2016/07 July babies

I moved forward my 19th Jul appt to today cos for last 3 days my BP started increasing, and after blood test for pre-eclampsia and ecg for both bb and I came out normal, the doc said she can't explain the surge either. But since everything seems normal, she said I'm already at 39w, and by right pre-existing type2 diabetics would be offered induction between 36 and 39 weeks.

So I am now booked for tmrw afternoon. As I sit here waiting to make payment, it definitely is hitting me that I'm about to be a mom, oh horror of horrors what am I about to unleash upon the world??? XD

Jyjy! I'm 38+2 today and still waiting for bb to come out!

When is your due date? Ur bb will come b4 this month ends!! And u will be cuddling with your bundle of joy!!!

Meanwhile, enjoy the kicks and wiggling, u will miss being pregnant haha!

Supposed to be week 40. So anytime really

I'm still waiting too! Gonna be wk38 tmr..

mummies who r bf-ing, is it ok for confinement food to be cooked with alcohol? Anything specific I should not eat when bf-ing? Mil doing confinement for me, but she has nv bf and I don't think she has done confinement for anyone b4 too.. She picks up info from relatives, neighbors and all.. So I'm alil bit worried

Hi all,
Finally got chance to follow up on the posts here. My baby is also jaundice. So far already done 4 blood test at Polyclinic. The good thing is his jaundice level is going down. Hopefully can go below 100 next Monday....

As I did not hire a confinement lady, life was busy and tiring past 2 weeks. My mum and sister came by to cook and help out once a while but night time was all by myself. I almost went crazy waking up feeding and expressing milk. What make it worse is my lower back pain that's torturing me.
I suffered from engorged breast during my first 2 child. This round, I am lucky to engage a massage lady who helped massage and cleared my blocked ducts (u can see milk squirting out as she tried to clear the ducts!). After 2 session of breast massage, I find that expressing was much better compared to previous.
And now it seems that my boy seems to keep asking for milk... He slept after drinking 60ml of milk, sometimes can't even finish! That's why I do not dare to increase the volume.. Hopefully everything gets smooth for myself and all mummy here. Take care!
- Jo
How do u take care of 3 kids with no confinement lady help?

I have an elder son and I'm alr feeling scared when the confinement lady leaves... Any tips?

Feeling extremely tired...

Those with cl...how does your cl handles cooking and taking care of baby? My cl spends a lot of time cooking....so baby usually with me when she is cooking...she only takes over after she has showered after cooking, that is when she is taking her nap,as baby has been up partying at night...

I am starting to feel very tired due to disturbed sleep as need to pump milk ...

Feeling extremely tired...

Those with cl...how does your cl handles cooking and taking care of baby? My cl spends a lot of time cooking....so baby usually with me when she is cooking...she only takes over after she has showered after cooking, that is when she is taking her nap,as baby has been up partying at night...

I am starting to feel very tired due to disturbed sleep as need to pump milk ...
My CL is opposite of u. She wants to handle everything about the baby. Feed ebm, change diaper, bathe, carry, coax to sleep.

But becos she is cooking lunch and/or dinner and we want to eat (hungry), I offer to carry the crying kid so she can cook. Washing up she will do so after she settle baby to sleep. Then clear trash, shower... She is amazing...

But yes, CL takes a long time to cook, tho her timing is getting better. I think cooking is an art in itself. She cooks better than my mom, mil and my aunties combined! Better than my grandmas when they were still around. I really feel very fortunate and 白白胖胖 now... Not losing weight as fast as when I have no1.

@gan, u might want to have a word with ur CL or ur HB to help u out. Sound v tired hearing ur woes. :(

My CL is opposite of u. She wants to handle everything about the baby. Feed ebm, change diaper, bathe, carry, coax to sleep.

But becos she is cooking lunch and/or dinner and we want to eat (hungry), I offer to carry the crying kid so she can cook. Washing up she will do so after she settle baby to sleep. Then clear trash, shower... She is amazing...

But yes, CL takes a long time to cook, tho her timing is getting better. I think cooking is an art in itself. She cooks better than my mom, mil and my aunties combined! Better than my grandmas when they were still around. I really feel very fortunate and 白白胖胖 now... Not losing weight as fast as when I have no1.

@gan, u might want to have a word with ur CL or ur HB to help u out. Sound v tired hearing ur woes. :(

Ya....maybe coz I started out preferring her to shower after cooking before handling baby as she perspire a lot due to the stuffy kitchen....and I can't imagine her handling the kid with all the sweat.

So changing diaper, feeding will be me doing it while she cooks and clean up.

Guess need to think about how to do this for the remaining 2 weeks. But her cooking is good ...so no complaints about meals

Hugs gan.

