(2015/10) Oct 2015 Mummies

Hi mummies, im expecting my no 2 and currently 8 weeks plus pregnant, so my baby's due late oct, just like the rest of you!

However, i've been experiencing brownish / sometimes reddish discharge since week 6. Gynae has put me on duphaston pills 3x a day and ive had a few hormone jabs, but the spotting doesn't seem to be completely going away. Ive been giving medical leave and am on bed rest too, though i do take short walks around the home or places my hubby brings me to (if not ill get very bored).

Baby is doing ok though, just saw him / her yesterday and heartbeat was ok. Placenta was ok too, according to my gynae. No obvious cervical polyps or bleeding spots too. Am really so puzzled by the spotting. Anyone experienced this before?

I think I must resume back to eating oatmeal every morning. When I eat it, I have no constipation. Past 2 days didn't eat it and this morning have a bit of constipation. Before I am pregnant , even if I don't eat oatmeal regularly , I have no problem with removing bowels. But now it seems if I don't load on fibre from natural food, I'll get it. Is constipation common when preggy?

Yes very common! For me I eat prunes and it helps!

Hi mummies, im expecting my no 2 and currently 8 weeks plus pregnant, so my baby's due late oct, just like the rest of you!

However, i've been experiencing brownish / sometimes reddish discharge since week 6. Gynae has put me on duphaston pills 3x a day and ive had a few hormone jabs, but the spotting doesn't seem to be completely going away. Ive been giving medical leave and am on bed rest too, though i do take short walks around the home or places my hubby brings me to (if not ill get very bored).

Baby is doing ok though, just saw him / her yesterday and heartbeat was ok. Placenta was ok too, according to my gynae. No obvious cervical polyps or bleeding spots too. Am really so puzzled by the spotting. Anyone experienced this before?

Hi Mummygoldfish,

I have the same problem as you.. On and off spotting starting from week 5. On my first gynae visit at week 6, gynae gave me 2 days mc and on duphaston pill x3 per day as well.. But I still had spotting 2 days later and I went to my gynae ahead of my appointment date and was given a jab and 2 more days of mc.. As of now, my spotting has stopped.. Hopefully it stays like this. I read it very common. So try not to walk so much and carry heavy items.

Thanks :) will eat more fibre rich food. Good thing I can still take yoghurt. Will take it too:) nowadays I have weird taste bud. Can't finish a proper meal too. But loves green apples and green kiwis :)

Hi Mummygoldfish,

I have the same problem as you.. On and off spotting starting from week 5. On my first gynae visit at week 6, gynae gave me 2 days mc and on duphaston pill x3 per day as well.. But I still had spotting 2 days later and I went to my gynae ahead of my appointment date and was given a jab and 2 more days of mc.. As of now, my spotting has stopped.. Hopefully it stays like this. I read it very common. So try not to walk so much and carry heavy items.

Thanks Keelaine. :)

I think your gyne will know your condition the best:) speak to your gyne during your next visit and meanwhile monitor your spotting pattern so u can update gyne and then see wat gyne says for your case. And decide wat is best for u:) my gyne also told me for my case, the polyps is quite big , it will continue to bleed. So for my case she suggest to get it remove as it is painless and won't hurt the baby. So u jus consult your gyne for wat is best for your case :) take care :)
Thanks for ur advice =) will speak to Gynae again.
I have very bad constipation too during pregnancy, yakult etc didn't help. Gynae give me bullet to insert let it out easily.

I.am.so.constipated.
I cant even remember when was the last time I went to "release".. :oops:
Need to get prune juice later....

Hi all,
Anyone hear of pregnancy hives? I'm suffering from this now.. Seeing my gynae yesterday took jab and medi.. It seems getting better but however this morning I got new bumps again at differ areas.. Very itchy to the max as Im having very bad hives.. Any advise?
How many weeks are u into now. I do get itchiness all over my body Bt so far still ok, no bumps. I try to splash on aloe Vera gel. It does soothe my skin.

