2016/07 July babies

Ooo I see .like that baby will feel comfortable ? Their leg press again their tummy.. Haha
I have been taking bottle birdnest every morning leh but doesn't help la . Face still look pale, eyes bag big big. Seriously I need to take a rest, thinking of my daily schedule I feel sooo sick of it, got to bath baby with my painful wrist, carry him and walk around the house until my leg tired, got to wash baby clothes, vacuum and mop floor.. Live like a 黄面婆:(
So I decided to put my baby overnight at my mil house on weekend then I can have 'me' time to relax n go out. But need to get a baby cot to put at her place before this can happen..

serious? not ergonomic leh...

Room temp is ok (actually I always sweat after changing her). Sing all songs already. I even pray. Still, she loathes the part especially on the sleeves, getting in and out. Yes I roll the sleeves up like socks. She will wriggle even more at that part. Her fav part of the whole process is leg and feet massage. Always can spot her delighted face.

Last vaccination < 2 mths ago she reacted normal after that. Maybe slept a little more that's all. Her next one is in < 3weeks time. Hope aftermath is the same. I'm thinking if I should delay her day 1 at IFC. It falls next day after the jab. Maybe I should take a day off or two after the jab day to standby?
May want to take a day or two off after the jab just to be safe, if she's fussy at night, you will b very tired the following day. Orh bak kak! I rem the nurse saying that the first jab, think hep B, usually doesn't cause fever.
This morning went for her jabs and third mth assessment, she's been sleeping for 2 hrs, like super tired. She so buay song after jabs, didn't even want to react to the bell that the PD rang to test her hearing, put on the 不要惹我look on her face.

@snowfern - share pic of your cloud mobile at changing table! Love your handicrafts!

@KWL- post more pics of your yummy dinner creations can? Very inspirational. Oh, can share recipe of your army stew soup?

IMG_20161013_151521.jpg

@tuna she's hiding a surprise for me in this photo, prior to putting her down she was raising a fuss!

Is ridwind available off counter as well?

Yes better to check with pd first ya.

My pd prescribed it to my gal and I think it works. @snowfern i suspect likewise as once I missed a day or two of it and she became a tyrant. Now I continue to give her 3-4x a day.

Hi can share how much ml of ridwind you give each time? Cos I was prescribed 0.2ml by kkh pd but that was when bb was 5 weeks old. Now that he is 3 mths I think the ml not enough for him.

Thanks

Hi can share how much ml of ridwind you give each time? Cos I was prescribed 0.2ml by kkh pd but that was when bb was 5 weeks old. Now that he is 3 mths I think the ml not enough for him.

Thanks
At 6 wks can up to 1ml already, 4 times a day is the frequency I'm giving her, okay'd by the PD.

Alamak. I'm still giving 0.2ml.haha no wonder no effect. Will give 1ml the next round.

Thanks
Np, colic/gas is siong. Hope it works for you! On top of ridwind, I give 5 drops biogaia once a day, also suggested by polyclinic Dr and PD. Helps to regulate bowels. Guardian now got sale, 2 for $81, can use baby bonus card to pay for at selected outlets.

I have never administered medicine for the little one before.
@emk thanks for the encouragement!~ I think a milk bath for myself sounds luxury hahaha~ SPA!

Keeping my fingers cross now :D
Sometimes my baby doesn't finish all the milk in fridge. Then my husband encourages me to drink it. Say don't waste. But I am scared!

I offered to him. He shout tolong!

Thanks
I'm still giving 0.2ml at each feed. Next visit I will ask pd need to increase or not.

@snowfern - share pic of your cloud mobile at changing table! Love your handicrafts!

@KWL- post more pics of your yummy dinner creations can? Very inspirational. Oh, can share recipe of your army stew soup?

These few nights bo eng to do plating. When times are bad and stormy, it is just fried rice. But u get to choose egg, sambas or olive. And extra 荷包蛋s

For Army stew base, I use soya bean. I cook soaked beans in high pressure pot. If 2 pax, I boil abt 1.5 L. Once done, I will arrange all ingredients in the induction pot and scoop the base over. Save a place in the middle for Gochujang. And don't have to pour all 1.5 L over at a go. Usually first round just pour enough to cook your ingredients.

There is no need to add salt to the base because the flavour from the paste and melted cheese will make it salty.

