A fresh thread looking for JURONG mummys...

Hi Butterwaffles,
I hate to sweep the floor since young.. so if the robot cleaner can work why not. My hb is ok with it I guess.. long term investment mah.. Else he got to do the sweeping lor..
Usually we use magic clean wiper sheets.. wipe and throw. If use broom, still got to clean the broom. But MIL uses the broom.

aiyo...this yr cny i also nv really spring cleaning like years before lor...haha.....really not enough time lar...haha...and nv bot much goodies, just afew things...which i guess shld be enough for myself...haha....also nv stock up any food for CNY, will eat at other ppl hse...wahaha

Initially I got mood for CNY, all the good food n gathering. But I was down with cough, painful sore throat n now ear block!
happy.gif

Hi All.
CNY to do list :
spring cleaning- clean window, pack rooms,clear storeroom, clean leather sofa, put up "Ang Ang" house deco.

Trim my eyebrow
Do my nails
Iron clothes
Hmm.. lose weight.
embarrassed.gif

Prepare tmr's dinner

Hi All,
Good news to share!
MFS @ 648 called me up and offered a place!!
I was so happy when I received the call. It is better than winning lucky draw.
kao_clap.gif
We are very lucky.
I went and registered and paid immediately.

Due to overwhelming response, the principal increased the class sizes. So she could take in 3-4 more per class. Still out of the 112 in her waiting list, she could only do so much with the space available.

Hi Mummypooh,
I bought the Mommy's Food Processor u recommended. It is quite good to use. Apart from meat, the rest of the food quite easy to cut, and it is easier to grip than the tiny scissors we used to bring ard, which my Hb always complain fingers get stuck.

Little sunny
You are so so lucky!
This year must be your year!
Then how about 922? You place deposit?

I m still so so sick! See doc 3 times.

Hi Ashwen,

Wow, yr wish reali come true le, can get into MFS. Hiaz, I hope I do have yr luck too, wish me gd luck for my son to be enrolled into MFS, ya.
happy.gif

Tat combi scissors is v user friendly except for meat tat I yet to try.I like tat coz d set also come w a spoon in a case Which is v convenient. Keke I'm also tinting to get d scissor tat ilovemaxmax recomm, saw in kiddy palace which is a bit exp than d Bp here.

ashwen, congrats!!! Omg, you are really real lucky! So much easier for you and your boy now
happy.gif
Really happy for you, i think you must go and buy toto leh. Heh...Till now, i'm still waiting for my deposit to be refunded to me from Little Wings. Since Nov...hoho. If you've already placed deposit with 922, i hope you get back your deposit faster...

mummypooh, fingers cross that you can get into MFS too! I know how important it is to get a centre with a convenient location...daily fetchin is not a joke. Less tiring for the kiddos too. Mummmies who will going to the 648 MFS, kindly post your reviews on the centre ya? So as to help future jurong mummies too!

batbat, same here...out of the blue, i had high fever & sore throat & was given 2 days mc yesterday. Panadol is crap, i popped like 6 tablets already but no use, only what my GP gave me, works. So worried will pass to my boy so these 2 days, i still send him to the centre. I thought can have a good rest yesterday but suddenly, my husband kia kiang went to fetch my boy at 2pm yesterday. He thought its CNY eve yesterday. Duhz. Of cos, the moment my boy is back, havoc sia! lol. Happy CNY too all mummies!

To all mummies,

恭喜发财!May we be always young & beautiful !!! Kaka

Butterwaffles
Precisely, it's a everyday routine regardless rain or shine. Keke. Do take care, panadol is juz normal mild painkiller. Sometimes I do stOck up those painkiller given by d Gp, better pop in when I felt Tat I'm going to be sick. nowadays, I fed my boy & myself w colostrum everyday to keep our immune system high. Coz d weather nwadays v cold... V easy to fall sick.

I'm nw busy doing my last min spring cleaning w my boy asleep & later till gota to prepare my reunion dinner coz my mil working v late tis yr. Stress le, me 1st time preparing d whole dinner. Lucky still gota help from hb, esle can't imagine w my boy touching here & there.

Happy CNY!

