(2015/08) Aug 2015 Mummies

Just got up from a nap and intensity feels the same as before I napped. I know cramping is supposed to be normal but this is the first time in the 7 weeks that I feel that it's slightly painful.

high 5! Maybe we have the same neighbour, he also 3 kids. Then hor, recently we received a note from Town Council saying that our downstairs neighbour complained got cigarette butts being thrown to their level. I am wondering is it our neighbour because my house only me and hubby and we both don't smoke! I was telling hubby, please ask Town Council don't be so silly la, they think the cigarette butt won't get flown around by wind meh?

I think they are not supposed to smoke along common corridor leh but still.... And the family like to chain all their bicycles along the common staircase, I always said nx time got fire, got no space for people to escape lo. So inconsiderate.

Yah, I also scare those people will beat us up or take revenge so don't dare say anything lo. Somemore some people nowadays all very violent 1.
My neighbour also! Occupy whole stretch although he didnt block the walkway but i see liao buay song. So i must mark my territory before he starts occupying my side wif his barang. Last time he used to burn joss paper outside his hse. The whole ceilong is black. I complained to town council twice abt this neighbour.

Yum yum ..... I luv the fillet O' fish fr mac but get tired of the fries. How i wish they have the A&W onion rings.
Lol. I love A&W curly fries thou. So i make do with the twister fries nw. And thou i know i cant but i order burger with extra tartar sauce.

The twister fries is out from Mac, can go eat. :)
Onion rings, can go BK too. :)
Waiting for the Chicken prosperity burger to come out from Mac. Was telling hubby yesterday I am not going to patronise Mac until they come out with chicken. Why always don't come out beef and chicken together and worse is the other day, they actually broadcast the wrong advertisement and showed the chicken version, made me happy, thought that chicken came out first for this year.

Haiz... I feel my MS quite frequent. Today I almost want to puke at lunch liao and I almost got the urge to tell my cols. End up I have to drink lemon tea to curb the nausea. Eating rather little every meal.
Lemon tea is my favourite but can drink?? Coz got tea content.
Try take something sour. Maybe it helps?

Lemon tea is my favourite but can drink?? Coz got tea content.
Try take something sour. Maybe it helps?

Yah, am worried about the tea content too but then really no choice and don't have much choice at the drinks stall so I made do.
I googled and some advices are can drink but not too much, due to sugar level. Maybe not a lot of tea content?

My neighbour also! Occupy whole stretch although he didnt block the walkway but i see liao buay song. So i must mark my territory before he starts occupying my side wif his barang. Last time he used to burn joss paper outside his hse. The whole ceilong is black. I complained to town council twice abt this neighbour.
Some people are just so inconsiderate de lo...

Just got up from a nap and intensity feels the same as before I napped. I know cramping is supposed to be normal but this is the first time in the 7 weeks that I feel that it's slightly painful.

Do you want to give your gynae a call if you are really worried?

Lol. I love A&W curly fries thou. So i make do with the twister fries nw. And thou i know i cant but i order burger with extra tartar sauce.
Hmm.. As long as can swallow it and so far no problem, maybe can eat ba.
Though like not supposed to but sometimes it is the only thing we feel like eating. sob sob. :(

Waiting for the Chicken prosperity burger to come out from Mac. Was telling hubby yesterday I am not going to patronise Mac until they come out with chicken. Why always don't come out beef and chicken together and worse is the other day, they actually broadcast the wrong advertisement and showed the chicken version, made me happy, thought that chicken came out first for this year.

Haiz... I feel my MS quite frequent. Today I almost want to puke at lunch liao and I almost got the urge to tell my cols. End up I have to drink lemon tea to curb the nausea. Eating rather little every meal.

Waa ... tks tks for info ... maybe I asked my mum not to cook and I go for mac today.
U don't take beef too?

I at home v chiam, keep ransack my fridge.

Ur coll still dunno yet, u r really good in hiding ... keke ...
Hang on there, reaching 2nd tri soon ...

