2016/11 (Nov) babies

Seems like it's quieten down here. Anyone keen to set up a WhatsApp chat? I can start up one. U can pm me ur name, Hp number, and EDD ;)

Hello Anyone!!! I am new here, I went to gynae on Thurs, currently 7 weeks 6days...this is my first baby, feeling nervous and excited :)

Hellos! I tested positive 2 weeks ago and had gynae checkup last week. My first baby and feels so surreal although the scan shows the sac and the heartbeat! My Edd is 3 Dec 16 but I heard that first time mothers tend to go into labour earlier? So might be end Nov baby too. Can add me (yeeyingmin.evelyn@ gmail. com) into Facebook group too?

Anyone staying in the West? Hehe Im at West side and I'm seeing Dr. Tho from Astra Women's Clinic.
Hi there congrats!! I'm staying in the west too.. But seeing another gynae..

I feel so terrible!! At my 9w today. already lost 1.5kg the past 2 weeks because the nausea is really so bad and making me completely no appetite that everything I buy I'd just eat 2 mouths and I'd be full already!

Even taking in plain water now makes me gag... to resolve this i'm drinking honey water and packet drinks but really worried that its sweetness overload :(

Been a few times that I cry on the sofa because I'm hungry but I just can't eat! Help anybody? what do you do to reduce this? I'm on sea bands, on dr medication (before meals) to reduce the terrible feeling but it's just not working out.

I feel so terrible!! At my 9w today. already lost 1.5kg the past 2 weeks because the nausea is really so bad and making me completely no appetite that everything I buy I'd just eat 2 mouths and I'd be full already!

Even taking in plain water now makes me gag... to resolve this i'm drinking honey water and packet drinks but really worried that its sweetness overload :(

Been a few times that I cry on the sofa because I'm hungry but I just can't eat! Help anybody? what do you do to reduce this? I'm on sea bands, on dr medication (before meals) to reduce the terrible feeling but it's just not working out.

Does sour plum help to reduce the nausea and vomiting? Just bear with it for another 3 more weeks u will end the 1st trimester... I heard 2nd trimester usually u will feel better and ur appetite will be back!

I've been through bad morning sickness and nausea in my 1st trimester during my 1st pregnancy and couldn't eat much. But 2nd trimester was much easier. Maybe you can drink lemon water or hot milo..try to avoid too much sugary drinks. Small meals are better than eating one large meal during lunch or dinner. Soda biscuits are good to aid in digestion and help reduce acid reflux. Now that it's my 2nd pregnancy I'm learning along the way too and this time it's much more manageable.

Hihi, I find that if I don't eat, I will also feel sick! Eat also puke, don't eat also puke. :x But when I look at foods, it's like "no way can I put that in my mouth". I'm also drinking honey and milo a lot. sometimes ginger water. I find cold drinks and salty chips help. Unhealthy to the max but it's something! I also nibble something every 2 hours or so. Jiayou! We can do this! I'm really hoping 2nd trimester's much better!

Hi all, I'm having very bad cough, sore throat and flu. I'm currently 8 weeks now. The cough was really bad thar I cough until my adominal pain. I'm given antibiotic Amoxil by Gp. Already 5 days and had not recover. So I called my gynae the nurse say their medicine were even milder. She advised me to complete my dose and see how. Anybody same down with bad cough? I'm very worried.

Hi all, I'm having very bad cough, sore throat and flu. I'm currently 8 weeks now. The cough was really bad thar I cough until my adominal pain. I'm given antibiotic Amoxil by Gp. Already 5 days and had not recover. So I called my gynae the nurse say their medicine were even milder. She advised me to complete my dose and see how. Anybody same down with bad cough? I'm very worried.

Hi babydust, I had the same when I just found out that I was preg at about 3+ wks.. lasted almost 2 weeks for me, coughed so much I had to sit up to sleep (and still cough violently, abdominals hurt too!). I took meds from GP (before testing positive) and still sick, after that more meds from gynae. tablet for throat inflamation, cough syrup, lozenges etc. I was also very worried esp cos I had prev MC recently. I read that the coughing won't affect baby cos he/she is nice and cosy in a cushy bubble. Try to drink more water and rest more when you can! O yeh and I was pretty desperate, I googled natural remedies/relief... I tried gargling with salt water and drinking honey with some lemon too. Try not to stress and GET WELL SOON!