My ear is still block after the bad throat infection. Already sick for more than a week.
sad.gif

Mummies.. by the way, during your baby teething, the temperature a bit high. Beside barley, I remember there is another nature herbs to give to baby. Any one know?

Dear mummies,

Im new here. i stay at st 93
happy.gif

my boy is currently 14mths old le.

Hope to meet up with mummies ard jurong area.

Cheers.

morning everyone....today everyone shld be back to work....routine is back once again...but engine still not hot...haha....

Welcome Noel

mummypooh, my boy takes colostrum but i don't....what brand are you taking? My dad keeps nagging me to take chicken essence with american ginseng, saying american ginseng not heaty. I get fevers & sore throats pretty easily.

batbat, im now coughing like mad, so scared will pass to my boy. Other than barley water, my mum gives chrysanthemum & green bean soup to my boy. My boy loves the green bean soup, hahahah.

noel, welcome! Which block are you staying at? I'm at 987B...

cutiebb, long time no see, how was CNY??

hello butterwaffles.....sick since eve of cny...blocked nose all the way...and sneezing and sneezing...haha....wat a 2011 CNY....haha....then didnt enjoy alot of goodies cos scare wait fever...haha...but then passed very fast lor...

cutiebb, alot of people sick right before CNY! I had fever and sore throat 2 days before CNY also...miserable. Now coughing alot. ZZzZzzzz....feel more tired after CNY lor.

Noel,

A warm welcome,;p. Hey, my boy is ard the same "age" as yr boy. He's born ard end Nov, hw abt yr boy?

Butterwaffles,

I'm taking Symbiotics Colostrum plus in capsules form, which I felt easier to ingest. Keke. Though they do have in powder form whereby u can put them in yr beverages. I'm also "heating" type, though i drink lots of plain water everyday. if I finish d pack of potato chips by myself, I sure get sore throat. So whenever I feeling heaty or sick, I quickly drink this " xia Shan ju" water which is v efficient.

Btw does yr mum put any sugar in d green bean soup for yr boy? Juz pandan leaf w green bean? Hw abt red bean? I still stick to d diet suitable under 12 mth coz pple said kids r still prone to allergy until 2 yrs old?

My tummy also not so gd during Cny, must be those Cny goodies & gd food. Keke nw I must eat light & simple meals... Pay back time.

Hi,
恭喜发财!
Wish U and your family 身体健康 & to the lovely mummies here 天天青春美丽!

Hi Noel,
Welcome.

I think my boy cough a flu bug too over the CNY weekend. Must hv got it from other kids. Coz last nite he started to hv blocked nose.

Now I am very worried that he can't start his childcare next week if he is sick.
sad.gif

Anyway, during the visiting, I didnt eat much of the snacks and goodies. But I bought a lot to stock up at home for visitors.
Now me and Hb have to 'clear' it liao.. wow think post CNY become fatter for me.

Hope my friends and siblings who are coming to my place this weekend will help to clear.

Hello mummies,

Happy New Year to all.. Have been busy.. finally got time to come in for awhile..

I was reading through past posts and saw that someone mentioned about the robot cleaner.. My hb bought the iRobot and i can say its really good.. auto clean the whole house until very clean.. only need to mop and vaccum those corners that the iRobot cannot reach..

My hb, my gal and me all sick before CNY... but luckily recover during CNY.. nowadays everyone is coughing and sniffing away in office..

Noel – welcome.. I also at st 93

mummypooh, the green bean soup is really just green bean...i don't know have pandan leave or not thou. She set aside one small bowl for my boy, the rest she cooks with rock sugar ;p Red bean is heaty ah, so try not to give bah. When i boil barley water for my boy, it's really just barley and water only ^^ I personally feel the lesser extra stuff, the better. My boy has tried egg yolk already and no problem. Im refraining from letting him try egg white thou. Since a month ago, my dad has been putting into a teeny weeny bit of marmite in my boy's porridge. But for me, i still don't use Marmite...i've not given him any bread as well for now. Not sure when i will let him try abit thou. I agree capsules are easier! I totally cannot swallow stuff, always beg my GP to give me syrup.