Once it is too rich, u can dilute with remaining base. If u cannot finish the base, store properly and next day u can eat as lunch. Throw bee Hoon inside and some yong tau foo sort of ingredients can Liao. So simple! Cook with spinach also very good for us. Protein and vitamin

I have never administered medicine for the little one before.

Sometimes my baby doesn't finish all the milk in fridge. Then my husband encourages me to drink it. Say don't waste. But I am scared!

I offered to him. He shout tolong!
Gave a defrosted pack to hubby last night for his eczema, he used it during his shower. Said no weird smell or stickiness, and that it helped! Was meaning to test on bubbles to see if she would accept fbm, cos I might need to get some dental work done. It smelt metallic though.

@KWL I also want to do army stew, but my hub don't like spicy food, so I don't know if i make one pot, i can eat how many days LOL.

I smell my fbm before, got a fishy smell. I even yucks at it..don't know whether my boy wants to drink a not now...and i have a few packets in the freezer now...

My efm is now looking like barley water. Someone mentioned here hers looks like rice water.

So are yours looking less creamy now as our babies grow bigger? Or it's just me?

My efm is now looking like barley water. Someone mentioned here hers looks like rice water.

So are yours looking less creamy now as our babies grow bigger? Or it's just me?
Weather is hot, breast milk is dynamic, so will become watery accordingly! My foremilk sometimes so watery look like porridge water wor.

@KWL I also want to do army stew, but my hub don't like spicy food, so I don't know if i make one pot, i can eat how many days LOL.

I smell my fbm before, got a fishy smell. I even yucks at it..don't know whether my boy wants to drink a not now...and i have a few packets in the freezer now...
I never drink before, but tasted only fresh one (lick some drops off my finger after expressing), tastes like green tea when I was eating a lot of green tea kit Kat lol. But frozen I haven't tasted, will attempt to drink some maybe this weekend....cos some packs expiring le

@snowfern i also drank some of mine after expressing, taste a bit mild, not much taste i supposed. Don't know whether it's a good thing a not haha~ maybe i should eat some curry (those strong taste) and see whether i can taste some spiciness from it. LOL~

Today bubbles niam tee tee again, refused to sleep in cot. Nursing every hour or so. And don't want to sleep. Even in wrap, she took a longer time than usual, can see her resisting sleep. Play with her until I damn tired, and she gets upset when I stop.

Dunno if I can survive tonight to go baby fair tmrw man!!!

@snowfern - your mobile is beautiful!
On ebm. I've never dared drink, not milk drinker. But I've secretly poured leftover into hb's coffee before, he couldn't tell, hiak hiak! Don't waste ma.
By the way, please share your verdict after u try your fbm.
Thanks for well wishes for LO, she's also niam tee tee but unlike yours, she's sleepy. So I'm not complaining. Niam tee tee + fight sleep is the most potent combination, hope Bubbles gets the Sleep Tight memo early.

Used fbm for foot soak before, I gagged sia, the metallic fishy smell was horrifyingly nauseating, this time I'm thinking of adding a few drops of essential oil in... Want to soak hair first then elbows and lastly feet. Maximize the use! I'm actually also considering using the fbm to make into soap for family's use. Anyone has experience with that? Understand that Ministry of Soap offers the service.

Gave a defrosted pack to hubby last night for his eczema, he used it during his shower. Said no weird smell or stickiness, and that it helped! Was meaning to test on bubbles to see if she would accept fbm, cos I might need to get some dental work done. It smelt metallic though.

My frozen bm also has a fishy smell...luckily my gal still takes it.

Last night 3am I fed her formula milk and this morning when I feed her freshly pump bm she suddenly Merlion.... Was a bad one, with milk through her nose etc. she got a shock and cried badly

Not sure if it is the formula...and whether I shld try feed her 1 feed of formula again tonight

Today I used expired milk (in fridge) to wash my little one'/ legs. I gagged too. My mum was holding baby and I quick hand quick leg take BM soaked cotton pads to paste on the legs. After that I keep using my hands to scoop BM from the pail to the legs and let the BM trickle down the leg. Then my mum held baby until BM dried. And we finally washed off after half hour.

It was seriously a horrendous smell though my BM was sweet tasting and my frozen BM doesn't have metallic taste.

