(2015/12) Dec 2015 Mummies

hihi, how much formula do u guys give to yr bbs when she's Ard 2 weeks? I'm giving 90ml now and it's seem to be a lot... I worried I'm over feeding her~
as my bm is still not sufficient..
I'm giving my girl 90 also(3 weeks old), following what is recommended on the tin, but if she cannot finish I also don't force.. I bf in the day and after midnight I use formula.

Hi mummies,

Anyone has experience whereby after confinement lady leaves, the bb is having problem getting used to mummy and daddy?

My girl cannot settle down at night when she wants to sleep. She will cry and no matter what position we held her, she gets angry. We end up have to force her to bed and let her cry till she is tired and falls asleep on her own. The CL takes good care of her that only her position can soothe and calm her down.

My girl also does not drink much as well after CL leaves. So not sure why is that so.

I intending to buy ru yi oil to put after she turns one mth, heard that maybe will help with the wind.. Coz now mine keep hiccuping also which i suspect she eat too fast, even with bf , a lot of air inside... Very often after feeding she will spit up milk during burping. Maybe u can try also?

I'm also very tempted to get baby magic tea (saw the reviews that it really helps gassy babies - was a bit desperate liao) but not worth it to get only 1 can... Their free shipping is only for orders $100 n above. If buy 1 can with shipping it will be around $48 usd... Anyone wanna share so can save on shipping?

Link below
https://www.secretsoftea.com/shop/babies-magic-tea-colic-relief/

My prince was hicupping a lot also... checked with the doctor at polyclinic... he says it normal cos their diagraphm(hope i got the spelling correct) is still not very strong... it not because they drink too fast...

Milk spit also very common (according to KKH doctors and Sgh lactation consultant) but just make sure it is not merlion (vomit with force type) i know it hard to see sometimes... cos things just happened too fast...

Thxs! But u know... prince not taken care by the queen herself but the king's mother... when queen need the rest... that when nonsense starts coming...

My SIL started her stupid video recording again... with the strong support from my MIL... when asked y... my MIL says... cos no see baby before ma! (Wonder what happen if i say breastfeeding him u want come in take?) Pls la... take when he is smiling, slping soundly I OK.. he crying for milk, they dont approach me first, bt take video first. He crying for milk , FIL was carrying, i ask him pass me so i can feed... FIL rather make fun of him for 5 minutes before passing back to me for feeding... really hope one day they kena the same... hungry till no energy liao pple go take video before giving them food...

Not helping when my company trying to contact me to work from home during this period... stressed to max... crying baby whom i need to learn bout his needs... special in laws that dont address baby needs immediately (which leads to crying baby) and stupid company that thinks i am freaking free...

why not consider to bf before baby fully awake? they tend to drink when in half slping mode too. it's much peaceful and they won't cry for milk.
take note of the timing and feed yr bb before anyone get in yr way...

My prince was hicupping a lot also... checked with the doctor at polyclinic... he says it normal cos their diagraphm(hope i got the spelling correct) is still not very strong... it not because they drink too fast...

Milk spit also very common (according to KKH doctors and Sgh lactation consultant) but just make sure it is not merlion (vomit with force type) i know it hard to see sometimes... cos things just happened too fast...
My girl still continuing this behavior at night... I think I will be making a trip to the doctor to find out why le.. It's driving me crazy when feed already, burp already change position change hands change clothes and still keep crying harder and harder..morning she spit milk and it came like a fountain out of her nose and mouth. Very heart pain when hear her cry and husband not around, only parents in law..

My girl still continuing this behavior at night... I think I will be making a trip to the doctor to find out why le.. It's driving me crazy when feed already, burp already change position change hands change clothes and still keep crying harder and harder..morning she spit milk and it came like a fountain out of her nose and mouth. Very heart pain when hear her cry and husband not around, only parents in law..

My little girl does the same too! We suspect either 1) need to burp or 2) can't sleep cos overstimulated. When we hold her tight and sing to her, she will slowly doze off to sleep.

Thxs! But u know... prince not taken care by the queen herself but the king's mother... when queen need the rest... that when nonsense starts coming...

