Advise on Baby & Maid Exps

Air ticket:
I think the maid should pay for her ticket, as long she didnt finish her 2yrs contract..

if maid request to go back she should pay,come here to work not for holiday..

if employer send maid home its all because maid dont work well,maid should pay..so maid will work properly..so she knows, she has to pay for the ticket if chin chai work.

Maid finish contract,means maid really work..its fair employer pay the ticket.

I know medical fees pay by employer..
How about dental? Last time when I work in company, employer only pay up to $100 for dental per year..extra pay by employee.

Now, my maid like the dental here..she said its much better than in Indo..recently she went dental,do filing..and its too big..till dental said,if still pain will need to distract..and maid still has lots of filling to be done..btw she drink 4cups of coffee everyday.She can tell me,coffee bad for her teeth but she need coffee to do work.

I'm not happy with her attitude,and I think she take advantages.The time is not right yet.

Jo
I wont let her drink 4 cups lor, if wan she buy herself. It is like she want 4 cans of coke you buy oso ah. I feel some maids really think they here for holiday.

Hi Jo

4 cups of coffee a day is too much a day. is she paying her own dental bills? if not, ask her pay herself? we are responsible for medical bills but not dental bills.

avocado,
I dun thk the maid I had is from you. My maid joined me on 1 Sep 07 and work till now. Its almost 8 mths.

I checked her employment history and she has 6 years working experience here. She last left SIN is in 2000.

Jo,
4 cups of coffee!!! no wonder your maid's mood swings more madly than a madly swinging pendulum!!!! Not only is it bad for teeth, it's bad for the heart!! So much coffee will cause palpitations leh!!

Yea..agree that your maid is taking advantage. Dun remember seeing anywhere in MOM's rulings that we shoud cover dental. Anyone can verify?

Hi Avocado,

Just saw your qns to me...

Yes, my current maid is from Jobplus at Spore Shopping Centre and the manager is an Indon lady named Yuli. However, it was her ex-staff that introduced my current maid to me. As you may know, my maid has recently fired me giving reasons like she is afraid of making more mistakes that make me angry, causing me to have another miscarriage ( I had a miscarriage abt a month ago), and the latest is she is afraid of taking care of my 2.5 yo DD!!! I was so mad after hearing all these cos they are just plain excuses and craps!!

My current maid is still with me till I find a replacement. She has agreed to stay till my new maid comes and I am still thinking of whether to send her back home or help her to transfer back to her 1st employer as requested by her. I did inform Jobplus about my maid's problem but Yuli did not sound to be really bothered and helpful. I think likely becos Jobplus is now no longer in the maid biz and the only person that still handles all the maid's paperwork is Yuli. She promised to help me look for a replacement but till now not a single phone call or email from her
sad.gif
Anwyay, I have decided not to go back to her anymore after this bad experience.

What problem your maid gave you?

Hi Kristen mum and all

When we talked about maid problems is like talking about mil problems...hahah, just joking...

My maid problem
I have a three year ex malaysia maid who has lots of freedom in her last job, has hp, move around freely to her noodle shop, kopi shop , help in hair salon, min housework, go karaoka with madam, wear sphagetti strape etc...

Natuarally with me, she knows all these are NO NO as my houserules stated very clear and that includes no using of my housephone....

Apparently she is very ok with all that, everytime, I will counsel her and tell her that she has to adjust and no compare with last employer as this is singapore and she is getting higher salary, i also ask her can she manage...if cannot, she can go back to agency and asked for transfer....

For info, in my house, 10 plus am, she clean all my rooms with mop etc and by 1pm. she is done and the rest she can do iron and take her own sweet time...

Guess what, I peek into her diary...wow, different story,she says very tired cleaning, no freedom, very bored, lonely etc..I wish she can tell me this in person and I can let her go....

Infact, i even brought her out the other day, less than two weeks here, with no kids with me...just to let her have some fresh air...my usual day, i go out with kids, i do not bring maid as no need....

So, talk to her and hint her about all the above, she says everywhere be it here or there are all work, no need to transfer....

