Baby not pooping after 3-5 days.. HELP !!

ng_ch

Hi,

My Baby boy starts off with breast milk & formula milk after returning from hospital since birth. Used to poop daily which I believe it's their immature stomach couldn't handle as well.

But into 2month, baby boy starts to poop only every 3days.
After 2.5 months, baby starts to poop every 5-6 days interval.
Is this normal ? I am currently in the United States, the PD says is Oki .., but baby is giving out smelly gas yet the PD days ita ok.. PD even insert his finger into baby anus to check if any possible poops near the anus if baby has one.

PD gaves the reasoning that baby is digesting well thus no poop at all but .. he just didn't say much on the smelly gas.. Baby let out. HELP need any advise ?

In the Inited States, the PD don't advise us to feed water or juice at less than 6 months !! Regardless of breast milk or formula milk as they are already water content.
But if we insist on feeding water , PD advises us only 1 ounce (30ml) twice per day ( day one/night one ).

But PD advises strictly no juice at less than 6 months.

Currently baby is 3 months only poop after 5-7 days once.
Poop is solid paste initially then slightly pasty water like soft.

PD still says its normal !!!

This is while thing normal ??
I'm Asian too .. our patents or grandparents would say baby need to poop daily then is healthy.

Is my baby healthy ?
Baby seems happy daily but when we try to feed him he will kick his legs and cried easily especially after the 3 -4 days of no poop onwards.

Please advice .
Thank you
NGCH

Hi, my own 1 month old sometimes doesn't poop for 2-3 days, many on the www says it is normal. But you would know Asians like to get into the habit of making it a routine. Does his tummy look full and distended at normal times (not after feeds)?

There's a few ways to help him:

1 every morn lift his legs like you would when changing diaper and make mmmm mmmm sounds

2 give him a tummy and leg massage to move the bowels - check YouTube for help videos

3 per my PD, insert a wet cotton bud into his anus and swab gently

4 and the quickest way I got from my PD, insert a tube of enema gel and induce. Poop comes on within the next 10-15 min

I also do give him a little water to drink to help him as I feel FM is heaty. Poop consistency and color varies for breast milk and FM fed babies. Some FM gives more solid poop.

Just sharing my experience and hope it helps. Good luck!

Hi, BabyG

Thank you for the detail advices.
I will try out and try mmmm my baby boy onwards as habit.
Hope he learn over time.

Can you take a photo of the enema gel and send to my gmail [email protected] ?

I want to check if I can find in the area I stay in states.
Just to be sure I'm buying the right one too.

Thank you
Best Regards,
NGCH

hi,BabyG
baby stomach doesn't look full before the feeds at normal times, flat..but after a few days of not popping the tummy looks bloated.

Thank you

Best Regards,

Hi hi. I emailed you the contents of the enema tube. When in doubt, see a PD. Else try to massage and relieve the gas and all with gasdrops or gripe water. I too am still learning how to take care of a newborn and look after his needs. It is a steep learning curve.

If the bb is well and happy, it's not so much of concern. My gal is pooping bi-weekly! Yes, I'm worried but PD says she's absorbing all the BM. And she's happy and well.
So just watch out for signs that bb shows.

If they are not well, they will be crying.
I know how it feels coz my parents are so worried and looking out for her poo all the time. And yes, her fart is super smelly. Doc says if they can pass gas, means there's no blockage!

I think I really need some advice in solving baby constipation bcos my DS been constipated for like few weeks already. My baby not pooping properly lehhh.. I bring him go doctor also no use!

Tummy massage works on my child or maybe u can try on other remedies bcos every kid body condition is different so might need to use diff ways… No matter how u still have to seek for a long term solution to solve your child constipation problem.. Look for milk with pre-biotic. It is good for child not pooping..

I have the same problem previously, but once I switched to Mamil for a week, it really works! I think because the pre-biotic in Mamil help to solve constipation problem! Better try to switch and see!

U can feed ur LO with some fruit cubes like what I did. Make sure cut it small small pieces so easier for them to consume!

I do not trust home remedies can treat constipation bcos i've tried nearly all of it.. I went to nutritionist and seek for their advise. They asked me to switched my girl formula cos it might be the cause of constipation. They recommend me Mamil and I give my last try on it.. Luckily it works and the results were surprisingly good.. No dark colour stool for my girl anymore.. If u have the same problem as me.. maybe u can try on Mamil..

IMHO, home remedies works better as the solution for baby constipation than milk powder la. Become so dependent on milk powder is not gooddd one lehhh cos some not organic ingredient which is harmful for baby's sensitive stomach.

I do not trust home remedies can treat constipation bcos i've tried nearly all of it.. I went to nutritionist and seek for their advise. They asked me to switched my girl formula cos it might be the cause of constipation. They recommend me Mamil and I give my last try on it.. Luckily it works and the results were surprisingly good.. No dark colour stool for my girl anymore.. If u have the same problem as me.. maybe u can try on Mamil..

Back