5months baby boy not drinking milk nor taking cereals.. help needed

clarissa,
the gym was fun. my boy was afraid initially,kept clinging to me. but once the class started he becm interested esp wen he sees all the other kids sitting ard in a circle,then wen we started singing and do all the actions, he oso 'sing' along and kept smiling. after tat, there's no stopping him..he will crawl towards other kids and touch them. he was nv in company of so many other children and was so curious abt the whole experience. itz super gd social interaction for him. there was a segment where the parents had to leave the bbs with the teachers for awhile,they had toys to play with..and my ah boy din even look for me lor!! he was busy rummaging the toyboy..dun wan mummy anymre. haha!! it was fun!
at the end of the class, he found a little girl to play ball with and din wanna go home.

i dun noe they had a branch at GWC..tot only 1 at marine parade n 1 at woodlands..

im sure ricco will enjoy it mre, since he so outgg.
happy.gif

how was the superfoods bk? tried anythg? i made the cheese sauce to go with his pasta. Oh! the millet u gotta soak in water 1st,i soak overnite..easier to cook.

Clarissa, I see. He's very excited when come to shower time in his bath tub, so I just assume that he is ok with the pool. Ok, will bring him to pool try out first.

Thanks Edde. Oh dear, I bought some Yoplaits for my boy and he had one few days ago, but then suddenly he didn't like to take when I gave him again on Sat. so I gotto take his left over. Maybe he could tastes the metalic taste? But I didnt realise any difference leh. Have to go back and check carefully tonight.

some updates on anthea

coming 7.5mths, she is 5.36kg, 68cm, head 42cm, from 5.15kg, 64cm, 41.5cm at 6mths.

sungrapes - hope you are well
happy.gif
better stay away from boy if you are still sick
sad.gif
sounds like boy is having alot of fun! hah, you were still saying he always blur blur... he's not blur at all it seems
happy.gif
GWC is 'my gym' not gymboree and they only accept 14mths up
happy.gif

i brought ricco to gymboree at vivo on sun. class gg on, he dun bother, walk here and there, play by himself, crawl climb everywhere, ppl form a circle, he walks right into the middle of the circle, eyeing everyone around him. so many toys ard, but he prefer to snatch others' and he snatches hard. so me whole time busy half supporting him here and there and the other half of the time saying 'no ricco no'. tired man!

superfoods is good. not done with reading...think over 700 pages long. so its worth my monies spent
happy.gif
i started giving peach and i wanna give pauls' yoghurt too. read that so long its full milk based yoghurt, plain ones are infact better than the so called babies yoghurt with added sugar and whatsnot. will add in own fruits and maybe vege? hahaha...i started giving ricco finger foods/snacks too. carrot sticks/pumpkin slices.. gotta train them to eat by themselves
happy.gif
read that legumes are good. but i think too young to start legumes.. sekali allergy.. so better wait. furthermore, i dun really know alot of names inside. split peas? flaxseed? lin (something..) sigh! dun even know how to spell or pronounce the names!..what are all these??? i dun even know how they look like! how to give ???

sonic - ricco loooves the shower too. but when comes to pool initially, he was abit scared lor.. think tooo vast
happy.gif
yah let him try out and get used to it 1st. else go class seems abit wasteful

clarissa,
how old is Rico? Is gymboree @Vivo good? Is it bigger and better equipped? The main branch is at Forum Orchard right? Do they only provide classes or do they also have adhoc playtime sessions(e.g. 1 hr)?

msworri, tall eh? march 2007 thread got a few babies already 70cm, so i tot anthea is not that tall aft all..
happy.gif

msworri - ricco's 8mths 1 week. gymboree at both vivo and tanglin mall are rather new. tanglin mall's gymboree just renovated. comparatively, vivo one is bigger and better lit. yes they do have just gym time. you can just bring the kid there to use those equipments
happy.gif
pay minimal sum.

edde, do not feel disheartened or resigned. anthea is a healthy and happy baby! maybe shes just got the thin and tall genes lor
happy.gif
i see some babies about 1 yr old or so.. barely 8kgs.. so hor, i try not to think too much about ricco's wts these days liao.

Clarissa,
Thanks! Hmmm...it does sound exciting. Thinking of trying my gal out for the gym time....BTW, can use the "Baby Bonus" account to pay for the class fees?
happy.gif

msworri - for me, i will just get my boy to go for the gym free play. cos for classes, he also bochap not participating. waste my monies only
happy.gif

baby bonus for kid 1 3K you can use anywhere anytime you like cos credit into your acct mah. for baby 2, 1st 3 k credited. 2nd 3k is match dollar for dollar saviings. this you cant use. can only use for kid's edu and now i think can use also for medical.

think cant use for playtime la
happy.gif
hahahaha...sekali the govt see we use for playtime, decide to take away how? hahahahacc

clarissa,
agree, v difficult to use/take out $$ govt gave...sigh.....

