(2015/10) Oct 2015 Mummies

Hi hopefulyuki,

Woah congrats on having twins.
I wish to Hv twins too so that I can close shop after that :))) coz of my age.
I am ard 40 but my gynae didn't mention abt if I shld take Oscar or harmony. Juz passed me the brochures n asked me to decide before The Oscar appt. though I tot it's better to take harmony but I read that harmony doesn't come with the nt scan.

Hi ladies..When are your second appointments scheduled? I had my first appointment at wk 8 and gynae made booking for harmony test in about one month after my first appointment but no second appointment date was given to me. Not sure if I'm expected to see gynae only after harmony results come out, which by then I might be week 14-15 already...
i think very much depends on your gynae's policy. but i think usually gynaes don't schedule that far apart. I think u shd call up the clinic to clarify when your next gynae's appt is.

Usually after week 16, it's once a month n then in the final few weeks, it's once a week. For before week 16, my gynae sees every 3 weeks which is week 7, week 10, week 13 and then week 16. My friend's gynae saw her every 2 weeks till week 16. Another friend's gynae saw her every 4 weeks till week 16, unless got complications. so u really need to check with ur gynae.

hello mtb,

May I ask if ur gynae gives u options to choose between Oscar test n harmony test? Mine asked me to consider Oscar test during my 1st appt at wk7, then ask I wanted to go for harmony test during my 2nd appt though she booked Oscar test for me. Now, I really don't know which test to go bcoz of my age.....
my gynae explained both tests n basically left it up to us to decide. if the results don't matter to the couple (i.e. will not opt for abortion), then she said no pt doing at all. My husband has left it up to me to decide. Definitely for my husband n i, we will not be opting for abortion cos every child is a gift from God. So we might not be doing it at all. The only tempting side is that for the harmony test, u get to find out the gender of the baby early. :)

Hi ladies..When are your second appointments scheduled? I had my first appointment at wk 8 and gynae made booking for harmony test in about one month after my first appointment but no second appointment date was given to me. Not sure if I'm expected to see gynae only after harmony results come out, which by then I might be week 14-15 already...
I went when im 8 week the next is after my Oscar test so the 2nd appointment will be when im at 13th week. 5 weeks apart :X i thought harmony test can do earlier?

Thanks franch and pinnpinn for your sharing..i think I will request to see the gynae just before I pay for the Harmony test... Pinnpinn for the Harmony test I'm not sure is it due to schedule (need to queue) they put me so far behind..

To all mtb,

Any suggestion and home remedies for head aches in 1st trimester ? I was told to use paracil paracetamol by my gynea but head ache does not go off .

May I check any mummies here, earlier on has brownish/pink stains with real slight cramps?

How long did it last?

And what did your doc say?

Am having these stains but can only be back in sg by tues, so am considering if I should do an a and e here; my doc friend told me no need, but just need some experience here.

May I check any mummies here, earlier on has brownish/pink stains with real slight cramps?

How long did it last?

Am having these stains but can only be back in sg by tues, so am considering if I should do an a and e here; my doc friend told me no need, but just need some experience here.
According to my gynea, Brown discharge in terms of light spotting like is ok as long as it is not heavy .if the discharge is heavy and thick it is better to rush emergency to do ultrasound . My gynea said that brown discharge is the old blood collected in and around uterus area .she suggested to have complete Bed rest and less work . I was given utrogeston to be taken for a week . light cramp is due to expanding to uterus to give space to baby .

Ive been experiencing cramping too especially these few days, at night. I will also wake up in the middle of the night because of the cramps. Luckily im still able to fall asleep within 5 to 10mins but its still making me really tired having to wake up a couple of times at night

How long did it last?

Mine lasted from Week 5-9, I was asked to be on bed rest with minimal walking. Even now at week10, I still have slight yellow brown discharge but my gyane say it should be fine as long as not too brown or pink but I still have to minimize walking, standing and rest as much as possible. Do no carry heavy things too. He ask me to live like a queen. :p

Mine lasted from Week 5-9, I was asked to be on bed rest with minimal walking. Even now at week10, I still have slight yellow brown discharge but my gyane say it should be fine as long as not too brown or pink but I still have to minimize walking, standing and rest as much as possible. Do no carry heavy things too. He ask me to live like a queen. :p

Hi all, I am new to this thread.
I have the same issue.. staining, bedrest, weekly injections and feeling very sick all the time. I am into my 10th week.

