Advise on Baby & Maid Exps

angel
I'm impressed with the Indo embassy, they open on Sunday? I'm also glad that they hear you out and is willing to send the maid to the airport. Perhaps you also wanna go to the airport tonight and make sure she clears immigration. If she wants to go to the toilet before custom, just ask her to endure and go to the toilet after clearing custom. There are so many toilets inside. If she purposely wet herself before custom, ignore her and insists that she clears the immigration and get herself wash in the toilet inside. Will pray for you too.

hi baby grace
thank for the advice!
If she renew her passport back in her country, does she still need to pay the renewal fee?
How much is the air ticket?
Thank

Emma,
Yes she still needs to pay the renewal fee back in her country, though i'm not sure how much but i think it's not cheap either. One reason why myanmar maids have such huge loan is because it's expensive to make a passport.

The last time i checked, it was about $400 plus. I gave her $450 cos to compensate her for not going back. Imagine the inconvenience and the leave i've to take from work if she chose to go home.

Hi angel,
Greetings from Taipei!
Don't mention it. Am so glad it worked out well for you. I trust she got on her flight tonight.

I must say, you handled this very well and thought through it calmly and rationally. In the end, justice prevails and you are really a good example of how to deal with the worst type of maid situation. Good for you.
Don't let this put you off hiring another maid in future though, you may really find a good one as some mummies here have had the good fortune to experince.

babygrace
how much did u pay in all for the maid to renew her contract?
so your maid did not return home after her contract ends?
Will she homesick as two years plus another 2 years away from home?

Thank

baby grace
I mean do you pay only $450 in all? I dont think i can afford to pay more than that plus the passport fee and income tax fee.
If she really plans to stay, then I will ask her to pay the amount bit by bit instalment every month.

Chloe,
Your SIL is very generous with her "tai-tai" maid. Any maid that work with me won't have such privilege.

Understand that she has been living in a carefree life before coming to work. But like precious_one mentioned, what goes up can comes down. Unless we can plan but sometimes we are not able to predict situation changes and usually leaves us with no time to react.

Under such circumstances, one has no choice but to seek alternatives. In your SIL's maid case, she has to work as a maid to support her family.
She has to adapt to changes.

Get her a pair of gloves if her hands are allergy to soap. Explain to her that she can only buy phone card when she gets her pay. Or else buy with her own $$. Ask around, which employers give their employees such privilege like advance pay or freebies when they decide to join the company?

If your SIL continue to "pamper" her maid with such special privileges, your SIL will become the maid eventually. Will you hire and pay someone to stay with you while you do most of the jobs? Not justifiable right?

Yes, your SIL has a buddha heart and believe in KARMA. But she is not a charity organisation. She can't be supporting everyone who has problem when they are working with her. If this maid really cannot work up to standard, it is more advisable to get a replacement. Money is hard to earn. Your SIL's maid has to learn this lesson - Money is Hard to earn. She has been living with silverspoon and do not understand the hardship of earning money. Now its the time for her to experience the hardship and learn the hard way.

Anyway, If I were your SIL, I won't employ this maid at all.

emma,
I paid her $450 for the air tix. That's on top the $1000 plus i paid for her passport renewal.

She herself didn't want to go home cos she says that she'll find it harder to leave and more homesick after that. It's ok for her since she's single and quite independent cos she stayed in the hospital staff quarters last time when she was working as a nurse.

babycutie
I have the same thoughts as you when come to this tai tai maid of my sil...will see what is her update.She feels that maid very poor thing, miss the husband and feel that by letting her talk to her hubby and might help in her work performance...I dont know...

MY NEW MAID
Maid used to work in malaysia for three years. Daily started work at 5plus am till 12am. Do housework at home, help in salon and coffee shop...hard life but lots of freedom.....

Now, she has hard time in adjusting to my house as my house is quiet,no one to talk to.(she has discounted the fact that I have tried to talk to her on and off to ask her how is she doing)She told my aunty that she feels like she is in a jail, no freedom esp knowing my house has camera.She also says my house is big but the money is good here.

I asked her is she adapting well to my family...she says she is adjusting..I told her if she cannot, she better go for transfer...but she refused.She says its the matter of time she will adjust....

Do not know how much I can trust her...which I chose not to....