I'm also think d free play better, no need tie myself to class schedules...
happy.gif

ms worri - which gym you intend to go? i wanna bring kiddo this weekend also. wanna go togt? wanna check out julia gab as well. so fast! my boy now coming 8.5mths... before i know it, he will already become a big boy.. will sure miss miss his baby days
happy.gif
even now i see his latest pic hor, i think he is a big boy already
happy.gif

1038108.jpg

clarissa,
how much do they charge for free play? I intend to try d one at Vivo...but not sure if i can make it this weekend...
happy.gif

Are you a SHM? Won't weekday be better, because lesser crowd?

clarissa,
the 1 at parkway is oso 'my gym'..din noe can jus pay for free play leh..aw, let him make some frends oso gd..

ah boy is now learning to walk,hold onto his toybox with wheels and walk here and there..i gonna get heart attack soon.

Ricco looks gd! frm the way u describe him at gym, he very sociable..not those shy type.

u can google those unfamiliar foods,tatz wat i do..or spend some time at a gd supermart and slowly browse thru. those flaxseed,linseed not really necc lah.

i haven even do my boy's bb bonus yet!

msworri- i think for gymboree $15 for non members and $10 for members free play 1hr during specific timings only. i am go vivo this weekend. let me know if you are gg
happy.gif
i am working thus cant make it weekdays
happy.gif
friday i can though cos i work 4days workweek

sungrapes, i wont use the word sociable to describe him. i think he is more bochap. he dun really bother whether theres ppl playing with him or what the teacher or the rest of the kids are doing.. he just carry out his own business. hehehehe...you know me la, when i hear this good that good, i wanna give also. KS mah
happy.gif
hahaha...those seeds not necessary? ok good! no need worry over what they are.. all looks alien to me!

HUH! better get the bonus fast! just fill in the form mah...else kenna confiscate!

edde,
nice to c anthea put on wt,growing up well..very fast,she's almost 7.5mo.!!

is she crawling evwhere? teething? being nottie?
happy.gif

clarissa,
I'll try her out for 1/2 sessions and see how...if she ike it, then I join member!
happy.gif

Weekends a bit difficult to join u, because almost all my weekend activities are adhoc...Was thinking of taking leave on a weekday, if possible.
happy.gif

sungrapes, yes, time flies, and soon anthea will be 1 yr old! cant believe it..

she is not crawling yet and has no intention to learn. i put her belly down and she starts to cry
sad.gif
but she can sit without support and stand with support liao. very relieved to see her devt on track.
happy.gif

edde
wow!! stand without support?? amazing! ashley cant even stand with support. she can sit without support only.

edde,
Glad to hear anthea is on track! My gal only start to crawl on fours when she's ard 8mth, before that, she didn't even do the leopard crawl. :p

ms worri - felt abit overdose of gymboree. brought ricco for freeplay last sat and he don't really enjoy. cos they actually kept all the toys! during class, toys will be ard, all over the gym. meaning its just an empty gym. so its no fun.

i am thinking of trying out julia gabs. anyone?

hi mummies,
where evbody?? hope all bbs and mummies doing well..
happy.gif

me been busy trying to plan his bday..so fast,gonna b 1yo soon! nowadays wen i c newborn bbs in the mall i miss his bb days..kinda forgot those days liao!

now my boy is learning to walk..so 2day bought a pair of shoes for him,XL size,itz the largest 1 liao and still 2 small for him..lucky is not exp type.i wanna let him wear it wen we go playgrd to walk walk cos b4 tat i let him walk barefooted and his feet becm so dirty!

im mixing bell peppers into his food,esp the yellow clr type,cos always carrots and pumpkin or sweet potatoes as his orange vege,so boring.

edde,
any chance of a pict of anthea now? wonder how she's doing now.

clarissa,
did u go Julia gabs? this gym class im gg, so funny leh..the mummies/daddies nv talk to each other type..tot could make some mummy frends.

