(2015/12) Dec 2015 Mummies

Congratz to all mummies who had delivered.

Was busy pumping and ease engorged breast. Today got the lactation consultant help me to ease the engorgement. Hard like apple.
Sad my bb ger dun wan latch on me.... :( no choice hv to pump out for her. Only 4 days old and she drank 60ml.
I supplement with formula as my milk dun seem enuff for her right now.

Me too. Now my bb is 10 days old and I expressing every 2 to 3 hours for her as she don't like to latch on already. :(

I tried pumping at day 5 but output from both sides only ard 15 ml. So i juz latch whenever my gal ok. If she not ok den I pump n she drink FM. Will add in any pumped breastmilk also. So far she has not rejected latching or bottles. Cross fingers dat she will b ok wif both. Like my boy...
Me too. Now my bb is 10 days old and I expressing every 2 to 3 hours for her as she don't like to latch on already. :(

My girl is now 3 weeks old and she can sense if I want to force latch and she would struggle. I will feel sorry that she has to latch. And she has no choice. After that I will pump the milk as the flow will be smoother and better.

Hi mummies

Need advice on how to slim down ....I am currently 67 kg after 3 weeks of delivering ...
In term of slimming down, breast feed does not seem to work on me:(

I cannot take any cream or pills for the next 4 months since I am bf- ing ....

Argh...
I feel the same way! But I think it does take sometime to slim down. Give yourself couple of months, most impt is to recover well!

Yesss.. infact when i was in hospital i tried pumping for 2 days and nothing comes out, and it didnt help that hubby ask me everyday 'still no milk??' (Cos i bf my #2 for about 1yr) .. stress to the max but i keep reminding myself that its a very mental thing so i have to stay positive and kept telling myself 'Milk is coming!' ... so 4th day evening after bb's help the colesterum came, followed by milk on 5th day morn. Kept feeding on demand and the rest is history!
Okies! I'm gonna try find time to pump and latch! How do u find time now that it's #3? I feel that the times I'm not feeding are all spent on packing up after the older ones or spending time with them.

Merry Blessed Christmas :) one of the many reasons why December babies are special!

To the mummies who are waiting to deliver, you almost there! Any Christmas babies here?

ImageUploadedByForum1451042046.734956.jpg

My girl is now 3 weeks old and she can sense if I want to force latch and she would struggle. I will feel sorry that she has to latch. And she has no choice. After that I will pump the milk as the flow will be smoother and better.

After u latch still can pump out milk?

I tried pumping at day 5 but output from both sides only ard 15 ml. So i juz latch whenever my gal ok. If she not ok den I pump n she drink FM. Will add in any pumped breastmilk also. So far she has not rejected latching or bottles. Cross fingers dat she will b ok wif both. Like my boy...

The hospital's advise is to let bb drink breast milk first then FM, if not enough. Don't mix. I doubt is good for their stomach.

Ya. We usually gif separately but sometimes amt too little to heat up den we add in tog. I din pump much until dis 2 days when I let my gal drink full FM to clear out her jaundice. Coz she under high risk category due to diff blood group from me. So I freeze e BM first. Hopefully she clears e test coz I dun wan her to get admitted to hospital for phototherapy...
The hospital's advise is to let bb drink breast milk first then FM, if not enough. Don't mix. I doubt is good for their stomach.

My bb is 1 week old and drinking 65ml. The problem is he don't finish his milk... n he finish abt 20 or 30ml... how to mk him finished all of his milk? I am feeding fm n bf currently.

Ya. We usually gif separately but sometimes amt too little to heat up den we add in tog. I din pump much until dis 2 days when I let my gal drink full FM to clear out her jaundice. Coz she under high risk category due to diff blood group from me. So I freeze e BM first. Hopefully she clears e test coz I dun wan her to get admitted to hospital for phototherapy...

Mine also diff blood grp frm mummy. Also don't wish to let him admit if ok.