Anyone has similar encounter?

Emily, have you receive my DVD?

Liana, are you in Taipei?

Maid teach me to use my left brain more.
Really, must think of employer and employee relation and draw the line clear.Or you will end up, realised that maid is the one who only think of herself and draw the line,worst take advantages.

Never let maid know so much, only talk about work. Now with my in-laws, which don't know and can't blame them..I need to use more brain.

I used to trust this maid, but now, I know all her hanky panky, yet she can be more angry than me.. saying she hate people don't trust her..she do so much things to hide from me..when I caught her, she deny and be more fierce, bang her head.. to show me that she is innocent,need my attention..on the same time telling my kids no maid can be better/so patient like her towards my kids..

My hubby, talk to her..we are willing to let her go..if she is not happy. We can send her back any time.. what we want, a maid to do what a maid should do and not let us worry when working.. She is smart..very smart..asked my boy why talk to mummy behind her back abt her bad point.. why my boy hide her hp.. which my boy didnt do at all,he didnt know I return her(kakak) hp,lost when my boy in school.

What I thing, this maid trying to play with all people in my hse.. treaten my boy, told my in laws boy steal her things, told me my inlaws bad point..aiyo, I just have to be bright,calmly,think logically like spy,what related to what..

Everytime I heard something from maid's mouth, I start to think twice.. I just act nothing infront of her and find out with my boy n inlaws.. Maid told my boy that she is very smart,so my boy don't do/tell me anything about her...see,seem like,at home also have politic..

My hubby can tell me,I'm the government at home,so when I'm not home,everythings go hire wire..

Since she is just a MAID, I paid her, she do the work.. and I do my part.. I pray for her, myself and family.

To handle her,I learn a lot,how to manage people/situation.

I allow her to use hp, she misused..lies(hav man),wrong timing during toilet break..cos mood swing,heart on hp not on work..

I keep her hp since affect her work,only allow use IDD phone card...she become black face,throw temper..tried all her ways to get hp.

Till I allow her to use after working hours,I will keep day time,cos i know she cant displine herself..she bang her head on walls,said why i dont trust her..

I said, then just leave hp on where we put our hp in living room(working hrs)so she wont use day time(handling my bb).. she really act infront of me..

Just now, my boy feedback kakak treaten him on weekends..so i decide to see her hp..I realised she used phone when I'm out(day time).. she smart,delete all the sent out msg/log..but she didnt delete a msg she viewed today,msg received after 12pm..there are 3more msgs not open after that..I'm not at home 11.30am-5pm..

See really used brain to tackle with smart maid. Of course, Life goes on, not the right time, just stay calm.. when I read post by Angel..sound so similiar to mine..just pray.

Emily,

How much is your maid's salary and loan from Sun Employment? Can tell? I have shortlisted one Indon maid who has worked in Malaysia for 2 years before from 1999-2001. Her salary is $350 with no off day and her loan is about $3000!! Gosh, i did not expect the loan can be this high! My current maid who has 4 years experience in SG loan was only $1750 and her salary is $320 with 1 off day. I feel the maid salary from Sun is on the high side or this is the market rate now?

I interviewed the maid this afternoon on the phone and tested her English. She can only understand very basic conversation. One thing good of her is that when I asked her if she is willing to take the job with a lower salary, she told me she does not mind and she sounded very eager to come to SG to work. However, Allen said their salary is not negotiable becos of their embassy's requirement leh...

Kirsten
Wow, $3k loan is the highest I have heard...last Oct, my ex-maid with 4 yrs ex-sin experience, her loan was $2800....wow....even loan is going up up up but the quality is going down down down.

Hello all, i havent got time nowadays to check on this thread v often...the work is keeping me occupied and apparently there are pple in ofc who cant stand me surfing net when I got my ofc work done already! Anyhow..

Jo - i cannot understand how you can endure yr maid. Its already stressful working and managing yr kids, the daily lives, and yr in laws, I dont know how you can take it. Why not, if any chance, see any other suitable biodata around..Sack this current one after you find one. I know you been through alot with maids, be it new, transfer or experienced...I wish I have a good maid to introduce you...But hang in there, God will answer yr prayers.

