(2015/08) Aug 2015 Mummies

I'm also in week 9 now & I have zero symptoms too. Like I always lament in this thread, I don't even experience tender breasts. We might just be the lucky few mummies here. Many throw up whatever they eat, I really empathize with their condition. My tummy is also flat in the morning, the weird thing is I'm losing some weight where my appetite is normal.

finally someone had the same with me, i'm worry as reading from this thread all having quite bad ms and i have not much symptoms. wondering if my bb is growing well.. etc... etc..
yes..i empathize with their condition too.

I took the white tomyam with no coconut milk, very appetising yet not so heavy to the stomach.

U r really lucky, the ms for my previous pregnancy was never this bad and I thought this time I will be really lucky till it fully strike on week 8 and I still thought I got food poisoning from the China trip.

I calculate the cost of the ingredients, it should be around the same. A piece of drumstick at the wet market already cost $3-5 same as a little lean meat, a tiny pc of fish $10+, we still have to buy the herbs and have to add in daily trips to the market, water/ electricity bill for cooking and washing. Save the hassle better.

After much "research", i decided to settle on Natal Essential based on their food varieties, better ingredients used like threadfin and rave reviews on their soup :).

There are cheaper caterings but seem like they r using mostly meat and cheaper fish.

I shall request for less oil, salt, more wine and fish for the meal and since I heard they r very flexi, shall I browse through the menu and replace those food I dislike.

I can't wait for the confinement to end and go out :confused:
My gal was born on Dec and I remembered how happy that I can go out in the car ride to Orchard to see the lights :D
I think it's better to plan now cause the good ones got snapped very fast. My friend booked hers as early as she got a positive line.;)

Think will definitely hope to go out, right, because being confined may feel bored. I also wonder how it will be like for myself.. LOL.
Wow, you friend so fast. I don't dare, I scare what if something goes wrong. But now getting nearer to end of first trimester liao, so will think more about it.

I have been having 'evening sickness' and will feel super tired by ard 4pm. So I decided to let me boss know. Fortunately he is very understanding and lets me go home everyday at 4pm. Also told my team cos its only fair they know why I'm leaving work early everyday. I'm at 11 weeks.
My mum is a very experienced nanny and will be helping me with e confinement and take care of my babies after birth. As I'm expecting twins, will be getting a helper to help out with housework while mum take care of the babies. Hope I can find a good helper.
This will not happen at my workplace.. How tired also have to work.. or pretend to work.
Having twins is tough for you. Lucky you to have a good boss and mum! :)

My office doing some roof maintenance and the whole place stinks. Think the chemicals got into the aircon system somehow. Lucky i got window to open but still so irritating.

Understand how irritating the smell can be. Maybe should request to boss to leave early, too much inhaling of that, v uncomfortable.

I just booked my confinement lady thru agency but paid more to specify the nanny. Rates are indeed going up.

At least 1 more thing is settled. How much u pay for her?

My frds said Natal Essential is pretty good though standard has dropped a little compared to last time but its still better than most catering.

Perhaps u can get a usb fan to use for work. Nowadays i bring a mini fan out with me in case start to feel abit stuffy or am at someplace whereby the food smell is strong

I am comparing both chilli padi and Natal Essential. Perhaps I will try up their trial once and decide between the 2.

I was browsing through the menu last night and felt sort of hungry :p

Think will definitely hope to go out, right, because being confined may feel bored. I also wonder how it will be like for myself.. LOL.
Wow, you friend so fast. I don't dare, I scare what if something goes wrong. But now getting nearer to end of first trimester liao, so will think more about it.

Nowadays everything has to be fast and kiasu. I heard some had already booked the ifc. Keke ...

Lunch time! Mummies, what r u all having for lunch? I m having a weird combi here.. green grapes n hot milo.. hope i dun run to the loo later..

I am cooking pan fried salmon with cream penne :)

Ladies... CNY is coming. For those whose tummy is already showing a small bump, where are you getting your new yr clothes? I dont want to buy maternity wear if possible. Still want to look pretty and be a stylish mtb.

Ladies... CNY is coming. For those whose tummy is already showing a small bump, where are you getting your new yr clothes? I dont want to buy maternity wear if possible. Still want to look pretty and be a stylish mtb.

Though my bump is still not showing..
Can consider buying from qoo10..

Coz now abit late to get from asos.. their delivery takes almost 1 month..

Or got to the maternity shop
. Like spring etc.. but I find it quite expensive.. too use to online prices.. haha

Sane, I pay 2650 for the confinement lady. But cos i paid extra to specify my friend's cl. Hope it is worth it.