I am at a lost of what to do, anyone encounter this?

hi jes, yes i do buy clothes for my maid. infact all the clothes she's wearing now is bot by me. But i oni buy those cheap ones la... all less dan $5-10 a pc. U can easily get from Giant.

Hi mummies,
This is my first time coming into this thread. I'm thinking of getting a maid but do not know of any good agencies. Any recommendations?

Now I have a situation. My mum wants to send back the current Indo maid ASAP as she really cannot stand her attitude anymore. I asked her to send her back to the maid agency but she said it closed down already!

Have any of you experienced such situation before?

eve,
just to check, how long has your Myanmese maid been with you? I'm thinking of trying out one.

Hi vone,
didn't know you were active in this thread. *winkz* Hiring a maid can be a headache I guess.

Mummies, i know the side effect of coffee.. as I studied in nutrition, maid is stubborn.. she dont listen..

I supply instant cereal,coffee for her breakfast drink with bread.. end up,she drink coffee anytime she want(seldom drink cereal).. I told her not good,she said can't work without coffee(too tired)..
I supply all her daily needs, cos I don't want she go out without my permission to buy her things.

Maid only with me 3mths, so I keep her salary till $500 to open bank acc.. so paying her dental fees,but not happy with her attitude.. since maid draw the line(she only think for herself,n taking advantage).. I rather bless ppl that appreciate.

Kristen, take care, try not to be angry..its bad for our body,its release toxic when we angry..causing harm to our body(u feel tired after angry)..my maid tried all her way to play politic at home..i just ignore her..till time is ripe,she will realise.

jes,
it depends on u. if u feel tt ur maid deserves it, then by all means, u can buy 4 her.

amlamum,
hv u sent ur maid back oledi?

valnsw,
hehe... u r rite... hiring a maid can give u a lot of headache. 4 ur mum's case, i believe tt her maid hv no o/s loan oledi rite? if tt's d case, then ur mum can jus buy an air ticket, cancel her WP & send d maid back.

Hi Pin,

I am now using Sun Employment to find a replacement maid for me. I find their service is OK only (sorry Emily if you do not agree with me). I personally feel that the boss is not very helpful when it comes to providing feedbacks and opinions of the maids. I find that whenever I ask her to give me some opinions based on her experience abt the maids that I asked, she would just reply "she is ok". Therefore until now I have not settled for any maid from her agency yet. There was one incident with her that made me felt offended and I complained to my hubby how could the agent said such things to a customer even if that was true.

However, I must say their agency fee is one of the most reasonable ones in the market.

Hi Kristen..
Sorry to hear abt your unpleasant encounter with Sun Employment.. My HB is the one dealing with the boss on our maid... She updated him constantly on the status and help us to expedite.. My HB, who is super fussy can accept Sun Employment's service, so I thot they must be good... I personally feel that the boss is very experienced and she is always 'neutral' when it comes to customers and maids..

Well, lets wait for my maid to arrive end of this week or next week before I comment further...
happy.gif
Will update u again...

Did you approach other agencies to find replacement maid? JDM at Bukit Timah is also quite good, I spoke to the lady named Grace.. but they specialize in Phil maids...

morning mummies.
haiz, just a vent:

my hb thinks fdw is indipensable... he says i'm very naive think that i can't cope working fulltime, 2 kids in childcare, and doing all the housework by myself.
we would not have couple time and i will be burn-out.
BUT i really value my privacy alot ... till now (helper with me 1.5yr le) i still feel resentful having a stranger around.
sorry but i'm not that kind of employer that opens up to fdw and so friendly with them...
do u think i'm too much if i threaten to quit if hb continues to want to employ fdw when the current one finishes her contract?

thks for listening...
wendy

Hi all,

Anyone tried getting a maid direct without goin thru an agent?

Am currently trying to bring this fili maid over but she does not have any agent.. and am wondering are we able to do all the paper work / medical check up etc.. ALL BY ourselve..