I think I must resume back to eating oatmeal every morning. When I eat it, I have no constipation. Past 2 days didn't eat it and this morning have a bit of constipation. Before I am pregnant , even if I don't eat oatmeal regularly , I have no problem with removing bowels. But now it seems if I don't load on fibre from natural food, I'll get it. Is constipation common when preggy?
Yes. I oso eat cereal every morn. It does helps. I used to hv loose stools are goes toilet 2-3 times a day kind before preg. Now my stools are hard though I still goes toilet 1-2 times a day. Just ned to stay inside longer lor. Bt sometimes I stil get loose stools or blood (rare). It's common to be constipated. Eat more fibre and drink more water.

anyone going for oscar scan? i read many negative feedback on the inaccuracy result of the scan.
wondering if i should go ahead. My oscar scan has been scheduled for 15 Apr.

h my god, Dr Benjamin tham has rejected to accept my case

I have been to 2 ultrasound with different clinic, both has told me that i have 7 fibriods(largest is 6 cm), and these might complicate my pregnancy
Currently im 10 weeks pregnant, I have read through all comments about Dr Benjamin, I have decided to mae an appointment however to my disappointment, Dr Benjamin is not willing to handle my case

haiz
Im now driven to desperation to find a gd gynae to advise me on my fibroids and how to make it smooth till my due date, is it so difficult to find a gynae to assist me?

How many weeks are u into now. I do get itchiness all over my body Bt so far still ok, no bumps. I try to splash on aloe Vera gel. It does soothe my skin.
Hi,
I currently 7weeks plus.. Feeling so upset as I having very bad hives or somehow allergic.. I went to see my gynae and was given jab and medi.. But last nite broke out new batch of hives.. Very bad kinda.. Itchy die me~ emo~

I have been to 2 ultrasound with different clinic, both has told me that i have 7 fibriods(largest is 6 cm), and these might complicate my pregnancy
Currently im 10 weeks pregnant, I have read through all comments about Dr Benjamin, I have decided to mae an appointment however to my disappointment, Dr Benjamin is not willing to handle my case

haiz
Im now driven to desperation to find a gd gynae to advise me on my fibroids and how to make it smooth till my due date, is it so difficult to find a gynae to assist me?
how about the gynaes you saw earlier on? Are they willing to see you through your pregnancy? Well, if it will help....I see Dr Chua Yang at Mt A hospital and am very comfortable with her. Maybe u can try her and see: http://www.aclinicforwomen.com.sg.

Hi,
I currently 7weeks plus.. Feeling so upset as I having very bad hives or somehow allergic.. I went to see my gynae and was given jab and medi.. But last nite broke out new batch of hives.. Very bad kinda.. Itchy die me~ emo~

Hi vymon, I got it as well when I was ard week 6-7. I went to KKH for injection to stop itchiness and swelling. It went away after a week. I suspect it's caused by peanuts that I took. Dr claimed that it is nothing to do with pregnancy and it's caused by virus attack.

haiz
Hihi which Gynae have u seen previously?

Hmm, went to a GP because I needed help to jab. She noticed redness around the sites of previous injections and asked if I had eczema. I do have a minor case. She told me that during pregnancy, our previous allergies might become worse. Haven't checked with gynae, but I guess the GP can't be too far off. I also noticed my nose get stuffed up more often. No reason at all....

Hi vymon, I got it as well when I was ard week 6-7. I went to KKH for injection to stop itchiness and swelling. It went away after a week. I suspect it's caused by peanuts that I took. Dr claimed that it is nothing to do with pregnancy and it's caused by virus attack.
chloebbkia: thanks for sharing.. I hope it goes off soon.. I have to watch out on my intake..

anyone going for oscar scan? i read many negative feedback on the inaccuracy result of the scan.
wondering if i should go ahead. My oscar scan has been scheduled for 15 Apr.

Hi sweetjo, I'm skipping the OSCAR and heading straight for the Harmony. I'm 32 this year and don't want to put unnecessary stress on myself should the OSCAR turn out bad and end up still need to do harmony or Amnio and pay additional.

haiz

Dr chan kong hon from gleneagles. he's really good and experience.. may wan to give him a try. hope all will be okay for u.