My gal's reading on day 4 (based on hrs of birth) was 220, where polyclinic doc will recommend admission. We oredi supplemented a little (2 to 3 bottles fm a day) but she still kena. So we let her drink full FM now to lower her jaundice level first, in addition to e sun tanning. Gg to e polyclinic later to chk again. Supposed to bring her to KK for review yest but we decided not to n monitor on our own first. Blood type jaundice only affects if mummy is O n baby is A or B. My hubby is AB n my boy is B n gal is A. Both kena high jaundice. For boy, we rented e phototherapy machine but trying to avoid totally for gal.

U went for e 1 wk checkup oredi? Wad is his reading?
Mine also diff blood grp frm mummy. Also don't wish to let him admit if ok.

After e 30ml, u can burp him first. But if he really dun wanna drink again after dat, I will leave it den throw away e rest of e milk. My helper will make 30ml or 60ml each time. Sometimes my gal finishes all but split into 2 times coz she will fall aslp halfway. Sometimes she only drinks 20ml n no way to let her finish e rest. As long as no of wet n soiled diapers ok, no worries.
My bb is 1 week old and drinking 65ml. The problem is he don't finish his milk... n he finish abt 20 or 30ml... how to mk him finished all of his milk? I am feeding fm n bf currently.

My gal's reading on day 4 (based on hrs of birth) was 220, where polyclinic doc will recommend admission. We oredi supplemented a little (2 to 3 bottles fm a day) but she still kena. So we let her drink full FM now to lower her jaundice level first, in addition to e sun tanning. Gg to e polyclinic later to chk again. Supposed to bring her to KK for review yest but we decided not to n monitor on our own first. Blood type jaundice only affects if mummy is O n baby is A or B. My hubby is AB n my boy is B n gal is A. Both kena high jaundice. For boy, we rented e phototherapy machine but trying to avoid totally for gal.

U went for e 1 wk checkup oredi? Wad is his reading?

We went bk to pd after we discharge 2 days later... on day 3 his jaundice was 7.9 which is consider normal... at day 5 he at 10.2... but pd say dnt admit 1st. Coming Monday seeing his pd again n test. Hope his jaundice drop n dnt admit. Mine blood grp is B n bb blood is A. My 1st 1 is AB also hv jaundice at day 2 hers is at 9.9. We rent the machine hm too.

U can try stopping breastfeeding for 1 day. It works. My gal reading went down to 178 oredi. I juz started breastfeeding again now. Gal still can latch v well. We monitor ourselves from now on. Polyclinic doc wan us to bring my gal to chk again in 4 days but we dun think it's necc for now. Shall c how. :)
We went bk to pd after we discharge 2 days later... on day 3 his jaundice was 7.9 which is consider normal... at day 5 he at 10.2... but pd say dnt admit 1st. Coming Monday seeing his pd again n test. Hope his jaundice drop n dnt admit. Mine blood grp is B n bb blood is A. My 1st 1 is AB also hv jaundice at day 2 hers is at 9.9. We rent the machine hm too.

Mummies i thought breastmilk is better then formula for jaundice babies? My boy is 3 wks and reading went down from 179 to 107 but pd was still concerned tt the janundice is still there and sent for liver test. I have been trying to stick to breastmilk cos tot better then supplement with fm. Let me know which is better thnx!

It depends. Normal cases, breastmilk is better. But for high risk cases where mummy's blood type is diff, esp if mummy is O n baby is A or B, e mummy's antibodies may attack e baby's immune system so jaundice gets aggravated. We din noe dis during my boy's time so he had to undergo phototherapy. We dun wan e same to hap to my gal so gotta let her drink formula milk first to bring down her jaundice. Doc din teach dis. I juz became my own doc after finding out online dat e cause of her jaundice could b coz of my blood type.
Mummies i thought breastmilk is better then formula for jaundice babies? My boy is 3 wks and reading went down from 179 to 107 but pd was still concerned tt the janundice is still there and sent for liver test. I have been trying to stick to breastmilk cos tot better then supplement with fm. Let me know which is better thnx!