Hi ladies, hope you all had a great weekend. About the air ticket thing, agency says that whatever happens I am the one to pay. Even if her new work permit application is not successful with the new employer I still need to pay for her repatriation. Like I say this Dans service sucks. But anyway, I am trying not to get myself all tense up because of this situation. Not good for the baby inside me. Kristen mum, I am sorry for your loss. You will have a healthy and happy baby in no time! Getting frustrated over maid problems is really not worth it. I had a few sleepless nights thinking about them but how can I be so stupid loosing sleep over them? Urgh...
I know some of our hubbies are not the 'doing housework' type but at the moment, it is better to be physically tired than mentally. At least I will sleep well at night...

TODAY MY PAPER,more whistle on maid abuse to authorities.. each month,complaints, 3-4 maids being refer to MOM..regarding maid's safety..

Why no report of bad maid, employer is the victim..
Why no news about the maid's loan?? should pay by maid themselve..

Really sian, no news to protect employer but all only to protect maid. yet we are the one losing all the time.

Wendy, have a good talk with your hubby. Let him understand what you really want..find out a good solution.Be happy.. Take care, God bless you.

Hi Wendy,

I'm very much like you. Just can't get use to the presence of a stranger. How about discussing with your hb into getting a part-time helper twice a week to deal with some tiring chores eg ironing, washing toilets. Also don't let them have the idea that they are indispensable coz that's when they will act up.
When will your fdw's contract finishing?
My fdw cannot be friendly with her one, she is those that will definitely climb up your head type.

wendy,
i don't think that is too much of you to "threaten" your hubby. Seems he doesn't understand your concerns. and probably, my guess is that he doesn't want to be rope in to do the housework either..right?

like what Jo said, you two should really sit down and have a good talk. My hubby used to think that too, but it's cos he didn't have to handle the maid. But when my 2nd ex maid got too much, he had to handle it, he then realised how irritating things can be.

Now we are hiring a maid again, simply because we do not want my health to deteriorate any further. On top of that my hubby travels alot for work so it is really tough for me when i have no other help.

vone,
thanks for the info. that's what we thought too. I think my mum was angry with the maid in a pique of anger. Think she kind of cool off and probably will send off this maid when we get a replacement to train up.

Bee,
abt the air ticket. I found out that whatever it is we have to pay for it. According to the agent, it is MOM's ruling since 2007!! I didn't even know that! I hired 2 maids in 2007 and the previous agent didn't even say that. Now this new agent that i went to told me and even showed me the clause in the standard contract....the agent also said that now the practice of employers keeping the $500 for this purpose is no longer encouraged...
hmmm...not sure abt this....

any other mummies told otherwise by your agents?

thanks mummies! i tot i'm being very stubborn not wanting to get help, and compromising privacy...

nellu - u r absolutely right. my hb wont do hsework de. then he also wants to relax after work. wants to sleep in and nap on weekends... BUT i've accepted that's him. and i'm already prepared to leave it that way for the rest of our lives...
u know, even when i preggy, my mil comes over to help us mop the floor cos she knows my hb wont do it. -_-
i guess she knows she's spoilt her only child too.

haiz, i'll try to talk to him again.
my current fdw finishing her contract dec 08.

chkin fdw's things
- may i know how many of the mommies here go thru your helper's belongings when they r not around? or on off u do spot check their bags when they go out?

hi mommies,

can I seek advice from you?

background: family of 4, hubby, me, 8-year son (pm school) and 5-month daughter.

situation: new ex-phil maid just started work (1 week). helps in house chores and attending to my boy (eg.: preparing him to school). efficient maid with lots of initiatives. eg.: finish house chores will not sit to rest or wait for instructions. no off-day. we have intention to sent our girl to babysitter, but now we have a change of mind. we were thinking to employ another ex-indo or ex-mal indo maid to esp. look after our girl. what's mommies option here?

hi mommies,

can i check mommies with PHIL maids, what do they usually have for BF, lunch and dinner. as I cook porridge, our PHIL maid rejected it, and BF we have bread, she also rejected it. I heard PHIL only take rice for all meals?

kim,
wat's our reason for wanting to change your fili maid.. honestly, from the way u described your maid.. there's really nothing very much u can complain abt your maid...