Hlixian, quite a few of us bought from asos. My purchase shd be arriving latest by next monday. Hopefully it fits.

Sometimes i will also think i want to be a stylish mom but i think about spending too much then i stop myself. Rather save up for future expenses in case i want to stop work for a while. So conflicting thoughts right?

Though my bump is still not showing..
Can consider buying from qoo10..

Coz now abit late to get from asos.. their delivery takes almost 1 month..

Or got to the maternity shop
. Like spring etc.. but I find it quite expensive.. too use to online prices.. haha
I find maternity shops ex too but the good thing is one or two good pieces can bring you all the way to third tri. Third tri so hard to find clothes to wear.

I also very used to shopping online local blogshops. Dont think I can fit into their clothes now... quite sad... lol..

I just spent 100 plus at this blogshop called Jump Eat Cry.. Can consider their maternity clothes.. Reasonably priced :p http://www.jumpeatcry.com

Today i went for my first trimester screening (not cheap at all! Cost me 578 sgd inclusive of consultation fee )and its really such a wonderful feeling seeing how fast my bb have grown and how well behaved he/she was during the scan.. The sonographer was pleased she managed to take all the pictures she needed.. N bb only started moving n kicking when my hubby came in the room.. Haha. Babies really are a miracle.. Cant wait for next month appt already!

Last edited:
Hi ladies.. Did my harmony test today.

Gynae drew 2 tubes of blood from me. No fasting required. Took less than 5min. Dr say he usually inform couples result in 2weeks but in fact will be faster.

Harmony is $1350

Did a scan today also. 1st time see bb moving. 12th week now.. Dr peep under /in between the beanie leg, but he say cant comment cos he cant see much.

Last edited:
Sane, I pay 2650 for the confinement lady. But cos i paid extra to specify my friend's cl. Hope it is worth it.

Hlixian, quite a few of us bought from asos. My purchase shd be arriving latest by next monday. Hopefully it fits.

Sometimes i will also think i want to be a stylish mom but i think about spending too much then i stop myself. Rather save up for future expenses in case i want to stop work for a while. So conflicting thoughts right?

That's good at least she's still considered recommended.

If you have a stable income, will be more inclined to spend.

Right now I think I will be a budget mom since expenses r accumulating. :D

I also very used to shopping online local blogshops. Dont think I can fit into their clothes now... quite sad... lol..

U can resume again after confinement :D

Gynae drew 2 tubes of blood from me. No fasting required. Took less than 5min. Dr say he usually inform couples result in 2weeks but in fact will be faster.

Harmony is $1350

Did a scan today also. 1st time see bb moving. 12th week now.. Dr peep under /in between the beanie leg, but he say cant comment cos he cant see much.

Don't be anxious. .. u can know the gender within 2 weeks ;)

Actually i more 'gan chiong' abt the result of the harmony test.

Gender is secondary.. Thou I 'suspected' hubby want a boy lah cos he was the only boy wif 5 elder sisters.. So he was pampered since young.

So coming from a family of 重男轻女, i pretty sure he was 'influenced' ..

I didnt ask him but he tel me healthy more impt in nowadays expensive society.

Don't be anxious. .. u can know the gender within 2 weeks ;)

I am comparing both chilli padi and Natal Essential. Perhaps I will try up their trial once and decide between the 2.
Nowadays everything has to be fast and kiasu. I heard some had already booked the ifc. Keke ...
Yah, I know of people who book IFC immediately when they got the positive line.
But I feel these are really lucky and blessed people who have never gotten bad news before... Maybe I hear too many possible bad news that can happen to people during trimester 1 so I am extra scare.
Lunch time! Mummies, what r u all having for lunch? I m having a weird combi here.. green grapes n hot milo.. hope i dun run to the loo later..

I have fried bee hoon for lunch.. v boring de and I cant even finish. LOL.

Also wondering where to get CNY clothes. I surf qoo10 but never see anything that look like can accommodate growing tummies. Any sellers to recommend? Somemore I am not tall, abit give up on looking good. If my MS can end in time for CNY feasting, I am happy enough le.

I think when CNY arrives, most of us should have a bit of a tummy liao. I already have a small one, maybe is from previous fats. LOL.

Looking forward to my Oscars scan in 2 weeks time. :)

Hey ladies,

Wanna check wif u..

Asked my gynae abt the genetic scan at dr ananda at camden.. I am currently in my 12th week, was thinking to do in the 14th-15th week. But gynae say do 2 months later which is ard 20th weeks..