Hi all mommies.. I'm new here and I'm also a first time mom.. :) Now I'm at 9wks+.. Feeling very excited and happy.. :D
Does anybody eat fast food like McDonald or Texas? Is it safe to eat the burger? Craving for McSpicy but I'm not too sure if I can consume the mayonnaise in the burger.. Although my gynae said it is not a healthy food but just feel like eating it.. Any advice?

Hi babydust, I had the same when I just found out that I was preg at about 3+ wks.. lasted almost 2 weeks for me, coughed so much I had to sit up to sleep (and still cough violently, abdominals hurt too!). I took meds from GP (before testing positive) and still sick, after that more meds from gynae. tablet for throat inflamation, cough syrup, lozenges etc. I was also very worried esp cos I had prev MC recently. I read that the coughing won't affect baby cos he/she is nice and cosy in a cushy bubble. Try to drink more water and rest more when you can! O yeh and I was pretty desperate, I googled natural remedies/relief... I tried gargling with salt water and drinking honey with some lemon too. Try not to stress and GET WELL SOON!

Hi Deb89, glad to know that you had recovered. I have also tried all these natural remedies! I'm looking forward to recover. I find that before pregnant it only takes a few days to recover but now seems forever. Looking forward to recover. And thank you for sharing, it's good to know that I'm not alone.

Hi all mommies.. I'm new here and I'm also a first time mom.. :) Now I'm at 9wks+.. Feeling very excited and happy.. :D
Does anybody eat fast food like McDonald or Texas? Is it safe to eat the burger? Craving for McSpicy but I'm not too sure if I can consume the mayonnaise in the burger.. Although my gynae said it is not a healthy food but just feel like eating it.. Any advice?

I just ate McSpicy last weekend, no problem! Unhealthy doesn't mean it's banned, just consume in moderation :p

Hihi, I find that if I don't eat, I will also feel sick! Eat also puke, don't eat also puke. :x But when I look at foods, it's like "no way can I put that in my mouth". I'm also drinking honey and milo a lot. sometimes ginger water. I find cold drinks and salty chips help. Unhealthy to the max but it's something! I also nibble something every 2 hours or so. Jiayou! We can do this! I'm really hoping 2nd trimester's much better!

My hubby is out of town this week for biz trip... and so... lunch today was a packet of fries and coke. :X it felt so damn good! hahaha! I'm guilty!

Hey... u r not alone.. I was like that at my 8th. Now at mid 9th. Still puking and i cry everytime i puke. I see food only my body simply reject. Even drinking plain water is a chore. Have lost 3kg now since I know I was preggy.

It got so bad that I had 3 days mc straight at a go last week and stayed at home and sleep. just kept sleeping. the last day of my MC, i ended up at hospital for a drip due to mild dehydration and body was a tad too warm (not fever). felt super way better after that and i could eat again.

I think even if it has got to resolved to drinking honey water or milo, just do it. I was reluctant and taking only max 1/2 glass a day each cause of the sugar level. Hence, not drinking and eating much - which ended up worsening the condition. Just keep sipping water. be it 50ml every 30min or 1hr, just kept doing it. and yea, can try lemon water - squeeze out a bit, and add some water. some find ginger tea helps too. Just don't drink milk. I regretted drinking it initially.

OH.. and eat whatever that can stay inside. cold or warm doesn't matter anymore

Jia you!

Hi Deb89, glad to know that you had recovered. I have also tried all these natural remedies! I'm looking forward to recover. I find that before pregnant it only takes a few days to recover but now seems forever. Looking forward to recover. And thank you for sharing, it's good to know that I'm not alone.

yeh, know what you mean! I thought I was going to end up coughing the entire 40weeks haha.. jiayou jiayou!

My hubby is out of town this week for biz trip... and so... lunch today was a packet of fries and coke. :X it felt so damn good! hahaha! I'm guilty!

YUMMY! haha I started out trying to be careful of what I ate, but after the food aversions, nausea and puking, it's like anything goes! If I actually feel like eating something in particular, EAT IT! (my exception is raw food la haha)

Hey... u r not alone.. I was like that at my 8th. Now at mid 9th. Still puking and i cry everytime i puke. I see food only my body simply reject. Even drinking plain water is a chore. Have lost 3kg now since I know I was preggy.

It got so bad that I had 3 days mc straight at a go last week and stayed at home and sleep. just kept sleeping. the last day of my MC, i ended up at hospital for a drip due to mild dehydration and body was a tad too warm (not fever). felt super way better after that and i could eat again.