Hi just to check... Is oscar test or harmony test same is detailed scan? Or is it 2 different things entirely.
Im coming into my 11 weeks. I see some mummies saying going for harmony by week 12.

Oscar test is scan + blood test. Risk factor is based on ratio and the rate is around $500 (scan + blood test) , Harmony is known to be 90% accurate, blood test and has to send to US lab for testing but price range around $900-$1300.
Maybe u will like to google more or check with your gynae?

I m hungry again .... maybe get some of these as snacks. :D

Waa ... tks tks for info ... maybe I asked my mum not to cook and I go for mac today.
U don't take beef too?

I at home v chiam, keep ransack my fridge.

Ur coll still dunno yet, u r really good in hiding ... keke ...
Hang on there, reaching 2nd tri soon ...

Oscar test is scan + blood test. Risk factor is based on ratio and the rate is around $500 (scan + blood test) , Harmony is known to be 90% accurate, blood test and has to send to US lab for testing but price range around $900-$1300.
Maybe u will like to google more or check with your gynae?

I m hungry again .... maybe get some of these as snacks. :D

Yah, I don't take beef. You too?
If hungry then just go ahead and get them for snacks. :D
Can eat is better than cannot eat. :)

I suggest u call up your gynae and check if can go for scan. Although no bleeding but i guess it would be safer for gynae to do a check.

Hi All. Am not really new to this tread. Been reading all comments here since im 5weeks+. This is my #1 but 2nd pregnancy and was not sure whether to join in here or not as kinda pangtang cos did not have a smooth one earlier. Am in my 9th week now and am enjoying reading all messages here too. So finally built up my courage to join in with u ladies here. =D
@Mummyof3jays Can you add mi to FB grp too? My email ID is [email protected]. Thank you. ^^

hi @shadajie , there is nno add friends on your fb..
maybe u wanna add me instead https://www.facebook.com/gloria.liu.3154

I cant stand strong perfume and smoke too... So if I am walking or waiting at traffic lights, I got no choice but to cover my nose and mouth when smokers are near. It seems abit impolite but I cannot tahan and I scare the 2nd hand smoke will harm my baby. Yesterday I almost gag at the traffic lights because of the smell...

i cant stand fried food smell..

Reminds me of my ex colleague, her perfume is like kinda stale. Overnight perfume smell and I told her, she say is like that one lah .... :confused:

I ate alot too and I do not dare to step on the weighing scale. Whenever the ms coming, I will look for something to munch too.

I feel below 30, Oscar will be sufficient. However u might like to check with your gynae.

Find something to do like surfing the forum and divert the thoughts. :D

thanks Sane!! Will check with gynae....likely gg for OSCARS...

Happy that today i saw my little one. So amazing that can see leg too though only one month since the last visit. Hope we all go thru first tri smoothly! Counting down...

Used to have a smoker sitting near me. But she left..now another one has strong perfume smell. Feel like applying my own essential oil.

I have use to have a colleague who like to use sanitizer and seat behind me. I hate the smell whenever she uses it. Now change to another colleague who like to spray perfume and is those cheap kind the smell is bad.

Really envy your can eat baked rice and stuff. Now I cant even cook, I cant prepare meals, will gag.
My husband keep asking me to eat broccoli too, the other day I tried... yucks, want to puke out. Save me! lol.

Understand how you feel, given your previous experience. I will be worry sick too. Sometimes men don't understand de, only we ladies understand. :)

I bought S26 and regretted.. so far only drank twice. :(
If u hv lots gas & burps often, avoid broccoli as it will induce more gas

It is a "he" who offered u bread so dun think can make them understand. Guys anything can fill stomach ok already....i already run out of ideas what to eat as snacks in between meals. I like warm food but not convenient to have warm stuff all the time so sometimes just eat granola bars but getting so sick of it already. Last time used to have a ya kun at my office and i will eat the french toast but well no more...

Yah, I was thinking of the 'he' too! Sometimes my husband also asked me, what do you want to eat? I tell him, I really don't know, I don't see it, I don't know if I will puke or not. I cannot visualise. I may think I want to eat but when it is placed in front of me, I just want to gag.
And I ran out of things to eat too, until I don't want eat then hungry and nausea... Haiz. Totally feel like eat nothing.

