(2015/10) Oct 2015 Mummies

Hi Zaclin29, yes, i m in the grp. I m able to post comment now. I noticed that i have to click in the oct 15 mum private grp first b4 i can post the comment. I cant post the comment if i click n join fb thru the post link sent to my email.

I dont mind! cos my hub always say im lazy. Lol. I stay just opposite the swimming complex! But first, i need to get a swimsuit for pregnant lady. Still dont know where to buy and what is good and cheap.
Ahhhh how mani wks r u... i still intending to do aqua aerobics in my old bikini haha

Hi linggal81, it's a private group, so your friends won't be able to see you joining. Unless they are in the group already :)
Oh thank you... do i will ping u to add me in ? I think i better wait next week still cos still worried abt harmony test results :(

Hi wld like to join the fb grp but any idea if my fb friend will see me joining? Cos i havent reveal n waiting for my harmony result before revealing ;)
Hi.
No, yr friend won't see u unless they are also in the grp :)
The grp is a secret grp so u cant even search for it...

Hi october mummies,

Anyone can share opinion on
1) ifc... estimated rates and when to source, what to look out for, any deposits needed? Cos both my mil n mum is not keen to help makin my head big...
2) CL as in if necessary? though i know best to hire one for ample rest n guidance, i wish to save some $$ plus I'm fearful of not gettin a good one.. saw some of u all alrdy book the gd ones maybe. For me chores can be done by my mil; food prep by my mum; so only need for me will be recovery of my body plus taking care of bb. Day time i might ve the mothers for help but night time probably will be me alone.... not easy but any advice from anyone what i need to assess if i really need external help?
3) when n what things to start looking for or to buy for bb?

Brief intro: im into my week 14, edd 1 nov but apparently sometimes its 28 or 29 oct. Drew 6 tube blood for harmony test last week n the mani other tests, so am waiting for results. Passed my pre eclampsia test already. Had 2 m/c so far, 1 in 2011 due to neuro defect at wk 12; last in Aug 2014 a natural m/c at duno consider wk 8 or wk 6 since it didnt grow from the start... so this is my 3rd and so far most successful pregnancy. Already heard the heartbeat few times.

Hi,
I called up PCF last wk to enquire abt infant care. The lady told me that i can only register for a spot aft bb is born. U can check out childcarelink.gov.sg. They do not accept reservations for space etc. i guess that's only for privates?
I've interviewed a few CL and gave up cos their requests were quite demanding. One said she cant work if the bed is uncomfortable or there's no ac n does not want baby with her at night. Another is only keen to cook soup n dishes for dinner and told me to eat bread/biscuits for breakfast while she makes me a hot cup of milo. Im also a first time mum but here's what my hubby n i plan to do, i hope it helps u
1. Hubby takes 3-4wks off work to help with chores and nighttime baby care (bottled breastmilk). Gna attend TMC prarentcraft to prepare ourselves
2. MIL n mother (both working) helps with daytime baby care alt
3. Ordered confinement catering to free up both mothers
4. Private jamu massage for post natal care
5. Dad in law is the designated sk warrior if we need haha (he doesnt ost know it yet!)
We've also got quite a number of gd deals from the apr baby fair. I suggest to wait for big fairs if u can cos can really save alot of $$. Now we're just lacking the cot, its accessories and clothes (gender only aft next wks appt). Most of my friends/relatives are not married so i dun have much hand me downs. But if u do, those can save alot too! Most importantly, research on what's gd and shortlist u top choices before shopping so u dun end up feeling lost when u see all those price tags.
Hope this helps!

Hi,
I called up PCF last wk to enquire abt infant care. The lady told me that i can only register for a spot aft bb is born. U can check out childcarelink.gov.sg. They do not accept reservations for space etc. i guess that's only for privates?
I've interviewed a few CL and gave up cos their requests were quite demanding. One said she cant work if the bed is uncomfortable or there's no ac n does not want baby with her at night. Another is only keen to cook soup n dishes for dinner and told me to eat bread/biscuits for breakfast while she makes me a hot cup of milo. Im also a first time mum but here's what my hubby n i plan to do, i hope it helps u
1. Hubby takes 3-4wks off work to help with chores and nighttime baby care (bottled breastmilk). Gna attend TMC prarentcraft to prepare ourselves
5. Dad in law is the designated sk warrior if we need haha (he doesnt ost know it yet!)
We've also got quite a number of gd deals from the apr baby fair. I suggest to wait for big fairs if u can cos can really save alot of $$. Now we're just lacking the cot, its accessories and clothes (gender only aft next wks appt). Most of my friends/relatives are not married so i dun have much hand me downs. But if u do, those can save alot too! Most importantly, research on what's gd and shortlist u top choices before shopping so u dun end up feeling lost when u see all those price tags.
Hope this helps!

