(2015/10) Oct 2015 Mummies

Hope all mommies doing good. how you guys managing with consitpation during 2nd trimester ? I drink lots of fluids and fibre but still feel more constipated . Any home remedies and suggestions ?

Hi yaEsh, u may try fibre gel or forlex which recommended by gynae. I have severe constipation, they dont work for me though.

Anyway does anyone encountered u/s scans at 16 weeks when doctor mentioned that it's a girl and at 20weeks detailed scan, it showed a boy???
My gynea also dr Adrain mention on my 16wks scan is high possible a gal. Next wk I'm goin for my 19wks detail scan to confirm. ^^

Hi everyone, nice to meet you! I'm new here as well and a (clueless) first time mum. My EDD is around 23 Oct and I'm with Dr Heng at Parkway East. Would love to join the group, will PM theia my email. :)

have any oct mummies to be started stocking up on baby stuff?

whenever I buy things from fellow mummies, I always feel self conscious as my tummy still not showing much yet haha.

I haven't done much tbh.... Just a bit of research/reading here and there. Wonder if I'm way too chill. It's always good to be prepared heh.

Hope all mommies doing good. how you guys managing with consitpation during 2nd trimester ? I drink lots of fluids and fibre but still feel more constipated . Any home remedies and suggestions ?

You can try eating oats on regularly basis and eating prunes/drinking prune juice

I haven't done much tbh.... Just a bit of research/reading here and there. Wonder if I'm way too chill. It's always good to be prepared heh.
Me too.... only keep googling but nvr action anything yet. Cant b assured its good in there.. am a worrier. Havent even reveal to the majority yet although some says my bump is obvious in some clothing. Im wk 15 plus btw ;)

Anyone bought pump already? A fren recommend me Spectra S9+ freemie as there's no nursing room nearby my office, and my office is having open concept, but the other fren say the combi is not good and suggest I get medela freestyle instead @_@. Any one used freemie before or wanting to get one?

Anyone decided to send their babies to infant care or considering having a day time nanny when they return back to the workforce? I need recommendations. Thanks.

I still considering btw putting at the infant care near my block or putting at my mil place. Considerations include to and fro travel time from house to caretaker location to work vs our working hours.
Went down personally to see the PCF infant care to ensure it's at least clean and airy. (Crappy Tips: wear white socks in and take a walk, color of socks after u come out help u gauge how dirty the floor is).
Personally think the place does not have a lot of toys but I might go over take a peek again someday when I can see the teacher engagement level with the kids.

For nanny, it will b more expensive compare to not-so-branded infant care, but usually they will give more attention to ur bb, can follow bb routine easier and u can choose to put them at nanny place or get them to your house depending on how comfortable you are. But it also depends on how many bb the nanny is taking care @ one go, and how comfortable you trust your bb with her.

Waiting for my hubby make the final decision.

This weekend 16-17 May, there will be a Philips Carnival Sales at their office in Toa Payoh. Any Moms going for Avent products hunt?

Hi ladies, I'm 16 weeks and a first time mom, and very excited to welcome our new member in Oct. So far, I have only been a phantom reader... but I think I need to seek some help from you guys about delivery rates.

I'm currently seeing Dr Esther Ng. (Read lotsa good reviews on her and also due to fact that I wanna deliver at Mt A.)
To estimate the total expenditure, I checked the clinic to check on various rates:
20 weeks onwards: $950+
Delivery rate: $3K
Post-natal visit by doct: $300/visit to your bed while u are warded
All these are the charges for normal delivery, say you opt for C section, the rate Delivery Rate will go up to $4K - $4.3K.
Mt A hospital charges: ranges from $2.1K - $3.5K (for 2-bedded, depending on the complexity from normal delivery to with assistance to C-section).
I am fine with the hospital estimates and the 20 weeks onwards rates, cos, after scanning through pages of online forums and also checking with friends who recently delivered, these rates seem reasonable and "market rate".
BUT - the delivery rate at $3k is alittle on the high side (or so I think)... I have seen many other recommendations with $1.8k - $2.5k delivery charges, but hearing that the cost is $3K shocked me abit.
So here I am to check with all you mummies-to-be, if you already checked how much your delivery rate is from your current doc and if so, will you be so kind to share the info, so I can be less shocked with mine, or if you think this is way too exp just for a noraml delivery rate. (I was actually only expecting $2.3-$2.5K.. hmmm)

Hi ladies, I'm 16 weeks and a first time mom, and very excited to welcome our new member in Oct. So far, I have only been a phantom reader... but I think I need to seek some help from you guys about delivery rates.