My SIL started her stupid video recording again... with the strong support from my MIL... when asked y... my MIL says... cos no see baby before ma! (Wonder what happen if i say breastfeeding him u want come in take?) Pls la... take when he is smiling, slping soundly I OK.. he crying for milk, they dont approach me first, bt take video first. He crying for milk , FIL was carrying, i ask him pass me so i can feed... FIL rather make fun of him for 5 minutes before passing back to me for feeding... really hope one day they kena the same... hungry till no energy liao pple go take video before giving them food...

Not helping when my company trying to contact me to work from home during this period... stressed to max... crying baby whom i need to learn bout his needs... special in laws that dont address baby needs immediately (which leads to crying baby) and stupid company that thinks i am freaking free...
Hugs! Hang in there!

Hi mummies,

Anyone has experience whereby after confinement lady leaves, the bb is having problem getting used to mummy and daddy?

My girl cannot settle down at night when she wants to sleep. She will cry and no matter what position we held her, she gets angry. We end up have to force her to bed and let her cry till she is tired and falls asleep on her own. The CL takes good care of her that only her position can soothe and calm her down.

My girl also does not drink much as well after CL leaves. So not sure why is that so.
Yes, my friend said the same thing. That her baby was used to the CL. Takes some time for baby to get used to another main care giver but baby will! :) Jiayou!

It

Its good to go back to check esp if you feel something is not right. I had infection and couldn't even sit but when I called to make appt my gynae nurse said his appts on a Sat was fully booked! I was shocked at their statement. Isn't there an SOP that sick patients should be seen first?
Yar that's quite odd. Especially since u had an infection! Hope u are better now!

why not consider to bf before baby fully awake? they tend to drink when in half slping mode too. it's much peaceful and they won't cry for milk.
take note of the timing and feed yr bb before anyone get in yr way...

This is the period the in laws love to carry n play with him... haiz... but these few days got so much better cos hubby got a web cam... told in laws that pls put baby in our room so he can see him even when he is at work... and most of the time i am in the room... so at least in the day my prince is safe...

Good to have web camera not only for the king to see the prince... but also when things happen when you were sleeping you can see how it happened and how to avoid... cos you know.. the elderly always scared baby cold so got them wrap up tight tight type... this morning i woke up in shock... the towel was covering whole of his face!!!

Perhaps a good idea to record his milestones too...

Hi mummies,

Can anyone share their experience on training your little one to fall sleep on their own? My hubby tried that and my girl keep crying till she has no voice. How long should we let her cry? And if she cry too much, she will have gas and she will not be able to drink her milk. Dilemma. Not sure what to do now.

But I can't bear to see her cry so long. :confused:

My baby turn 3 week old soon. I am on bf n on fm. But I realised my bf is getting g lesser.... nt even 20ml for 1 pump... n I see no pt to continue but yet I dnt wa to give up... any kw how to increased milk supply? I try to eat oat n lots of liquid n rest as much as I can.
Hi fatefully, is your milk supply getting better? I am having similar situation that my bm seems getting lesser. My baby is 2 weeks old and she has been direct latch on since birth. I was just curious and pumped my milk for 10min and realized i only got 30ml! But she has enough of soil diapers everyday... i don't know what to do. .. should i top of fm or not... it's scary if she only drinks so little everytime! Btw she is a big baby, almost 4kg at birth... so worry...

Hi fatefully, is your milk supply getting better? I am having similar situation that my bm seems getting lesser. My baby is 2 weeks old and she has been direct latch on since birth. I was just curious and pumped my milk for 10min and realized i only got 30ml! But she has enough of soil diapers everyday... i don't know what to do. .. should i top of fm or not... it's scary if she only drinks so little everytime! Btw she is a big baby, almost 4kg at birth... so worry...
I think the bal drink by ur baby. U can try pump before breastfeed to check. Mine too reduce if latching bb. If not I got 30ml in less than 5min. Can see that amt reduce if bb latching. My bb only latch 5 min for a full breast and 10-15 for a not so full breast

my LO was directly latch on and top up by formula earlier..
so recently I decided to pump out and feed..
could I check with you guys..
does BM get absorb by baby faster? as she used to slp 3-4 hrs with formula 90ml. with Bm (90ml) its seem she get hungry within 1/2 hrs.

isn't it suppose to be the same?

my LO was directly latch on and top up by formula earlier..
so recently I decided to pump out and feed..
could I check with you guys..
does BM get absorb by baby faster? as she used to slp 3-4 hrs with formula 90ml. with Bm (90ml) its seem she get hungry within 1/2 hrs.

isn't it suppose to be the same?

