(2015/07) Jul 2015 mummies

Tinkle_stars & sasa_xie, hope you all get well soon! I might go see Dr tonight too, hubby passed his virus to my girl and me... Sigh now whole family down with running nose and cough. What a way to start the new year zzzzz

Dear mummies to be, where did u all go oscar scan? Did u all take up the package of oscar & fa @ 20 weeks? How much does it costs?

I have been coughing, fever, block nose for 2 weeks liao. went doc twice. n was prescribe antibiotic. keep vomiting, even thou oni had a bowl of soup for dinner. horrible feeling now....

hello all! newly joined! :)

@bluegal84 hello, i went to Thomson medical for the scan. paid ard $500+ for the oscar & the-dunno-what-scan at 20th week~
@ferendipity hello! i totally eat the same as u! previously was egg mayo, chips, mac fries, TOMYUM, maggie goreng etc.. current craving is hotdog. at like, around 3-5 per day. i duno my wt gain is due to my bump or my eating. lol. and the best part is, i hate plain water.

I have been coughing, fever, block nose for 2 weeks liao. went doc twice. n was prescribe antibiotic. keep vomiting, even thou oni had a bowl of soup for dinner. horrible feeling now....

get well soon babe. I was sick when i first get to know about my preg. try drinking lots of water to flush it all out. like really 'JUST DRINK'. :)

Dear mummies to be, where did u all go oscar scan? Did u all take up the package of oscar & fa @ 20 weeks? How much does it costs?

ur gynae nv ask u go for the scan? i did not do oscar or harmony. decided to jus do detailed scan at 20 weeks. before that my gynae quoted me oscar at 300++. went for my 12 weeks scan yday and drew 4 tubes of blood for HIV tests etc. omg nearly fainted cos i nv eat. my gynae also helped me scan the water at the neck area even though i didnt do oscar and was told it's looks gd.:D

stay strong! im like u too. been coughing for 1 mth but i tink it's partly due to the excessive vomiting so i nv get to recover. i v stubborn and did not take meds anyway hahaha. even though im past 12 weeks alrdy but im still vomiting everyday.

Oh. Didnt know doc able to do scan water at neck area.. I draw blood on my 10 weeks... Think a few tubes too lo.. Been fluish n vomitting... Nothing taste good though... Hopefully the vomitting will go away soon... Cant eat much.. Weight also dropped 2kg liao

Hi!
Joined upon my friend's recommendation.

Can I have fellow mummies' take on taking supplements? Just entered 13 week. Doc is prescribing:
fish oil 1x morning
Calcium 2 pills 1x night
Multi vit 1x (I take at night)

Feels abit excessive and really have problem swallowing w the MS. N I have friends where their gynae did not prescribe/gave them the option to take or not.

Thinking if I can take less ( maybe alternate days or sth)
Any advice?:oops:

@Cindy1401 i just got my supplements today.
Similar to you except calcium pill i think mine is only 1ea. Maybe yr dosage is different bah, that's why need 2ea.

Multi-vitamins and diary products/calcium need to gap at least 2 hours. How come yrs take together ah?

mummies, is it okie to continue taking folic acid even if i start on supplements? aiyo i blur blur go and buy a new packet 2 weeks ago when i actualyl still have alot left. The nurse tell me not necessary but wasteful leh

Hi!
Joined upon my friend's recommendation.

Can I have fellow mummies' take on taking supplements? Just entered 13 week. Doc is prescribing:
fish oil 1x morning
Calcium 2 pills 1x night
Multi vit 1x (I take at night)

Feels abit excessive and really have problem swallowing w the MS. N I have friends where their gynae did not prescribe/gave them the option to take or not.

Thinking if I can take less ( maybe alternate days or sth)
Any advice?:oops:
Cindy thats alot of pills! Wouldnt your multi vits contain the calcium and dha already?

My pills dosage same as cindy, but i also got v bad MS so i take as and when i can. If nt puke also wasted. I dont take all in one day n try to alternate them until my MS get better. (Better than nth lol) my multivit is called iberet folic n gynae says to stop folic cos this alrdy contains folic acid. Dont double dose.

Take calcium pills cnt take with iron pills and cnt take with dairy and milk products. So im guessing whole day no need eat jus take supplements can liao. LOL.

@csy1 my calcium pill dosage is 500mg per pill. Meaning I'm suppose to take 1000mg a day -_-

My multi vit was self bought from watsons pharmacy ( brand: new Orbimin. meant for preggies), so doctor didn't recommend day/night to take, hence took at night. Thanks for the info not to take it together!
@sugarling yeah. There is 32.5mg of calcium in the multivit!

Kinda worried, coz am not drinking much water too. (Sometimes will puke water after drinking) Dunno if too much pills will do more harm then good...