ashwen, have you manage to get back the deposit from 922? Tomorrow i'm going down to Little Wings to collect my refunded deposit. Soon or later, your boy will fall sick after joining childcare de. If that's the case, your MIL will take care of him or you have to take leave? I never buy anything for CNY, only 1kg of bak kwa and some packet drinks, lol. No-one visiting my place either...coming weekend i have chalet at Changi for my boy's first birthday, so another busy weekend ah.

cheesecake, you have any experiece with steam vaccum cleaners? Not sure if they are really better. I've finally managed to secure a place at 1 of the childcare centres in Sengkang for my boy. Later need to call Florence to check if i can go down to see her to complete the withdrawal forms. I'm so reluctant to give up the place at Ichiban.

Ashwen – we using the Roomba cost around $1,100 to 1,200 (cant rem the exact amount offhand).. its the highest end model.. My hb said its very easy to clean. When i saw the staff doing the demo, it seems quite simple to clean.. but only thing is the battery lifespan is 1 year. So after that, need to bring back to change a new battery, which need to pay. Its good, becos you can use the “light house” which is sensors to restrict which area you want it to clean.. then that, I can feel the floor is really very clean.. when wkends time, my hb usually will still vacuum again, but its very little dust or hair left.. Overall I find it a good investment, esp when my girl will always walk/sit around or sometimes lie on the floor..

Butterwaffles – nope, haven’t tried the steam vacuum cleaner before, we are using the waterbased one, after clean then throw the water along with the dirt etc. Hey, congrats, at least can secure the place in SK now... for your case really no choice but to give up.. now my SIL gal also ok with going to Ichiban too, everyday my girl will welcome her at gate, then walk together to sit down for bfast haha.. my FIL said they do that everyday..

I also just got back my IFC deposit from 922.. can you imagine.. from mid nov until now then got the cheque! Now still at home, haven’t cash in yet.. haha..

Noel – wow SAHM.. good hor...

Hi Butterwaffles,
I havent paid anything for 922 yet. But the pic said it was her staff's mistake not to collect $ from me. And since I filled up the form for enrollment, I shd have at least paid the reg fees, even if I decided to withdraw now. She said will check with the Admin/ Finance dept if I need to pay for reg fees. If need, will call me to go and pay. Very funny hor.

cheesecake,
wow really high end leh.. I saw one cheap cheap one Cleanmate QQ, dun noe gd or not..
another I saw on Amazon.com Neato.
Some reviews call Neato - the Irobot killer. abt S$800 plus.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/24/neato-xv-11-robotic-vacuum-review/

got good & bad for being at sahm..

no income leh...buy things must think hard hard lor..

waiting for my boy to be 18mths then see if suitable for cc anot..

which cc is good ard our area?

cheesecake, i called Florence liao, she very efficient, told me ok, will mail me the cheque after a month, if not call her again. I feel abit sian because my gut instincts tell me that Ichiban is better than the SK centre that i've gotten for my boy. But it's really a nightmare getting a centre in Sengkang/Punggol. Everywhere don't allow me to register and pay to secure a place, all ask me to call back when my boy turns 18 months. I've managed to get 3 centres who are willing to let me pay to secure a place first so out of these 3, i managed to see one that i feel quite ok with but it's also the most expensive. Wuhahahah! I think govt really works quite slow leh. Fast to collect money, slow to refund ;p Now that you describe your auto cleaner, i feel tempted also. Indeed, my boy spends most of his time on the floor. In the long run, really save alot of time...and money compared to getting a part-time cleaner. $1200 is like $100 per month. Now part-time cleaner rate is what? $12 per hour for a minimum of 4 hours? So its $48? Getting the auto cleaner is still cheaper. How much is the new battery?

noel, wow SAHM! Tired right? I mean, i would if im a SAHM...My boy is 3 months younger than yours, hehe. So far, no arrangement of playdates here leh. It's hard to fix a time, i think so far, most are FTWMs here? But i work a 5 day week thou...

ashwen, because hor, if you withdraw after paying the registration fees and the 1 month deposit, you can only get back your deposit, registration fees cannot return one. I also lugi the $50 registration fee when i withdraw my boy from Ichiban. If they never call then suan le lor, heh. By the way, these kind of robot cleaners, do they totally replace vaccume & mop? 2-in-1 kind?