It depends. Normal cases, breastmilk is better. But for high risk cases where mummy's blood type is diff, esp if mummy is O n baby is A or B, e mummy's antibodies may attack e baby's immune system so jaundice gets aggravated. We din noe dis during my boy's time so he had to undergo phototherapy. We dun wan e same to hap to my gal so gotta let her drink formula milk first to bring down her jaundice. Doc din teach dis. I juz became my own doc after finding out online dat e cause of her jaundice could b coz of my blood type.

Oh ok ok thnx!

Thanks for sharing, it makes a lot more sense now... My girl also have to check and I was worried but I didn't know what caused it, never ask doctor in my worried state also

Np. We all learn tog. Sunning e baby every morn does help unless e reading is too high. We rented e machine for my boy coz e PD said sunning him wun b able to bring down e jaundice reading fast enuff. So we sun him for almost e whole mth after his phototherapy to make sure e jaundice dun come back. E PD told us to sun my gal before we discharged from hospital so hopefully she wun fall into e high range (she still did, anyway). My gal also go out every morn to sun now. Initially we sun her within e house coz got sun in my living room but my mummy says muz bring outdoors to sun n cover e baby's eyes. So now my helper will bring her out to sun coz we still wanna make sure she dun become more yellow now dat I starting to breastfeed again.
Thanks for sharing, it makes a lot more sense now... My girl also have to check and I was worried but I didn't know what caused it, never ask doctor in my worried state also

Dear mummies, will taking ginger also worsen baby's jaundice?
Wanna check also if anyone is giving your baby with jaundice water?

How to make my bb drink all his milk? He would drink half n fall asleep n won't want to drink anymore... he always sleep n sleep.. he can't even sleep over his feeding time...

Actually if you are breastfeeding then the jaundice is called breastmilk jaundice. Breastmilk jaundice will take longer to bring down the jaundice lvl compared to formula milk. Keep in mind the benchmark that doc uses is based on formula milk. So if fully breastfeeding and usinf formula milk benchmark, most of the time the jaundice level will show high for the first mth.
Also keep in mind that doc use a trending method to monitor the jaundice lvl. It is abovr normal range but readings have been stablize over a few weeks, it is fine and doc wont admit the baby.

Personally went thru all this in the past month. My bb is on breastmilk and we have done at least 7 blood test and recently a liver test. Only till last week doc say has stablize and liver test is ok so he say only go back 2 weeks to check again.

There r diff types of jaundice so depends on which one ur baby falls under. My gal is under blood type jaundice so I gave formula first to b on e safe side. If it's confirmed breastmilk jaundice, usually no admission required. Juz need to monitor e levels.
Actually if you are breastfeeding then the jaundice is called breastmilk jaundice. Breastmilk jaundice will take longer to bring down the jaundice lvl compared to formula milk. Keep in mind the benchmark that doc uses is based on formula milk. So if fully breastfeeding and usinf formula milk benchmark, most of the time the jaundice level will show high for the first mth.
Also keep in mind that doc use a trending method to monitor the jaundice lvl. It is abovr normal range but readings have been stablize over a few weeks, it is fine and doc wont admit the baby.

Personally went thru all this in the past month. My bb is on breastmilk and we have done at least 7 blood test and recently a liver test. Only till last week doc say has stablize and liver test is ok so he say only go back 2 weeks to check again.

Hello mummies!

My baby is 2 weeks old and she no longer latches on me anymore. Introduced her to bottle feeding (fm) when she was 5 days old as my breasts were hard and she bite me twice.

Now that she doesn't latches, I can only do pumping. However, I can only pump around 90ml every 4hrs. Is it normal? Or there is a limit to milk supply since it's only purely based on pumping and no latching?

Hello mummies!

My baby is 2 weeks old and she no longer latches on me anymore. Introduced her to bottle feeding (fm) when she was 5 days old as my breasts were hard and she bite me twice.

Now that she doesn't latches, I can only do pumping. However, I can only pump around 90ml every 4hrs. Is it normal? Or there is a limit to milk supply since it's only purely based on pumping and no latching?

Definitely if baby latches then will generate more supply. I am also pumping everu 4 hrs and generating about 100 to 110ml each time.