Heading towards 12 weeks and I am sooooo looking forward to the end of the horrible MS. The MS strike fully on week 8 and it get really challenging, making me so moody and terrible for the whole day.
Now at least it only comes in at night and I really hope it subside soon.
Mommasg50, I ate so much junk food, carve for roti prata (made me burp curry the whole day), pizza, kfc, mac bfast (especially sausage macmuffin), subway (consider junk)??
Recently carve for sushi ...... and avoided desserts that I love the best.
Dessert used to be a must but now not so much into sweet stuff except fruits.

Has anyone experienced a gastric-like pain during the early days of the second trimester? Last night I had a scare when just before dinner, I felt this strong feeling similar to gastric and a sharp pain in the chestbone (not sure but more accurately it's between the breasts). Vomited the bit of food I ate for tea and couldn't take dinner. I think I shocked my mum... Is it likely to be a form of heartburn?

Has anyone experienced a gastric-like pain during the early days of the second trimester? Last night I had a scare when just before dinner, I felt this strong feeling similar to gastric and a sharp pain in the chestbone (not sure but more accurately it's between the breasts). Vomited the bit of food I ate for tea and couldn't take dinner. I think I shocked my mum... Is it likely to be a form of heartburn?
More likely to be heartburn. I have that on and off too. U feeling alright now?

Any mummies opting for Oscar or harmony test?
I am opting for Oscar as Harmony is too ex :(

Quite excited because for the last pregnancy, Oscar test can actually reveal the gender of the baby.

For mine, 13-14 weeks can already tell the gender.

@Cindy1401 mine is new obimin too.

@sane i took oscar. so good can know gender. i only got to know my #1 gender ard 18 weeks thru detailed scan. somemore is i ask the sonographer haha

@sane yes I am better now, thank you. I read about heartburn too so i guess that's what it is.

Just didn't quite expect the impact, I was rolling about on the sofa and trying to catch my breath. Sigh.

I did Oscar. The test was ok so my obgyn didn't proceed further with other tests.

@cys1, I never know we can tag so interesting. I asked the sonographer too :) so curious to know the gender.
U done the detailed scan so fast at 18 weeks? Normally at week 20.

@kokomi142, me too. I am very prone to heartburn at this stage too. Somemore tummy like lotsa air, keep burping me. It is also making feeling so nausea :( maybe try to avoid spicy and fried food.
What week did u do Oscar? Seems like many mummies already done with the test.

@sane I had the scan at 12 weeks. That was 2 weeks ago. The scan was a bit longer than the usual ultrasound and I had one vial of blood drawn. My husband and I decided to do it just to keep ourselves informed. This is our #1 so we felt like knowing as much as we can about our baby.

One more day to 2015! Blessed year ahead everyone.

@sane I had the scan at 12 weeks. That was 2 weeks ago. The scan was a bit longer than the usual ultrasound and I had one vial of blood drawn. My husband and I decided to do it just to keep ourselves informed. This is our #1 so we felt like knowing as much as we can about our baby.

One more day to 2015! Blessed year ahead everyone.
I will opt for Oscar too :) we never get sick of seeing the little one on the ultrascan.
Some advance ultrasound has the 3D scan, a friend did hers during her 3rd trimester. Not sure whether it's available here.
U too have a blessed New Year with your loved ones :)

Haven read the thread for 1 week.

I will be 12 weeks tomorrow. Am so looking forward to it. Finally end of trimester one.

MS is subsiding for me.. first time subside rather early. But still strike me here and there.

But i have another problem. I have difficulty peeing at night. Day time no problem. but when it comes to night time its a nightmare.

Can sleep at 9,30pm.

Wake up 1130pm wanting to pee - feel the urge and bladder very full. BUT CANNOT PEE OUT. Sit on toilet bowl very long and only drop by drop. wait longer n dribble out maybe 10ml or 15ml kind.

Took me a long time to just empty half my bladder. and the remaining cant come out.

3 or 4am - same thing will repeat . always clear half or 3/4 of bladder only.

7am wake up - can pee as per normally liao.

IT started like 2 to 3 weeks ago. Getting increasingly difficult to peee.... sigh... my pregnancy woes.... never ending.

I will be 12 weeks tomorrow. Am so looking forward to it. Finally end of trimester one.

MS is subsiding for me.. first time subside rather early. But still strike me here and there.

But i have another problem. I have difficulty peeing at night. Day time no problem. but when it comes to night time its a nightmare.

Can sleep at 9,30pm.

Wake up 1130pm wanting to pee - feel the urge and bladder very full. BUT CANNOT PEE OUT. Sit on toilet bowl very long and only drop by drop. wait longer n dribble out maybe 10ml or 15ml kind.

Took me a long time to just empty half my bladder. and the remaining cant come out.

