Advise in Combi stroller

anyone know where is the cheaper place to buy combi stroller?

tai sing or bb kingdom ? or cheong seng ?

is combi miracle turn good?

Combi stroller is only cheap during departmental store sales(if there is discount). Tai sing may give 10% or freebies to go along. Cheong seng may give better pricing. You can call them to ask.
However, take note that combi stroller got no warranty.

Hi,

I suggest you get Maclaren QUEST instead of Volo 'cos it has one-position recline. Problem with Volo is that the back is too soft and if kid needs to drink, you have to physically tilt the stroller. Also gets dirty easily (look at the ones at the Zoo!!) Quest is only less than a kg heavier than Volo and can be as cheap as S$148 if you wait for promotion at baby hypermart/babyfairs. Saves space at home and easy to travel with.

Quick kids Combi has too small a basket although it's very light. So it's not practical if you usually have lots of things to buy/carry. It's the one with grey or red backing with criss-cross lines right? If I remember well, this stroller has no handle-bar so there's really no point in getting this particular model. My hb and I (a year ago) were also contemplating the same items. Bought Maclaren quest in the end. Anyway 13mth old too young for Volo and Quest. Better to buy around 16mth onwards when she's more stable (spine, seating posture).

Another good/inexpensive stroller that is one-hand fold, can stand on its on well, with large basket and lightweight is Graco citisport but you MUST find the Japan export model 'cos I've seen poorer quality ones (wheels/cloth) here.

Now my boy's almost 3 years old and we're left with the Maclaren, a continental-sized Graco (the rest all sold away). We're keeping this 2 because of the big baskets and great wheels.

Hi Lotusmom,

Sorry for the typo error. I meant to write that the Maclaren TRIUMPH is lightweight and with one-position drop-recline. Quest is heavier 'cos of the recline gadget.

Some info on stroller safety:

http://mumusings.blogspot.com/2009/11/umbrella-strollers-under-scrutiny.html

http://mumusings.blogspot.com/2009/11/case-of-impossibly-careless.html

We've once bought another brand of umbrella-stroller (see pics from above link) and almost lost some flesh off our fingers because of the poor recline-gadget which had exposed jaws. Was due to our carelessness as well of course.

No problems with Maclaren and Graco for us. Durable and like the big baskets.

Hi Lotusmom,

No prob. Important thing is to put your daughter in the strollers and see if she's comfortable in each before you decide. Better to try a few times at different shops and different colours/patterns.

I don't know about baby girls but my son refused to sit in the Combi and jumped straight onto the Maclaren Triumph (think it was the colour and the structure). He's didn't want to sit in a Volo, Quest or any other umbrella stroller a couple of times we 'tested' at Mothercare, Takashimaya and Spring Maternity. He didn't like even like some of the popular brands available in the market.

In fact, he sat on the Triumph from the time the saleslady opened up the new piece until we got home 3 hours later.

It's always best to follow kid's instincts 'cos no point buying something we think is good but they don't like
happy.gif
Do update what you eventually get! I'm curious what your daughter will like/choose.

Hi there, anyone interested in buying a combi miracle turn stroller, 1 1/2months old, blue colour for $450?

Went to Cheong Choon at Chinatown - messy layout. Prices are not really cheap, they only offered me $10 off the infant carrier I was interested in.

There's another shop at Bedok Central that has better deals; I bought mine there. Uncle boss is friendlier too.

4 adults Universal Studios Singapore ticktes for sales (peak period) Interested pls sms 97629751

1 brand new Samsung Galaxy S2 handphone and 1 brand new BlackBerry Torch 9860 handphone for sales. Interested pls sms 97629751

You might also consider jogging stroller with swivel-front wheel as it is more flexible and efficient for jogging (in open area) and shopping (in narrow aisles) without having to use two kinds of strollers. These are relatively lightweight strollers with suspension to avoid bumping, reliable brakes, wrist leash that makes safer and more comfortable ride for the baby. In case you might want to see more detailed information, here's the link:http://jogging-stroller-reviews.net/joovy-zoom360-reviews/;
http://jogging-stroller-reviews.net/bob-revolution-se-stroller-reviews/

Back