Advice on Divorce

I have been toleratng my husband for 11 years and have. 6 year old kid. Recently I found from his handphone message that he is having close relationship with her. He admitted to have sexual relationship but there is no picture. I only take photos of his handphone with messages that he call the girl dear dear and there are some message that say he plan to cheat me and meet her out. Some short code dunno does it mean sex...

He wants to divorce so I let him initiate the divorce.

Question:
1) if he initiate the divorce, can I file adultery? Or I must initiate the divorce to file adultery?

2) handphone messages between me and my husband can kinda hint that he is having a relationship with that woman. Is it sufficient to file for adultery? Also there is picture of messages he sent to the woman calling the woman dear dear and with intention to cheat.

3) I earn more than my Husband, $4900 vs $3500, kid will follow me. how much maintenance fee can I get? Can I get half?

4) if I state my terms and he agrees then does it means it can be settle more easily? So Long as he agrees to my terms, I can get what I want?

5) can he transfer his share in hdb to my kid free of charge without me refund to cpf for his share? My kid is only 6 yrs old.

6) if I die, I left my money to my kid, understand that under Singapore law, the surviving partner will be the juvenile's guardian and control the money I left behind. In the case of divorce, can I name the guardian to be another person so that my money doesn't end up in my Husband's hand.

Thanks
Can anyone help me? I am desperately and need help... am going crazy soon... thanks

I have been toleratng my husband for 11 years and have. 6 year old kid. Recently I found from his handphone message that he is having close relationship with her. He admitted to have sexual relationship but there is no picture. I only take photos of his handphone with messages that he call the girl dear dear and there are some message that say he plan to cheat me and meet her out. Some short code dunno does it mean sex...

He wants to divorce so I let him initiate the divorce.

Question:
1) if he initiate the divorce, can I file adultery? Or I must initiate the divorce to file adultery?

2) handphone messages between me and my husband can kinda hint that he is having a relationship with that woman. Is it sufficient to file for adultery? Also there is picture of messages he sent to the woman calling the woman dear dear and with intention to cheat.

3) I earn more than my Husband, $4900 vs $3500, kid will follow me. how much maintenance fee can I get? Can I get half?

4) if I state my terms and he agrees then does it means it can be settle more easily? So Long as he agrees to my terms, I can get what I want?

5) can he transfer his share in hdb to my kid free of charge without me refund to cpf for his share? My kid is only 6 yrs old.

6) if I die, I left my money to my kid, understand that under Singapore law, the surviving partner will be the juvenile's guardian and control the money I left behind. In the case of divorce, can I name the guardian to be another person so that my money doesn't end up in my Husband's hand.

Thanks
Can anyone help me? I am desperately and need help... am going crazy soon... thanks

Let him file n see what is inside the divorce letter.
But many men, when they file divorce, they drag. My advice is if he doesn't file, u file. At least u can choose a good time for u to file it.

Let him file n see what is inside the divorce letter.
But many men, when they file divorce, they drag. My advice is if he doesn't file, u file. At least u can choose a good time for u to file it.

Bcos of religion, I will not be filing the divorce, but pertaining to my 6 questions, are you able or anyone able to advice me on it? At least I have some clue to it. Many thanks

Last edited:
1) no differences.
2) not strong
3) half of wat? Child maintence is normally share by both parent.
4) if he agree, court will not interfer.
5) if he agrees
6) yes

1) no differences.
2) not strong
3) half of wat? Child maintence is normally share by both parent.
4) if he agree, court will not interfer.
5) if he agrees
6) yes

Thanks Margaret!
Was think of half of his salary (abt $1500). Because currently school fee and extra lessons and house utility fee and some expenses are covered by him. And currently kid is handle by in-law, if after divorce, I was thinking of getting a maid as there will be no in law to help out anymore. Would I be able to get it if the prove of adultery is not strong? He is dragging the case and not getting the lawyer yet and still continue with the woman.

Wanted to draft my will and leave my money to my Son who is young, and his money will be held by guardians who is the surviving partner.

How should I draft my will so that my Husband cannot get hold of the money?

Any difference in the setting of wills if I divorce or not divorce. I just don't want him to get control of the money and hdb flats on behalf of my son who is the beneficiary.

Thanks

Wanted to draft my will and leave my money to my Son who is young, and his money will be held by guardians who is the surviving partner.

How should I draft my will so that my Husband cannot get hold of the money?

Any difference in the setting of wills if I divorce or not divorce. I just don't want him to get control of the money and hdb flats on behalf of my son who is the beneficiary.

Thanks

Hi Kat,
Go to a a lawyer to draft a will. Fast!
Change your cpf beneficiary. Fast!
Once married, cpf beneficiary is the husband, automatically, unless you make a change thereafter.
Check your exisiting insurance policy whether do they automatically acknowledge the husband as a beneficiary once married. If yes, change it. Fast!
Not a good sign when you earn more than your husband during a divorce period. He may use this to limit his alimony payout. Worst case, he may quit his job during this time and claim alimony from you!
You just got to make sure he don't get evidence of your earning and your bank accou saving amount. He may use it as a ground to limit his alimony layout.
Also, if your son is the sole beneficiary, it may goes to him end of the day. Set a trust and name an executor.

Back