(2015/12) Dec 2015 Mummies

Hi, i also seeing dr ben (sbcc). My digital clearblue shown 2-3 weeks. Yst went to see dr ben.. Couldnt find sac. Doc suspect ectopic. I need to come back 2 days later. I am so worry right now. :(

U dun worry so much, maybe is too small only. Hope everything is fine.

Dear mummies, did my harmony test this morning. Gynae charge $988 (incl gst). Result will be out in 2 weeks. Hope everything goes well.

Actually I also dunno what he did... cos I was told by the nurse at the registration counter that first I need go do all the necessary measurement etc then wait for doc call, then go for ultrasound scan then go back doc again. But... when the first time doc see me, he already "scanned" and say bb is there, confirmed 10 weeks and no need spend $$ to do the ultrasound. the "scan" was like less than 30 seconds kind of thing. So i am also confused. If this is considered ultrasound scan, then y the nurse ask me go other room for ultrasound? whole visit less than 20 mins... (dun tink it hit the 10 min timer also, superb fast)

BTW went to SGH for the OB...
Oh quite confusing. I did my scan plus the gynae did chk the heartbeat and let us listen leh. So ur scan got show u the baby? Just tt the gynae nvr on the sound for u? Hmm.

Oh quite confusing. I did my scan plus the gynae did chk the heartbeat and let us listen leh. So ur scan got show u the baby? Just tt the gynae nvr on the sound for u? Hmm.

Ya lor... haiz... nvm... I be seeing the doc again in 2 weeks time for the down syndrome test... will see how it goes from there... can't wait to see bb again... haha...

Hi just to share....

Today called up for post natal massage aunty feng lian who did for me 6year ago. I find she is good and she quite talkative lah which I am fine.
She mention she open her own biz, medical halls provide pre-natal and post natal nutrition soup. So I ask is there any website and ask her give me.

This is the link.... http://tangliaoge.com/post-maternity-nutrition-soup.html
I not getting any commission from her, I just find that is good to share for those who want to have nutrition soup but dunno how to go about it.
I just view, is all pack just need to go home boil and drink.

i am eating preserved snacks too. eating wu hua quo (figs)

does anyone know if it's safe for us to eat preserved prune strips (which ingredients contains liquorice) ? Cause it's a bit sour so i feel so good after eating it but read online that liquorice is not good for pregnant women :(

so can we eat?

Hi ladies,

Can I ask do we need take special precaution on our cosmetics, daily skin care and dental care during these period? For example, do we need to change to brands that are safe for pregnancy?

Actually I also dunno what he did... cos I was told by the nurse at the registration counter that first I need go do all the necessary measurement etc then wait for doc call, then go for ultrasound scan then go back doc again. But... when the first time doc see me, he already "scanned" and say bb is there, confirmed 10 weeks and no need spend $$ to do the ultrasound. the "scan" was like less than 30 seconds kind of thing. So i am also confused. If this is considered ultrasound scan, then y the nurse ask me go other room for ultrasound? whole visit less than 20 mins... (dun tink it hit the 10 min timer also, superb fast)

BTW went to SGH for the OB...

Hi strong_seagull, I also went to SGH for OB. But was ask to do the ultrascan scan leh. waited at the room 23 there. Your visit is fast.. My whole visit take me 3 hrs +.

Hi ladies,

Can I ask do we need take special precaution on our cosmetics, daily skin care and dental care during these period? For example, do we need to change to brands that are safe for pregnancy?
Hi faith,

Yes. Better to ask if the cosmetics and skincare are suitable for use during pregnancy. But mostly off shelve products is ok. There are certain ingredient such as retinol etc. U can google up on the ingredients.

Hi strong_seagull, I also went to SGH for OB. But was ask to do the ultrascan scan leh. waited at the room 23 there. Your visit is fast.. My whole visit take me 3 hrs +.

Hi latsyrct,

@@ 3 hours? that's long!!! Saw Dr. Tan Hak Koon and that was what he said. Hubby says next visit we shld insist to hear bb heartbeat... haha...

BTW... is it ok for us to be like snacking or eating preserved food? wanted to hv salted fish fried rice once and hubby was like... salted fish = preserved food... u sure u want eat? T.T

Hi latsyrct,

@@ 3 hours? that's long!!! Saw Dr. Tan Hak Koon and that was what he said. Hubby says next visit we shld insist to hear bb heartbeat... haha...

