(2015/10) Oct 2015 Mummies

I am at 8W4D. Now MS picking up and hair is also dropping like mad. So scary even though I know it is temporary. Can't bear to sweep floor every day...

I'm having small whitehead pimples on my forehead. During my first pregnancy, it was more visible around this time and my hubby thought it's gonna be a boy and it was! :p

i think depends on individuals. my hair seems to be getting thicker.

Ya, depends on individual... U are one of those lucky ones who has nice hair during pregnancy ba... I dunno if mine is thinning, just that it is quite scary looking at the floor... Haha.

Hi MTBS. I had my checkup this evening n officially an Oct mtb.
Can someone add me in?
Details:
TMC DR WONG MUN TAT
EDD 31 OCT
3RD PREGNANCY

Bb is abt 6 weeks 5 days today. Ms is sickening as usual. Mentioned to my gyne yet he was pretty happy abt that. He said the worse the ms the better for the bb... haiz...

Hi please PM me your email address and I can add you. My MS started around 6w but seems to be tailing off (hopefully). I am 8w now :)

Last few nites, i wake up the the middle of the nite shivering. Already under my quilt but just suddenly feel so cold. But before sleeping, i am fine. any of u experience this too?

Hi Angie,
My gynae advises not to drink coke or Pepsi unless really no choice n limit me to one cup per day. Maybe u can try drinking other carbonated drinks besides coke n Pepsi?
yaya... feeling very sinful :( Been tryin out other carbonated drinks as well jus to avoid coke :)

Hi MTBS. I had my checkup this evening n officially an Oct mtb.
Can someone add me in?
Details:
TMC DR WONG MUN TAT
EDD 31 OCT
3RD PREGNANCY

Bb is abt 6 weeks 5 days today. Ms is sickening as usual. Mentioned to my gyne yet he was pretty happy abt that. He said the worse the ms the better for the bb... haiz...
Congrats! :)
Why is your gynae happy about the ms? Did he explain to you why is it so? :)

yaya... feeling very sinful :( Been tryin out other carbonated drinks as well jus to avoid coke :)

I drank carbonated drinks on n off too but I try not to drink it cold. It helps a lot as it will make me burp. I crave a lot for sweet drinks so in the end, i drink fruit juice like honeydew or Apple carrot juice.

I drank carbonated drinks on n off too but I try not to drink it cold. It helps a lot as it will make me burp. I crave a lot for sweet drinks so in the end, i drink fruit juice like honeydew or Apple carrot juice.

better dun drink too sweet.....think 2nd trimester will start to test for gestational diabetes....

Congrats! :)
Why is your gynae happy about the ms? Did he explain to you why is it so? :)
eh actually not all mummies will hv MS...some dun hv MS, some MS only till 1st trimester..i hv 2 friends who MS from start till delivery...instead of putting on weight, she lost 10kg instead....

I guess it boils down to the hormones inside our bodies.....

eh actually not all mummies will hv MS...some dun hv MS, some MS only till 1st trimester..i hv 2 friends who MS from start till delivery...instead of putting on weight, she lost 10kg instead....

I guess it boils down to the hormones inside our bodies.....
But isnt it beta not to have ms so that you can eat as per normal :)

ya no ms is good...for me, I hv no MS..but no appetite to eat also.....so also dunno how to eat....

last time, when I told my colleagues about me not having MS, one of them told me liddat means your pregnancy no good..CHOY! so worried, talked to gynae..gynae says u want MS for what??? he says it is normal for some mummies who dun hv MS...another colleague also says she dun hv MS when she was carrying her triplets also....

I read that we get MS because pregnancy hormones, such as progesterone, slow down the rate of indigestion, so that more food can reach the baby. This often leads to indigestion, which is why we might throw up, as food is not digested as easily or quickly. So in a way, if we have MS, it means that there is a lot of pregnancy hormones in our bodies.

Of course better not to have severe MS, which can lead to severe dehydration. I wish mine will end soon :/

Last nite onwards I started getting light brown vaginal discharge when I wipe after pee. What does this mean ? My ob is out of station now and I worried what to do

Last nite onwards I started getting light brown vaginal discharge when I wipe after pee. What does this mean ? My ob is out of station now and I worried what to do
U went to emergency and did an ultrasound last night right? How did the ultrasound results came about?