Angel - not to scare you...my agent said, there are some maids who will refuse to board the flight even though they cleared customs. They will just refuse to board. The airport crew wont sit there and persuade her...They will just close the gate. And you know lah, these bunch of maids can go crazy anytime one...So just beware.

Kristen_mum - I dont mean anything but really, ALL the maids upon the interview will promise you everything in order to come to SG to work...must really discount that part of what she claim. If possible, ask her questions on work...i.e. how she should cope with certain situations at home..But i think the S$350 rate is there about what the market is giving. Yes, nowadays ID maids no longer CHEAP! If they can do the job, still ok. Some cant even deliver results, just like babycutie's maid...so sometimes it can be so frustrating - maciam pay for nothing!

Precious_one

I also find the loan exceptionally high...sigh! I dont understand how did the loan can be so high. Really makes me think twice now..

Eileen10,
Is ok...dont worry, I know what you mean. I also did not fully believe what the maid told me. The problem is I cannot ask her too complicated questions in English as her understanding of English is not very good.

Jo
Your maid reminded me of my ex maid. Many mummies advised me to change but I just continue to tolerate but I think its good to change if there is a suitable maid to come by....Maid should be of help not hassle.....

I agreed with you that we should draw line with maid.If not, most of them will take advantage of the situation. I am one that is very particular about handphone using....most of them no self control....hp give already very hard to take back...even you keep, they are not happy...they may say ok but the heart is not ok.

Kristen-mum
Never trust a maid over the interview...Getting a ok maid is really a matter of draw.Agency is good or not only the after sales services that we can think about. Maid quality very hard for them to judge too as they are dealing with humans.

I got my 3 years ex malaysia maid for 340 with no off days.Her loan is about 2k or so.

Kristen, I'm searching biodata, its true..loan abt 3k(not include agent fees), the one I'm considering..only ex-indo,no off,also $350..

Eileen, thanks
happy.gif

Chole, its true..they are not happy..even I keep on her working hours. Which I think its fair, if she cant control..not that I totally dont allow her to contact anyone..just requested that she work with her heart during working hrs.. or she hide in toilet(look like taking toilet break but use hp)while bb cry..who is going to do the job, my in laws dont carry bb.

How come MOM is not doing anything about the loan, its getting so high,yet cant promise a good maid.

I think MOM will nvr get involved in such matters. Cos the rate is somehow judged by the market demand - they will say...which is sadly somehow true. I get to understand that the better maids go to Hong Kong or Taiwan. The lower grade of the maids come to SG/Malaysia. Then within Singapore, for some agents, if you are replacing maids, they give even a lower grade...the stack of biodata they pass to you will no longer be a huge stack to search from. Then what will happen is that you might resort to change agency and pay the agent fees again...So best is heng heng, strike - to get a gd maid. Many of us will prefer that than to strike lottery hor?!

Hi Jo..
I will check my postbox tonight. Thanks for sending me the DVD so promptly.

Hi Kristen..
My maid loan was $2560, with her monthly salary of $320. I think the loan has been fixed at 8 months. $320 x 8 = $2560. For your maid, it shd be $350 x 8 = $2800. I checked a few agents, the maid loan is somewhere between 7.5 months to 8.5 months of the maid's salary.

I think Allen has included the insurance into the maid loan, that's why $3000? Insurance is ~$200.

Kristen,

I am paying my maid $370/mth and I paid $2800 for her loan. If your maid's pay is lower, then should not exceed $2800. Perhaps like Emily has mentioned, she might have include the insurance.

Why don't you ask Allen for the breakdown of the $3K?

Since the rules of employer paying the loan, and causing so much problems..like,good maid go HK,Taiwan..as they have to pay loan themselves..of course they will work seriously.

Employer, also have problem if have to send back the maid(problematic), but no choice to transfer,in order to get back loan. More employer become victims.

I thk the problem do not lie with "good maids goes to HK, Taiwan....".

It is the advancement of loan prepaid by employers in Singapore to bring in the maid laid to this problem.

Also most probably all of them already knows (from those old birds) that they can "job hop" if they don't like to work with their assigned employer.

I believe situation will be better if they have to pay the loan upfront themselves before coming here to work.

