Advice Needed For Nanny/Babysitter

babysnoopy24

Dear all, I intend to find a babysitter for my baby. As the babysitter is someone i know and she say that just pay her market rate will do. SO i have some Qns to ask.

Market rate nw is like $500-$600, 7-7pm. But as my working time is very fixed so i only require her to take care my baby from 8.15 - 5.15pm. Which is only 9 hrs instead of full 12 hrs. So am i able to bargain to $450 as the timing is shorter?

2nd is those 7-7pm nanny.. do they provide 3 meals? Breakfast, lunch & dinner when baby is more than 6 mths old? As when baby take solid food need to pay another $50. So if i bring my baby home at 5pm means no need dinner for my baby le right? By the way she is a vegetarian.

3rd is... Public holiday is it consider rest day for babysitter? If no then do u all deduct her pay?

Sorry for asking so much qns but i really need the help. Thanks for replying... CHeers!

Eve,
Since you know the babysitter, maybe u can negotiate the price with her since u bring back ur baby earlier.
Isn't it easier 4 u if the nanny feed ur baby 3 meal b4 u bring ur baby home?
Yo...., babysitter is paid mthly irregardless of public holiday, just like we work as employees, employer don't deduct our pay if there's public holiday.

Hi sarahng

Thanks for ur reply... Oh okie.. Cos i'm quite tight so thought of paying her $400-$450 then when baby take solid food then pay another $50 for her. What do u think?

As for dinner.. i be fetching baby home at 5pm.. So is it too early to let baby have dinner? Or just dont care ask her feed the baby then if at night baby hungry then i give baby milk?

For PH.. icic hahaa...

Thanks for ur advice. :D

I think $400 to start off will be a bit too low for market rate. $450 is reasonable. Regardless of 7-7 or 8:15-5:15, I think you shouldn't be so calculative over the number of hours. More importantly is the baby sitter is helping you to take good care of the baby or not. If she is your friend, all the more you should not be pinching and couting every cent's worthwhile. Right?

After the baby start on porridge, you add $30-$50 to the baby sitter each month, depending on how much ingredients your baby eats.

Why not you pick up your baby after 7pm and give yourself some relaxing time after work? It is important to have a break for yourself.
happy.gif

Hi

erm...i duno if this is consider advertising. please correct me if i shouldn't be saying it in this thread.

My mum is a baby sitter since I was young, so she has more than 10 yrs experience. Her contract with the current kids is ending this yr. So Jan 2009 she is available. She stays in yishun area. Anyone needs her service can just give me a call @ 98809369 or email me at [email protected].

Please do let me know if i shouldn't be posting this in this column or thread. Cos dun want my userid to be revoked.

Thanks.

i am paying $600 to my babysitter. wouldn't want to be so calculative as she takes care of my boy for the day and she will be happier so will take better care of my boy...

I am agree with ecger. Dont be too calculative! I am paying $550 to my bbsister since my boy 9 mths old until now 32 mths. 7.30am to 7.30pm. Sometime when I free I will fetch him early. When we went holiday, also no deduction of her salary. This is give and take. When we need time to do thing, she also helping to take care without asking for more pay. As long as she take good care of my son.

yup...agreed, have to give and take. juz like we work also don't want our employer to be calculative and we are happier issit it?
if everything also calculate and deduct salary, the nanny might not be happy and you wont know what will she do to your child...

Hi, My mother-in-law's a baby sitting for many years, she has taken care of babies from 4th months (ie after confinement period onwards. She stays in amk. Anyone int? pls let me know

hi all,

my mother an experienced baby sitter who love kids. anyone looking for baby sitter can pm me for details.

Hi, i am looking for vegetarian nanny at hougang and sengkang area to look after my baby start from mid of june 09. My baby will be 2.5 months old by that time.

Pls contact me at 91016772. TQ.

Hi Veron, is your mother in law available to look after my baby for 4days (day and night) as I will be outstation.

Hi,
I am looking for a reliable stay-in nanny (day & night) to take care of my baby girl from 31 May onwards. Nanny only takes care of baby as i got a maid to do cooking, laundry, housekeeping etc.
If you have any good recommendation, please email me at [email protected] Thanks!

Hihi,

Am looking for a nanny staying at Bishan/AMK area. Please pm me if you know of anyone good and reliable.

Thanks.

Hi,

Am looking for a nanny/babysitter who can come to my home (in Novena) to take care of my baby. Am looking at both full day and half day options. Please email me ([email protected]) if you have any good nanny/babysitter to recommend.

Thanks.