U went to emergency and did an ultrasound last night right? How did the ultrasound results came about?
Yes . Went t kkh yesterday night . Could see my bb heart beat . Gyne suggested complete bed rest but worried about this vaginal discharge now

Yes . Went t kkh yesterday night . Could see my bb heart beat . Gyne suggested complete bed rest but worried about this vaginal discharge now
are u able to call your gynae? I would suggest doing that cos i don't think we are in a position to really advise you on this. professional advice is best and best to be on the safe side and contact gynae.

I can't stop myself from eating potato chips! Just to get rid of the weird taste in my mouth. But I have to limit myself to 5 pcs of Pringles per day. I like peanuts too, but I read that it's not so good for pregnancy. I recently discovered green peas snacks! Its healthier! :D

Last edited:
Dear Mummies to be,

I have been burping for the entire night until now.. Thought after burping for so long, the gas should have been all passed out. But until now, it is still happening. It's really making me really uncomfortable. Any remedies to help?

Hi Keelaine,
I have the same problem too ... Been burping every few secs for the past 3 days. Lost appetite and feel very bloated even though I hardly eat. I tried Coke, but it didn't help much with the burping.
Today I had chicken porridge with ginger slices in it. My burping reduced a lot and felt so much better. I think it's the ginger that is helping. You might want to try that.

ya no ms is good...for me, I hv no MS..but no appetite to eat also.....so also dunno how to eat....

last time, when I told my colleagues about me not having MS, one of them told me liddat means your pregnancy no good..CHOY! so worried, talked to gynae..gynae says u want MS for what??? he says it is normal for some mummies who dun hv MS...another colleague also says she dun hv MS when she was carrying her triplets also....
Is this ur 1st pregnancy? Cuz my 1st n 2nd one ok bt tis current one is reali bad :(
I duno izzit bcuz age is catching up n tolerance lvl is different haha

I read that we get MS because pregnancy hormones, such as progesterone, slow down the rate of indigestion, so that more food can reach the baby. This often leads to indigestion, which is why we might throw up, as food is not digested as easily or quickly. So in a way, if we have MS, it means that there is a lot of pregnancy hormones in our bodies.

Of course better not to have severe MS, which can lead to severe dehydration. I wish mine will end soon :/
Thanks for the info :)
i hope mine end soon too. Jiayou!

I can't stop myself from eating potato chips! Just to get rid of the weird taste in my mouth. But I have to limit myself to 5 pcs of Pringles per day. I like peanuts too, but I read that it's not so good for pregnancy. I recently discovered green peas snacks! :D
hehe... im feeding myself with potato chip as well. But do you wana limit urself to just 5 pcs?
I haf weird taste n it taste/smell like blood :eek:

better dun drink too sweet.....think 2nd trimester will start to test for gestational diabetes....

Yes they will make u drink a super sweet syrup.

I had GD for my #1, the food controlling part was tough! Have to self test blood sugar for a week and do food recording for my gynae and email him for checking. Every time after meal must go for a walk to "burn" off the sugar.

It went off after birth.

Hi Keelaine,
I have the same problem too ... Been burping every few secs for the past 3 days. Lost appetite and feel very bloated even though I hardly eat. I tried Coke, but it didn't help much with the burping.
Today I had chicken porridge with ginger slices in it. My burping reduced a lot and felt so much better. I think it's the ginger that is helping. You might want to try that.
Hi Lavitaz,

Thankfully my burping has stopped and my stomach also don't feel bloated.. I wanted to boil ginger at home and drink but one of my older colleague said cannot drink too much, will cause jaundice.. Not sure if this is true..

I'm currently 10 weeks 5 days and get morning sickness in the mid afternoon onwards. Currently still have it and though now I shouldn't look like I'm preggie however I do because my stomach is constantly very bloated.
Just went to my Gynae at mount alvernia. Saw my baby moving his/her limbs for the first time. I've been getting breakouts on my face as well lately. Been using my clarisonic religiously but seems to keep popping out these pimples. Any good cleanser that's safe for pregnancy that any of you can recommend?

I'm exactly 10 wks today. Oso getting a lot of breakouts. As usual still sleeping, eating and drinking a lot.