I think even if it has got to resolved to drinking honey water or milo, just do it. I was reluctant and taking only max 1/2 glass a day each cause of the sugar level. Hence, not drinking and eating much - which ended up worsening the condition. Just keep sipping water. be it 50ml every 30min or 1hr, just kept doing it. and yea, can try lemon water - squeeze out a bit, and add some water. some find ginger tea helps too. Just don't drink milk. I regretted drinking it initially.

Jia you!

Totally feel you! I'm rejecting water quite a bit too because I'm just so afraid that it'll trigger the puking! Starting to show signs of constipation already :( You please take care, being admitted to hospital for drip is pretty serious...

I'll try lemon water tomorrow, hopefully it'll help!

Jia you!

Hope you're getting better now! got meds from gynae to help? Water and me also don't sit well :x which I know is really bad, I'm not drinking much... But after a while I give up alr, I have like 2 cups of milo, 1 cup of honey, 1 glass of milk, yakult (helps with constipation haha), random cold drinks and sometimes ginger water throughout the day. Try to nibble on plain crackers or lightly salted ones at least! If not the gastric and acid reflux will make it worse! At least it does for me...

JIAYOU! Let's countdown to 2nd trimester and fingers crossed we can EAT properly again!

@minidiary hello and congrats! :) I'll be seeing Dr Kenneth Lee from Mt A. He was recommended by a close friend. I think you may want to check out which hospital you wanna deliver at and check if your desired gynae delivers there.

For me I was a bit lazy to do research, so just went with my friend's recommendation, haha :D
KHee,
Congrats! Just wanna tell you that indeed is a good recommendation from your friend. I seldom write reviews or recommendation but feel I need to this time. I was with Dr Kenneth Lee for all my 3 kids (my 3rd one born last month). All born with no complications. I feel comfortable with him as he will always answer my questions and doubts. He's a very experienced gynae with good sense of humor. Apparently, he's one of the favorite/ popular gynae among the nurses in Mount A. This is what I heard from the nurses. He has a clinic in Marsiling too but only certain days in the late afternoon to evening. You are in good hands :)

Sorry to barge in ! Need some advices from mummies here .Anyone tested negative with clearblue digital with indication test kit but ended up pregnant ? I Tested negative this morning using Watsons and clearblue digital.Im 2 days late and I do experiences sore breast ,I do have the feeling of pregnant .Was disappointed by the results .Im on medications so I'm thinking wheather to stop or continue to taking .confused here !

I've been through bad morning sickness and nausea in my 1st trimester during my 1st pregnancy and couldn't eat much. But 2nd trimester was much easier. Maybe you can drink lemon water or hot milo..try to avoid too much sugary drinks. Small meals are better than eating one large meal during lunch or dinner. Soda biscuits are good to aid in digestion and help reduce acid reflux. Now that it's my 2nd pregnancy I'm learning along the way too and this time it's much more manageable.
totally feel you! I am also having a very bad morning sickness, every morning will puke. motion sickness... very nausea..cannot eat much..every day struggling during meal time.. cannot drink water.. everyday drink milo, honey lemon and watermelon juice for my fluid intake. I will dilute my milo and honey lemon with water so that I can get more water through the drinks. I realized I cannot take full meal, cannot take garlic, will be very nausea. small meals will helps but have to keep eating 2-3hrly. if I am hungry, I will feel like vomiting also. physically and mentally exhausting..hang on there mummies...1st trimester is going to over soon.. hopefully 2nd trimester will be better.

Hi all I can add all of you into the Fb group. For those who have left ur email add here, Do accept my new friend request so that I can add u.

Ok I've added those who have provided their emails from 1 Apr onwards.
For those who didn't receive my new friend request, I think ur account is not searchable by public.
Do share ur emails for those who wants to join the secret Facebook group

Ok I've added those who have provided their emails from 1 Apr onwards.
For those who didn't receive my new friend request, I think ur account is not searchable by public.
Do share ur emails for those who wants to join the secret Facebook group
Thank you! I haven't received any notifications yet though. Do add me at [email protected], thanks once again!

Anyone here has been added to a fb group? I am expecting my #2 currently is at week 9...

Also tried to add sabbie but also can't find u on fb. Strange, can anyone else help to add them?

I managed to add 2 new mummies yesterday on the group

Also tried to add sabbie but also can't find u on fb. Strange, can anyone else help to add them?

I managed to add 2 new mummies yesterday on the group
hi there, I sent a PM to you as didn't want to publicize my email - haven't told friends/family/work yet :p please add me to the facebook group as well, thank you!

Back