Thanks man, that helps a lot... ya i think i can have hands down cos im a late MTB. already 34this yr. im more concerned abt the big ticket item like cot, pram etc... but duno when i shld go look out... yr CL interview does sounds bad which prove to me ok i better stick to my original plan of looking after my own bb on my own. How many weeks are you now? I also roughly know the gender next week cos its Harmony test. :)

Hi,
Hope this helps!

Wow, these few CLs u interviewed are really fussy...not wanting baby with her at night?? Then what is she for? Lol!

If circumstances allow, I personally feel that CL is quite important to have so that mummies can get adequate rest as newborns need feeding very often, some as freq as every 2 hrs. And for those with c-sec, it will take an even longer recovery time and if its emergency c-sec, you won't know till u give birth.

I dont mind! cos my hub always say im lazy. Lol. I stay just opposite the swimming complex! But first, i need to get a swimsuit for pregnant lady. Still dont know where to buy and what is good and cheap.
hey how mani weeks u in... will need new preggy suit ah?. i still tinking of wearing my old bikini (lazy buy swimsuit). the aqua has Fri slots for 7pm beginning on 12/Jun, or Tuesday 7pm beginning 14/Jul or Thurs slot 8pm beginning from 25/jun

Wow, these few CLs u interviewed are really fussy...not wanting baby with her at night?? Then what is she for? Lol!

If circumstances allow, I personally feel that CL is quite important to have so that mummies can get adequate rest as newborns need feeding very often, some as freq as every 2 hrs. And for those with c-sec, it will take an even longer recovery time and if its emergency c-sec, you won't know till u give birth.

i am also concern on mummy recovery... as in esp c-sec.... haizzz but really not keen on CL... wish me luck..

haha oic paisay just saw ur reply here... actually i also paisay... but to buy preggy suit like so wasted .. use for months only.. hahahha
Haha. I also thinking of getting bikini leh. But I don't really know how to swim, just wish to soak in pool to relax. Where can I buy cheap bikini in SG?

Hi october mummies,

Anyone can share opinion on
1) ifc... estimated rates and when to source, what to look out for, any deposits needed? Cos both my mil n mum is not keen to help makin my head big...
2) CL as in if necessary? though i know best to hire one for ample rest n guidance, i wish to save some $$ plus I'm fearful of not gettin a good one.. saw some of u all alrdy book the gd ones maybe. For me chores can be done by my mil; food prep by my mum; so only need for me will be recovery of my body plus taking care of bb. Day time i might ve the mothers for help but night time probably will be me alone.... not easy but any advice from anyone what i need to assess if i really need external help?
3) when n what things to start looking for or to buy for bb?

Brief intro: im into my week 14, edd 1 nov but apparently sometimes its 28 or 29 oct. Drew 6 tube blood for harmony test last week n the mani other tests, so am waiting for results. Passed my pre eclampsia test already. Had 2 m/c so far, 1 in 2011 due to neuro defect at wk 12; last in Aug 2014 a natural m/c at duno consider wk 8 or wk 6 since it didnt grow from the start... so this is my 3rd and so far most successful pregnancy. Already heard the heartbeat few times.

My friends who didn't have a confinement lady regretted it. They told me it's hard to take care of the baby during the first month. Esp when the mummy is in confinement. The baby wakes up quite a bit a night during the first month.

Thanks man, that helps a lot... ya i think i can have hands down cos im a late MTB. already 34this yr. im more concerned abt the big ticket item like cot, pram etc... but duno when i shld go look out... yr CL interview does sounds bad which prove to me ok i better stick to my original plan of looking after my own bb on my own. How many weeks are you now? I also roughly know the gender next week cos its Harmony test. :)
I mostly monitor the prices on those fb mummy pages. When we knew baby is more or less stable (m/c x2 alr), and good prices popped up, we just got them.
There's a baby hypermart at kaki bukit. That's where we got our pram (quinny) n car seat (maxicosi) cos they were having a sale and we got to try out the folding and stability etc too. Probably good to have an idea when will u use a pram so u roughly know if u want something more easy to manage or more stable. I find that it's mostly a tradeoff between those 2. There's also a baby clothes warehouse in bugis but i havent been there yet, not sure how it works. Hubby's planning to get cot from ikea, the convertible kind. Apparently can get mattresses, sheets etc all from ikea. When it comes to cot, i suppose its all abt safety? As long as there are no exposed sharp/metal parts and gaps are not too big for baby to get caught in between it's ok? Experienced parents can help out here!!
To save more, we r making big purchases with credit cards and get those vouchers rebates to buy the remaining items. Just make sure not debts. But that's hubby's specialty. Haha.. We r a young couple so still saving up for many other things.
Im at 17wks now!