I don't believe in good maids goes to HK or Taiwan.... If employers at HK or Taiwan pay the loan upfront for these maids, do u thk they will work so seriously???

babycutie
What you think might be possible, maids come to Singapore becoz we paid upfront loan for them. But Singapore maid wage is lower than HK and Taiwan, so if these two countries pay their up front, I believe they will choose to go to HK and Taiwan since the wage is higher. So perhaps MOM should forbid the maids to ask for transfer then if employer who wants to transfer the maids, must talk to MOM directly the reasons for the decision. Having said this, MOM will not want not want to undertake this responsibility.
sad.gif

I just called Allen and asked her the reason why the maid's loan is so high. She told me that bsically the Indon agent charges the maid for everything for wanting to come to SG like recommendation fee, lodging at the training centre to airticket to SG.Therefore, the loan can be very high. ALso, the loan for maids are higher nowadays as compared to the past becos of their higher salary
sad.gif

Emily,
This maid's repayment period is 8.5 months based on her $350 mthly salary. And no, the loan does not include insurance but just her loan only.

How is your maid so far?

Hi Kristen..
I think different maid has different loan amount...

My maid is expected to arrive end this month.. havent arrive yet....
happy.gif

Hi gals, may i join? B2B3M4-after my maid left, i checked her room, unbelievable, layer of thick dust collected on the frame of the bed, spider web has grown over it (with insects trapping in it), broken glasses on the top of the cupboards, the bedsheet and blankets, gosh, probably never been changed or wahsed. She's the third maid occupied the room after we renovated it 4 years ago. The first time i went in and check, didn't expect it to be like that! As your maid all three of them had lots of free time, staring at the ceiling...! They want to live in that kind of condition, and yet left a note saying that as maid she constantly felt like being oppressed by the rich! How do they expect us to treat them to make them feel right? Clean their room for them? Unbelievable!

hi my replacement is supposed to come tml, but just now agent call me say that maid cannot come because she had abortion so need to rest, if i still want she can come next monday. Wow i should dun want her as she is single, in her country already got abortion if come here pregnane i have to pay fine. So sad have to wait another 3 week for my new maid to come, still never choose as too sad.

For maid, do you all prefer experience or fresh.I always choose maid without off day, as i bring her out almost every day already. Scrare go out learn bad thing.

EMILY
i rememeber you choose the maid not later than me why maid come at end of the month.

Pin-my experience, experience maid usually more attitude problems, e.g. over confidence, demanding, stubburn, and sometimes arrogant, and even cunning; fresh maid usually more obedient, less demanding, and less daring. But need to be lots more patient, as you have to train them for even simple tasks, and at times can be very frustrating because they have less 'common sense, and very capable of breaking things initially.
For the long run, i think fresh one will be better, but of course, she has to be 'teachable'!

Disney
I had both fresh and experience maid before.
For me, I need someone that can speak the same language as me or communication can really be a big problem.I guess its depends on the needs of the family.

BRINGING MAID OUT
Friends always advise me not to bring maid out as they may learn the wrong thing.....Wonder do you all bring your maid out, be it experience or non experience, when actually you no need to bring them out....Some say its good to take them out once in a while...how true?

Hi Pin..
I selected the maid + make payment on 30 March. Agent said about 4 weeks for new maid to come. This is a fresh maid from Indon. Maybe no passport yet.

disney,
welcome to this "frustrating" thread... Yes, we vent all our maids' frustrations here.
Yes, the amount of dirt is unbelieveable. And to think this is actually the room i planned and decorated for my DD. But bcos she is still young, i allow DD to sleep in the same room as us and the maid get to occupy the whole whole room.
I just sent my Fili maid of 2 weeks back. I was so surprised when i clear her drawers. (I packed her bag bcos i sent her directly to agent from my mum's place). My previous indo maid left the drawers all dirty with hairs, dust and all...
When this fili maid came, i told her to give the drawers a good wipe before putting in her belongings. GUess what???? When i cleared that drawer, it was occupied with her delicate and some new lingerie... and the drawer is still in the same state!!!!! Hairs, dust, ants and all!!!!! How can anyone put your clean belongings in there????
And the best part, I gave her a list of rules and regulations for the house, eg. no food in bedrooms, no beating of my kids etc.. That list of rules were mostly broken, bcos i found biscuits in her bedroom and the list was used by her to write down how much peso she would have earned by Nov, dec, jan blah, blah, blah... I WAS SO MAD!!!!!!! I am just sent glad that i didn't continue to put up with her. Hb always feel that we shld give these maids a chance to adapt and prove themselves. To me after so many maids, Yah... really proved that i shld not keep them.

precious_one,
This might be one of the reason why the maid has to pay up the loan themselves before working in HK or Taiwan because of the high wages.

