(2015/12) Dec 2015 Mummies

Am i the only one feeling this way?

Baby crying in the middle of the night, whole family just come into the room, giving advise what to do... hubby sister there to take video, totally no privacy. Never mind. Mother in law suggested to cup feed my prince. I am OK. I mean she is out of good will.

However, she did it too fast n over fed. No doubt i am a little over supply, milk is not to be fed this way. It like seeing your precious liquid depleting in 1 feed when it can be for 2 feeds. MIL can still ask how much was drank. Seriously feeling no good now... feel like getting myself out of this house for a while, if not for it this late and me doing confinement.

Imagine if we all go back to work... and MIL tell me my supply is nv enough cos she overfed...

I understand how you feel. The excitement from the family is overwhelming. And opinions are coming in from all directions. I dun have milk supply yet and seeing my bb feeding formula only upsets me. And people keep saying if u dun have it now, u may not have it later. Super upset that my bb is not latching on me anymore.

Thanks mummies. Today is another brand new day. I will stop worrying and will start simulating using pump. Even though I missed the few days when my girl is latched on me and I can feel the bonding. Today is Day 5 and I hope I will have milk supply soon. Pray hard.....

Haha... Ya, gynae kept telling me baby more impt den work, coz I din count baby movement when I'm bz at work... Baby only facing down, head not lodged yet... Asked baby to gif me 1 more wk to do wad i can for office first... My office is small n 1 of my staff gg for op on 10th n will b down for 1 mth, den me maternity from 14th... Haiii...
I went for check up on tues and doc said i have a long way to go. But i gave birth on fri. You never know :) Hang in there!

E more u worry, e slower e supply kicks in... 1st wk my boy only latched den he got jaundice partly due to dehydration n had to undergo phototherapy... Started supplementing but only managed to fully breastfeed from 3rd mth onwards... U can do it if u really wan... But a baby on formula milk is also fine... I grew up on formula milk coz mummy's time too bz to breastfeed n I turned out fine.... No need to b stressed!!! :)
Thanks mummies. Today is another brand new day. I will stop worrying and will start simulating using pump. Even though I missed the few days when my girl is latched on me and I can feel the bonding. Today is Day 5 and I hope I will have milk supply soon. Pray hard.....

Seeing mummies popping makes me wanna pop soon too!

Tmr seeing Dr Adrian & I'm now approaching wk37...EDD was 29Dec but last Monday alrdy dilated 3cm. Been having lower back aches in morning. Is this 1 of labour symptoms..?
He got check ur dilation??

Seeing mummies popping makes me wanna pop soon too!

Tmr seeing Dr Adrian & I'm now approaching wk37...EDD was 29Dec but last Monday alrdy dilated 3cm. Been having lower back aches in morning. Is this 1 of labour symptoms..?

You had the same EDD as me :)
I had a big tummy and all the aunties around me will act smart and says that I am going to deliver soon (they been saying this since last mth) and I am quite irritated as he will be a preterm baby if he delivers early. and it sounds like they cursing me to have a preterm baby. lolx. Anyway tml will be week 37. :)

Anyway so far, my doc nv check for my dilution. only see if he is engaged anot.

Am i the only one feeling this way?

Baby crying in the middle of the night, whole family just come into the room, giving advise what to do... hubby sister there to take video, totally no privacy. Never mind. Mother in law suggested to cup feed my prince. I am OK. I mean she is out of good will.

However, she did it too fast n over fed. No doubt i am a little over supply, milk is not to be fed this way. It like seeing your precious liquid depleting in 1 feed when it can be for 2 feeds. MIL can still ask how much was drank. Seriously feeling no good now... feel like getting myself out of this house for a while, if not for it this late and me doing confinement.

Imagine if we all go back to work... and MIL tell me my supply is nv enough cos she overfed...
I understand too.. my confinement lady is my mil and it is sometimes that she want to be close to the grand daughter beside preparing food for me. But at times,like let says in the afternoon, she will not come in to help.. Thus I kind of regretted not to engage confinement lady. Confinement lady really helps out in taking care of the baby likes sunbath etc.My hubby and I help to take care of the baby, definitely both of us are shagged to the max. A small shriek from the cot will scare the shit out of us. Then the brother will come in and asked why baby cry, like only mil carry her, baby will stop crying, words like cos baby know who is the family member(hello am I transparent to you even though my surname differ). Then mil will ask why baby face is red here red there, got enough milk for baby to drink, why baby dun drink. And sometime ,hubby will tease about your size, why belly is still there.
When a help is volunteered but not actually helping is the same as not helping or worst still, with all those toxicated statements, I would rather they keep their mouth shut and leave us alone.
Honestly those words sucks and for this period of time, the normal me that can take in this shit are unable to swallow all this rubbish

Last edited:
Haha... Ya, gynae kept telling me baby more impt den work, coz I din count baby movement when I'm bz at work... Baby only facing down, head not lodged yet... Asked baby to gif me 1 more wk to do wad i can for office first... My office is small n 1 of my staff gg for op on 10th n will b down for 1 mth, den me maternity from 14th... Haiii...