Totally feel you!
Sometimes feel so lousy then will get frustrated at them why they so insensitive keep asking what I wanna eat when I'm feeling so awful LOL

Yaya, *high 5!
Although sometimes also feel bad because I think they are trying to accommodate to our eating preference, just that at this stage, really hard la.
Actually I feel even more troublesome with colleagues nowadays because they still don't know I am pregnant (think totally no suspect, even talk about menses with me. LOL) so sometimes I have to go to places where I may not have much to eat. So maybe it is still better to be at a place with husband, at least they can give in to us.

Boy am I glad to know that I'm not alone in this "I dunno what to eat situation"...every lunch and dinner is a chore. My husband tries to accommodate me but he also run out of ideas and like you all said, he can't understand why I dun want this or that. Hungry also nauseous, too full also nauseous...

Lucky Sane who knows what her comfort food is. Recently I tried all my 'old' fave food but somehow my taste has changed and I need to find 'new' fave food or craving for the 'rainy days'. Hope to find something soon.

Hi all mothers-to-be

I have been following this thread for sometime and really glad to have found this forum.
Thank God for all of you who are giving encouragement and advice to each other. :)

I am currently 8 weeks pregnant in my first pregnancy... a bit unexpected as i got married last Nov... so was a little sudden for me.
EDD is Aug 21 and I am with Dr John Yam. He is quite jovial and nice to speak with; but his Sat's appointments are very full and hence the time we have with him is rather short. Guess it's common with most gynae..

I also experienced light spotting and backaches last Dec as my work consist of fieldwork and hence, i need to walk quite a bit...
Given some "An-tai" medicine by Dr Yam and it is running out. He also said no need to continue if no spotting.
However, i am a bit worried as i have more fieldwork visits scheduled in Feb and the months ahead. Not sure if i should request for the med as it seems like i have to continue the field visits... i also experienced acne outbreak while on the medication... not sure if any one of you experienced that.

MS so far is also episodic... it sets in when i am hungry and i have to eat every 1.5 hours... so far i have put on 3kgs. :(

Seems like most of you are doing either Oscars or Harmony Test .
I am a bit undecided between the both.
Am more inclined towards Harmony as it appears to be a more advanced test... but it costs a lot more.
Would OSCAR test suffice given that i am below 30 years old?
Thanks!
Welcome babe, I'm also with doc John Yam & my edd is 25 Aug, we are pretty close. There's another mummy in this thread also with him and doing harmony test on 20 Jan. She will update once it's done, from there u might get a better idea. Congrats & rest well!

Twister fries is out??? I've been going to the drive thru for the past 3 days but they only have normal fries & beef prosperity burger. Tmr I go bug them again. And my mum loves the chicken prosperity burger so she's eagerly waiting. Why can't they have both at the launch? Lame to stagger it coz not everyone eats beef. I've been eating filet O fish too! My toddler loves it but I crave for mcspicy. I wanna eat it now as I type! Lol

Twister fries is out??? I've been going to the drive thru for the past 3 days but they only have normal fries & beef prosperity burger. Tmr I go bug them again. And my mum loves the chicken prosperity burger so she's eagerly waiting. Why can't they have both at the launch? Lame to stagger it coz not everyone eats beef. I've been eating filet O fish too! My toddler loves it but I crave for mcspicy. I wanna eat it now as I type! Lol

Yah, it is out! Saw it on the online delivery menu and on Mac fb, got people said they eaten the fries! Maybe is that particular outlet you went to, must bug them!

Yah lo, not everyone takes beef! When will chicken come out? :(

Yeah.. Twister fries is out since ytd.. =DD

Yah, I don't take beef. You too?
If hungry then just go ahead and get them for snacks. :D
Can eat is better than cannot eat. :)

I don't take beef and mutton :)... I see my most of my friends enjoying it but can't make myself to try.