Somehow my CL has a hand on my bb. She can make my bb sleep before she does cooking and clean up. Sometimes I feel my airtime with bb is quite little throughout the day. Unless it's latching time. Sometimes I have to wait for my bb to wakey so I can interact. But I guess I shouldn't mind as this means I can rest in these 28-days. I should worry how to cope after CL leaves.

Candimoshi, my CL is also a very good cook. My hubby loves it too and now that he is away for 2 days already at reservist, he would call and ask what CL cooks for the day. Haa he is missing it.

Although I've been eating all her good nutritious food, i think bf works in losing the pounds. I'm almost back to my pre preg weight at 2 wks post partem. I just need to tone up the stomach skin!

Candimoshi, my CL is also a very good cook. My hubby loves it too and now that he is away for 2 days already at reservist, he would call and ask what CL cooks for the day. Haa he is missing it.

Although I've been eating all her good nutritious food, i think bf works in losing the pounds. I'm almost back to my pre preg weight at 2 wks post partem. I just need to tone up the stomach skin!

IKR!!! My HB also full of praises Abt her cooking. My MIL has been visiting me and asking tips from her. She even cooked for my MIL when MIL asked her to pack herbs for her to make herbal soup. What have we been missing out on good food all these years!

Unfortunately I'm nowhere near a cook, so will have to settle for tingkat meals next time...

Do u all still have a bump at your tummy? I still dun have the courage to buy myself a weighing machine to weigh myself.. Anyway I should know upon full month when I need to wear my normal clothes.. Now I'm juz wearing pyjamas all day long..
I'm also very tired on pumping n feeding my LO, till I start to envy those with CL.
My no. 2 was down with flu n hence has an excuse to leave her at my mum place. Indeed it's very tired to have to deal with 3 at the same time.
Candymoshi: dun worry abt how to handle your LO once your confinement lady leaves, you will have the mother instinct to handle her. Though it's going to be tiring, the days will pass by so quickly till u won't have the chance to think abt it. So now juz enjoy when your CL is still around.

Ya....maybe coz I started out preferring her to shower after cooking before handling baby as she perspire a lot due to the stuffy kitchen....and I can't imagine her handling the kid with all the sweat.

So changing diaper, feeding will be me doing it while she cooks and clean up.

Guess need to think about how to do this for the remaining 2 weeks. But her cooking is good ...so no complaints about meals

I guess she thot that is how u like it. My CL will use always wash her hands b4 handling bb and she also uses a nappy cloth on her arm so I guess sweatiness is not so much an issue.

I think dinner time the kid is the most cranky. Cos my kid can totally dun nap from 6-10pm. Or Shld I say, have difficulty napping, need carry, coax, comfort latch. Argh!

I'm still waiting too! Gonna be wk38 tmr..

mummies who r bf-ing, is it ok for confinement food to be cooked with alcohol? Anything specific I should not eat when bf-ing? Mil doing confinement for me, but she has nv bf and I don't think she has done confinement for anyone b4 too.. She picks up info from relatives, neighbors and all.. So I'm alil bit worried
My mum doing for me. Wine is ok to add into cooking. By then evaporated. If baby jaundice too high, cut down on the ginger. Drink lot of LRD n eat lot of fish to have BM

I using desition rapid relief (blue). Heal my bb diaper rashes. Desition maximum strength is purple one is stronger version. Normally I use Burt bee diaper cream. Very thick.

Hello, my PD say the blue color one is for normal usage. Once got nappy rash, should switch to the purple color de. fyi pls

Hi, I given birth on 8/7/2016. After 20 hours of long labour with 6 cm dilated end up with emergency c section.

You guys mind to share your total hospital bill? Mine is TMC, my bill 14k and baby 2k, total 16k. Is it so costly for emergency c sect? If other hospital more reasonable, might consider to switch to other hospital next time. :p

My baby is using sudocream, so far so good.

For those with CL, try to rest more and eat well. I only spend time with baby when is latching time.

Hi, I given birth on 8/7/2016. After 20 hours of long labour with 6 cm dilated end up with emergency c section.

You guys mind to share your total hospital bill? Mine is TMC, my bill 14k and baby 2k, total 16k. Is it so costly for emergency c sect? If other hospital more reasonable, might consider to switch to other hospital next time. :p

My baby is using sudocream, so far so good.

For those with CL, try to rest more and eat well. I only spend time with baby when is latching time.
Mine is just 2k less than yours for scheduled c section..... Shock in my life when I saw the bill... Hahaha

Yours 2k less than mine, only your bill or including baby one?

Yup, so shocked to see the bill. Haha
2k less than yours ... Baby bill about the same

I am at TMC too...

In 2010, at kkh my emergency c in single room , stayed 4 nights . Total bill only 9k plus .... Guess over the years inflation ...

Can I ask experienced moms how you work around a routine when you are latching and pumping, when there's no CL or she has left?