Is it the norm to do at 20th weeks? Is it like 'too late' ??

Cos i actually read some mtb who did earlier than that.

Also wondering where to get CNY clothes. I surf qoo10 but never see anything that look like can accommodate growing tummies. Any sellers to recommend? Somemore I am not tall, abit give up on looking good. If my MS can end in time for CNY feasting, I am happy enough le.

I think when CNY arrives, most of us should have a bit of a tummy liao. I already have a small one, maybe is from previous fats. LOL.

Looking forward to my Oscars scan in 2 weeks time. :)

When are you going for oscar? Im going on 4th Feb in TMC.

Hey ladies,

Wanna check wif u..

Asked my gynae abt the genetic scan at dr ananda at camden.. I am currently in my 12th week, was thinking to do in the 14th-15th week. But gynae say do 2 months later which is ard 20th weeks..

Is it the norm to do at 20th weeks? Is it like 'too late' ??

Cos i actually read some mtb who did earlier than that.

What is genetic scan? I knly know oscar scan and 20 weeks detailed scan.

Read some of the mtb going to this dr ananda at camden for genetic ultrascan..

http://www.ssr.com.sg/education.htm#5

The scan zoomed deep into the heart, kidney, lung, head & pelvics & check any deformed in the fingers & toes.. Something like tat..

I not sure if is the same as the 20weeks detailed scan.

Maybe some experienced mtb can enlighten me..

What is genetic scan? I knly know oscar scan and 20 weeks detailed scan.

Sama sama... I also will be v happy if ms can end in time for the cny period. I wanna feast!

Yah! Hopefully we will all end our MS by then! Will be abit sad if cannot eat most of the things and worse still, gagging in front of relatives.

Harmony is $1350

Babe, $1350 is inclusive of GST already? Did he say when can get the results?

What's the difference between oscar and harmony scan ? Is it a must to do both ? I remembered my last pregnancy was $300 plus for oscar

from wat i read not necessary to do both unless ur oscars results comes back unfavorable, & u might want a harmony test to 'confirm' ..

Yes, oscar test is cheaper, cos for harmony test they hv to send the blood sample to a US lab.. Harmony test gives u the gender as well.

What's the difference between oscar and harmony scan ? Is it a must to do both ? I remembered my last pregnancy was $300 plus for oscar

Gender is secondary.. Thou I 'suspected' hubby want a boy lah cos he was the only boy wif 5 elder sisters.. So he was pampered since young.

5 elder sisters + mum o_O, he must be a prince at home. I have a friend who has 4 elder sister and he is so pampered that he don't even know how to wash a plate. His mum doted him so much but he is very gentleman.

Yah, I know of people who book IFC immediately when they got the positive line.
But I feel these are really lucky and blessed people who have never gotten bad news before... Maybe I hear too many possible bad news that can happen to people during trimester 1 so I am extra scare.

I have fried bee hoon for lunch.. v boring de and I cant even finish. LOL.

Not really coz her previous one mc. She is paranoid throughout too but managed to pull now. ;)

We must always 向前看 :)

Yup.. When it comes to clothes I won't spend. Already got some hand-me-down from a friend who gave birth early last yr including nursing bra and a few wedding suitable dresses. Luckily we are similar size. jus can't imagine forking out too much for something that I'm only wearing for a few months.
Other than for cny which I already bought a Jersey material dress, hopefully able to wear till full term.

Lol... My hub likewise, though he always say that healthy is his only concern but I know gender is also important to him. He is the only child of the eldest son (my fil) in the family,and only grandson of their surname. If not a boy I think he wld b disappointed - cos he know it's the 'male species' that determine the baby's gender.

Any mummies know when shd we seek medical help for MS? Am currently week 10 going 11, gynae prescribed me with metochlopramide (anti vomit) pill at week 8. It works fine initially but now I throw up more frequent than ever. Like 6-7 times a day. No appetite and everything I eat I throw up. Not sure if it's normal. It's very depressing cos nothing seems to work now, just can't keep food down.

gynae will give u pills but not sure it works for u coa it didnt work for me...

i vomit from week 6 to 11 everyday and whole day but mostly evening. but now at week 12 ++, its stopping ... hopefully it wont come back. cross finger and toes

This is what I understood from my doc... And iirc,
Oscar uses the mother's age and scanned dimensions of different part of the baby to calculate probability of baby having genetic disorder such as down syndrome. Is more statistics.