noel, you returning to workforce after your boy goes cc? Since now he is 14months old, you have to start searching liao. It's madness lor...

noel, now my boy in infantcare at PCF Blk 922. I initially managed to secure a place for him at Ichiban Montessori Childcare at Yunnan but i had to give up the place as i'm moving back to stay with my parents in Sengkang soon. If you are interested in a few centres, you have to put your boy's name down first...just in case you get lucky lor. There are many centres in Jurong. But they are also full *faint*

Noel,

My boy DOB is 26 Nov 09, same mth as yr boy. Keke. Me too have the same plan as u, SAHM until my boy reaches 18mth to go CC. But must c can he adapt a not. :p me too aldy sign up for a few CC bt under waiting list. No luck yet. If still can't get in, then I will try playgroup let him to develop some social skills.

Butterwaffles,

Me too fed my boy w chrysanthemum & barley but he can detect d taste & refuse to drink. So I mix it w his milk. Wahaha. Somemore he dun like to drink plain water.. Headache le. Any mummies noe hw to make yr child to drink more water?

Noel – yes, you really have to start searching now if you plan to send to CC.. the waitlist is very long sometimes... which blk you staying at?

Butterwaffles – how come they don’t let you secure the place first leh? So far, all the CC/IFC I enquire before are ok with securing a place leh... how much is the CC in SK? Yaloh... I call many times to enquire but only until just before CNY then finally call to ask us to collect the cheque. Yeah, at first my hb wanna buy, I also abit hesitant cos quite exp mah.. but its only after buying and seeing it at work at home, then i really feel its worth the buy.. i think new battery is $70-$80.. at most $100, so still ok lah... but my girl super scare of it.. see already will cry and ask us to turn off haha... though it remove dirt and dust, also need to mop.. cos still got some dust to wipe off with water.. but its less tedious than before..

Mummypooh – trying feeding water in a bottle with straw or use a cup then put in a straw. The first time my girl used a straw in a cup outside, she drank down the whole big glass of water.. cos its like something new to her

Today so many postings, trying to catch up.

fever
So baby can feed with crysanthema and green bean from which mth onwards?

Noel
Hi there.
For CC, i think it is better you walk around to see for yourself. What works for others may not works for you. Example, I like 922 but distance is a little bit problem. Brightsun is just a stone thrown away but I don't like it.
So I choose one which is not far but also not near (crossing an overhead bridge is killing me though).
All time favourite for all is of course NTUC My First Skool.

Heatiness
I also that type get heaty easily.

Cheesecake,

I gave my boy those cup w a hole on top for d straw. But d prob is he manage to sip d water & overflow lots of water out of his mouth also. Kaka. Maybe too much for him to swallow. He also drink a bit then start to Play w d straw & d cup. Hiaz. Can I give him fruit juice in diluted or original form at 14mth nw?

ya lor, already put names at selected cc le..

hope got good news!

finally can relax abit, my boy sleep le..

drink using cup but with straw? my boy loves that.

mummypooh, i also tot so, if no space then try those 2 hrs playgroup. which one u intend to put? u boy start to talk liao?

i stay blk 978.

Noel,

Hmm, tinting to put him at Talent plus PG which is near My plc at St 61. Keke Havnt reali source for Playgroup(PG) yet coz duno whether he can adapt to it.

Hw abt u? Any PG in mind?

My boy always said "papa"... "ma" & he juz learned a new word "ball". Other than tat can't figure out wat he's saying liao.Haha. Hw abt yr boy?

Mummypooh - if possible, try not to give fruit juice cos its sweet mah.. until now, I dont give my girl sweet drinks, so she still loves to drink plain water.. hmm, you try to use a cute water bottle? see if thats works.. cos I realize my girl or SIL girl, when they see something new, they will want to try it.. now my girl into using cup by herself.. she finds it fun, so keep drinking water haha...

batbat - green bean soup considered liang right? think cannot give too often..

noel - not to worry so much now.. wait for the news from the CC...

morning mummies.....

welcome Noel....

wow the irobot kinda of ease to use hor... but my house too many stuff small place.... so ended i also don bother..... haha maybe because my kids older mah.... hee hee....

cheesecake,
Your house open for roomba viewing and desmontration?
Noisy or not?
My "wawa" hates things with roller/wheel (eg, walker, stroller, bicycle, etc). She either bark, bite or hide from it.
If getting this, I m afraid she may bite it.

