!!!ADVISE N HELP NEEDED FOR OSCAR RESULT!!!

Hi mummies,

Good news to share with all, my amino result
Bk today, my baby are fine.. Finally this is a great relieve
To me!! Thank you so much to everyone here
For your support

Hi shyen,

Hope to get gd news from you, do share with us after
U get the result, take care!

Karen

Hi Karen,

Yes, it's good news for me too... the results are fine... What a scare!

Thanks to all the mummies for your encouragement!!

hi all
my Dr called me last week told me my Oscar result is low risk so we happily picked up results just now and found out Dr made a mistake. it shows abnormal.

my ultrasound scan shows very good results but blood test was bad. under trisomy 18, i'm 1:159. cz my blood test was 1:51. Feeling nervous now duno to do cvs or amino.

hearing so many of you with positive results i felt abit relieve. hopefully i can contribute another positive vibes.

can amino claim from medisave ??

Hi - I just found this thread , I got my oscar test result yest, dox say 'borderline' case . Adjusted risk is 1:367 (cut off point is 1:300), blood test is 1:140, scan is 1:440 and I'm 37 yrs old now.... My doc discussed options with me cod it's just passed results .

Which makes me so hesitant - shd I take d m/c risk of amino test for this?? Or go for genetic scanning for 2nd opinion? Is there such thing as re-do rhe oscar test ??

Hi all,

Decided to share my personal experience to assure mummies who are currently going through the same scare as what I had previously that things might not be as bad as what you think.

I had an amnio in early Jan this year after my oscar test showed a high risk of 1:175 for Down Syndrome in Dec 11. Was super tramatized then as I am not even 30 years old and many of my friends and kins actually told me that there's no need to waste $ to go for such test. Worst still, as I was a subsidized patient then, the MO that I spoke to couldn't even tell me clearly what was this all about.

Was crying alot the first few days cos I couldn't come to terms with the fact that my bb could be abnormal and I have to decide on his fate (to keep him or remove him so that he won't have to suffer if he's born etc). Spent many days researching online and reading forum to learn more from other experiences as I was really scared.

Anyway, to cut the story short, my hubby and I decided that amnio is the way out after talking to our gynae (decided to fix one after the scare) and considering that we do not want bb to suffer if he really has DS. Of course, I do fear losing a normal bb since there's miscarriage risk involved, but as what my mum said, if this baby is not meant to be mine, it will be taken away somehow, so be strong and face what I ought to face rationally.

The whole procedure for amnio was much shorter than what I imagined. It took the most 5 minutes and after resting in the hospital for almost 45 mins, I was allowed to go home to rest. However, the wait was scary too as we were told that the hospital would only call us if bb has DS; if not, no news is good news and we will only be informed that bb is ok at our next gynae visit. I remembered my hands trembling and heart racing whenever my hp rings during that 2 - 3 weeks after amnio. Luckily, it turns out that my bb boy is not a DS baby at the end of the day.

Just wanted to encourage all mummies and daddies to be who are going through such 'challenging moments' in life that many a times, the amnio test will turn out to be fine and it is really not that painful.

Stay strong as the mummy's mental and emotional state will affect bb's growth.

Hi im a singaporean living in Hong Kong. My oscar result is very poor 1:132, blood test was 1:19. I was advised my my gynae that a few months ago, the chinese university in hk just introduced a new non invasive test called NIFTY which is 99% accurate. It is a blood test (so no risk to mom or baby), and extracts the babies' DNA from the mothers' blood. This uses a different technology as compared to oscar, and is a good alternative if mummies dont want to risk a miscarriage with amino or CVS. Downside is this test is expensive.

Im also very worried. I take comfort from all the posts that a negative result is more common then a positive result from amino test.

Back