Harmony is more advance.. It collects the baby dna 'leaked' into the mum's blood to check the specific chromosome pair. So the results is definitive. And since it is checking chromosome pair, it can determine gender as well.

With the more affordable price range of 1k+, some parent prefer this as the answer is a clear yes or no. Not probability like 1 out of 8000 chance from oscar.

The other consideration is the age of parent: my doc say
Old mother = increase chance of down syndrome, due to poor egg quality
Old father =increase chance of autism due to poor sperm.

Dear mummies do correct me if I have any inaccuracies.

gynae will give u pills but not sure it works for u coa it didnt work for me...

i vomit from week 6 to 11 everyday and whole day but mostly evening. but now at week 12 ++, its stopping ... hopefully it wont come back. cross finger and toes
Yah i find cross to week 12 also ms subsided. But today only first day so dunno whether it will last.

This is what I understood from my doc... And iirc,
Oscar uses the mother's age and scanned dimensions of different part of the baby to calculate probability of baby having genetic disorder such as down syndrome. Is more statistics.

Harmony is more advance.. It collects the baby dna 'leaked' into the mum's blood to check the specific chromosome pair. So the results is definitive. And since it is checking chromosome pair, it can determine gender as well.

With the more affordable price range of 1k+, some parent prefer this as the answer is a clear yes or no. Not probability like 1 out of 8000 chance from oscar.

The other consideration is the age of parent: my doc say
Old mother = increase chance of down syndrome, due to poor egg quality
Old father =increase chance of autism due to poor sperm.

Dear mummies do correct me if I have any inaccuracies.
Sounds like what I know too. So i a bit worried cos of our older age. This fri i am doing so keep my fingers crossed.

5 elder sisters + mum o_O, he must be a prince at home. I have a friend who has 4 elder sister and he is so pampered that he don't even know how to wash a plate. His mum doted him so much but he is very gentleman.

Not really coz her previous one mc. She is paranoid throughout too but managed to pull now. ;)

We must always 向前看 :)

Glad to know that your friend made it. :) you are right, we must look forward!

Sounds like what I know too. So i a bit worried cos of our older age. This fri i am doing so keep my fingers crossed.

My gynae was telling me she has two mummies who are rather young and got back bad results for Oscars recently, makes me abit worried too.

Hopefully we will all do fine for our oscars or harmony test. :)

My gynae say same thing also..

He had mummies in the early 20s who had unfavorable oscars..

& he had mummies in late 30s or early 40s with surprisingly gd results..

So i was like even more determined 'just do harmony test to get 98% accuracy' ...

My gynae was telling me she has two mummies who are rather young and got back bad results for Oscars recently, makes me abit worried too.

Hopefully we will all do fine for our oscars or harmony test. :)

12 weeks plus.. I'm feeling worst then I was in 1st trimester (nothing much happened in the 1st trimester )...

1st gastric, after eating super bloated..
No appetite since yest evening...

I tot we would be more comfortable in our 2nd trimester.. but I seems not to.. and the tiredness is also back! :confused:

Don't worry.. These are odds and there are many whom have beaten the odds as well. Join the group, aim to beat the odds and you will!!!
Positive thinking!!!
For the benefit of you and your baby.
Jiayou!!!

Don't worry.. These are odds and there are many whom have beaten the odds as well. Join the group, aim to beat the odds and you will!!!
Positive thinking!!!
For the benefit of you and your baby.
Jiayou!!!

My MS stopped for a few days last week. I was 11th weeks then.

We had a pot luck gathering & i ate & ate & didnt felt bloated or nauseous..

Then it strike me y i dun have the urge to throw out.. Then next few days also same. No urge to throw out, not veey sensitive to smell..

This made me worry. Start to 胡思乱想。

Then tis week, it came back wif a vengeance.. As long after i had my lunch or dinner, i feel terrible..

Chest feel tight.. Cannot sleep well at night..

U so healthy. Cook your own lunch.

My MS stopped for a few days last week. I was 11th weeks then.

We had a pot luck gathering & i ate & ate & didnt felt bloated or nauseous..

Then it strike me y i dun have the urge to throw out.. Then next few days also same. No urge to throw out, not veey sensitive to smell..

This made me worry. Start to 胡思乱想。

Then tis week, it came back wif a vengeance.. As long after i had my lunch or dinner, i feel terrible..

Chest feel tight.. Cannot sleep well at night..

Me also feel condition worsen. Good thing is the after taste in my mouth seems to subside but bad thing is I am vomitting more frequently than before.

Maybe need to wait until week 14-15 then things will improve.

Back