@KWL are you looking for anything special? I'm going down as well to see see look look~ shopping baby stuff can be considered some me time~

Oh no, maybe try another feed of the fm but half the amount? I can imagine it must feel really nasty for the baby.

On army stew, I bought this Togi frozen army stew n it taste wonderful. There are ingredient in it already n u can buy it from qoo10. It also sells some frozen meat n it's so convenient.
@sarah: sorry to ask but how to pump in the plane? U mean u tell the air stewardess then they will offer you a nice n cozy place to pump?? Haha maybe place us in their first class cabin for a while... No la I'm juz dreaming. But seriously how to? Juz pump in your seat ?

N yes my fbm smell horrendous too. But I dun dare to taste. I did try on my fresh bm that drops on my hand n it tastes mild sweet.
Today my mum commented that I should feed my LO plain water else they will reject plain water next time. She says the weather so hot n LO can't be juz dependent on bm which she takes 3-4 hrly. How ah? Anyone giving plain water n fully bm?
Previously I used to give my 2 elder girls plain water when they are 2 months + but that because they are on majority fm. Now that I very disciplined to pump, I'm producing enough for my LO n so far my LO only took max 3 feed of fm so far initially when I'm still building up my supply.

@KWL are you looking for anything special? I'm going down as well to see see look look~ shopping baby stuff can be considered some me time~

No big ticket items and nothing in particular. But once I am there, sure got things to buy. I am just dreading the journey there cos I stay very very very far from expo. And the parking situation.

My little one gets chesty and somewhat congested grunts at night. Can hear a little gurgling sound at the back of the throat as though there is some form of fluid jamming the breathing system.

It is more severe at night when baby is placed in a flat and lying position. Baby feels more comfortable when placed in upright position.

Is this a cold? Any recommendation to relief these symptoms? Any need to jump to A&E?

hi mummy, just like to check has your baby got better from the nasal congestion yet? My baby is somewhat similar to your descriptions.

we have tried to off the aircon for the past nights but mine is still bothered by the nose blocked & seems like it itch at times as he keeps rubbing his nose or rub his face against my arm when carries him.

@redvel yes I bought my FM from here, just return the top cover the they will offset $1 for the next purchase. Don't know how true, but my boss told me they have the cheapest FM. He will specially drive down to Pasir Ris to stock up for his kids :rolleyes:

@verluv i supposed just put on a nursing cover and pump? I doubt they will give us a seat in the business class to pump hahaha

Can't imagine my students sitting besides me while I pump...I think will be super paiseh!~

As for the plain water, I saw on FB that some mummies are feeding their babies some as advised by the PD since they are "old" enough. I'll feed him not more than 30ml per day. To get him used to the taste if not next time he will not drink plain water. Saw a number of kids who don't drink water so I'm quite worried.

@verluv I also plan to give bubbles some water, it's been really warm lately, and also to get her used to it. Now to consider method of delivery, she's already very bitey, so I'm super reluctant to give her a bottle :(

@winleobee I read some mummies would purchase saline drops to soften the mucous and suck it out? Some PD will prescribe saline spray, like sterimar. But best to check with PD to be on safe side.

@Sa_rahhhh learning opportunity for them! Normalize breastfeeding!! Lol I think I kena psycho by the bf group liow, these days I latch more and more in public (modestly, of course)

hi mummy, just like to check has your baby got better from the nasal congestion yet? My baby is somewhat similar to your descriptions.

we have tried to off the aircon for the past nights but mine is still bothered by the nose blocked & seems like it itch at times as he keeps rubbing his nose or rub his face against my arm when carries him.

Recovered rather fast. Like a day or two. I am on total breast feeding and did a lot of latching that time because I think the little tongue will send signals to my body on the needs and the breastmilk will change its constituents accordingly.

I also avoid doing side latching And I have not let the little one sleep in aircon room since then.

Did u try to pick his nose? It could be something stuck there.

Ok thanks Sarah I'll check out the Jin Tai Hong later.

When my gal cleared the 3mth mark, I asked pd can i introduce water. She says can. Give 30ml after each feed. But LO can't drink that much la. I jus prepare a 100ml bottle a day. Let her drink bit by bit between feeds. Sometimes she enjoys it can drink 30ml. Sometimes just suckle 10ml only. Won't finish that 100ml/day. But overall i think she quite likes it. I also don't wish she will filter out plain water when she is ready for solid food. I would like for her to drink more water in future. Just like mama.