BTW... is it ok for us to be like snacking or eating preserved food? wanted to hv salted fish fried rice once and hubby was like... salted fish = preserved food... u sure u want eat? T.T

saw somewhere online saying not to have salted fish.... and even fish not all types we can eat...due to the high mercury level. though i also hated all the restrictions but for the sake of the baby, have to bear with it :(

Hi All

I went for the detailed scan yesterday @ NUH (i am 22 weeks 1 day) and found out from the Sonographer that my baby brain fluid is more than the usual range. It is about 1.01cm?
Safe range should be 1cm and below or something. I was not paying so much attention to what she said as my mind went blank at that moment.

She added that i will need to meet with the Professor and had him check on this matter. Hence, a few hours later i went for another Ultrasound @ Kent Ridge Wing [Fetal Clinic]. The Professor was telling me that this is quite mild and that it might go away throughout the rest of my pregnancy or it could be worst. Therefore, he had also recommended me to go for;

1) Toxo Test
2) Down Syndrome Test

Anyone here is in the same situation or had previously experience this before? Please share your experience. Really need other mommy's advise here.

I hope my baby is ok. :(

Hi latsyrct,

@strong_seagull , probably is because I use the subsidized scheme. Think after the 1st trimester test will change to private patient instead. If not the waiting time always take so long.

@strong_seagull , probably is because I use the subsidized scheme. Think after the 1st trimester test will change to private patient instead. If not the waiting time always take so long.

eh... actually I am also on subsidized scheme... but perhaps due to luck our waiting time then was not that long... supposed to hv scan at 1030, doc appt at 1110 set by the polyclinic... but we left the clinic before 1100... but the payment part we waited for a while more...

saw somewhere online saying not to have salted fish.... and even fish not all types we can eat...due to the high mercury level. though i also hated all the restrictions but for the sake of the baby, have to bear with it :(

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!! it is a torture somehow... but... nvm... let's just bear with it ba! Hopefully our little one will be out healthy and all our "frustrations (?)" are worth it...

does having a tummy before being pregnant makes your now-pregnant tummy more obvious? i'm coming to 8 weeks and my tummy looks like its almost 3 months-4 months (i don really know the size of these months...just guessing)

does having a tummy before being pregnant makes your now-pregnant tummy more obvious? i'm coming to 8 weeks and my tummy looks like its almost 3 months-4 months (i don really know the size of these months...just guessing)

I heard from elderly, after the 1st pregnancy the tummy will get bigger than the usual time. My tummy also quite obvious and I just 8week plus...
Quite frustrated, colleague mention I got spare tyre.... :(

I heard from elderly, after the 1st pregnancy the tummy will get bigger than the usual time. My tummy also quite obvious and I just 8week plus...
Quite frustrated, colleague mention I got spare tyre.... :(

but mine is first baby :(:(

so far no one mention anything yet....i just find it bigger than it should be...

Hi, i also seeing dr ben (sbcc). My digital clearblue shown 2-3 weeks. Yst went to see dr ben.. Couldnt find sac. Doc suspect ectopic. I need to come back 2 days later. I am so worry right now. :(

Hihi, dont be worries too much.. i remembered that time i went. He also said scare is ectopic. Which make me worry and scare. Cos i been trying for soo long. And its my first bb.. he even told me.. dont worries. Its mine mean mine.. lol.. how nt to worries if he said that way?? U walk in for ur fewn rec u there?? So far he is nice.. but i feel the way he talk.. sometimes scare me.. so actually thinking wan to change gynae anot..
After see the sac.. he will say see the heartbeat.. which will make u worried agIn.. i tot my history thT why he cant cfm im pregnant or wat.. but he told u these too..
But anyway, its jus 2-3weeks.. cant see anyth its normal.. that time i 1st went is 4th week still cant see.. till 5th week. Think positive ok! Update me ur good news again :)

But why ask u 2-3days later go again?? Did he do blood test for u for the hcg?

Hihi.... I am a first time mum and EDD is 5 Dec, seeing Dr Benjamin Tham. Kindly add me in the Facebook group @ [email protected]. Thanks.

