4 YO Kept Slipping Into Parents' Room in Middle of Night

zoki

My 4 YO son and 2 YO daughter have been sharing a room by themselves since birth. I switched my son to a toddler bed less than a year ago. For the past few weeks he will get up in the middle of the night to sleep with me.

I tried to ask him why he does that and he replies he wants me and want to sleep with me. I don't know what caused him to do that cos he has been sleeping alone in his baby cot before his little sis came along.

I wonder if it's becos we been encouraging him to wake up and go toilet if he needs to? But each time he comes to my bed he refused to go toilet and up till now he not night toilet trained yet.

Any advise how to stop him from coming to my room in the middle of the night and night toilet training? I dont want him to set an example to my daughter in future when she too needs to switch to toddler bed. My bed definietly no space for 2 adults and 2 kids.

My son have been co-sleeping with me since birth. Other than privacy, I'll usually suggest toddlers sleep on a separate bed beside parent's bed. so that the child can feel secured.

Agree with Petrina. That's how we arrange the mattresses. Also keen to know how to toilet train kid at night if anyone can help
happy.gif

Back