If ur supply is sufficient for ur baby, den should b fine. But u may need to take some milk boosters like fenugreek to increase ur supply or pump more / longer timings to generate more supply if baby is not latching. I also pump every 4 hrs but output only ard 50 to 60ml each time. Any extra can keep for future use, esp when ur baby is having growth spurts
Hello mummies!

If ur supply is sufficient for ur baby, den should b fine. But u may need to take some milk boosters like fenugreek to increase ur supply or pump more / longer timings to generate more supply if baby is not latching. I also pump every 4 hrs but output only ard 50 to 60ml each time. Any extra can keep for future use, esp when ur baby is having growth spurts
Sad to say. No extra. Baby is already taking 85ml per feed and I need to supplement with fm.

Nvm lar. I also supplement wif formula. It's possible to fully breastfeed if u really persevere. I only managed to fully breastfeed my boy last time from 3rd mth. Juz haf to keep pumping n eat boosters.i was pumping every 2.5hrs den. Dis time my gal is a smaller drinker so I take it easy first coz we wan her jaundice to clear first. Now she's not so slpy n starting to drink more le. :)
Sad to say. No extra. Baby is already taking 85ml per feed and I need to supplement with fm.

Nvm lar. I also supplement wif formula. It's possible to fully breastfeed if u really persevere. I only managed to fully breastfeed my boy last time from 3rd mth. Juz haf to keep pumping n eat boosters.i was pumping every 2.5hrs den. Dis time my gal is a smaller drinker so I take it easy first coz we wan her jaundice to clear first. Now she's not so slpy n starting to drink more le. :)
How old is your baby now? Oh, fully bf from 3rd mth onwards. I hope I can persevere till there even without latching. I have read that most successful bf is with latching. With pumping alone, it's like not very possible....

Hello mummies!

Breast hard due to engorge? If that the case, try pumping a bit before latching? That what the Sgh lactation consultant taught me when she realised my right breast was rejected by my prince... pumping a bit may make yr breast a little softer and more acceptable for our little one...

Hi mummies, how do you all wash the bottles and pumping kits.
I have a vent sanitizer but I m thinking of washing with soap cos it seem to have a oily surface after pumping

Breast hard due to engorge? If that the case, try pumping a bit before latching? That what the Sgh lactation consultant taught me when she realised my right breast was rejected by my prince... pumping a bit may make yr breast a little softer and more acceptable for our little one...
Ya it's engorged. I tried with the help of lactation consultant also but very difficult. They mentioned that it's due to nipple confusion as we introduced her to bottle. Haiz...

8 days now. Can lar. If coupled wif latching, milk supply comes in faster so if u can, try to let ur baby latch on n off. They may b ok after a few tries. Dun gif up!
How old is your baby now? Oh, fully bf from 3rd mth onwards. I hope I can persevere till there even without latching. I have read that most successful bf is with latching. With pumping alone, it's like not very possible....

Is your baby latching? How old is your bb?
Baby is 1 mth 2 days. Initially i only latch until he 3 weeks old. Last week intro bottle and now he doesnt latch that well. Always unlatch himself after a min or 2.. not sure if it is nipple confusion. Maybe i would have to do exclusive pumping if that continues.

Hi mummies, how do you all wash the bottles and pumping kits.
I have a vent sanitizer but I m thinking of washing with soap cos it seem to have a oily surface after pumping
I have a UV sterilizer which is quite helpful as i can sterilize n dry in 30mins for 10bottles at one go. I wash bottle with an organic baby accessories soap and air dry a bit then put in sterilizer.

Sorry mummies... just feel like ranting off this early morning... so pls pardon me...

My prince is admitted to KKH for vomitting and lao sai... now doctor suspect could be viral infection, gastric flu or overfeeding... he was fed 90ml... i went home and told my MIL what the doc says... guess what? She push the blame of overfeeding to me!!!! If mummies here were to recall... i was ranting about how she overfed my prince that wee morning... that started his 90ml and i got so upset!!!! She was suggesting to top up to 120ml for him last week and now she also say is I say one... like seriously??? Then now say what... sometimes baby cries not because hungry... ya... when he cry you dont say? At least i did sometime and not just apply ru yi oil for him which is not helping! Ok i might be wrong on this but everytime he cry she put... machiam ru yi oil foc... really cannot imagine what will happen if i go back work... starting to get piss liao...