I have constant cramps and have been feeling giddy with MS since week 7 throughout everyday. Lately MS getting worse. Been vomiting for the past 2 days. Previously was only once a week. Hopeful it will get better soon. Does anyone has giddiness throughout the day. Not sure if this is caused by MS. Can't wait for my next gynae visit on 25th, also doing Oscar test.

Hihi.... I am a first time mum and EDD is 5 Dec, seeing Dr Benjamin Tham. Kindly add me in the Facebook group @ [email protected]. Thanks.

I have constant cramps and have been feeling giddy with MS since week 7 throughout everyday. Lately MS getting worse. Been vomiting for the past 2 days. Previously was only once a week. Hopeful it will get better soon. Does anyone has giddiness throughout the day. Not sure if this is caused by MS. Can't wait for my next gynae visit on 25th, also doing Oscar test.

i had giddiness in the initial stage (before i got to know i'm pregnant till about 5th week) and my pressure was rather low.Doc said it's normal.

Hi moomoo23, I'm in my 9th week and have been feeling giddy everyday since week 7...and sometimes cant concentrate at work... Jia you for us ☺

Hi Momo, i am also with DR Ben Tham. EDD is 7 Dec. Nice to know you. I am drinking lemon water to ease my MS feeling. You may wanna try.

@latsyrct @strong_seagull

Im seeing doctor at sgh too. My last appointment, I had to wait for more than 3 hours! They sent me an sms saying there is 3 more patients before me. My appointment was at 130pm but it was close to 430pm when it was my turn. I went in the room and doctor only spent 10mins talking to me. I told her i had sharp pains and cramps. She said its normal and if I would like to go for a scan, would need to wait long and will end late. I was really worried if it was ectopic. So she say gave appointment 6 weeks later to do ultrasound and down syndrome test.

Funny thing is, the nurse told me if i had cramps, i can go to early pregnancy unit to have it checked. But wonder why doctor didnt insist on checking during the consultation.

3 days later, i still had pain and decided to go to a pvt clinic near my hse instead. Doctor checked and say theres 2 fibroids and gave me medicine. Gave me advice and ask to come back 4 weeks ltr to check.

Im going to for the subsidised rate, take the tests at sgh first then will change to pvt at 16weeks.

@latsyrct @strong_seagull

Im seeing doctor at sgh too. My last appointment, I had to wait for more than 3 hours! They sent me an sms saying there is 3 more patients before me. My appointment was at 130pm but it was close to 430pm when it was my turn. I went in the room and doctor only spent 10mins talking to me. I told her i had sharp pains and cramps. She said its normal and if I would like to go for a scan, would need to wait long and will end late. I was really worried if it was ectopic. So she say gave appointment 6 weeks later to do ultrasound and down syndrome test.

Funny thing is, the nurse told me if i had cramps, i can go to early pregnancy unit to have it checked. But wonder why doctor didnt insist on checking during the consultation.

3 days later, i still had pain and decided to go to a pvt clinic near my hse instead. Doctor checked and say theres 2 fibroids and gave me medicine. Gave me advice and ask to come back 4 weeks ltr to check.

Im going to for the subsidised rate, take the tests at sgh first then will change to pvt at 16weeks.

did the doc say anything about the fibroids? cause i have 3 cysts underneath my womb but my gynae said as long as it doesnt go beyond 5cm then no worries at the moment

Hi Momo, i am also with DR Ben Tham. EDD is 7 Dec. Nice to know you. I am drinking lemon water to ease my MS feeling. You may wanna try.

Hi Mommy Rabbit, I am also drinking lemon water to help me get water down my throat, but seems like nothing is easing my MS. Just pray hard that MS will be over soon. Nice knowing you too. Just want to check which screening package are you going for? I have booked for the package 1 which is Oscar + PE + 20 weeks.

@Excited_Audrey It's always comforting to know that you are not alone. :) Jia you for both of us....