If u bf your LO, he or she will feel hungry in 2 hours interval as bm is easier to digest. I also bottle feed n didn't latch after I am on medication.

Hi mummies,

Can anyone share their experience on training your little one to fall sleep on their own? My hubby tried that and my girl keep crying till she has no voice. How long should we let her cry? And if she cry too much, she will have gas and she will not be able to drink her milk. Dilemma. Not sure what to do now.

But I can't bear to see her cry so long. :confused:

U don't have to train your LO to fall asleep. After being fed, LO will smile or doze off on his or her own.

By now if your baby nearer to 1st mth, there should be a routine and u should know what to do naturally.

U don't have to train your LO to fall asleep. After being fed, LO will smile or doze off on his or her own.

By now if your baby nearer to 1st mth, there should be a routine and u should know what to do naturally.

We roughly know her routine already. But I observed that my girl is attached to confinement lady as she sleeps with her these whole month and CL carries her a lot. Now she cries because she is trying to adapt to my hubby and myself. It is a long process of adjusting her again. She does not sleep on her own now and will cry for someone to carry her when she wants to sleep. Just last night, took us 3 hrs to calm her down before she wants to sleep again. She keep crying no matter how we carry her. And I bearly sleep for 2hrs. It's a long challenging process. Hope I can pull thru this period.

oh no, cos she is used to be carried by the CL.
so you might need to do that to make her sleep.. as bb is used to it..
maybe u could try to feed her to sleep or nurse her by BF(they easily fall asleep while suckling)

Hi mummies,

Totally feel you. After CL left only me and my wife taking care but baby just keep crying non stop in the night and the wife is stressed out cos not enuf rest and it sure did affect the BM volume and also lesser time to do pumping.

My supply is getting low now as well due to not enough rest. I may have to go on full formula soon. But I really feel guilty about it for not able to give my girl more breastmilk for longer time. :(

My supply is getting low now as well due to not enough rest. I may have to go on full formula soon. But I really feel guilty about it for not able to give my girl more breastmilk for longer time. :(
Don't lose heart on it, keep trying untill it's really not helping. My wife just keep pumping now, about twice a day due to only the two of us with the baby and no other help. But each day is only about 40ml max...still give it to the baby, it's better than nothing. Also starting today trying out this "fenugreek" supplement to see if it helps to improve the situation since it's recmeneded by a few friends.
Jia you...

Hi! Anyone engaging confinement nanny from PEM? If yes, did anyone take up their herbal package or massage package?

I regret engaging the nanny from them. The nanny can't even hang the clothes out! Don't even know how she become a nanny!

I regret engaging the nanny from them. The nanny can't even hang the clothes out! Don't even know how she become a nanny!
I gotten mine from PEM too. Included the herbal and massage package too.
All I can say is, just expect the basic of a confinement nanny to focus on the baby and not so much on other areas, plus have to see the timing of the baby feeling pattern etc, cos if nanny too preoccupied then not much time for other work.

Mummies just continue to direct latch and dont give up! Apparently what you pump out is not an accurate gauge of what baby is getting. Because babies have ability to suck more milk than a pump. So your baby is probably taking in more than 30ml. Plus if you pump after feeding baby the 30ml was actually the excess leftover and you have more in you.

Its only 2wks and will take a while to establish milk supply. The more you latch the more milk will come in future. I was pumping abt 35ml at 2wks and about 80ml at 5wks. Not much compared to other mummies but gd enough. I was also very stress and kept recording baby feeding time, how much he drank etc. But very stressful when not much milk is coming out. So i decided to dump all feedinf schedules and recording down amount, formula milk etc. I just latch everytime he cries. Even if it means have to latch every half an hr to one hr. I use formula only when i have to bring him out cos i dont know yet how to nurse him outside.