How do you ladies cope with this in terms of work? I didn't get an MC or hospital leave. Do u just work from home?

Hi ladies, anyone knows if it's safe to keep rubbing medicated oil on yourself? I keep getting morning sickness and I would rub chinese medicated oil on myself but is now wondering if it is harmful for the baby. I'm in my first trimister

Hi all, I am new to this thread.
I have the same issue.. staining, bedrest, weekly injections and feeling very sick all the time. I am into my 10th week.

How do you ladies cope with this in terms of work? I didn't get an MC or hospital leave. Do u just work from home?

Hang on! Totally understand what you are going through, everyday is like a small step forward for us....spotting, no spotting...sigh...
I told my boss about my situation, she has been understanding. My team has been very nice too.
I was given almost 1 month of HL cos of spotting but I work from home half the time.

Hi Lavitaz,

Thankfully my burping has stopped and my stomach also don't feel bloated.. I wanted to boil ginger at home and drink but one of my older colleague said cannot drink too much, will cause jaundice.. Not sure if this is true..

So lucky!
I am still burping no stop and ginger no longer works for me. Last night I burp till I can't sleep.
=(
The only time I am not burping is when I eat. But my food aversion is quite bad. Can't wait for first trimester to be over soon.

Hi all, just back from Gynae, am week 8 now. Gynae found that I have polyps and suggest I remove it. However, I'm afraid it would harm the baby. Am in a dilemma.
Anyone heard of polyps?

Hi all, just back from Gynae, am week 8 now. Gynae found that I have polyps and suggest I remove it. However, I'm afraid it would harm the baby. Am in a dilemma.
Anyone heard of polyps?

Where is ur polyps?
Cant u do the surgery after delivery?
I had a polyps removed from my colon before.

Hi ladies, anyone knows if it's safe to keep rubbing medicated oil on yourself? I keep getting morning sickness and I would rub chinese medicated oil on myself but is now wondering if it is harmful for the baby. I'm in my first trimister
My gynea say its ok. I will rub medicated oil on my tummy cos of bloatedness. Gynea say its no issue wont affect bb

Hi, I'm new here.. Currently around 7 weeks .. Didn't dare to join October mommies forum yet cos of my past 2 early miscarriages and so still having phobia .. But at 6 weeks 2 days , I saw beanie with heartbeat .. So my heart feel more at ease but will wait for 1-2 more appointments first and see how things goes:) this is my #2.

Noobmum, I went to see gyne at 6 weeks 2 days (appointment supposed to be on last fri when I was around 7 weeks) cos I started to see pink staining when I wipe. B4 that, no spotting or bleeding. So I panic cos of my history of miscarriages .. Almost cried cos I thought it was not meant to be again. The gyne examined me and saw that the bleeding comes from the polyps around entrance of my cervix . She said my cervix is healthy looking . So on the spot , she removed the polyps quite painlessly away. But she did tell me will bleed or spot a little for a few days to 1 week cos the wound is still raw . She said there is no need for medication. It will heal on its own. After that she did a TV scan for me to check that bb is Okie. That is when i saw beanie and heartbeat :) she assured that the bleeding is not due to pregnancy. If the gyne thinks it is safe to remove at her clinic , I think not to worry. I still have a bit of brown staining but I think is from the wound. Will take a while .

My polyps is at the entrance of the cervics. I have been having brown discharge, so Gynae suggest I took it out to stop the bleeding

Polyps removal is a fast surgery...
Seems like u need to remove it otherwise will affect yr labour later on?
If bleeding is becos of the polyps then its better for u to follow her advise right?
U can also search youtube video to see how the surgery is done...