Imagine, if the salary of the maid here is $800. How many of us can afford to pay $6400 ($800 x 8mths) upfront for them??? We don't own gold mines here... All of them thought they can come here to dig gold???

Hi Precious one, babycutie and all

Latest updates about tai tai maid
She is being sent back to the agent today by my sil today. Sil cannot tahan her laziness n short cut in doing things. Sil found her did not even washed her own cloths. Four sets.Told her to wash cloths, she just dumped it in the pail and pour away the water....etc...sil give up...

Chloe
So happy for your SIL who make the right decision. I was just talking to my hb about your kind SIL who believe in karma, then he told me that your SIL who employed her is already doing karma. He asked which employer will employ a once rich tai tai to work if it is reflected in the bio-data. But at the end, he said the maid could claim that she was a tai tai before, who knows, may be a maid working in a rich family. I once employed one filo who claimed that she worked as an asst in Tan Tock Seng Hospital, end up she actually was an ah ma, then I employed a midwife who worked in a phillipines hospital who claimed that she had received thousands of babies but she couldn't even put on pamper on my baby then. I was shock so I asked her how come she didn't know how, she said filo babies don't wear diaper.
sad.gif

chole,
good 4 ur sil.
happy.gif

precious_one,
ur ex filo maid sounds like my 1st 1. if tt's d case, then i wonder wat d fili bbs wear.

chole, ya, it's very much to do with the need of the family, also at different times. Surprisingly though, most maids pick up other languages very fast. After a while, they can even speak mandarin, hokkien, and even good singlish
happy.gif
!

B2B3M4- Ya, it's very helpful to vent up the frustrations, especially to people who share the same problems and are willing to listen. Before i came across the thread, the were times i was sooo stressed up by the maids...simply distract me from other responsibilities.
That's why my friend told me i have to frequent spot check their room. But, i still can't do it. It's like a bit disrespectful. However, thinking back, in fact they are the one who don't respect themselves! As if they rather to live in a mess. And blaming us for not treating them right!

chloe,
My mom once hired an indo maid, the first thing she asked after she arrived, was how to operate the tv. And she also told my mom that she was a tai tai and somewhat related to a local mafia (sounds a bit of threatening). Her intention to work oversea is in fact to 'jalan jalan', so don't expect her to work too much because there're many works that she won't and can't do.
So from day 2, my mom simply treated her like a tai tai...cook all the meals even (for the maid), wash all the dishes, mop the floor, clean the house, do the laundry,... so everytime she asked my mom is there any work for her, my mom just said nope, you can go watch tv and enjoy your vacation. Eventually after several day, she was so embarassed and quit.

Hi All

Thanks for sharing....

Disney
True, indo maid does pick up language very fast, but me really no patient for it. I remember once, I ask my fresh maid to take something while I was very busy, and it took her ages, still cannot figure what it is...can you imagine the frustration......

Maids who are ex malaysia
Hey, just to share, esp for mummies who are picking maid from there.
Maids over there not necessary are employed to do household. They can be working in factory, attend to shop house etc and hardly do housework even biodata says so. I do know one that is being employed to attend to shop and the housework, like ironing, the employer actually hired another INDIAN worker there to do it once in a week....so pls take note if you are taking one from there.

Chole,

Haha..thanks for bringing this up and is very true that some ex-Malaysia maids were not really hired to do housework for the family. My MIL was telling me that day one of her friends complained that she got an ex-Malaysia maid who could not do proper housework even though her biodata claimed that she was working in Malaysia for 4 years as a domestic maid. When questioned, she confessed that she was actually working more in the shop and not much experience in housework. My MIL also warned me (as I am now looking for a replacement maid) that there are some ex-Malaysia maids that were hired to work in the factories, plantations, etc!!

Therefore, we have to really be very careful with all these ex-Malaysia maids.