Gd thing abt formula is baby is full for a few hrs and mummy feels contented. But once u give formula, baby will be too full to drink breast milk. The less you latch, your milk supply will reduce also. So just latch even if baby is hungry half an hr later. You have enough soiled diapers so Keep calm and latch on!

Happen to see this from one of the facebook page...
http://sg.******************/singaporean-mums-tell-what-giving-birth-really-feels-like/

It is funny how some mummy describe the birth process... guess some of the quotes there u will agree... otherwise... have a good laugh and happy recalling the day our LO met us for the very first time in our arms...

Hi mummies,

I am feeling very depressed now. My girl has been crying every hour and does not want to sleep. And I have been like talking to her entire day, trying to coax her and nothing works. Today I just stared at her and cry. I tried every method but nothing works to calm her down. I am tired and I don't know what to do with her. I pass my bb to my hubby to look after as I dun really wish to see her now. Am I having depression? Should I just pass the night shift to my hubby while I rest for the night? Does that make me a bad mummy for having such thoughts?

Hi mummies,

I am feeling very depressed now. My girl has been crying every hour and does not want to sleep. And I have been like talking to her entire day, trying to coax her and nothing works. Today I just stared at her and cry. I tried every method but nothing works to calm her down. I am tired and I don't know what to do with her. I pass my bb to my hubby to look after as I dun really wish to see her now. Am I having depression? Should I just pass the night shift to my hubby while I rest for the night? Does that make me a bad mummy for having such thoughts?
I had the same thing happen to me also.. At least you can pass the night shift to your hubby..sometimes I feel depressed also but I have parents in law at home, and I can't let the emotions get to me because ultimately I know everyone is trying to help in their own way.. I tried taking her to a doctor for her crying and spitting up but doc also says its normal and as long as she doesn't spit up different color stuff it's ok. I guess this is a phase we must all go through... Sometimes I cry in the shower just to let out the feelings, and then when I get out, just back to "mummy mode". *hugs* I know it may not help much but try to find an hour to have to yourself( when she sleep) to reclaim some sanity..

Hi mummies,

I had gone through too. I lightly beat her thigh and hit myself too.. Now I just keep in mind either bb want milk, change diaper or carry her walk around or in their prefer position. Now my bb seems hourly need attention. No choice. Hope things will get better. If u need a break jus take a break from bb. Afte that u will calm down n start fresh. My hubby took over tat time n I calm down after that just repeat telling myself it's only milk or attention or diaper they cry for

I had gone through too. I lightly beat her thigh and hit myself too.. Now I just keep in mind either bb want milk, change diaper or carry her walk around or in their prefer position. Now my bb seems hourly need attention. No choice. Hope things will get better. If u need a break jus take a break from bb. Afte that u will calm down n start fresh. My hubby took over tat time n I calm down after that just repeat telling myself it's only milk or attention or diaper they cry for

Thanks for encouragment. It is more difficult when I am handling her cry at night. Feels so lonely handling on my own. I was trying to pacify her whole day till 2am. And keep talking to her till I think I am crazy. Frustrated and angry that I scolded my girl. Of course she won't understand and cry even harder. Finally I gave up and pass to my hubby and hide myself in a room to cry. My hubby of course manage to pacify her and we slept at 3am.

Babies fuss more when mummy is ard. Learnt it e hard way too when I had number 1. Kept thinking how come my boy preferred my helper to me n only she could calm him down. Had a tok wif my helper n she gave me e best ans "If baby dun manja wif mummy, den wif who? Babies obviously noe who their mummies n they will nv b closer to another person unless e mummy bo chup" Breastfed babies can smell mummy from a distance. From dat day on, whenever I cannot manage, I juz pass my boy, now my gal, to her before I get angry. True enuff, my boy sticks to me like a leech now n only runs to my helper when I scold him.
Thanks for encouragment. It is more difficult when I am handling her cry at night. Feels so lonely handling on my own. I was trying to pacify her whole day till 2am. And keep talking to her till I think I am crazy. Frustrated and angry that I scolded my girl. Of course she won't understand and cry even harder. Finally I gave up and pass to my hubby and hide myself in a room to cry. My hubby of course manage to pacify her and we slept at 3am.