Hi,
Hope this helps!

I called one PCF and they ask me to do down only one month before bb is born to 'express interest'.
Went to the other one nearer to my house and they let me put myself on waiting list and go to register after I given birth. So guest which PCF also operate slightly different.

Agree that CL is hard to find. I didn't ask till so detail. They usually just tell me will decide on menu only when they started with me. But so far most are fine without ac and ok to sleep on mattress on floor w/o a bed.

Intend to stock up only when date is nearly, think July/Aug have another fair right? Guess I will start stock up stuffs. Questions: U stocked up diapers also?

Yeah! I was surprised myself! But i've also heard many horror stories before, even those frm agencies.
There were a few gd ones whom i interviewed too! But all taken :( and i thot i called early enough (at 12wks). If there's really no one available to help, i think a CL will be very important. A good one tho.

My friends who didn't have a confinement lady regretted it. They told me it's hard to take care of the baby during the first month. Esp when the mummy is in confinement. The baby wakes up quite a bit a night during the first month.
My friend suffer from post natal depression after her #1, so she get CL for 2 mths for her #2.
So I also prefer to have one since I am first time mum who can't take stress well already on normal days.

I called one PCF and they ask me to do down only one month before bb is born to 'express interest'.
Went to the other one nearer to my house and they let me put myself on waiting list and go to register after I given birth. So guest which PCF also operate slightly different.

Agree that CL is hard to find. I didn't ask till so detail. They usually just tell me will decide on menu only when they started with me. But so far most are fine without ac and ok to sleep on mattress on floor w/o a bed.

Intend to stock up only when date is nearly, think July/Aug have another fair right? Guess I will start stock up stuffs. Questions: U stocked up diapers also?
Hmm. Mayb i shld head down to the centre personally too :/
Not yet. Haha.. Im thinking of requesting for diapers samples from the website first? Not sure if its possible. Havent got down to doing it. Clothes and all gna be the last i guess. No hurry and no sale! Haha
Maybe will have sg50 national day sale in august? Heh.

For my case, my first pregnancy is emergency c-sect so is really unexpected .. Cos cervix couldn't dilate more than 4cm even after trying to induce me and my water bag was the first to break at 12 midnight. Mil helped me with confinement cos my EDD was during Cny . CL all asked for double the fee due to festive season. I didn't expect my mil to leave at 3pm daily , so it was really bad. Hubby helped me so much the moment he reached home from work but still I think i over-exerted myself and wound was infected. Took me two months to recover from my c-sect wound). That is why I tell myself for my #2, since it is going to be another c-sect (Gyne said safer since first one is a c-sect), I die die will get a CL. Recommended by my Fren. Praying hard will be good :) my CL told me she will brew those tonics that is safe for breastfeeding and yet good to help in c-sect recovery for me .

Any mommies experience twitching feel in lower abdomen , sometimes on one side of abdomen in 16 weeks ? Not sure whether that's baby movement or gas feel .

As update. I called the sengkang cc to find out if the aqua aerobics is suitable for preggy. She in a not certain way reply "if u ask me i would say no cos its consider strenous"... she wasnt tat helpful n kip talkin to her background pple when i was halfway questioning her. kinda unprofessional so im not confident to join as well even she says yes.

I ve no idea who to source on prenatal yoga n aqua aerobics le :( if anyone has lobang pls share or update me.. really keen to join some

As update. I called the sengkang cc to find out if the aqua aerobics is suitable for preggy. She in a not certain way reply "if u ask me i would say no cos its consider strenous"... she wasnt tat helpful n kip talkin to her background pple when i was halfway questioning her. kinda unprofessional so im not confident to join as well even she says yes.

I ve no idea who to source on prenatal yoga n aqua aerobics le :( if anyone has lobang pls share or update me.. really keen to join some

Just happened to chance upon your post.. I'm an MTB currently taking aqua aerobics at KKH. The program is tailored for pregnant ladies and it's pretty enjoyable, definitely not too strenuous. You can check out the link below for more info

http://www.kkh.com.sg/EducationAndT...afitness In Pregnancy Brochure - 20150127.pdf