Me too. Too engross till I forgot to count the kicks too. My princess also very good, know to kick after my work to mk me feel at ease.

My boy was born 5 days before EDD so gynae oredi said number 2 likely to b born near EDD too. Juz glad dis baby came along so I can shut down factory. Work can nv finish but baby has given me e chance to b wif my staff today n gif them an early Xmas party before we start disappearing 1 by 1 from tom. I enjoy e celeb first. Settle e work later. Heehee :)
See most mummies already gave birth and waiting for your turn seems long but I guess that's worth it

Hi mummies who has delivered via cesarean. Does anyone feel this burning pain at the wounds when you stand up and walk? I have this pain last night when I stand up to walk to the loo. There is no pain when I lay down or sit down.

When my boy was young, he also cried lesser when my helper or mother carried him. If i carry him, cannot even put down. Cry e moment I try to put him down. Whilst u r recuperating, try to ignore whatever comments they gif. Sanity n rest more impt. If it works better when they carry e baby, so b it...

My boy seemed to b closer to my helper when he was still a baby but once he understood mummy, he sticks to me like a leech once he c me, till I gotta hide to make sure he dun c me during my working hrs or if I got mitings at nite.
I understand too.. my confinement lady is my mil and it is sometimes that she want to be close to the grand daughter beside preparing food for me. But at times,like let says in the afternoon, she will not come in to help.. Thus I kind of regretted not to engage confinement lady. Confinement lady really helps out in taking care of the baby likes sunbath etc.My hubby and I help to take care of the baby, definitely both of us are shagged to the max. A small shriek from the cot will scare the shit out of us. Then the brother will come in and asked why baby cry, like only mil carry her, baby will stop crying, words like cos baby know who is the family member(hello am I transparent to you even though my surname differ). Then mil will ask why baby face is red here red there, got enough milk for baby to drink, why baby dun drink. And sometime ,hubby will tease about your size, why belly is still there.
When a help is volunteered but not actually helping is the same as not helping or worst still, with all those toxicated statements, I would rather they keep their mouth shut and leave us alone.
Honestly those words sucks and for this period of time, the normal me that can take in this shit are unable to swallow all this rubbish

All the new Dec mommies try to stay positive k! No doubt we all went thru a lot to carry the baby inside us these months and go through labor. Now feels as if many things out of control and many ppl giving advice like they are the moms but they also out of goodwill. Just be firm what you want to do with baby. And about latching on pls don't stress. Bonding with baby can be in so many ways. My mom never bf me at all not even once and I am closer to my mom since young than any of my frens and I am a super strong formula baby too :) you all have already done so well to this stage, let's encourage one another and ourselves to see our babies grow up day by day k!

When my boy was young, he also cried lesser when my helper or mother carried him. If i carry him, cannot even put down. Cry e moment I try to put him down. Whilst u r recuperating, try to ignore whatever comments they gif. Sanity n rest more impt. If it works better when they carry e baby, so b it...

My boy seemed to b closer to my helper when he was still a baby but once he understood mummy, he sticks to me like a leech once he c me, till I gotta hide to make sure he dun c me during my working hrs or if I got mitings at nite.

I haven even given birth and my husband also always call me bui bui wife even tho i only put on 5kg! I hear already also angry, like it is not funny lo the changes happening to our body these months. Luckily during confinement only me and the CL at home, husband also not going to be around after one week. Initially I feel quite sad and lonely but now I think maybe a good idea to have some peace :)

Wif or without pregnancy, my hubby also say I fat so I immune oredi... Juz conc on ur recovery n bonding wif e baby... :)
I haven even given birth and my husband also always call me bui bui wife even tho i only put on 5kg! I hear already also angry, like it is not funny lo the changes happening to our body these months. Luckily during confinement only me and the CL at home, husband also not going to be around after one week. Initially I feel quite sad and lonely but now I think maybe a good idea to have some peace :)

I recall a couple of mummies asking about the take-home gifts that Mt E Novena gives upon discharge, but I forgot who :D Apart from the POSB gift set that is given at every hospital, we went home with a rather unattractive diaper bag, a rather unattractive nursing shawl, a plain baby onesie and a towel, plus a bunch of magazines and product samples. You also get to bring home whatever is left of the diapers, wipes, and pads they already opened. The gift pack is seriously not something to care for lol, but I must say the service and the experience there is wonderful. The staff are very pro-breastfeeding and the nursery staff are super sweet to the babies and doesn't handle them roughly (I've seen this happen at other hospitals). If I have to do it all again, I would definitely go back.