Hi Chole..
You r right. I'm a Malaysian, and I saw many Indon maids being hired to work in factory, help out in restaurants/hawker centres, attend shophouse etc. It is different from Sgp, whereby FDW can only be employed to do domestic houseworks. You must read their experience & job scope carefully.

Hi Kristen..
Bcos of all these inaccurate information, we have decided to hire a fresh maid instead. Why pay extra to hire experienced maid, when we cant even confirm whether they r really experienced in the area that we need... Needs more patience to train them, but I think its alright.. As I have elderly who can supervise the maid....

How's your maid selection with Sun Employment? Still want the maid with 3K loan or you r going to choose another maid?

Hi Emily,

I have given that maid a miss as like you said, I find both her salary and loan are too high. No doubt her biodata stated that she has 2 years of exp in Malaysia but that was long long ago back in 2001 and from then till now, she has been in Indonesia as a hsewife. Therefore, to me, I feel that she is as good as a fresh maid and I think her salary of $350 is not justifiable
happy.gif

Of coz, this is not the only reason for rejecting her. Her height of 147cm is also an issue cos I used to have one maid who was 150cm and she needed to tiptoe in order to reach and see the food in the wok everytime she cooks..so funny!!

Allan said she will help me continue to look for suitable maids when the new biodata come either today or tomorrow.

Sigh..so tiring to go through all these again!!

Hi Kristen_mum,
hehe sounds like you also have a strict ht requirement for your maid. The agents that I have spoke to so far all thought that I'm being 'yim jim' for picking on their height or the lack of. My ex-maids all also had to tiptoe to look at the food in the wok...and they were at least 1.5m!! My kitchen stove isn't that high. My MiL who is short can see the food and all well but just dun understand how the maids can't see...weird right?

Ladies,
i just need some opinions here. One agent highly recommends a fresh Filo maid to me, but this maid had no prior exp as a maid, not even in her home country. Her working exp is a childcare/kindergarten teacher. She is single and the 3rd child in her family.Agent said that she is humble and all...(bleh! which agent won't say this?!)...But my hb thinks that likely she will not be able to tahan being a maid, as there is no telling whether she can handle housework or not.

If you are faced with this kind of info and recommendation, would you consider?

Nellu, have to depend on ur priorty..if childcare than can, and u train her do hse chores. Also depend on her attitude/character,if she willing to learn.

Any mummies using iphone(apple)? Is it good,user friendly? Tot of getting one soon.

Emily, u receive?

Hi mummies,

Must update you guys on my maid...my weekend was so drama...

My maid of 5 months was generally quite ok and did housework well, took care of my baby well but got alot of nonsense...on the phone all the time and then we found out she had a bf here. We were willing to tolerate everything. But last week she found out that he was two timing her with another indonesian maid...she was so angry and depressed and emotionally unstable - was on the phone the whole day with her friends, refused to do any work, hide herself in the toilet crying, ask me to let her go find her bf at his office in chinatown, big drama lor. My SIL say my baby cry she also bo chap, dun wan to make milk for her, etc. We told her to pull herself together but after 4 days no improvement, so we decided to terminate her contract.

So we went to discuss with the agent, and they actually asked us to let her transfer to a new employer and say they will help her find one. But I told them I wanted to send her back because I don't want to make the next employer suffer. So they helped us to terminate her work permit online that day which was Friday, booked an air ticket for her the next morning on Saturday, and they arranged to come my house to pick her up and told us they will take care of things and send her back. We decided not to tell her anything in advance because I didn't know what she will do to herself or us. So Saturday morning they came to pick her up at 7am...I told her we were terminating her contract and she is going home, asked her to follow the agent, and gave her $350 out of our kindness to pay her for the month. I handed the agent her passport and documents. Then at the airport, the agent called me and told me that she ran away! He said while they were queueing to check in at the counter, she was holding her passport and she asked the agent to let her change first and she took her luggage with her and never came back! Stupid agent shouldn't have given her her passport, and then let her out of his sight in the first place...inside the departure hall got so many toilets for her to change lor! And best thing is he let her hold her passport and her luggage! Idiot right...I scolded him and he say he sent so many maids back before and none of them ran away. He told me he can't stop her if she wants to run away.