Hihi, dont be worries too much.. i remembered that time i went. He also said scare is ectopic. Which make me worry and scare. Cos i been trying for soo long. And its my first bb.. he even told me.. dont worries. Its mine mean mine.. lol.. how nt to worries if he said that way?? U walk in for ur fewn rec u there?? So far he is nice.. but i feel the way he talk.. sometimes scare me.. so actually thinking wan to change gynae anot..
After see the sac.. he will say see the heartbeat.. which will make u worried agIn.. i tot my history thT why he cant cfm im pregnant or wat.. but he told u these too..
But anyway, its jus 2-3weeks.. cant see anyth its normal.. that time i 1st went is 4th week still cant see.. till 5th week. Think positive ok! Update me ur good news again :)

But why ask u 2-3days later go again?? Did he do blood test for u for the hcg?
Latest update, i had done surgery removal right tube after confirmed mine is an ectopic preg. Calculate after LMP should be 6w6d. Beta HCG 31000.. Yet couldn't find the sac. Unfortunately my left tube is also blocked. So now the only chance to get pregnant is thru ivf.

Hi ladies, is it ok to bend or squat down to pick up things or to open the door? I have to open my office door every morning and when I squat down and stand up after that, I feel comfortable (mild cramps) and breathless. Perhaps I should stop squatting down.

Hi Mommy Rabbit, I am also drinking lemon water to help me get water down my throat, but seems like nothing is easing my MS. Just pray hard that MS will be over soon. Nice knowing you too. Just want to check which screening package are you going for? I have booked for the package 1 which is Oscar + PE + 20 weeks.

@Excited_Audrey It's always comforting to know that you are not alone. :) Jia you for both of us....

I have booked for package number 1 with the cost of $800.00

Latest update, i had done surgery removal right tube after confirmed mine is an ectopic preg. Calculate after LMP should be 6w6d. Beta HCG 31000.. Yet couldn't find the sac. Unfortunately my left tube is also blocked. So now the only chance to get pregnant is thru ivf.

Hi @chimok , sorry to hear that.. hope u coping well. Where did u go for the fallopian tube test? Cos i did once.. it shown both block.. den doc did ask me to do another test.. cos sometimes, it might contract. But i didnt. Until 2years later, i went to kkh check. They say is unblock. DId doc adv u to check again?

Hi gals! Was confirmed pregnant on 8th May. At that point, GP calculated based on my last menses date I shd be ard 7weeks. But today I just went to have my 1st appointment at KKH and my gynae told me I am in 11 weeks already! think gynae also very surprised! I am totally in a state of shock now, guess I could have miscalculated my last menses date! Didn have much symptoms except for the missing of menses! My EDD will be at 2nd Dec! Next will be to go for the Oscar test soon! Everything happen so fast, too overwhelming already!

hi everyone! Finally joined this wonderful forum n glad to know I'm not "suffering" alone. Am 8w5days today n MS is 24/7. Sometimes I try to control n not puke which makes things worse for me. Am extremely hungry every 2 hrs but the sight of any food just turns me off.

Was prescribed baby aspirin n progesterone due to previous ectopic.. Twice. Edd from Xmas changed to 23rd dec! Looking forward to learn more from u ladies. :)

Oh! N I didn't know I was preggy, my little one survived "space cake" from holland ! Lol

I dunno should I inform now, 9week or I should wait till 12week then inform my boss?

I hesitate and want to inform now due to my colleague, he always take thing for granted. We are doing buddy system but he have the intention of drag his work and suddenly tk urgent leave. I have to help him clear his shit and do logistic for him.

I dunno should I inform now, 9week or I should wait till 12week then inform my boss?

I hesitate and want to inform now due to my colleague, he always take thing for granted. We are doing buddy system but he have the intention of drag his work and suddenly tk urgent leave. I have to help him clear his shit and do logistic for him.

Hi @maybb , you might want to inform early. At least your boss will understand the situation if take MC or leave to rest during this period.

@latsyrct , this is wat I thinking. I want to tell becoz I dun wan my colleague to take thing for granted and hope I help him finish. Feeling frustrated...

Later will find chance tell my boss. As my office is open concept.... haha...

Hi

Can someone add me to the FB group too thanks.
My email is [email protected]

Btw any of you did Nifty Test instead of Harmony Test before?
During my last scan gyane said I have a fibroid on the anterior wall of my right side uterus. She says it is not affecting the baby. But am worried this fibroid will grow bigger as the baby grows, anyone had similar problem before?

Back