Morning mummies...suddenly this thread is so lively...hehe...

about drinking water...my ger also dun like to drink, maybe becos lst 6 mths i nv let her drink water at all cos its advisable not to as bb organs not fully develop, drink water mite cause toxic and damage to their organs...

so now, for my ger, i will buy a few different kinds of bottles and cups...so everytime will change if she start dun like drinking water...but most effective is using spoon to feed her and tok to her and drink at the same time...haha...

cutiebb, my boy will starting his toddlers' class at a sengkang cc from 15 Aug onwards so that's when i will move to sengkang. But weekends i will go back to my jurong house as it's a must to let my boy go to my MIL's every Sunday. Now considering to rent another room out from September onwards since we won't be at home most of the time.

mummypooh, my boy hates plain water too so what i do is pour water into the avent via cup and feed him from it. Or i will bring him to the kitchen and in front of him, pick up 1 or 2 small cups and let him choose, then from there, he will drink lor. Add into milk also ok but you can't be diluting the milk with plain water. What the teachers at my boy's centre do is add into the milk because they also bobian liao. Hahahaha....Too much fruit juice even diluted, can cause tooth decay
happy.gif
Can give but moderately lor...i give my boy pear juice when i noticed that his stools are harder than usual.

cheesecake, its because they say i call too early and that even if they hold the place for me, they cannot guarantee by August will still have vacancy for my boy because if parents who have kids who turn 18 months first and need a place urgently, they will give priority to them...demand is too high so they cannot afford to hold a place for too long. $100 battery i also think its ok! Divide by 12 months is less than $10 per month, wuhahahahaha! Not bad leh, i feel that if really pressed for time, we have no choice but to invest in technology to help us out ;p I've recently started preparing dinner for my boy using the thermal pot and it's a life-saver. But because i only cook my boy's share, the pot cannot seem to keep it very warm, i have to warm it up again when i reach home. But already very good liao because impossible for me to cook fresh porridge when i reach home, too late le...The sengkang cc costs $550 after the govt subsidy *faint*

batbat, my boy turning 1 next week, he started taking green bean and chrysanthemum a month back. For barley, he started much earlier, like 4 months? My MIL fed him...but my PD said before that such stuff better to give abit only after bb is really consuming solids liao. I can't stop my MIL that time, so no choice...Just remember to give anything in moderation. I remember when my boy was younger, i resorted to giving him water using spoon and he will sip because it's new to him. Every 10, 15 mins, i give him spoonfuls of water. I don't force if he refuses thou because i don't want him to be turned off by water. Now everytime i feed him porridge, i have a small bowl of water next to me. After every few spoonfuls of porridge, i give him water and he will drink. Else you can trying cooking soups and let him drink too?

noel, 978? Meaning your house can really see the swimming pool right?? Since you live at 978, you can consider Ichiban Montessori Childcare, haha...i've just given up my boy's place, maybe you can call the principal to ask still got space or not. Should have lar i think...

cutiebb, yes staying with my parents and yes too, i'm selling my house but only after i get my new house in Sengkang or Punggol. We are going to try for a BTO flat, we'll see if we can get lucky. If managed to get one, we'll sell the jurong flat nearer to the new flat's completion date and continue to rent out our MBR in the meantime...so far my tenants are fine so if they wish to continue the lease after a year, i'm fine too....

ashwen, hahaha...not so soon! Not sure will be Sengkang, maybe Punggol also. Heh....my MIL sure faint if she knows but we are not saying anything until everything is confirmed, which will be quite a while from now. So i just tahan for the time being....

Hi,

Anyone want tupperware?
I got lobang.
Offering me home delivery and 10% discount (both if above certain amount).

PM me n I link up.

I am in progress to "purchase" from her/him.

butterwaffles...do you noe is it we must wat till exactly 5 yrs then we can BTO another flat...or meanwhile now we can BTO?

Back