Yes, for my case, the polyps is at a position that can be easily removed. So it is really fast. Jus snip! And it is removed in seconds. I think my gyne is very skillful too.. She talked to me while doing the removal .. I didn't know it was done until she said ," Okie, done!" :)

Where is ur polyps?
Cant u do the surgery after delivery?
I had a polyps removed from my colon before.

My polyps is at the entrance of the cervics. I have been having brown discharge, so Gynae suggest I took it out to stop the bleeding
To add on, she said best to remove cos uterus is expanding and also my polyps is quite big
I'm very worried it will cause harm to the baby. Did ur Gynae mention whether will it cause any risk to the baby?

Hi MTBS. I had my checkup this evening n officially an Oct mtb.
Can someone add me in?
Details:
TMC DR WONG MUN TAT
EDD 31 OCT
3RD PREGNANCY

Bb is abt 6 weeks 5 days today. Ms is sickening as usual. Mentioned to my gyne yet he was pretty happy abt that. He said the worse the ms the better for the bb... haiz...
Hi, we visit the same gynae... I am in 2nd pregnancy. I have a 7yo boys....my Edd is end oct too based on calendar calculation...

I'm very worried it will cause harm to the baby. Did ur Gynae mention whether will it cause any risk to the baby?

My gyne said becos it is jus outside the entrance of cervix , she doesn't even insert into the cervix, so it is no issue. But if don't remove, it will continue to bleed becos that is the source of bleeding. Plus uterus is expanding so it is better to remove. After removal of the polyps, I happened to have gyne's appointment (the original appointment that I'm supposed to go), gyne scanned and beanie is still having strong heartbeat. So that assures me too. As long as it is non-invasive, I feel is Okie. You may wanna discuss more with gyne and let gyne explain more about the procedure to u and u can ask gyne if there will be any risk involved for your case . Don't worry :) which week are u at now ?:)

Anyone heard of polyps?

I had polyps during my first pregnancy, also at the entrance of the cervix and I had spotting every now and then up to the 5th month. It stopped when I was given a jab. Gynae didn't advice to have it removed unless it's bleeding badly. Thankfully, after giving birth, it went away on its own.

Noobmum, what colour is your discharge currently ?
My discharge is brown in colour, everyday I will have the discharge. He did mention that if I don't want it to be removed, he will remove it during delivery. However, he advise it to be removed to stop the discharge.

Hi all,
Anyone hear of pregnancy hives? I'm suffering from this now.. Seeing my gynae yesterday took jab and medi.. It seems getting better but however this morning I got new bumps again at differ areas.. Very itchy to the max as Im having very bad hives.. Any advise?

So lucky!
I am still burping no stop and ginger no longer works for me. Last night I burp till I can't sleep.
=(
The only time I am not burping is when I eat. But my food aversion is quite bad. Can't wait for first trimester to be over soon.
Oh dear! Hang in there!

My discharge is brown in colour, everyday I will have the discharge. He did mention that if I don't want it to be removed, he will remove it during delivery. However, he advise it to be removed to stop the discharge.

I think your gyne will know your condition the best:) speak to your gyne during your next visit and meanwhile monitor your spotting pattern so u can update gyne and then see wat gyne says for your case. And decide wat is best for u:) my gyne also told me for my case, the polyps is quite big , it will continue to bleed. So for my case she suggest to get it remove as it is painless and won't hurt the baby. So u jus consult your gyne for wat is best for your case :) take care :)

I think I must resume back to eating oatmeal every morning. When I eat it, I have no constipation. Past 2 days didn't eat it and this morning have a bit of constipation. Before I am pregnant , even if I don't eat oatmeal regularly , I have no problem with removing bowels. But now it seems if I don't load on fibre from natural food, I'll get it. Is constipation common when preggy?

I think I must resume back to eating oatmeal every morning. When I eat it, I have no constipation. Past 2 days didn't eat it and this morning have a bit of constipation. Before I am pregnant , even if I don't eat oatmeal regularly , I have no problem with removing bowels. But now it seems if I don't load on fibre from natural food, I'll get it. Is constipation common when preggy?

Super common. I get it very often. So keep eating fruits and veg and drink a lot of water.

i find yogurt helps me a lot too. i try to take a non-fat fruit yogurt every day.

Back