"Hi Aunties! i am turning 8 mths old tmr!"
1066024.jpg

haha, sungrapes, this photo is taken 1.5mth ago... me got no updates on anthea, she is still the same... sigh..

wonder how valc and ashley are doing now too.. valc any update on ashley? she taking semi solids well now?

so sungrapes, how r u gonna celebrate yr darling's 1st birthday !!??

bringing anthea to kindermusik later.. excited
happy.gif

anthea looks so cuteeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

ashley is still the same too. perhaps drinking more for the day feeds, but night feeds is reduced. so it breaks even. i put 140 in day feeds and 100 in night feeds now. each day takes abt 600. semi solids still dunno how to eat. 7mths already.

and my son jared 2.5yrs old still giving me feeding problems. always refuse to eat. he lost 1kg over 1week cos was sick. din drink milk for 8 days. now back to drinking milk but still refuse to eat sometimes. keeps spitting out and making a mess.

hi sungrapes and all,

yap went JG last monday. Myself and son enjoys it. personally prefers JG out of the lot
happy.gif
am gg to put him in class after this term ends. so its gonna be 2x per week. wow your boy is doing very well in solids
happy.gif

yes ms worri, its weekday class only for JG. so no choice, i gotta pretend to work out from hm for 2 mornings. no more 4days workweek for me.

edde, anthea looks a nice size for a 7or8mth old (pic taken when she was 6.5?). no need to worry about her wts liao

thx valc! hee... ashley is drinking ok thou not on semi solids yet.. she wont even eat cereal? i started anthea on cereal and EYS mi hu before porridge, maybe u can try..

clarrisa, thx for yr reassurance.. i am happy that she is healthy despite her wt.. thank god for that
happy.gif

edde,
anthea's smile is so sweet! Glad to hear that she is growing well and healthy!
happy.gif

I brought my gal to ExplorerKids last weekend...found that she is not that socialable and very timid - didn't dare to play in the ball pool and didn't "play" with other babies...was a bit worried...maybe i should expose her to other children more often.

thx msworri
happy.gif

we brought anthea to kindermusik last sun tog with other march mummies and their babies. anthea enjoyed herself! going again this sun with the march mummies again... fun!

Anthea, happy 8mo!
kao_cheers.gif

edde,
Anthea looks so cheerful and HAPPY..great job! she's grown so much since the last pict u posted. Sm mre dressed till so stylo loh!

im doing my boy's bday at downtown east..there's alot of stuff to do there so the guests wun b bored and i dun have to entertain ev1 at the same time..im glad to have all my frends and family to celebrate this 'milestone'..frm babyhood to toddlerhood.

this kindermusik, where is it? i went crestar and they say they gonna start smthg like it..watz the program like? there's so many enrichment classes, i oso confused liao. But very sad lor..next yr gonna work so wun hav the time to do all these fun stuff with him. smtimes i look at him and i REALLY cant bear to leave him.

valc,
hmm..u mean ashley still dun wanna swallow her food?

msworri,
bbs this age is like tat..they still dun noe the concept of playing with each other. they wun noe how to group play till 2yo. and the ball pool gv them a floating sensation, which is new to them..gv her some time to get use to it. My boy initially oso sit inside gong gong, dun dare to move..after a while then he realise itz ok to move and he now always climb into the ball pool by himself. u can bring her to places with many children etc playgrd and let her ppl watch abit. dun rush her to join in if she's afraid else she will grow fearful of these classes then next time refuse to go anymre.

sungrapes,
ya lor, i shld give her some more time, but i saw a lot of other bbs at her age happily "exploring" other bbs leh.....and i brought her to playgrd n shopping before...haiz...maybe is in-born...maybe inherit the "shyness" frm me...heeheehehe
happy.gif

sungrapes
yes, ashley seems to be still not interested in food. she turns away, doesn't open her mouth, doesn't move it to back to swallow at 7mths already. wonder why also. damn strange. my son at 6mths received it v well. this time i'm jus clueless dunno wat to do also. other babies taking 1 full bowl already. and my cousin's bb same age even taking rice.

guess wat?? i finally made it to cdg!! got to sit in the new 300ER. and in the fat ass wide seats in PCL for landing. they were huge!! i'm here now. in the room. jus got in last night. hehehe but damn suay of all times there is a transport strike that jus started the day we arrived at 8pm and will last indefinitely. looks like anywhere we go will have to be on foot. can we walk to the louvre? same hotel. any recommendations on food? we had the beef and fries last night.

sungrapes, kindermusik is something like a "music" class, the teacher will sing the babies do movements in groups/circles. its more to stimulate their senses. its more like a "guided" class rather than free play like gymboree.. so i like it.. teach me new things to "play" with anthea
happy.gif
we went to the one at tanglin mall.. quite nice..