Me too. Whole day alone with her. Can't poo myself, sore throat dry from thirst, feel going to fall sick. Now when I saw pp, I pass her to them to get a break. Sometimes wonder why make my life so difficult. But no choice had to bear with it. The only way is reading web to see how others coping n learn to cope too

We roughly know her routine already. But I observed that my girl is attached to confinement lady as she sleeps with her these whole month and CL carries her a lot. Now she cries because she is trying to adapt to my hubby and myself. It is a long process of adjusting her again. She does not sleep on her own now and will cry for someone to carry her when she wants to sleep. Just last night, took us 3 hrs to calm her down before she wants to sleep again. She keep crying no matter how we carry her. And I bearly sleep for 2hrs. It's a long challenging process. Hope I can pull thru this period.
Well yes i find it really hard to make my LO fall asleep. But now she sleeps better. You can take a look that this on how to make your baby sleep better. It really works for me so goodluck! Be patience!

totally agree.. sobz~ and esp they are going thru growth spurts when all
the milk vol/ schedule went haywire..
originally 1 feed can last 3 hrs, now it could only last 1.5hr or 2..
And it seem they are always crying every hourly.. and doesn't want to sleep..

Hi mummies,

Thanks for sharing and encouragement. Knowing that I am not alone and its a phase that we all need to go through and wait for things to get better. I guess this is what we call parenthood? Learning and pushing ourselves to the limits. At the same time, loving and caring for our little one. Sleep deprived is really a major issue for me. I will try to catch sleep whenever I can. Hope I can pull through this phase.

Blackcude: You mean every hourly? even at night? Maybe you should start a sleeping routine for them, to make them know when is day and night. When is time to sleep.

Faith&hope0902: Welcome thats the least we could do, to encourage each other :) What you say is so true im sure our efforts will pay off eventually, lets Perservere!!! Omg from what you say i can tell that it is really hard on you, does your baby cry often like Blackcude too? My baby always have difficulty sleeping, sometimes will get up during the night too.

luckily the hourly thing apply in day time. at night time is still ok, as will feed LO full with Fm and settle her in a dim room with night light. so it could last for est. 3hrs.

yes we can't really ensure that they sleep through the night, just how long can their sleep last through the night haha. You ever tried playing some soothing music thru the night? then your 3 hours can become 5 hours haha

Hi i have experienced that after pump out for 20mins and no more milk flowing out I stopped. Then bb woke up and i let her latched, she happily latched. I gently pressed and still see milk flowing out. Think pump cannot express all the milk out totally.

My baby turn 3 week old soon. I am on bf n on fm. But I realised my bf is getting g lesser.... nt even 20ml for 1 pump... n I see no pt to continue but yet I dnt wa to give up... any kw how to increased milk supply? I try to eat oat n lots of liquid n rest as much as I can.

My CL has been cooking soup for my daily. I saw the increase in my milk flow. She told me to keep supply coming in, we must drink lots of fluids such as soup and red dates tea. She advised when i am on my own just try to drink lots of red dates tea if no time to cook soup daily. Also its better to let bb latch regularly to stimulate the milk supply. Only pump when milk supply is stablised.

hi all, just want to ask if its ok for baby to drink frozen ebm thats in fridge for two months? considering to 'stock up' for her infantcare days starting now..

Hi mummies, any solutions/ suggestion to bb who likes to be carried till fall into deep sleep? My girl wants to be carried and coax whenever she wants to sleep and cannot put her down until she goes into deep sleep. Else she will cry again. Is this just a phase? Or I will have to carry her all the way?

Hi mummies, any solutions/ suggestion to bb who likes to be carried till fall into deep sleep? My girl wants to be carried and coax whenever she wants to sleep and cannot put her down until she goes into deep sleep. Else she will cry again. Is this just a phase? Or I will have to carry her all the way?

Hi,

I believe that this is just a phase coz my little girl is also the same. Need to be carried till she's in deep sleep then can put her down. I don't deny that it's tiring. For my girl, normally I'll carry her to sleep after latching.

Jia you! She'll grow out of it.

Back