AS for meals.. yes, filipinos has a habit of having rice for all their 3 meals. I suppose for BF, u can get her to get used to having bread... think its common that maids get used to eat bread for BF n usually they are already briefed that this is the norm in SG. AS for lunch n dinner, i buy a pack of rice for my maid n let her cook for herself. But i do stress no wastage, if i found out she threw away rice. i give her shelling.... some how they have this idea that $$ easy to earn here. So these maids have a tendency to waste food or eat in large amt even though they could be starving back at home.

hi b2b3m4,

i'm not changing my PHIL maid, as currently I still find her OK (never know how they change after 6-month). on top of my PHIL maid, we want to get a 2nd maid (prefer INDO, as hubby afraid 2 PHIL maids will boycott us) to specially look after my girl (day-night as I'm a FTWM). so, whether any mommies have 2 maids (diff. nationality) and work our fine?

kim,
i wldn't suggest that .. be it same nationality or not... u will have lots of problems. Been there, have that.. tell u... the 2 maids will carry tales to complain what the other one is doing.. but at the same time, they could be conspiring something behind your back.
SOme how, no matter what, one will always think the other one is having a better life than the other. Esp the one who needs to handle housework.. will always think the one sitting down playing wif your girl is having a better life. Managing 2 maids in 1 household is really no joke. U can oredi read the any comments we have abt maids who went over to another household to wk.. N there is oredi another maid there. I cannot imagine the chaos the 2 maids can create esp if there is no one to supervise at home.
At the end of the whole thing, u dun even know who is speaking the truth, who is lying n what exactly is happening at home.
or u may end up like me.. after 4 years of maids.. i sacked all of them. n send both my kids to CC and i take over the household on top of my FT work now.

On today's paper about maids risking their lives cleaning windows....firstly, if this is what their employers asked them to do, then the employers ought to be shot.

On the other hands, despite me asking the maid, not to clean the exterior of the window or standing on a chair in front of an open window, they still stubbornly did so. So how can employer who cared so much for the safety of the maids be penalised by the maid's stubborness/refusal to obey instruction???? If maid fell off and died, then we become the reckless employer???? Really damn unfair lei.

There's really something wrong with the FDW system here.....The govt officials won't know cos if the maid knew that she's working with an impt and powerful person of S'pore, sure she guai guai behave one.

Emily,

Beside Sun Employment, I am concurrently using SLF Green Maid Agency from Bt Timah Shopping Centre to help me look out for a suitable maid. The lady boss is Sharon and her service is much better than Allan, at least for me. The agent fee is only $68 for Fili and Myanmar maids with no limit for replacement maids in a year.

Hi mummies
anyone here has installed CTV at home and what is the cost? I am looking for one as I need to monitor what is going on at home.

Hi valnsw,

My myanmar maid is with me for 2 mths. She looks after my 5 yr old son & 2 yr old daughter with the supervision of my in-law. On top of that she also do housework.

celeste,
you are here also ....think this topic was discussed before. It can be done easily if you want to get her directly. But you must weigh the pro and cos...like if she is no good then you wan to send her back yourself? so the 1st mth pay, you will have to withhold it as air tic?

You also have to take time off to do the thumbprint, medical check up and language test. If you can spare 2 days off then can. Else to save these trouble, just call an agent to help you. I think they charge a couple of hundreds to do so.

Hi Vone, my maid still considering.*haiz* so many of her aunts called so often to chat with her, don't know if they asking her to stay or go. I asked her and she still like in dilemma. She went with me to my fren terrrace house and saw his maid has to serve 6 adults & 2 kids then she suddenly behave guai guai and told me she is fortunate to work for me 2 adults + 1 kid, seldom cook and go out every weekend.

