(2015/12) Dec 2015 Mummies

Hi mummies,

Just to check, what if my bb cannot burp even if we use various method / positions to burp her? And she gets cranky as she wants to go to sleep soon.

hi all, just want to ask if its ok for baby to drink frozen ebm thats in fridge for two months? considering to 'stock up' for her infantcare days starting now..
ImageUploadedByForum1453253727.947960.jpg

saw this online, it will be able to
help u~ u can consider to join fb group on exclusive pumping mum, they got a lot of mummies to help..

anyone used this glycerine to clean their bb's mouth? my Mil told me
she used these for her kids last time and now she want to use for my LO.
as LO still small, I don't really like the idea to use this..
ImageUploadedByForum1453254000.037526.jpg

Hi mummies,

Just to check, what if my bb cannot burp even if we use various method / positions to burp her? And she gets cranky as she wants to go to sleep soon.
Hello! I think sometimes they don't burp. Especially if U directly latch on. When I see that the baby fussing and making funny noises when she's drinking, it prolly means she needs to be burped.

My supply is getting low now as well due to not enough rest. I may have to go on full formula soon. But I really feel guilty about it for not able to give my girl more breastmilk for longer time. :(
Can try to direct latch your lo so she's used to u n fall asleep in ur arms when full. It'll also help to build up your supply

My baby is 6 weeks old and this week I feel that my supply is dropping. I directly latch on and I'm guessing so because the boobs feel softer and the baby needs to drink both sides to satisfy as opposed to one side before. I'm just wondering if there are any mummies here who start pumping at week 6 to store up their milk? Will supply increase with pumping at this point?

Hello! I think sometimes they don't burp. Especially if U directly latch on. When I see that the baby fussing and making funny noises when she's drinking, it prolly means she needs to be burped.

My girl is now bottle feeding already. So bottles may give her a lot of gas. But she dun really burp. At night I have to really keep an eye on her if she does not burp.

Hi mummies, any solutions/ suggestion to bb who likes to be carried till fall into deep sleep? My girl wants to be carried and coax whenever she wants to sleep and cannot put her down until she goes into deep sleep. Else she will cry again. Is this just a phase? Or I will have to carry her all the way?

Same prob here.. When she too hard after trying all methods I end up choosing latch her till she sleep on her snuggle nest or my bed n left her sleeping there. That's provided she wasn't having too much first or she will spill fresh undigested milk.

Hi mummies,

Mine too... But I fd that at night when I latch her n I fall asleep while she latch, she seem ok as I didn't burp her cos I doze off. Only day time i try burp but usu failed.

Hi mummies, how is everyone doing? My bb girl is coming to 2 months old this week and it's seems like I just started knowing how to take care of her and and has reached 2nd month.

Sleep deprived is still an issue for me. Lack of sleep will make my grumpy and depressed. But I guess I am getting better day by day. My hubby is going overseas this week and it will be challenging for me (especially) at night to handle my girl alone at home.

Lack of rest also affected my milk supply. I only now supply 20% of breastmilk and rest formula. I will give as long as I have milk for her.

Jia you mummies.

Hi Faith&Hope

Anyone at home to help you when ur husband not around? My husband is based overseas so event since CL I have been taking care of baby on my own but I stay with parents so they help out. However can't deny the fact that I am very stressed depressed and down at times when baby keeps crying in evening and I am so tired . He won't be back till September so I can't imagine going through this alone for so many months.

These few days feeling bit down bcoz I doubt if I can take care of baby well. Even bottle feeding, I somehow feel when I feed her she has a lot of wheezing sounds even tho I put her at quite an upright position. I wonder is it Becoz I never push the nipple very fully into the mouth?
Anyway day by day I am learning my baby's habits and how to better take care of her. Some days I feel like I am a bad mommy, can't let her stop crying, don't know what is wrong with her. Especially she has phlegm and is on med now, I blame myself for the things I eat during pregnancy.

Tough but we hafta hang on

Hi mummies, how is everyone doing? My bb girl is coming to 2 months old this week and it's seems like I just started knowing how to take care of her and and has reached 2nd month.

Sleep deprived is still an issue for me. Lack of sleep will make my grumpy and depressed. But I guess I am getting better day by day. My hubby is going overseas this week and it will be challenging for me (especially) at night to handle my girl alone at home.

Lack of rest also affected my milk supply. I only now supply 20% of breastmilk and rest formula. I will give as long as I have milk for her.

Jia you mummies.
JIAYOU! Any amount of breastmilk is good! It's tough handling yr baby alone but U can do it!

Hi Faith&Hope

Anyone at home to help you when ur husband not around? My husband is based overseas so event since CL I have been taking care of baby on my own but I stay with parents so they help out. However can't deny the fact that I am very stressed depressed and down at times when baby keeps crying in evening and I am so tired . He won't be back till September so I can't imagine going through this alone for so many months.

These few days feeling bit down bcoz I doubt if I can take care of baby well. Even bottle feeding, I somehow feel when I feed her she has a lot of wheezing sounds even tho I put her at quite an upright position. I wonder is it Becoz I never push the nipple very fully into the mouth?
Anyway day by day I am learning my baby's habits and how to better take care of her. Some days I feel like I am a bad mommy, can't let her stop crying, don't know what is wrong with her. Especially she has phlegm and is on med now, I blame myself for the things I eat during pregnancy.