Hi,

I also have hives past 2 days. But scare to see gp. really worried if the medication is okay for pregnancy. hope all is well with u now!

haiz
Maybe u can try Dr Irene Chua..
She should be able to advise u.. or maybe u want to consider kkh?

Were you given calamine lotion to apply? I was prescribed w anti-itchiness pills which will caused drowsiness.
Yes, but calamine lotion doesn't seem works for me.. I was given flu medi... Haiz.. My eyes swell and new batch still develop.. Super upset..

Hi MTBs, is having facial treatment advisable during first trimester? I'm 8W6D. Also, any recommendations for milk powder for preg mummy?? Thanks! :D

ImageUploadedByForum1426647983.768188.jpg
ImageUploadedByForum1426647999.625150.jpg

My hives. Don't go GP. Please go hospital for injection if your condition get worse. I went to KKH for injection and feels better after 3 days of medicine to stop swelling and itchiness. And also keep on applying calamine lotion.

Hi MTBs, is having facial treatment advisable during first trimester? I'm 8W6D. Also, any recommendations for milk powder for preg mummy?? Thanks! :D
I still go for facial, just that you have to tell your consultant about your pregnancy so that she'll not use those machines on you...

Hello all, just had my first scan. 8 weeks. Am carrying twins! Anyway anyone having pain in the butt? I started having really bad pain in my left butt few days ago whenever I get up, sit down, squeeze or bend. One day it was so bad I can't tie on own shoe laces. My gynae said there is nth she could do. I can only take panadol when it gets too painful. Any home remedies?

Hello all, just had my first scan. 8 weeks. Am carrying twins! Anyway anyone having pain in the butt? I started having really bad pain in my left butt few days ago whenever I get up, sit down, squeeze or bend. One day it was so bad I can't tie on own shoe laces. My gynae said there is nth she could do. I can only take panadol when it gets too painful. Any home remedies?

Congrats!!! I would love to have a twin. I was quite disappointed that I didn't get one this time. Lol.

My left butt hurts on and off too. Like rheumatism pain. Is at the most fleshy part of the butt. Is Urs the same? I didn't anything to it. I also don't know what I can do.

So exciting twins!!! ;) I had that pain during no2.. It went away after awhile ;( I did nothing too ;( but I couldn't fit into my pants after that hahah

Any mommies here go straight to Harmony test ? Gyne said I can consider to do Oscar or harmony test .. Harmony test can be done earliest at 10 weeks. (I'm now 8 weeks). Given my age (37), I'm
Thinking should I jus go straight to harmony test cos scared of false alarm from Oscar .. For my #1, i did only the Oscar. May I was still young then (28)

Congrats! I had a pain somewhere on my left near to butt area. More lik a pulling strain feel. Is when I had a certain movements then will hv the pain. Hasn't consult gynea abt it yet.

Ytd just got severe headaches. No idea y. Even up til today the pain still doesn't go away. I'm only going 11 wks and already like everywhere pain. =(

Thank you ladies. It's exciting for me to have a twin too but worried abt the cost.

Yes Ovia, the pain is at the flesh part. Read that it is due to the hormone relaxin. Guess we can only tahan the pain and pray for it to go away.

Jerlicious, yes same for me. I'm fine walking but esp painful when I gets up from a sitting position.

Congrats!! Did u conceive naturally??
If u dont mind me asking

haiz

Maybe can try Ann Tan from Paragon, generally she has a lot of experience but no guarantee she would take the case.

Thank you ladies. It's exciting for me to have a twin too but worried abt the cost.

Yes Ovia, the pain is at the flesh part. Read that it is due to the hormone relaxin. Guess we can only tahan the pain and pray for it to go away.

Jerlicious, yes same for me. I'm fine walking but esp painful when I gets up from a sitting position.

I'm having twins too!!!! But so worried cos dr says will be born earlier :S so might be due sept instead. What about yourself?

Back