Hi mummies,
my maid consume both coffee and milo, every week she can finish 20pkts of individual packed milo so she will ask to buy milo every week. Me & hb don't drink milo and I find her consumption high. Do you all pay for additional beverages for your maids even if you don't consume it?

eve,
thanks for your reply!
I called the agency that you mentioned and it takes about 1-2 weeks for the maid to come in after seeing the biodata.

BTW, just a check, this staff Raymond quoted me $388 for the agent's fee. Is that what you paid and the fee is for processing the paperwork? TIA!

Amlamum, wa... I nv buy anything dat we dun eat/drink purposly for the maid leh.. every wk 20pkts is too much aldy.. dat will be like 3 pkts every day on top of the coffee!! omg! she's taking it like plain water?? Maybe you can tell her too much milo no good for her.. too much sugar inside.

hi valnsw, fyi for myanmar maid if u urgently need one, u must chose those who aldy have passport. Cos the other time i chose.. alot of dem doesnt have passport ready.. and to wait for their passport to come out its ard 2mth plus.

Hi Emma,

The agent fee is $68 (includes everything except insurance) for Myanmar maids. The contacts of the agent is SLF Green Maid Agency. You can find their website and address from Net Maid. The boss is Sharon. If you call, just tell her you are recommended by Bridget (My name).

Good luck.

nyssa_won, at first she everything follow, but now she ask for milo, biscult with cream(can finish 1kg tin in less than 2 weeks, told me she don't drink plain water and only drink coke when she in philippines and uses dove soap etc. she also cut out the middle of the bread and throw the skitings away...she only 49kg, now seems to snack a lot on milo & biscult despite already taking full 3 meals(2meal with rice).

Kristen_mum, is SLF service good? I have enough of PH maid, maybe will try the Myanmar maid. btw, any free trf? the agent fee is really cheap compare to the others who is charging $350+

hi kristen mum
that is cheap as my current myanmar agent charges me $588 not including insurance and only one free replacement..
But not sure whether their service and maids good or not? thank

Amlamum
I bought basic beverage for my maid like coffee and I dont ask her what brand etc.
Since I am the one paying, I will decide the brand. Now, she has more money and she is willing to pay for herself. She decided to drink tea with milk and even coffee too. I tell her to pay for them as I only provide one type.

Amlamum & Emma

So far I find SLF service not too bad but I dont know abt the maids becos I have not used their maids before. I am still looking for a new replacement and SLF is one of the agents that I am using now.

My SIL's previous maid was through Sharon when she was working with another agency (Sharon just set up SLF Green after she got her own maid license)and my SIL said Sharon is fierce with the maids which, too me, is good
happy.gif

hi, i a newbie so pls bear with my Qns.
main focus of maid is to look after newborn bb.

Can I know wat's the normal rate for agent fee cos i surf around and the diff quite big.

does the fee include medical checkup and insurance?

Or the insurance we buy ourself cheaper ?

lastly and recommendation ?
pls advice. tks.

evon,
Welcome to this thread.

The rate for agent fee differs greatly because it depends on how the agent structure the charges. For a start, some agents' fees includes the insurance, while others do not. Some agents also charge you upfront included in the fee, the counselling charges for the maid, regardless of whether you need it. Also the rate takes into consideration the replacement package, should you require it. The remaining component aka the service fee is up to the agent. Some agents provide very good personalised service, while others do not. Usually, higher fees means more service components covered. But it doesn't mean that the more you pay the service is better. And it also doesn't mean that the quality of maids are better.

btw, the insurance is standard pricing for the minimum package.
Med: $192.65, Bond: $53.50

other mummies, pls do verify if i have the info correct. Tks

Jo
You can control her coffee intake or other food intake. YOu just buy tat pack and say it will last for 2 weeks or a month... depending how many sachets inside. Tell her finish liao she will wait until 2 weeks later or watever time you stipulate then you will buy. Or else she buy herself.

hi nellu,

So the medical checkup is 192.65.
may i know wat the Bond for ?
So far i'm thinking of indonesia maid.
So i shld just anyhow pop into any agency and recce or how to do abt it ?

thanks.

Back