the Hse rules on them.They're fr kampung,they r like a curious cat,like to try/eat on things/food they nvr use/eat b4.

I even keep my own clothes after she fold.I don't wanna give her any excuse to access to my wardrobe.

No maid can be trusted..nt even PT maid.My PT maid of 2yrs,flipped my magazines n stuff.I was very surprised coz i trusted her so much n even left her alone at times.

KWlim
I suspect my first maid stolen my gold diamond ring. When I realised it much later, I just can't find it, I checked her room and bags and can't find it too, but because I don't have evidence, can't say she took it....

Now, I very careful with my things, will normally lock them......

As for cleanser/moisturizer etc, how to lock, you mean I have to install a locker in my own bathroom? I also realise that they use my elizabeth capsule moisturizer as I started counting them....so sian, in own house, still have to do such things.

Currently without maid for a week...house is a little messy and still fine-tuning my schedule to live without maid. Much more freedom that I have never felt in years....

but my hb complain house alittle dusty....what to do...I will look around for part-time maid and see how...anyone have part-time cleaner to recommend? I would prefer to deal with those with company.

Back