Haha true ... now like eat for revenge. . Keke ...

thanks Sane!! Will check with gynae....likely gg for OSCARS...

Haha okok .. enjoy seeing the little one during the scan.

So sudden lo. N i feel hungry every 2 hrs!

Same same ... tats' y I make frequent trips to NTUC, stock up all my fav food. :)

Have have..prosperity curly fries.can top up

Yum yum okok tks .... will eat it soon...

Boy am I glad to know that I'm not alone in this "I dunno what to eat situation"...every lunch and dinner is a chore. My husband tries to accommodate me but he also run out of ideas and like you all said, he can't understand why I dun want this or that. Hungry also nauseous, too full also nauseous...

Lucky Sane who knows what her comfort food is. Recently I tried all my 'old' fave food but somehow my taste has changed and I need to find 'new' fave food or craving for the 'rainy days'. Hope to find something soon.

Don't worry is a passing phrase, u will be able to enjoy your food soon or else can find your inspiration from the mummies here.

SL share with me her yummy crab pic and I just satisfy my carvings too.
20509108615f4a2bc1fe9a68c1949bd97ac197c6.jpg

奶油螃蟹
varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphp3cAB2N.jpg

Last edited:
Hi mummies, i am a new member in this chat group. I am expecting my no. 2 after 2.5 years. Currently in my 9 weeks and feeling bloated n no appetite . Is it normal? Any advice?

Yah, it is out! Saw it on the online delivery menu and on Mac fb, got people said they eaten the fries! Maybe is that particular outlet you went to, must bug them!

Yah lo, not everyone takes beef! When will chicken come out? :(
I went to the ARC Mac drive thru. I also asked them when will the chicken be out but they said will be nearer to CNY. Just saw the mac advertisement on TV, never promote the curly fries leh. Tmr must must go satisfy my cravings

Hi ladies, I was reading up on the effects of caffeine during pregnancy and thought this would be a useful article to share.
http://www.babycenter.com/caffeine-during-pregnancy

There is no conclusive study, but pregnant women always want "to play safe" so the recommended limit per day is 200 milligrammes, which is about a cup of coffee.
Check out the charts on this webpage for the amount of caffeine in your favourite drink (I don't see lemon tea, but should be about the same as regular tea) http://www.babycentre.co.uk/a3955/caffeine-and-pregnancy-whats-safe

Hope this helps to put some of your concerns whether a cup of lemon tea / tea / coffee is okay.

I'm quite angry.. when I told my hubby that I want to eat kambing soup..
He say... my dad say cannot eat mutton... go check whether can it or not... then I checked.. is some old wives tales that say cannot eat...
but I hv the craving n u want to stop me??!! Then how... haiz.. i just want the soup.. and maybe 2 or 3 pcs of mutton.. make me so frustrated. . Ask me to call n check with my gynae.. ...

He say... my dad say cannot eat mutton... go check whether can it or not... then I checked.. is some old wives tales that say cannot eat...
but I hv the craving n u want to stop me??!! Then how... haiz.. i just want the soup.. and maybe 2 or 3 pcs of mutton.. make me so frustrated. . Ask me to call n check with my gynae.. ...

hush hush, don't angry, cool down for the baby.
Maybe you compromise with your hubby to only drink the soup and don't take the meat?

Hi, I've been silently reading this thread when I know I'm pregrant but dare not to post anything as never went for check up until yesterday

Currently I'm 10 wks pregrant and 1st time MTB, saw my little baby heart beat and body shape forming, it was a wonderful feeling.

It was nice thread as I do have my share of MS n donor wad to eat esp for the past 10 wks. Lucky my hubby is very understanding when I say I got sudden craving, esp lor Kee where I put a lot of vinegar n I feel better after eating it

Do add me in fb, my email is [email protected]

Hi mummies, i am a new member in this chat group. I am expecting my no. 2 after 2.5 years. Currently in my 9 weeks and feeling bloated n no appetite . Is it normal? Any advice?
Me too... Can try to drink 100plus to burp yourself?
I don't have appetite, but just try to eat little to prevent myself from being hungry, already lost abit of weight, on weighing machine.

