(2015/07) Jul 2015 mummies

Hmmm... I have to tender because there's no such thing as unpaid leave during pregnancy for my co. I can choose to cont flying after I give birth, but even so, I won't have any pay during this pregnancy period which will be tough. So that's why I'm looking for a job.. Oh dear! I'm so sorry to hear that abt your job. I hope you'll find something soon! Don't give up ok

Ur job is indeed very unfair, like that there's no medical claim or leave for u and no maternity leave.
I want to look for a part time job but right now feeling very lazy so nua at home first, surf net and watch TV :D

@csy1 yes I am... I cannot auto change to the ground position. Still must quit first then if got any vacancies then apply as any other prospective employee.

@felinalyl @sane yeah... so I actually know that I won't have any maternity benefits when I decided to be a crew... it's just that I was planning to stop flying end of this year, find a stable ground job, then try for a baby... heheheh.. but I guess the baby part came earlier.

Btw, is taking chest X-Ray really a no-no for pregnant ladies? Or actually it's ok, just that to be on the safe side better not to do? :)

@csy1 yes I am... I cannot auto change to the ground position. Still must quit first then if got any vacancies then apply as any other prospective employee.

@felinalyl @sane yeah... so I actually know that I won't have any maternity benefits when I decided to be a crew... it's just that I was planning to stop flying end of this year, find a stable ground job, then try for a baby... heheheh.. but I guess the baby part came earlier.

Btw, is taking chest X-Ray really a no-no for pregnant ladies? Or actually it's ok, just that to be on the safe side better not to do? :)
Nono on taking xray.

Hi All! currently 12 weeks + pregnant and did my OSCAR scan yesterday.. at the same time went for consultation with my Gynae, found out that there are traces of glucose in my pee :(

im still having morning sickness, usually attacks me at night.. so i cant eat normal dinner food (ie, rice, veggie, meat, soup and fish). Actually every meal is a challenge to me.. but dinner is the worst. :( because of this, my gynae prescribed multi vitamins, fish oil and cal pills. i think my body is not rejecting fish oil and cal pills, but the multi vitamins pill doesnt seem to sit well with me. sigh... its such a vicious cycle.. i cant eat nutritious food so need to go on vitamins, but body also reject vitamins..

am worried for the sake of the little baby inside.. anyone else facing the same thing as me? or any suggestions to share?

Hi All! currently 12 weeks + pregnant and did my OSCAR scan yesterday.. at the same time went for consultation with my Gynae, found out that there are traces of glucose in my pee :(

im still having morning sickness, usually attacks me at night.. so i cant eat normal dinner food (ie, rice, veggie, meat, soup and fish). Actually every meal is a challenge to me.. but dinner is the worst. :( because of this, my gynae prescribed multi vitamins, fish oil and cal pills. i think my body is not rejecting fish oil and cal pills, but the multi vitamins pill doesnt seem to sit well with me. sigh... its such a vicious cycle.. i cant eat nutritious food so need to go on vitamins, but body also reject vitamins..

am worried for the sake of the little baby inside.. anyone else facing the same thing as me? or any suggestions to share?

Dun worry, just try to eat whatever u can, even if it means fast food or junk food. Bb will get nutrients from mummy's body.. Try also if taking small meals will help?

Dun worry, just try to eat whatever u can, even if it means fast food or junk food. Bb will get nutrients from mummy's body.. Try also if taking small meals will help?

Actually I don't think the gynae prescribe those supplement pills to you because of your morning sickness. I'm also on those same pills, but I haven't been vomiting so far *cross fingers*. So don't worry too much ok? Just eat whatever you can. Take small small meals, chew slowly, easier on your stomach. Jiayou!!! Things will get better!

Hi fellow-mummies-to-be, Ive been a silent reader for a while, expecting my first one in mid July. So far feeling ok. Very encouraged by the posts here. :)

What's nipt?
Yeah I feel my gassy and bloatedness going away slowly... Starting to eat now also ha

Ohhhh I went to Google, nipt = non invasive prenatal testing. From the description it sounds like harmony testing.
qqing I only did Oscar testing coz it's much much cheaper, few hundred dollars compared to harmony test which is about $1.3k I think. But of course the results won't be as accurate. Which are you going to do?

I'm doing a different test- panorama. Shd be similar to harmony. Both are non-invasive. Doc wants me to do oscar as well but I have not decided.

Hi girls, I've been a silent reader. Only after yesterday's visit then confirm confirm foetus is ok then decided to speak. Lol I'm a 2nd time mom, did Oscar yesterday. Can't seem to find a CL, July seemed to be a hot month for babies! Anyway nice to meet all of u! Can add me to fb group? [email protected]

I'm doing a different test- panorama. Shd be similar to harmony. Both are non-invasive. Doc wants me to do oscar as well but I have not decided.

I did this test too. Expecting results this or next week. Did because I am quite paranoid and this is my first child. I'm not 35 yet though.
Strangely the worries hit me more than I ever though it would. I thought it would be a more accurate test than Oscar as it is a chromosomal test (99% accuracy). My gynae did mention that the stats for false positive for Oscar is higher.

Keeping fingers crossed.

Actually if there is no medical or family history and within acceptable age gap, the risk should not be high right?

Actually if there is no medical or family history and within acceptable age gap, the risk should not be high right?
I initially thought so too.. but recently i have had news of friends'/relatives' newly born children having illnesses that were undetected and/or chromosomal issues that arose during pregnancy and hence decided to be extra careful so at least we could be mentally and emotionally prepared.

I initially thought so too.. but recently i have had news of friends'/relatives' newly born children having illnesses that were undetected and/or chromosomal issues that arose during pregnancy and hence decided to be extra careful so at least we could be mentally and emotionally prepared.

Stay happy n positive, don't let the negative thoughts affect u. :)

Hi ladies I couldn't add all of u. Can u pls check ur FB privacy settings n make sure ur email is searchable n I can add u?

Pls pm me with ur email once done as I might miss out msgs here

How come u have to tender? I thought just take unpaid leave till your delivery?
I got kick out by the Co, got pregnant before the probation :(
I am looking for a part time too cause don't think any co want to employ a pregnant lady

I hope the reason that they kicked you out was not due to you being preggy lorrr... so unfair :mad:

Ladies, if u have not been added to my FB it's either ur email can't be found or I can't add u. Please check ur privacy settings. Thanks.

I hope the reason that they kicked you out was not due to you being preggy lorrr... so unfair :mad:
Just curious, what do you ladies do in the FB ah? :rolleyes:

U mean in FB group chat? Chat about pregnancy woes, rants .... I posted this in another group chat about my lousy previous co:

"I was asked to leave by my ex co within 2 days on 29dec14. The reason they gave for not confirming my probation was I never bring in sales nor has any clients. I find it really ridiculous because I was not given a single day of product training.
The only type of "training" that I got was to have notes thrown to u and u have to complete the tasks 100% up to their expectations. Any mistakes = your fault.
Hired as a senior service exec but was told to order stationeries/groceries, answering phone calls, arranging courier and to serve other execs like their maid.
In the end, the table was turned around and say I never bring in sales.
I felt sore because being in the workforce for so long , I have never being asked to leave before.
The real reason was pretty obvious, which co will want to hire a pregnant staff who took frequent mc due to bad ms and shortly another 4 months maternity leave.
However no really hard feel because since they don't find me suitable, i dont find them suitable too. This is not the type of co that I want to commit myself into."

Back