Now I only take care of latching when CL is here. I can still take two naps a day. My bb gets hungry every 3hrs, sometimes 2. How to cope with latch/pump/wash bottles/diaper change? Don't forget I still have to make meals for myself. My inlaws have asked me to move back to their place after CL leaves. Although there's also no one at home in the day, night time they will be around to help. However I'm appreciating the tranquility I get at my own place. Too many people at inlaws house.

Need to hear some tips. Thanks

May I know how much LRD to drink per day ? I drink about 1.2litre per day .. Is it too little ?

Can I ask experienced moms how you work around a routine when you are latching and pumping, when there's no CL or she has left?

Now I only take care of latching when CL is here. I can still take two naps a day. My bb gets hungry every 3hrs, sometimes 2. How to cope with latch/pump/wash bottles/diaper change? Don't forget I still have to make meals for myself. My inlaws have asked me to move back to their place after CL leaves. Although there's also no one at home in the day, night time they will be around to help. However I'm appreciating the tranquility I get at my own place. Too many people at inlaws house.

Redvel Just know that I was pumping, washing , feeding number 1 round the clock.... Lunch wld be simple quick ones... Just steam a fish or chicken drumstick n eat...
Not sure how I survive the 4 months on my own but guess u will have to put the needs of the. Baby first, rest will fall in place

For me I pump. No CL. 6 milk bottles. Dh wash in the morning n at night. Morning baby feed 7.30am. I wake up n take my simple breakfast shower n pump. Then 10.30am bath my baby n feed 11am. I rest n take lunch. Ard 2.30pm feed Bb n nap for 3hrs. U can pump again.

redvel: my breakfast bread, biscuit with milk or milo. Lunch: cook kway or mi chai ma with fish n veg. If cook rice for lunch cook abit more to last until dinner. Dinner can ask ur in law to help. Or cook steam egg. Veg. Or u got slow cooker cook soup can eat for lunch n dinner

Must also drink warm plain warm. Can't just drink LRD
Second that. My masseur also could tell I'm not drinking enough plain water. What I make a pt now is every cup of LRD, I will also drink a cup of plain warm water. More balanced that way.

Seems to me latching takes up time (as my bb always doesn't get enough from latching then have to bottle feed after tat). I also wish i can pump enough. But maybe it's still too early to say how established my milk output is at this stage.

I'm thinking if I should cut down latching and focus on pump mostly.

Thanks for the meal tips. I shall get ingredient supply for the week ahead to make simple meals then.

I ordered tingkat for lunch and my inlaws will cook dinner for me. My HB will pack the dinner back.

Can't remember how I coped. Initially I put my baby's needs first, first few days no time to eat BF or lunch. I began to feel giddy. Decided to take care of the 大的,then can take care of the 小的。pls dun miss your meals bcos if you are down, who is gonna take care of ur LO?

I remember I dun even have time to pee. But read that it is ok for babies to cry abit, becos it expends his energy. There was once I was feeling tired and frustrated cos bb was being difficult. I went for a bath while he cries in the crib. After the bath I found new emotional energy to care for him again.

Remember the mummy's emotional health is most important...

Different ppl different version. My mil says no water. Masseur and CL say must have warm water. My sisters says cannot have. Because they both end up with post natal tummy they can't get rid of. I disagree with my sisters la because they didn't do tummy wrap nor exercise at later stage. My tummy has pretty much returned to original.

I think it's important to have more clear fluid now. It helps in breast milk flow.

Seems to me latching takes up time (as my bb always doesn't get enough from latching then have to bottle feed after tat). I also wish i can pump enough. But maybe it's still too early to say how established my milk output is at this stage.

I'm thinking if I should cut down latching and focus on pump mostly.

Thanks for the meal tips. I shall get ingredient supply for the week ahead to make simple meals then.
If latching works I think can save time needed to wash the bottles and pump... For me I find that takes up my time ... Unfortunately both my babies have jaundice so I want to know how much they drink, so I am doing exclusive pumping....

What I read from FB BF group, it was mentioned that in the first 3 months, our bodies are establishing supply. So if we stop MOTN pump, the production will drop as it signals to the body that we do not need the output. They say we have to pump 3hrly to maintain.

BUT I say this because I find it not so true for me. Based on my records with no1, I reduced my pumps (to get more sleep). Ard 2months I'm doing 5pumps per day, 3 months I'm doing 4pumps per day. So dropped MOTN b4 3 months and I do not see a drop in supply.

I duno how true is this since it does not apply to my body...

PS: based on last nite's output.

11pm - 4am = 220ml
4am - 9am = 160ml

Same 5hr duration but MOTN pump got more output leh?

Wow.. That's good hearing that. Think I only managed to pump out 70 ml each day now. But got to reserve for latching during daytime. Earlier on, I have difficulty in latching my bb, can express out 180ml in the morning and night. Not sure if my LO has been overfed. :/
Must we wake up in the middle of the night to express out as well as I only latch my LO every 1-3 hrs depends on her need?
What is MOTN?