Hi, i'm looking for a part-time nanny who'll come to my place (Bishan) to look after my 18mths old in the afternoon only. If anyone is interested or hv someone to recommend, please contact me at [email protected]

hi everyone,

my wife would be delivering our child in Apr 2010..is it too early to look for baby provider now? Anyone can provide what the pros and cons for infant care vs baby sitter vs maid? Anyone has good babysitter to recommend for buangkok/sengkang/hougang area for our consideration? thanks

hello mums,

i'm here advertising my mum's babysitting abilities :) she has stopped working full-time for 23 years now, when she gave birth to me (i'm the oldest), and then to my younger siblings. she's a really caring lady, firm but very kind, and i can tell you from firsthand experience that she loves kids :) she's a great cook, and she's also an adaptable person when it comes to difficult situations, so you can be rest assured that your child will be in good hands!

i'm advertising for her here as she's got lots of free time on her hands and still wants to remain an active mum; also she's not the most internet-savvy so i'm just helping her out :) we live in the bishan area, but my mum is willing to travel to your place if it's convenient (i.e. ang mo kio, toa payoh, braddell, yio chu kang). please PM me for more information or if you have more queries. thanks!

i am looking for a sitter at Compassvale street. Pls PM me if you know any experience babysitter either come to my house or i send my kids to her house. I will have a maid at home to help her.

Thanks.

Hi mummies,
Any SAHM living around Strathmore Ave? Or do you know any babysitter around the area?

I'm urgently looking for a babysitter for my 9 month old baby boy. Or a babysitter to help oversee my maid and 9 mth old baby (she can take care of him but I scared something happen at home if nobody is around). Monday to Fridays 8am to 7pm. I will send to your house. I stay in Strathmore Ave, Queenstown. Hoping to find babysitter around this area. Need one urgently to start asap as my MIL can't take care anymore.

Pls contact me at 98355459. Willing to pay ard $600 either with or without the maid. Need to provide simple lunch and dinner for my maid if maid comes along.

Hi,

I am looking for a good nanny/babysitter for my girl (should be 4 months by (July/Aug 2010)) around Marsiling/Woodlands?

Any recommendation as I am staying in Marsiling Rise area? I need a 5-day care? You may post the recommendation or pm me too.

Thanks so much!

hi.. im looking for a experience nanny to take care of my son when i go back to work in jan..

i require someone to come over my place in punggol.. my mum will be around.. pls PM me or email me at [email protected]

thks

hi.. i am looking for a experience nanny to take care of my girl when i go back to work in jan..

i require someone to come over my place for few hrs everyday in Mei Ling st or Lengkok Bahru.. my mum will be around.. pls email me your contact [email protected]

Hi Veron, u dun accept Pm, so checking whetehr ur mother in law still do babysitting? If yes, pls PM me for her day charge, her day+ night charge.

By the way, I am looking for nanny in AMK/ Bishan/thomson/ Shunfu area

Hi, I am looking for an experience baby sitter in the area of Aljunied Crescent / Geylang East Central / Sims Drive Area. Please contact me at this email address [email protected] if you know of any babysitter in this area.

Hi All

I am looking for an experience baby sitter at Sengkang Area (compassvale walk). If you know anyone recommended, pls help to advise me.

The baby sitter is to handle new born baby around 3 months old in April or May 2010.

My email is [email protected]

Contact me at 91914205

Thanks for your help.

Hi, I'm looking for a baby sitter around Hougang/Sengkang/AMK/Serangoon area for my twins. I will be going back to work in March and by then they will be 3 months old. I will need to send them to the sitter's place by 6.30am and can pick them up by 5pm.
Do pm me if anyone is interested with the asking rates.

SORRY CAN I BORROW TIS THREAD, HI SOPHIA I HAVE MANY YEARS OF EXPERIENCED.I AM 39 YEARS OLD.I HAVE TAKEN CARE OF 8 CHINESE BABIES. I AM NT A CHINESE. I DO DAY N NIGHT BABYSITTING AT MY PLACE IN HOUGANG AVE 1.I HAVE A LOT N PATIENCE N PASSION TOWARDS CHILDREN REGARDLESS OF RACE.MY SERVICE IS ALL FOR LONG TERM N MY TIMING IS FLEXIBLE.DO CALL ME AT 97382794. THKS AND HOPE TO HEAR FROM U SOON.

Hi

I'm looking for an experienced and reliable babysitter for a 5month baby starting Aug pref near Senja Link or bukit panjang. Please pm me if any. Thanks

Hi, I am helping mum look for baby-sitting assignment. She is 59 years old Chinese lady lives in HDB near Bukit Panjang Plaza.

She took care of my two daughters and one nephew. The kids are all grown going to secondary schools so mum wants to occupy time and earn some pocket money.

Email me at [email protected], thanks!

Back