Tough but we hafta hang on
My baby makes lotsa funny noises too. I think as long as they are gaining well and drinking well, don't worry too much! If it helps, go visit the doctor for ease of mind.

You are not a bad mummy! It's tough and they are good and bad days. Relish to good ones and tide over the tough ones ok? :)

Any mummies have your prince or princess spitting or vomitting milk from last feed 3 hours later? E.g feed at 7pm, about 9.30 10pm suddenly spit milk or vomit milk... called kk up n asked to monitor... no one able to answer why this happened.... asked kk doc as my prince did it in front of the doc... he said everything normal and tried sweeping it until i question shouldnt milk been digested by then? He say dont know...

Any mummies have your prince or princess spitting or vomitting milk from last feed 3 hours later? E.g feed at 7pm, about 9.30 10pm suddenly spit milk or vomit milk... called kk up n asked to monitor... no one able to answer why this happened.... asked kk doc as my prince did it in front of the doc... he said everything normal and tried sweeping it until i question shouldnt milk been digested by then? He say dont know...

Hi,

My LO also on & off will vomit/ spit milk out & I went to the pd & was told I'd reflux. So doc said for our case, no need to take med. Just have to carry LO about 90degrees after feed for 30-60mins. I asked doc must be 90 degrees, & he said minimum is 70degrees. Coz centre of gravity & milk can flow down. So far so good. There are instances that LO will vomit/ spit milk but not that frequent. Coz according to pd, lie down after feed cannot flow into stomach. Doc also said the reflux issue should be gone by 4 months old. My LO is now 10 weeks old. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Hi,

I believe that this is just a phase coz my little girl is also the same. Need to be carried till she's in deep sleep then can put her down. I don't deny that it's tiring. For my girl, normally I'll carry her to sleep after latching.

Jia you! She'll grow out of it.

Same for mine too!

MIne is almost every feed. But mine can one week increase 500g. I'm trying to tell myself this is normal. Cos mine has already done a lot of test to make sure stomach ok during her first 5 days at kk. Mine now 4.55kg discharge was only 2.7kg now 6th week starting tomorrow her 1st day of 7th week

Hi mummies,

Can I ask if your little one suddenly sleeps longer and drinks less frequent? My little one is drinking less frequent cause she sleeps longer. And instead of 8 feeds per day, she now takes 7 feeds per day. Quantity of each feed is same. Total quantity per day has reduced from 800 ml to 700 ml per day. Should I be concern?

Hi mummies. Anyone started their menses yet? I had csect close to 9 wks now. The bleeding ended last week. But this week i started bleeding again. Was wondering if it is menses. im quite afraid if it could be internal bleeding. im fully breastfeeding too.

mine haven't really finish after 1 mth, left some spotting to clear .. is yours menses very heavy? if u are worried, maybe have to see doc to be safe!

Hi mummies. Anyone started their menses yet? I had csect close to 9 wks now. The bleeding ended last week. But this week i started bleeding again. Was wondering if it is menses. im quite afraid if it could be internal bleeding. im fully breastfeeding too.

Better check with your gynea. My gynea told me if I am breastfeeding, my menses should not come so fast as long as I am breastfeeding.

I have difficulty handling my LO. Anyone knows the signs of post natal depression or blues? I am scared I kena cos everyday crying.

I have difficulty handling my LO. Anyone knows the signs of post natal depression or blues? I am scared I kena cos everyday crying.

U have friend that have experience with baby that can come to bring u outside for a walk? U need to go out to relax a while. Friends are the best. And u had to try remind urself our bb can only cry to tell u they are uncomfortable but they can't tell u where. This is how I relief myself

You are not alone. My bb cries a lot and I get angry with her a lot of times. I would just leave her on her cot and do my stuff, let her cry for a while. Or I would pass on to my hubby and ignore her. If u need support, always msg Ur friends or call ur mum.

We were struggling with our colicky baby for a while until we came across this article where these parents had a newborn that died after a few days, longing just to hear a baby cry. We are just thankful that our baby looks health and can cry! At least we know he is alive..

Chill... Babies naturally cry more ard mummies coz they wan their mummies' full attention. If u really can't take it, pass e baby to someone else n take a walk. It will cool u down. I used to think dat my helper is much better den me, e mother... My helper assured me dat no matter wad, e kid sticks to mummy unless u totally bo chup... True enuff.. From 1 yr+, my boy sticks to me like a leech. But my helper took away most of my stress of dealing wif a screaming baby n helped to calm him down in e 1st yr. Now I'm more chill coz it's number 2. When I'm at a loss as to wad my little gal wan, I juz pass to my helper den rest.

Chill... Babies naturally cry more ard mummies coz they wan their mummies' full attention. If u really can't take it, pass e baby to someone else n take a walk. It will cool u down. I used to think dat my helper is much better den me, e mother... My helper assured me dat no matter wad, e kid sticks to mummy unless u totally bo chup... True enuff.. From 1 yr+, my boy sticks to me like a leech. But my helper took away most of my stress of dealing wif a screaming baby n helped to calm him down in e 1st yr. Now I'm more chill coz it's number 2. When I'm at a loss as to wad my little gal wan, I juz pass to my helper den rest.