However she is on FM though.

Last edited:
@gan1972 can check how many pkt of fbm/ stock u prepared before going to work? I m getting worried that my supply will dip fast and stash not enough.

Oh so juz put on nursing too and cover to pump? Ok I will do that...
As for water, think I will start introducing today and like redvel prepare the bottle and let her drink after each feed. Not sure if she will drink. But previously I always give water to my 2 girls after drinking fm. Good that they are rinsing mouth at the same time.
As for blocked nose, if I see that she is very 辛苦,I will suck out the mucus from her nose. She will cry but seems to be better after that. I also buy Vicks rub and rub on her neck and behind the ear.
Oh I have a qns: now that my LO is willing to latch, I will latch her juz before she sleep in the night. Sometimes in the day when she seems unsettled, I will also latch her. But the thing is she will normally latch very long with her eyes closed. This can sometimes be after a full feed. I'm juz wondering since she is drinking while latching, how come she can latch so long? Is it because she is not full? Long as in 30 to 45 mins. Is she doing comfort latch or really drinking?
Also she loves drinking on my right boobs.. Think it's because my left boobs had inverted nipple. But as I pump, the inverted nipple situation is better but still shorter than the right one. I tot it was ok since I dun always latch her. But the irony is that my left boob seems to be able to pump more and my breast already different in size. With her latching on the lazy breast, will it make it bigger?? Haha hoping it will grow to be the same as the other side. But so far no la.. Do you all notice that the side which LO prefer is bigger? If so maybe I will latch her more so that the right side become bigger..

@verluv I think I have to go get the thing to suck out the mucus too. My boy is sick, coughing and having lots of mucus. :(

I also have imbalance boobs size. Right side is bigger than left, and thus, more milk on the right as compared to left. Somehow, last time he prefer to suck on the left, but now he don't really have any preference. Both sides seems ok.

As for whether is drinking or just comfort latch, I usually will base on the sound he made when swallowing. If the swallowing sound is quite loud, means he drinks a lot then more probably is drinking (maybe not full from his bottle). If it's comfort latch, sometimes he just suck suck suck, but no swallowing sound.

Oh so juz put on nursing too and cover to pump? Ok I will do that...
As for water, think I will start introducing today and like redvel prepare the bottle and let her drink after each feed. Not sure if she will drink. But previously I always give water to my 2 girls after drinking fm. Good that they are rinsing mouth at the same time.
As for blocked nose, if I see that she is very 辛苦,I will suck out the mucus from her nose. She will cry but seems to be better after that. I also buy Vicks rub and rub on her neck and behind the ear.
Oh I have a qns: now that my LO is willing to latch, I will latch her juz before she sleep in the night. Sometimes in the day when she seems unsettled, I will also latch her. But the thing is she will normally latch very long with her eyes closed. This can sometimes be after a full feed. I'm juz wondering since she is drinking while latching, how come she can latch so long? Is it because she is not full? Long as in 30 to 45 mins. Is she doing comfort latch or really drinking?
Also she loves drinking on my right boobs.. Think it's because my left boobs had inverted nipple. But as I pump, the inverted nipple situation is better but still shorter than the right one. I tot it was ok since I dun always latch her. But the irony is that my left boob seems to be able to pump more and my breast already different in size. With her latching on the lazy breast, will it make it bigger?? Haha hoping it will grow to be the same as the other side. But so far no la.. Do you all notice that the side which LO prefer is bigger? If so maybe I will latch her more so that the right side become bigger..

I test the type of latching by gently pulling out from the mouth. If the eyes are closed and baby pursed mouth into a straight line and give contented face, then confirm comfort latching. I will release and tug baby to sleep in cot. Sometimes baby will still nibble a bit more before falling asleep.

If baby is still hungry, baby will wail and want to suck frantically.

I also got a lazy boob

mummies, does your little one always get a fright while sleeping? Apart from swaddling, any tips on how to reduce that? I got an extremely light sleeper baby

Mine is trained to sleep in extreme noise. Not purposely but she gone thru reno works at below neighbor's unit and now road construction which is major and loud.

I do place a bean pillow across her chest. Have you tried that before?

Back