Oh can we drink warm water ? I was told not to drink warm water.
Can drink abit. Will help in provide BM.

Different ppl different version. My mil says no water. Masseur and CL say must have warm water. My sisters says cannot have. Because they both end up with post natal tummy they can't get rid of. I disagree with my sisters la because they didn't do tummy wrap nor exercise at later stage. My tummy has pretty much returned to original.

I think it's important to have more clear fluid now. It helps in breast milk flow.
My Malay masseur also advise drink warm water. To naturalize the PH in our body. Massage n binder helps to push our uterus n other organs back to the place

2k less than yours ... Baby bill about the same

I am at TMC too...

In 2010, at kkh my emergency c in single room , stayed 4 nights . Total bill only 9k plus .... Guess over the years inflation ...

Ic, then TMC really quite costly. I stayed premier single.

See if anyone from KKH can share the latest bill info. :p

I think I drink less than 2L LRD a day, even CL cooked a lot. I just try to drink as much as I can.

CL said latch more can stimulate and establish breast milk.

For c sec mum, when u guys start post natal massage? My masseur keep asking me to start the massage, she said can start after 10 days from c sec, my gynae said better after 3 weeks.

Yes CL says latch to get more milk output.

My masseur says doc usually advice 3w but she prefers to do only 4w later for CS case.

My gynae said only can start massage on tummy area after he give green light on next appointment which is on 5th weeks after my deliver.

I think I drink less than 2L LRD a day, even CL cooked a lot. I just try to drink as much as I can.

For c sec mum, when u guys start post natal massage? My masseur keep asking me to start the massage, she said can start after 10 days from c sec, my gynae said better after 3 weeks.
I c sect. Started my massage on 14days. After massage, I experienced heavy bleeding. Clean out the old blood.

I c sect. Started my massage on 14days. After massage, I experienced heavy bleeding. Clean out the old blood. My masseur used herbal oil to rub on my tummy no massage. Massage on my back shoulder n legs.

I only drink lrd as I also heard that by drinking plain water, will have tummy.. I dun dare to take the risk so did not take water. For this one I drank more lrd.
I remember when I have my no. 1, I also take care of her without any help except for dinner where my mil will cook and my hubby will bring back. I was doing exclusive pumping n feeding n really practically no time to rest. If can I will nap when bb is sleeping. My bm is insufficient so I supplement with fm. I dun wan to latch my bb Coz that will lower my milk output.. Ha ha a bit 看不开.
It was a tiring 2.5 months and after that I went back to work.
Now is better with a helper. At least I dun have to do washing.. I take care of bb fully while she will help me with the household chores. N my mum say she will be coming over to my place to help me shower bb for the next 2 weeks so one less thing to do!

I c sect. Started my massage on 14days. After massage, I experienced heavy bleeding. Clean out the old blood. My masseur used herbal oil to rub on my tummy no massage. Massage on my back shoulder n legs.

Did you masseur use any bengkung wrap on your tummy? The heavy bleeding only on that day of massage, the next day back to normal? I notice for c sec mum, the flow not heavy right?

My gynae said only can start massage on tummy area after he give green light on next appointment which is on 5th weeks after my deliver.

Ic. Went to gynae to remove dressing yesterday, which is one week after my delivery. My next appointment is 6 weeks later, gynae advised to do pap smear.

I only drink lrd as I also heard that by drinking plain water, will have tummy.. I dun dare to take the risk so did not take water. For this one I drank more lrd.
I remember when I have my no. 1, I also take care of her without any help except for dinner where my mil will cook and my hubby will bring back. I was doing exclusive pumping n feeding n really practically no time to rest. If can I will nap when bb is sleeping. My bm is insufficient so I supplement with fm. I dun wan to latch my bb Coz that will lower my milk output.. Ha ha a bit 看不开.
It was a tiring 2.5 months and after that I went back to work.
Now is better with a helper. At least I dun have to do washing.. I take care of bb fully while she will help me with the household chores. N my mum say she will be coming over to my place to help me shower bb for the next 2 weeks so one less thing to do!

I also only drink LRD, no plain water. Only during my stay in hospital I drank plain water when taking painkillers.

You have helper now then can rest more. Mummy is the most tiring job in the world. :p

But accordingly to my CL, latch more can stimulate more milk, wont lower your milk output. She said when baby sucks, will stimulate the 乳腺 that's y can produce more milk.

I had elective csect in TMC and stayed in 1 bedded. My bill is approx. $14k (inclusive baby)

For my #1, I had e-csect, bill was abt $16k and I stayed in 2 bedded then.

Actually, I quite scared to go massage becos of the wound, so most probably I don't intend to go for any post natal massage but not sure if it will affect anything

Last edited:

Back