Hi mummies who has delivered via cesarean. Does anyone feel this burning pain at the wounds when you stand up and walk? I have this pain last night when I stand up to walk to the loo. There is no pain when I lay down or sit down.

Are you using a tummy binder? It really helps.

:(I feel slightly depressed with the shape that I m in now. I have a slight bigger belly that did reduce in size a bit.. I bf as well as give formula but my belly is still like that. ..

I also think my body is a wreck now, what with the scars and the belly and the sore boobs, but hey it will get better! It's too soon to bounce back to pre-preg body, give it time and stay cheerful! :)

All the new Dec mommies try to stay positive k! No doubt we all went thru a lot to carry the baby inside us these months and go through labor. Now feels as if many things out of control and many ppl giving advice like they are the moms but they also out of goodwill. Just be firm what you want to do with baby. And about latching on pls don't stress. Bonding with baby can be in so many ways. My mom never bf me at all not even once and I am closer to my mom since young than any of my frens and I am a super strong formula baby too :) you all have already done so well to this stage, let's encourage one another and ourselves to see our babies grow up day by day k!

I feel overwhelmed at times too as i am a first time mummy. So many things to learn. Everything happened so fast since i went to labour till now. Been busy caring for baby and cant believe it has already been a week since i gave birth. Stay positive!

I feel overwhelmed at times too as i am a first time mummy. So many things to learn. Everything happened so fast since i went to labour till now. Been busy caring for baby and cant believe it has already been a week since i gave birth. Stay positive!
Same here.. 1 week down and 3 weeks more to end confinement. Any ways to make a baby fall asleep and sleep thru out the night?

bb when still young during the first month usually wouldnt sleep throughout the night. about 3 hours interval need milk feeds. or will cry when poo / pee for diaper change.

think my #1 took several months before sleeping longer hours at night, also not throughout until older a bit.

Same here.. 1 week down and 3 weeks more to end confinement. Any ways to make a baby fall asleep and sleep thru out the night?

Baby would doze off and sleep after each feed. I will feed him in 3hrs interval until he is contented. Then he can sleep for the next 3hrs. Pass midnight, my baby would wake up 3 times in the middle of the night for feed/diaper change. It is more manageable now that i know his pattern. Previously, i couldnt get any sleep at all. Now i can get some sleep in between the feeds. some nights, hubby helped with the feeding as I have pumped and store the milk. He will feed baby while i rest.

Hmm think there is no easy way out of this initially coz they wake every three hours or so for feed. But heard it gets better so hang in there. Also depend on individual baby. My fren's baby from second month onwards sleep almost through the night from 11 plus to 6 plus!! She did not even do anything . But all she did was for night feed she use formula milk.

You had the same EDD as me :)
I had a big tummy and all the aunties around me will act smart and says that I am going to deliver soon (they been saying this since last mth) and I am quite irritated as he will be a preterm baby if he delivers early. and it sounds like they cursing me to have a preterm baby. lolx. Anyway tml will be week 37. :)

Anyway so far, my doc nv check for my dilution. only see if he is engaged anot.

My girl been lying low on my pelvic & I now having difficulty to walk long. I would feel breathless & bladder feeling full when it's actually not. Gynae used ultrasound scan & said I dilated already. So, it's anytime.

I have pain killers. But i have not taken for a while. Maybe will do that before I sleep today and see if it is better.
U really need to consume the pain killer at least for a few days after you discharged. It is consider as an operation, for me i am low pain tolerant...really must eat to dispel the pain. I just remove the bandage after a week..

Last edited:
I'm going to full month . Bb still can't sleep thru at night . 3 hrly feeding
U feeding all using breast milk?I feed formula at night..I scare she is not full at night.. then I try all methods..white noise, lullaby..The only method that can work is drink full full and zzzz

Last edited:
i just delivered yesterday w epidural csect too. Was shivering uncontrollably from the medication n partly cos it was cold. It helped that the husband had very warm hands and held my hands while distracting me with chatter. Whole process over in 35 min and it wasn't too bad!

epidural insertion for me was quite painless, I was doing deep breathing during the prep n insertion, probably helped. the IV drip for glucose later on pinched more

For the mummies who will be going through this procedure, don't worry too much ok! It isn't that scary really. :) :)
Congrats!! Hope everything is well!

My baby now like day and night confusion . Night time don't want to sleep 10 pm till 1am then sleep , 4 am till 6 am . How to help him adjust ?

My baby now like day and night confusion . Night time don't want to sleep 10 pm till 1am then sleep , 4 am till 6 am . How to help him adjust ?
Hmm u play with him by walking around the room in your house during the day.. bath before nap in the afternoon . Usually play music or walking him ard the house in the day will help to make baby focus on items within 25 cm.. which eventually will tire him at night

Back