I went to the ARC Mac drive thru. I also asked them when will the chicken be out but they said will be nearer to CNY. Just saw the mac advertisement on TV, never promote the curly fries leh. Tmr must must go satisfy my cravings

Don't know why no advertisement but the fries are out.
In fact, previously, they had another wrong broadcast which showed the fries before it came out. Haha.. I very free, keep noticing the wrong advertisements.

U all kept talking about Mac, that I asked hubby to get fillet o fish and twister fries tonight for dinner. Not sure if I can eat w/o vomiting or not, but just try lor.

I also want to be added to fb and my email [email protected]

Hi ladies, I was reading up on the effects of caffeine during pregnancy and thought this would be a useful article to share.

There is no conclusive study, but pregnant women always want "to play safe" so the recommended limit per day is 200 milligrammes, which is about a cup of coffee.
Check out the charts on this webpage for the amount of caffeine in your favourite drink (I don't see lemon tea, but should be about the same as regular tea) http://www.babycentre.co.uk/a3955/caffeine-and-pregnancy-whats-safe

Hope this helps to put some of your concerns whether a cup of lemon tea / tea / coffee is okay.

Thanks dear for sharing.. currently ice lemon tea/passion tea/fruit tea is my fav beverage:D:D

Look at the funny side ... maybe to him, sheep year cannot eat sheep :D

To appease him, maybe u just call and let them have a piece of mind. Cool down.

Hi, I've been silently reading this thread when I know I'm pregrant but dare not to post anything as never went for check up until yesterday

Currently I'm 10 wks pregrant and 1st time MTB, saw my little baby heart beat and body shape forming, it was a wonderful feeling.

It was nice thread as I do have my share of MS n donor wad to eat esp for the past 10 wks. Lucky my hubby is very understanding when I say I got sudden craving, esp lor Kee where I put a lot of vinegar n I feel better after eating it

Do add me in fb, my email is [email protected]

Welcome and have a safe and smooth pregnancy ;)

Me too... Can try to drink 100plus to burp yourself?
I don't have appetite, but just try to eat little to prevent myself from being hungry, already lost abit of weight, on weighing machine.

Don't know why no advertisement but the fries are out.
In fact, previously, they had another wrong broadcast which showed the fries before it came out. Haha.. I very free, keep noticing the wrong advertisements.

It's good then whenever got good offer, nice food can share share here :D

Ask him to call Gynae himself to ask! On the positive side, he cares about you and baby la, so don't be so angry...

My hubby also don't allow me to eat many things but sometimes I cannot take it so secretly eat a little bit.

Ask him to call Gynae himself to ask! On the positive side, he cares about you and baby la, so don't be so angry...

My hubby also don't allow me to eat many things but sometimes I cannot take it so secretly eat a little bit. ;)

Lol.. i was angry for the moment of rejection.. feeling the emotion running wild..
He called my gynae.. n he says l the nurse dun sound sure... then I give him the kkh helpline.. The nurse give him the same ans.. can eat!..

Wahahah.. guess I was also being childish..

Chicken prosperity meal is out!!! And curly fries! I just dabao at the drive thru!
Yay! Finally, chicken is out! Calling out to @sane!

Lol.. i was angry for the moment of rejection.. feeling the emotion running wild..
He called my gynae.. n he says l the nurse dun sound sure... then I give him the kkh helpline.. The nurse give him the same ans.. can eat!..

Wahahah.. guess I was also being childish..

It is okie.. must be the hormones that is making you feel this way.
Sometimes my husband also curb me eat this, eat that. Then I also pulled my face down. haha.

After reading through briefly, I decided to stop myself from drinking ice lemon tea today. Take a break. hehe.
Thanks for the share!

U all kept talking about Mac, that I asked hubby to get fillet o fish and twister fries tonight for dinner. Not sure if I can eat w/o vomiting or not, but just try lor.
I also want to be added to fb and my email [email protected]
Try to eat slowly and just in small portion, maybe like that, won't vomit out so easily.

Back