I'm currently seeing Dr Esther Ng. (Read lotsa good reviews on her and also due to fact that I wanna deliver at Mt A.)
To estimate the total expenditure, I checked the clinic to check on various rates:
All these are the charges for normal delivery, say you opt for C section, the rate Delivery Rate will go up to $4K - $4.3K.
Mt A hospital charges: ranges from $2.1K - $3.5K (for 2-bedded, depending on the complexity from normal delivery to with assistance to C-section).
I am fine with the hospital estimates and the 20 weeks onwards rates, cos, after scanning through pages of online forums and also checking with friends who recently delivered, these rates seem reasonable and "market rate".
BUT - the delivery rate at $3k is alittle on the high side (or so I think)... I have seen many other recommendations with $1.8k - $2.5k delivery charges, but hearing that the cost is $3K shocked me abit.
So here I am to check with all you mummies-to-be, if you already checked how much your delivery rate is from your current doc and if so, will you be so kind to share the info, so I can be less shocked with mine, or if you think this is way too exp just for a noraml delivery rate. (I was actually only expecting $2.3-$2.5K.. hmmm)

Who provided u The delivery rate of $3k?

Cos u mentioned mt A charges $2.1k-$3.5k.

U also need to know what's included in the $3k

Any mommies feels pain in the abdomen & sometimes at back (around 17-18 weeks )when the uterus expands to accommodate growing baby ? The pain can be felt in night time or whenever I lie down .

Hi mtb, i gave birth to my baby boy last oct in TMC. It cost us about 7.5k for normal delivery with vacumn and with epidural. My gynae fee already abt $3k. I took 4 bedded room.

Btw, if any of you mtb need confinement lady, i can recomend you one aunty which good in cooking and taking care baby. She has 10+years experiences. Pls pm me if you interested.

Who provided u The delivery rate of $3k?

Cos u mentioned mt A charges $2.1k-$3.5k.

U also need to know what's included in the $3k

@zaclin29

The 3k is only doctor delivery charges for my gynae and y up to $4k is depending on the style of delivery normal vs c section etc. This info was given by the clinic assistant.

The hospital charges of $2.1 to 3k was cos i read frm the website n also called mt a to confirm.

How much did u pay for yours (if u dont mind sharing?)

Any mommies feels pain in the abdomen & sometimes at back (around 17-18 weeks )when the uterus expands to accommodate growing baby ? The pain can be felt in night time or whenever I lie down .
Hello yaEsh,

I feel this pain at the abdomen too! Sometimes it lasted for a whole day, just mild prinking and pulling sensation not extreme pain though. A few nights I felt so uncomfortable that I had trouble falling asleep. Ya this is due to rapid uterus expansion and I seem to notice my tummy got bigger soon after I experienced this kind of pain. Could be my imagination haha as I feel I have lost control of my body... it always gets bigger before I realise :D

Hello yaEsh,

I feel this pain at the abdomen too! Sometimes it lasted for a whole day, just mild prinking and pulling sensation not extreme pain though. A few nights I felt so uncomfortable that I had trouble falling asleep. Ya this is due to rapid uterus expansion and I seem to notice my tummy got bigger soon after I experienced this kind of pain. Could be my imagination haha as I feel I have lost control of my body... it always gets bigger before I realise :D
Did you feel twitching pulse like ? Sometimes I feel so . May be I am thinking too much about baby .

Did you feel twitching pulse like ? Sometimes I feel so . May be I am thinking too much about baby .
I read in Mayo clinic pregnancy guide that slight twitching or spasms in the abdomen may be due to baby's hiccups. This develops as early as week 15. It's harmless. I have not felt it personally.

That twitching pulse is baby movement I believe. I started to feel it at wk18. The abdomen pain u are feeling could be the uterus expanding..

I'm 18 plus wk. Today back starts to feels pain pain. Abdomen oso. =(

@zaclin29

The 3k is only doctor delivery charges for my gynae and y up to $4k is depending on the style of delivery normal vs c section etc. This info was given by the clinic assistant.

The hospital charges of $2.1 to 3k was cos i read frm the website n also called mt a to confirm.

Hi shuz2359,

Here is the breakdown of my hospital bill in 2012 (4D3N) at NUH.

Package price (delivery suite) $1900
Room Charge (Class A1 + Nursery) $780
Delivery Fee (normal vaginal delivery) $1100
Gynae's fee $800
Other procedures** $800
PD fees $220
Total $5600

Deducted from medisave $2550
Cash payment $3050

** I dont have the breakdown but I think this shld be the cost of laughing gas, meds, 1 injection to deliver placenta.
I did not opt for epidural.

Hi all! I went to visit the gynae today for the 1st time and found out i am already 16wks along! Also found out the gender haha. Still very 'shocked' by this news; everything seems so scary and new to me. Am due in Oct (omg right) and would like to join any support groups/FB group: [email protected].
Thank you!

@zaclin29

My doctor's fees for delivery is between $3k - $4.5k. I think many private gynaes charge that price now. I have heard of others who are higher.

ermm... if im not wrong, mine is about 1.2k for doc delivery. yours a bit expensive, imho.

Back