I am handling my girl alone. She keeps crying whenever I put her down. She wants to be carried. Since confinement days, the CL carried her too much. Not has become a habit. How I wish my girl can sleep without carry

LO cries mostly when want to sleep. I can spend many hours trying to make him sleep but no avail. That's why I am anxious about my 2 month old. It's worse with interrupted nights.

Tks for listening "ears" & advice!

Hi mummies,

Can I ask if your little one suddenly sleeps longer and drinks less frequent? My little one is drinking less frequent cause she sleeps longer. And instead of 8 feeds per day, she now takes 7 feeds per day. Quantity of each feed is same. Total quantity per day has reduced from 800 ml to 700 ml per day. Should I be concern?

What do you mean sleeps longer? If at night they may drop a feeding. Good for you if that happens. How many weeks your LO?

LO cries mostly when want to sleep. I can spend many hours trying to make him sleep but no avail. That's why I am anxious about my 2 month old. It's worse with interrupted nights.

Tks for listening "ears" & advice!

Yah. I am going thru the same thing. My Lo does not sleep well in the afternoon without swaddle. Night becomes cranky. All methods does not work Exocet let her cry till she is tired and sleeps. Haiz.

Yah. I am going thru the same thing. My Lo does not sleep well in the afternoon without swaddle. Night becomes cranky. All methods does not work Exocet let her cry till she is tired and sleeps. Haiz.
At 10weeks still can saddle? My little gal refused to be swaddle by the 3rd week. Tomoro she will be 9weeks old....yes, she doesn't sleep well in the day and wake up easily no thanks to a bto construction just about 50m in front of my block...sigh....

My gal has all sorts of pattern too... Need to b carried e whole nite den she will slp, fake cry coz dun wanna b alone... But there r also times she will juz play n hear her music den she will doze off on her own in e cot (which nv hap before during my son's time).. Jia you!

I understand how u feel. My kids both behave totally diff when me n my helper carries them. E stage will slowly pass. Juz think of it as at least they wan u to carry. After a certain age, esp after they start walking, they may not let u carty when u wan to carry them. Try using a ring sling or baby carrier den at least ur arms will get some relief from their ever increasing weight...
I am handling my girl alone. She keeps crying whenever I put her down. She wants to be carried. Since confinement days, the CL carried her too much. Not has become a habit. How I wish my girl can sleep without carry

At 10weeks still can saddle? My little gal refused to be swaddle by the 3rd week. Tomoro she will be 9weeks old....yes, she doesn't sleep well in the day and wake up easily no thanks to a bto construction just about 50m in front of my block...sigh....

How did u manage to get Ur little one to sleep at night without swaddling? My little one is resisting swaddling as well. Moment I swaddle her, she wakes up.

How did u manage to get Ur little one to sleep at night without swaddling? My little one is resisting swaddling as well. Moment I swaddle her, she wakes up.
The hard in the beginning....must carry her to make her sleep in arms before we can put her into the cot to sleep. But now its better, after feed, she usually doze off easily at night. Recently she wakes up to feed at 4hrs at night instead of usual 3hrs. Bad thing about it is in the early morning after her feed, she dont sleep anymore (think she sleep enough thru out the night)

The hard in the beginning....must carry her to make her sleep in arms before we can put her into the cot to sleep. But now its better, after feed, she usually doze off easily at night. Recently she wakes up to feed at 4hrs at night instead of usual 3hrs. Bad thing about it is in the early morning after her feed, she dont sleep anymore (think she sleep enough thru out the night)
Mine same as urs only mine yesterday got once 4hr.. The rest still 2-3 hrs at night

I swaddle too but nowadays at night LO breaks free many times and it's a bad night!

Are you struggling with short naps and night feedings and cranky baby? Or is there any method to help baby sleep better? Any mummy advice? Sometimes I am so tired I let LO sleep on me

Last edited:
does ur bb sleep in aircon room at nite? sometimes it is really humid. i find that bb sleeps better with aircon.

I swaddle too but nowadays at night LO breaks free many times and it's a bad night!

Are you struggling with short naps and night feedings and cranky baby? Or is there any method to help baby sleep better? Any mummy advice? Sometimes I am so tired I let LO sleep on me

i am using the aden & anais swaddles. they are quite airy, good for use in SG. day time as i dont switch on the aircon, I use 1 layer to swaddle with fan. i only switch on aircon at night. at nite bb sleeps longer before crying for the next feed.

if bb struggle, u can check if its becoz bb needs to burp. mine sometimes will suddenly cry or struggle when sleeping. then must quickly carry up and burp, after that pat a while then fall back asleep again. u can try using a pacifier if bb is cranky, sometimes they just feel like sucking something.

hope this helps ! :)

Ye

Yes Aircon if not swaddle very hot.

Same thing. At night cry and feed till sleep. The relief. Next day the cycle continues.hope it gets better around 12 weeks!

Back