Then I received calls from my maid and she begged us to give her another chance, told me sob story that she is the only one supporting her family and she need to have income, cried and even threatened to go to MOM to report that we abused her. When I told her that her work permit already cancelled and she will be caught by the police if she didn't go home today, she hanged up. Then a few hours later she called me and said she's in the philippine embassy. She will complain to them that we ill treat her, asked us to go and extend her work permit. I was so worried, although we treated her well, its our words against hers, and I heard from other mummies that some cases previously the employers were charged in court! I almost gave in to her demand and was thinking to renew her work permit and let her find another employer...coz the stupid agent also keep asking me to give her another chance. And in the MOM guidelines, me as her employer is responsible for her until she is repatriated back home or finds another employer. So that means I have to book another air ticket back for her if I want her to go home. I scolded the agent that they were the one who let her runaway in the first place, they should pay for the air ticket but they refused, and toldme that they were just 'doing me a favour' by sending her to the airport. They are not responsible. And I found out later they got a bloody taxi driver to send her to the airport and I paid $70 for the transport! I tried calling MOM for help but they were closed. I tried calling the embassy but they were also closed, Open only Sunday to Thurs. So I waited till Sunday morning to call them - I spoke to the lady and explained what happened. To my surprise, she told me that they cannot let her stay there coz her work permit alraedy cancelled, and asked me to book a flight for her to leave asap. They scolded her for running away and this time round they say they will send her to the airport and make sure she leave. The embassy told me they councelled her and told her she don't have a choice otherwise she will go to jail because she is an illegal immigrant. I also called her to tell her the consequences that if she really complains to MOM, go ahead because we didn't do anything to her, and furthermore she has no proof. She will have to stay at the embassy till the case is closed, which may take up to a year, so in the meantime she don't earn any money, she can't see her family and she is not allowed to go out of the embassy shelter. In the meantime, I will be getting on with my life. I also told her to go home and see her family and spend some time with them, and that she can come back to work for me after she gets better (of course it was a lie!). So I booked another flight for her to leave that day. This time I wanted to make sure she dun run away again....tried getting police to escort her but they all said they don't do such things...she needs to leave willingly. The embassy said they will send her to the airport so I trusted them.

Then who knows, my maid called my SIL abt 4 hours before her flight, and ask her to give her money because she got no money left, she told her that she is at the airport all by herself and said the embassy told her to take a taxi to the airport and she had to pay $35 out of her pocket! She asked my SIL to give her money otherwise she will not leave. Then I called the airline manager and spoke to him, and he say he will personally escort her to the plane. He said he didn't want the flight to be delayed because of her also. And he said he handled so many such cases. So in the end, lucky she didn't run away again! Seems like the embassy also don't care abt the maid and want to get rid of them instead of housing her in their shelter, and they don't care if she runs away again because then it will be a police case and they are not liable.

I think after this episode, I have learnt so many lessons...and I will not get another maid unless I really really really have no choice! And now that the maid is gone, I'm actually coping ok. And I feel so nice again that I have our privacy back and that I don't have to keep a watchful eye over my maid anymore, and can leave my money and valuables lying around again
happy.gif

Salary for Phil maid, abt the same as indo now? Think all $350. The indo maid I'm looking at also $350,fresh.only work in Indo,again..indo standard is different fm sin,normally they have more than 1 maid in a hse.

Nellu,
Its a gamble. Some ppl can take hardship and willing to adapt to environment while others simply want to live in a "tai tai" environment with minimum housework and maximum payroll.

I might not take her because she has lack of experience in housework. Her level of cleanliness is also a question mark. If u r those that is very very particular with hygiene, I thk she might not be suitable for you since she is not trained in this area.

For your info, I am 1.52m and the stove in my house is of standard height and I can see all the food in the wok very carefully without tip toeing. If your maid needs to tip toe, then her height should be shorter than 1.5m. I have a ex-maid whose bio data state that she is 1.48m. In actual fact, she is only 1.42m.

Nowadays we cannot believe what is written in the bio data. Everything is fake. Age is fake, experience is fake, marital status is fake, even fake having children.... Haiz.... Where are all the righteous beings??? What if their gender oso fake??? haha

Angel, can share ur agent's name?
I wonder if my Indo maid having the same bf.. totally same pattern as ur maid, crazy abt phone..just because of man.Her mood depend on her hp. When I tried to stop her from using hp on working hours,she become zombie.

Back