On a sidenote... my poor primce jaundice is going up... T.T and yes this one also can blame me... i was not agreeing to tan him cos he is having the suspected heat rash... and it is getting worse for him... so... ya... everything my fault lor... good thing no recognition... bad thing all my fault...

When baby cries... mummy want go hug.. she went first... take time before mummy can hug... like seeiously? Mummy in the room with baby alone... she has to check on us every few minutes like dont trust mummy to take care of baby like that... i am having doubts who is the mother now...

Confinement meant to be an comfortable one but i just felt mine is like... so pain so stress!!! Haiz...

Ok... end of rant for now... thxs mummies for reading this long post...

Sorry mummies... just feel like ranting off this early morning... so pls pardon me...

My prince is admitted to KKH for vomitting and lao sai... now doctor suspect could be viral infection, gastric flu or overfeeding... he was fed 90ml... i went home and told my MIL what the doc says... guess what? She push the blame of overfeeding to me!!!! If mummies here were to recall... i was ranting about how she overfed my prince that wee morning... that started his 90ml and i got so upset!!!! She was suggesting to top up to 120ml for him last week and now she also say is I say one... like seriously??? Then now say what... sometimes baby cries not because hungry... ya... when he cry you dont say? At least i did sometime and not just apply ru yi oil for him which is not helping! Ok i might be wrong on this but everytime he cry she put... machiam ru yi oil foc... really cannot imagine what will happen if i go back work... starting to get piss liao...

On a sidenote... my poor primce jaundice is going up... T.T and yes this one also can blame me... i was not agreeing to tan him cos he is having the suspected heat rash... and it is getting worse for him... so... ya... everything my fault lor... good thing no recognition... bad thing all my fault...

When baby cries... mummy want go hug.. she went first... take time before mummy can hug... like seeiously? Mummy in the room with baby alone... she has to check on us every few minutes like dont trust mummy to take care of baby like that... i am having doubts who is the mother now...

Confinement meant to be an comfortable one but i just felt mine is like... so pain so stress!!! Haiz...

Ok... end of rant for now... thxs mummies for reading this long post...

I'm no better. Can't do confinement cos bb was confiscated by kk 1st day for vomit 2nd and 3rd for jaundice at nursery. 4th n 5th transfer to scn. I go kk everyday after I discharge jus to try to bf her. Now doc advise no confinement food for me till bb jaundice go down.. Last nite bb vomit a lot. I haven't get the skill to burp her properly. Tomo hope her jaundice level can go down. She poo 3 times yesterday. The 3rd time was many hrs later. My mil want me to stay with her I reject..

I'm no better. Can't do confinement cos bb was confiscated by kk 1st day for vomit 2nd and 3rd for jaundice at nursery. 4th n 5th transfer to scn. I go kk everyday after I discharge jus to try to bf her. Now doc advise no confinement food for me till bb jaundice go down.. Last nite bb vomit a lot. I haven't get the skill to burp her properly. Tomo hope her jaundice level can go down. She poo 3 times yesterday. The 3rd time was many hrs later. My mil want me to stay with her I reject..

Hug hug... let be strong and jia you ba!

But i really dunno how to go on sometimes...

Is your baby latching? How old is your bb?

Hi, sorry for late reply. My bb is coming to 1 month now. I pump most of the time and will latch my girl when I feel engroge. But it is difficult to get her to latch now. She is used to bottle feeding. I have to force her to latch and i always have to fight /force her.

Mothers r strong. Dat is y we r e ones who can gif birth. I always tell my hubby if he was e pregnant one, he'd prob haf ore n postnatal blues. Juz think of ur baby when u're down n everything will b fine. If ur baby is sick not due to e overfeeding, den no need to worry. Generally babies will stop feeding once they r full. Docs nv had issues wif my boy who has nv been within e range. He's big, no longer fat after he started walking n running but strong, healthy n happy.
Hug hug... let be strong and jia you ba!

But i really dunno how to go on sometimes...

Back