Lately I feels more nauseous then usual (I don't vomit). I hope this is a good sigh that bb is growing. Cross fingers that I wun spot or bled after my ustrogstan stopped for 2 days already. Till then next visit will be on the 24 march. Still have about 1.5 wks more to go. By then I'm 11w3d. Will enquire my gynea about the oscar test.

I'm into my 11 weeks... nauseous doesn't seem to be subsiding but skin has become very dry, especially my forehead area... any recommendation for facial moisturiser for very dry skin? Will be having Oscar in end March. .. hope everything's fine as last scan was end Feb. ..

I'm reaching 8 weeks soon.. Ytd dinner I was surprise that I can eat so much.. I had chicken soup, a piece of chicken. My MIL made ngoh hiang and I ate 2 rolls of it and other dishes. I haven't been feeling nausea since ytd dinner until now. Don't know whether I'm worrying too much.

I'm reaching 8 weeks soon.. Ytd dinner I was surprise that I can eat so much.. I had chicken soup, a piece of chicken. My MIL made ngoh hiang and I ate 2 rolls of it and other dishes. I haven't been feeling nausea since ytd dinner until now. Don't know whether I'm worrying too much.

Don't worry too much. Some days MS goes away, just try and eat whatever you can then.

I realized every time I have a Proluton jab, my nausea becomes worse. There are days when it is really good, I don't really have nausea. Only consolation is I am still keeping my food down, just that I do not have any interest in food. I'm just eating to prevent hunger.

I'm exactly 10 wks today. Oso getting a lot of breakouts. As usual still sleeping, eating and drinking a lot.

Lately I feels more nauseous then usual (I don't vomit). I hope this is a good sigh that bb is growing. Cross fingers that I wun spot or bled after my ustrogstan stopped for 2 days already. Till then next visit will be on the 24 march. Still have about 1.5 wks more to go. By then I'm 11w3d. Will enquire my gynea about the oscar test.
What's Oscar test ? My gynea dint mention about this .

Hi ladies..When are your second appointments scheduled? I had my first appointment at wk 8 and gynae made booking for harmony test in about one month after my first appointment but no second appointment date was given to me. Not sure if I'm expected to see gynae only after harmony results come out, which by then I might be week 14-15 already...

Hi ladies..When are your second appointments scheduled? I had my first appointment at wk 8 and gynae made booking for harmony test in about one month after my first appointment but no second appointment date was given to me. Not sure if I'm expected to see gynae only after harmony results come out, which by then I might be week 14-15 already...

I went to see gynae when I was 4 weeks. 2nd appointment at 6 weeks and 3rd at 8 weeks. I must be those kiasu type... Will be seeing him again at 11 weeks for harmony test. :)

I went to see gynae when I was 4 weeks. 2nd appointment at 6 weeks and 3rd at 8 weeks. I must be those kiasu type... Will be seeing him again at 11 weeks for harmony test. :)

Thanks littlebiscuit.. My gynae clinic assistant only asked me to go collect the box and pay few days before the test (that's at week 12) then go down to TMC directly for the test.. So i assume I'm not given a slot to see the gynae before that..

hello mtb,

May I ask if ur gynae gives u options to choose between Oscar test n harmony test? Mine asked me to consider Oscar test during my 1st appt at wk7, then ask I wanted to go for harmony test during my 2nd appt though she booked Oscar test for me. Now, I really don't know which test to go bcoz of my age.....

hello mtb,

May I ask if ur gynae gives u options to choose between Oscar test n harmony test? Mine asked me to consider Oscar test during my 1st appt at wk7, then ask I wanted to go for harmony test during my 2nd appt though she booked Oscar test for me. Now, I really don't know which test to go bcoz of my age.....

If you are below 30, you should get a 90% accuracy with Oscar and NT combined. Oscar alone only has 80% accuracy.

For harmony, it has between 95% to 99% accuracy. Also better if you are older or if you are carrying multiples. But bear in mind harmony test is almost 3x more expensive than Oscar. About $1.3-1.5k depending.

If no matter what you are going to carry the child, then it doesn't matter which test I guess.

My gynae gave me a choice but told me for my case maybe harmony is better since I am above 35 and am having twins.

Back