IT started like 2 to 3 weeks ago. Getting increasingly difficult to peee.... sigh... my pregnancy woes.... never ending.
Consider checking for uti.. Sounds like uti

Would like more info on gestational diabetes.. Anyone can share? What is the cause of it? Does our diet actually affect and cause the onset?

@Cindy1401 many reasons....can be your diet...family history...etc. Partly also because of the body/hormones changes after u pregnant.

i had GD for #1 and same for this round. Have to take insulin jab every meal.

Hi all! I'm gonna be week 11 soon! EDD is on 25 Jul 15! This is my #1.

Is the Oscar or Harmony test I have seen in this thread the same as the test for Down syndrome? >.<

Can sleep at 9,30pm.

Any burning sensation & urge to pee frequently might be uti.
If not then bb position pressing on bladder. My colleague got 1 time run to kkh a&e to use catheter to help drain coz cannot pee at all.

Hi mummies to be, I am 11 weeks pregnant. First time mum so feeling nervous, going for 3rd scan and harmony test next week. Hopefully all good. Thanks for sharing your experience, find them helpful.

Mine is confirmed not UTI.

No frequent urination, no foul smelling urine. No cloudy urine.

I'm quite sure its the uterus pressing onto my bladder. =(

Cos for my second pregnancy, same thing happened too... I was also one of the unlucky one who had to be hospitalized and insert a cathether to drain out my peee...
so painful. i still remember it. =(

Seems like history is repeating itself again!

Hi ladies. I've not been writing for a couple of weeks I think. Been a bit depressed cause of the constant spotting. Had another episode today so I went to kkh for a scan. Turns out I am having some kind of candida. Weird that it doesn't itch. Had I not been pregnant, I will be scratching myself silly. We saw the baby jumping during the scan. 10 weeks and already so active. I definitely feel a bit better now.

Hello July Mommies! Nice to meet all of ya.. very new to forum mother group.. me here unexpectedly expecting #2 ;) my #1 is already 4yo. This pregnancy my whole body system is haywire, super lethargic and ms damme bad. Worst off ZERO appetite. Oh my.. gynae's fees has increased quite abit ugh.. any updates on recent hospital fees?

Mandy can add me to the fb group too.. [email protected].. thank u. :)

alrdy used to it le...just that have to do it discreetly. abit ma fan

Take care take care.

Hi ladies. I've not been writing for a couple of weeks I think. Been a bit depressed cause of the constant spotting. Had another episode today so I went to kkh for a scan. Turns out I am having some kind of candida. Weird that it doesn't itch. Had I not been pregnant, I will be scratching myself silly. We saw the baby jumping during the scan. 10 weeks and already so active. I definitely feel a bit better now.

I think pregnant women is prone to infection.

I feel no itchiness nor uncomfy. However my gynae did a check for me yesterday and say there's white discharge, might be infection so he issued me pills for vaginal insertion as he is afraid that it might affect the baby.

The scan also show that there's some bleeding in the womb, there might be some bleeding and go back to him if so.

Hello all!
Just to inform that the July 2015 mummies FB grp had been changed back to a secret group after discussion with the current members of the group.

I've also gotten the help from 2 members to help out as admin. JJ_JJ as well as another but I haven't got her smh nick.

So anyone who wishes to join can pm me or JJ_JJ :)

Hello all!
Just to inform that the July 2015 mummies FB grp had been changed back to a secret group after discussion with the current members of the group.

I've also gotten the help from 2 members to help out as admin. JJ_JJ as well as another but I haven't got her smh nick.

So anyone who wishes to join can pm me or JJ_JJ :)
Lol the other person is me :)

Hi Mummies!

I'm a first time mummy here, baby is at 13 weeks, edd on 7 Jul. Heheheh. Quite excited with this unexpected blessing, but also very stressed now as I just tendered from my job because we are only allowed to fly up to 3 mths of pregnancy. So now is busy hunting for a job.... cannot imagine being jobless throughout the pregnancy :( anyone got experience looking for job while being pregnant? Will anyone hire us?

Hi Mummies!

I'm a first time mummy here, baby is at 13 weeks, edd on 7 Jul. Heheheh. Quite excited with this unexpected blessing, but also very stressed now as I just tendered from my job because we are only allowed to fly up to 3 mths of pregnancy. So now is busy hunting for a job.... cannot imagine being jobless throughout the pregnancy :( anyone got experience looking for job while being pregnant? Will anyone hire us?

How come u have to tender? I thought just take unpaid leave till your delivery?
I got kick out by the Co, got pregnant before the probation :(
I am looking for a part time too cause don't think any co want to employ a pregnant lady

Hmmm... I have to tender because there's no such thing as unpaid leave during pregnancy for my co. I can choose to cont flying after I give birth, but even so, I won't have any pay during this pregnancy period which will be tough. So that's why I'm looking for a job.. Oh dear! I'm so sorry to hear that abt your job. I hope you'll find something soon! Don't give up ok

Back