http://www.kindermusik.com.sg/

http://www.kindermusik.com.sg/curricula_village.htm

you are going back to flying soon? so envious.. i had wanted to be a air stewardess, but i cant swim and is afraid of water.. but face and figure also cant make it lah. haha..

valc, u in paris now? so nice... enjoy yrself!

eh! valc, u in paris hah? ENVY loh!! my hb say wan bring me to BATAM oni!!

wait,let me recall where the hotel...itz a looong walk to the louvre leh,dun think can go by foot..muz take train leh..if u wan chinese food, there's the vietamese makan joint, turn right out of hotel, the doorway is red clr..my info is at least 3yo hor! on the way to the walking st got alot of restaurants,can eat their seafood cold platter and oysters..yum!yum! left of hotel got the mussels in white wine restaurant..is the crepes shop still there? u must eat 1 nutella crepe on my behalf loh! im drooling liao!

but got transport strike,very hard to venture too far..can take SLOW, LONG, ROMANTIC walk to champs elyees(wrong spelling lah!) Last resort, juz follow the crew lor!keke! Enjoy urself hor!

edde,
thks for links.will chk them out.
next yr go training, but dun noe exact date yet..

last time still very young, follow my vain frend go interview,in the end, kena stuck for so long in this line..

Mummies,
Does your bb "shiver" a lot? For the past 1 month, my 10mth gal shiver on and off, regardless what she is doing and where she is, this occurs almost everyday..should this b of any concerns??

msworri,
i guess all the bbs grew up,start eating solids, so milk feed is not so great a problem anymre,tatz y all the complaining stops? itz the case for me..my boy will b 1yo this sat..i figure he's all grown up now,eating well and super active, now he's learning to walk,dun wanna b carried anymre.so every moment im walking with him,holding onto his hands,he oso nap less so really busy with him. he's gotten a runny nose almost 2 wks liao.

i hope all mummies and bbs r dong well.

abt the shivering thg, if itz not too late to share..i read frm the 'wat to expect' series tat itz a common accurence,nothg to worry abt at all.

Thanks, sungrapes! I think you are right... our bbs have grown up and we may/may not be facing other problems...
happy.gif

Anyway, may all mummies + bbs have a SUPER HaPpY Christmas & New Year! Cheers!
happy.gif

sungrapes
both my babies having runny noses too. ashley bn crying in the middle of the nights. cos she can't breathe properly i think. i'm so freaking tired. jared not so bad. still running around like monkey.

so fast your boy 1 yr old already. how time flies. i wish that ashley would quickly grow up. are you going to have a big birthday party for him?

i did walk to the louvre from the hotel and back. and got a bad cold after that. coughed till my tummy muscles hurt. and i did eat vietnamese like everyday sometimes 2ce a day. my hb is a chinaman and he likes his meepok. i on the other hand like bread and cheese and salads. and their pastries there are to die for!!! there's a bakery nearby which we visited 2ce everyday.

valc,
i noe wat u mean abt ashley crying middle of nite..mine oso like tat.tried to zz with him once and whole nite din get to zz,after tat pass him back to nanny. really admire those mummies who take care of their bbs w/o any help. sad to say, my nanny is gg back end of Dec..so now i panic liao wnever i think of me and bb ALONE, sleepness nites!! im sourcing for maid this wk,pray i can get a gd one.

is ashley taking any med for runny nose? the doc gv me Fedac,but i gv oni 2ce aday cos after taking it he is SUPER fussy and grumpy,dun noe y. any any gd med for runny nose ?? the nose running for so long liao leh.

how's paris? got c mona lisa? glad u manage to get ard even with the transport strike. i think capetown is so beautiful,next time got chance can follow ur hb there oso.

sungrapes, valc,
if d illness is running v long, maybe u wanna try seeing Chinese doc instead? My gal also have persistent cough even after a few bottles of cough syrup, but after seeing chinese doc, she recovered after 1 week medication.

hi edde,

How's anthea growth now?

happens to see the tread subject about baby not drinking milk....me face the same problem too, my gal, now 8.5 mths, oso have drinking milk problem
sad.gif
Her weight is usually at the lower percentile, not sure whether i should be worried as PD always saids ok. he mentioned that her milk intake should be fine at 400 ml per day + 2 solid per day, i find this not so right le...can anyone advise?

hi jace, anthea's wt has fallen off the chart for the longest time !! not even 3%tile..

besides not drinking well, is yr gal happy and healthy? if so, i think shld be ok.. if u r still worried, maybe u can seek 2nd opinion? wats her wt now?

Back