Hi.. Do you mind sharing where's the exact address of the baby hyper mart in kaki Bukit and bb clothes warehouse in bugis?
I mostly monitor the prices on those fb mummy pages. When we knew baby is more or less stable (m/c x2 alr), and good prices popped up, we just got them.
There's a baby hypermart at kaki bukit. That's where we got our pram (quinny) n car seat (maxicosi) cos they were having a sale and we got to try out the folding and stability etc too. Probably good to have an idea when will u use a pram so u roughly know if u want something more easy to manage or more stable. I find that it's mostly a tradeoff between those 2. There's also a baby clothes warehouse in bugis but i havent been there yet, not sure how it works. Hubby's planning to get cot from ikea, the convertible kind. Apparently can get mattresses, sheets etc all from ikea. When it comes to cot, i suppose its all abt safety? As long as there are no exposed sharp/metal parts and gaps are not too big for baby to get caught in between it's ok? Experienced parents can help out here!!
To save more, we r making big purchases with credit cards and get those vouchers rebates to buy the remaining items. Just make sure not debts. But that's hubby's specialty. Haha.. We r a young couple so still saving up for many other things.
Im at 17wks now!

Can I check , any of u ladies here at week 14 onwards your Gyne still ask u to take folic acid ? I know folic acid is very crucial in first trimester. So I've been taking diligently. Since 12 weeks , Ive been taking multi vit prescribed by my Gyne that has about 400mcg of folic acid too . Plus I'm taking my fish oil prescribed by my Gyne too. That is about all that I'm taking for now. How about u ladies? I'm about 14 weeks 2 days. Need calcium pills now ? I've been trying to drink about 2 glasses of milk daily. But at least will have 1 glass of milk daily. Jus wondering what u ladies are taking now :) my next Gyne appointment will be in 2 weeks' time

Can I check , any of u ladies here at week 14 onwards your Gyne still ask u to take folic acid ? I know folic acid is very crucial in first trimester. So I've been taking diligently. Since 12 weeks , Ive been taking multi vit prescribed by my Gyne that has about 400mcg of folic acid too . Plus I'm taking my fish oil prescribed by my Gyne too. That is about all that I'm taking for now. How about u ladies? I'm about 14 weeks 2 days. Need calcium pills now ? I've been trying to drink about 2 glasses of milk daily. But at least will have 1 glass of milk daily. Jus wondering what u ladies are taking now :) my next Gyne appointment will be in 2 weeks' time

Hi bellebaby, my gynae has told me to stop eating the folic acid since he started me on the multi vits, calcium and fish oil. That was about week 12...

Hi bellebaby, my gynae has told me to stop eating the folic acid since he started me on the multi vits, calcium and fish oil. That was about week 12...

Hi bellebaby, Mine ask me to finish up whatever I have left and no need to top up the folic acid tablets after that since I started on multi vits.

Hi yammidough, mind sharing the brand of calcium pills u taking? Did u take milk too? I tried one of the sample packs and it was too yucky for my liking.

Im same week as u. Taking dha, multi vitamin dat has folic components and calcium pills. He nvr ask me to take fish oil leh... oh and i still need to continue my hormone pills for 2 more weeks maybe

Hey... when i woke up this morning i tot my tummy suddenly tighten and hard like a rock. I happen to ve sex last night. The hardness is obvious but when i went up to pee n come bck its no more there. Anyone like dat? Im only wk 14... im not sure if im dreaming but im pretty sure its hard cos i think i did press gently against it. Cant b baby move wat....

oh man.. also my intention.. i wanna do aqua aerobic and/or prenatal yoga.. only thing is.. it seems costly.. any cheap deal around?

I went for my first pre-natal yoga class last week at Art of Yoga, near Siglap/East Coast. http://artofyoga.sg/ You can book free trial. I have been going yoga there pre-pregnancy as like the small grp size and coziness....unlike those chain yoga ones with many students in a class. When I was there last week, only 6 students, incl myself.

I already have a package from my pre-pregnancy days and continuing the use of it. They were nice to extend the expiry date as I stopped totally during my 1st trim.

Bellebaby, am still taking folic acid. My gynae asks me to take throughout pregnancy. I'm also taking DHA from him, though its optional. He also gives multi-vit as part of his package, but am not taking it as scared heaty. He is ok with that, but says folic acid is a must. Other than that, I am also taking Vit C on my own

Hi bellebaby, Mine ask me to finish up whatever I have left and no need to top up the folic acid tablets after that since I started on multi vits.

Hi yammidough, mind sharing the brand of calcium pills u taking? Did u take milk too? I tried one of the sample packs and it was too yucky for my liking.

My Gyne also told me to finish up my folic acid and no need to top up anymore as the multi-vit has folic acid as well.
I have been taking goat milk since b4 I TTC , Gyne said as long as I can drink it, can continue to drink. I've been drinking so I'll continue.

Hi pinkiiyo, gynae gave me this "suncal-d" and the brand is sunward.. I never regularly drink milk but as when we buy I will drink some.

Back