(2015/07) Jul 2015 mummies

And the risk of over production is mastitis if the duct is blocked. I kenna once and the pain almost killed me. The fever go up to 41 degree. So its very important to clear your milk duct every pump or latch.

Csy1, thats when there's only 1 bb to fret over. Now for #2 i don't think i will have such luxury of time to pump so frequent. My #1 is v sticky to me. If i produce enough for this bb to go on full bm for 1 yr, I'm contented already. Don't dare expect too much.

@ellesie if retrench preggy staff can still get paid ML right?
I plan not to tell till i wear maternity, sure they all know.
Anyway my tummy bloated till nobody business liao so some colleagues already guessed right.
I also oversupply case for #1. I donated to few babies, and 1 for a year.
So Ellesie shld be no issue can feed twin de, if begining cant cope you shld be able to get donor from some of mummies here :)
Key of supply is hardwork and water.

@jj_jj, i think should be able to get paid ML. I hope so.
For my no 1, i started off with very low supply till i get donor bm from my colleague, which is oversupply. Only manage to have enough supply from 4th month onwards and continue till 23 months and she self weaned.
For the sake of the twins, i have to really be diligent to up my supply. hahaha.

Ash mum, wow, very hardworking!!! I was quite slack, just latched and latched whenever it was feeding time, thank god supply kicked in fast and matched demand. I didn't up supply more than needed coz after returning to work for a mth, I resigned and became sahm, so feeding was mostly by direct latch.

I just informed my p on the last day of the term, last Friday, coz I'm actually teaching only part time in the morning. Don't wanna shock her with my tummy when I return to teach next feb. But I told her its up to her if she prefers to start the new term with another teacher coz I will only teach for one term from feb till end may then prepare to give birth and stay home for the next half of the yr. So if she prefers to have another teacher who can take the class for one whole yr without disruption, I understand that too. So waiting for her to revert to me. But I'm just so glad term has ended, the bloating and ms has really kicked in and all I wanna do is to sleep.

Spent this morning with my gal watching Disney big hero 6, and just that then getting groceries for dinner, came home to prepare while she naps and I feel exhausted. Salute all the ftwm!

Last edited:
Ellesie,

Wow, conceived by ivf is really success!! Ur manager having gone thru it should rejoice with u, so sad that she's bitter abt it instead. Not easy going thru the conception process and finally having success!!

Ellesie,
No worry trust your body, somehow will cope with it.
Somemore you plan kena retrench, bf as direct latch will save you quite an amount $ :)
Which hospital you are planning to deliver your twin?

saraii, yes, it's a very long journey for me for conception. Tried for 8 yrs with numerous ivf, all kinds of treatments and all failed. When decided to give up, managed to naturally conceive my gal. Last year started to ttc again but still no result so decided just to give ivf another try again. If it's not meant to be, I will just be satisfied with one. Never expected this time it's a double blessing.

jj_jj, I'm with private gynae, who delivers at Mt A ,which is my choice. I only hope can carry both bbs to full terms so dun have to spend so much.
which hospital u plan to deliver?

ellesie: Don't worry too much. you will be able to handle them. In the meantime and for the rest of the 8.5months, minimize walking and rest well. you will be able to carry them to full term :)

I feel my energy level is at all time low.... everybody, especially my hb keep asking why m i so tired. I slept almost the whole day away yesterday, n KO by 1030pm. again today, i'm feeling sleepy *yawnz*... wish I can just stay at home n sleep everyday away

i also want to stay at home and sleep :(

i step into office i feel like zzzz liao...keep going for toilet break. Somemore choose the further toilet so that i walk far far...nua abit and come back

Ellesie, my #1 was delivered at Mt.A, so plan #2 should be same. My friend told me can consider Mt.E novena since it is new and charges is abt the same and some more my gynae is there. I haven't check it out yet lah.

I told my closest colleague but not my boss yet. I think he will go crazy as next year is going to be a super busy year for us. Will tell him after my 2nd appt next Mon. Hopefully everything goes well.

My 2nd appointment on 13 dec. Still very far away. I dunnoe if I can dong physically till then. Hopefully MS get better. Now really make me feel sick at certain period of the day

I've already told my boss so he knows how to work ard it for work plan next year. Honestly my team of 12 are mainly singles and I'm the only one w kids, in terms of commitment i really can't fight them. They can stay in office till 9pm but I'll choose to chop chop leave at 6 plus after finishing my stuff. So i can forget abt promotion for a long long time. But still, I'll rather choose to please my little boss at home then my boss at work. Even if it means my career will make a stand still for the next few years, I'm prepared for it..

nicokin19: i'm still waiting for my 1st appt... akan datang next Tue... :)

Ash mum: I guess that's the sacrifice we have to make as FTWM.. most impt is to have an understanding boss. Colleagues pretty difficult to have them understanding especially since they are all singles, they wouldn't know our commitments at home. I'm sure there are people who talk behind my back n etc.. but heck care lah...

Ellesie. . I'm seeing Dr. Fong too.. maybe will see you in e clinic. I very scared to go see him early cos he always give me sleeping pills aka hormone pills.. eat liao sure lethargic..

Sasa_xie, agreed. Sometimes i feel the working world is very unfair to mums. We don't work less or have an easier work load. Just because we can't stay back to OT to put up a front, we lose out in terms of competitiveness. My boss is ok, he's a guy but he's quite understanding. But he's not a parent himself so its hard for him to understand what we are going thru. And how we feel each time we need to stay back at work and miss seeing our the child that day. So i already kan kai all these..

Ellesie. . I'm seeing Dr. Fong too.. maybe will see you in e clinic. I very scared to go see him early cos he always give me sleeping pills aka hormone pills.. eat liao sure lethargic..
hahaha. it's is. I'm like a walking zombie. I have to be on maximum progesterone support until end of first trimester. All kinds of support, from oral, insert to jab. I jab until my backside no more feeling liao.
where do you plan to deliver?

jj_jj, wah we might bump into each other next time. I normally have saturday appointment so hubby and my gal can go together.

i got my EDD date! 3 July 2015
good to know that so many mummies are bf advocate. My bf journey was pathetic, partly due to ignorance, mostly due to lack of diligence. This time round i'm super motivated! Really hope to bf as long as possible. Feel bad and guilty that my elder boy has been taking FM most of the time :( hopefully can give some to him this time/

Today is one of those days I doubt myself...doubt our decision to try for #2 so fast. #1 is super clingy and wants to be carried all the time. He doesn't want others to feed him except me... by the time hub comes home from work he is already in bed. His bed time is between 7-8pm. I'm so exhausted.. This round having to deal with ms. .. no helper at home... I hope when the tummy grows bigger my #1 can understand better. Sighs

Jiayou everyone. My MS confirmed creep in liao. Vomited 2x today already. Feel so good after puking..

I'm gonna deliver at sgh. My #1 and #2 also there.

Anyone confirm your CL already ? Or planning to confirm soon ?

Just a gentle reminder. Good CL need to be chop early.

ellesie, I also gg sat de with hub & my boy. Now I report every wed + sat for jab, butt pain from jab.
I can't imagine my friend jab everyday.

Spoiltbrat, we have not created FB grp yet. Waiting for first trimester to end.

Mammypok0, is ur edd e earliest here?

I also have not told my boss but she knows I'll be seeing Gynae next wk cos I had been having giddy spells but tested negative n blood test also shows normal. Will only tell her after my first Gynae appt.

Zzzz monster also keep attacking me especially since ydae. Feel like a walking zombie at work

Mummies who r having #2 now, what do we have to prepare or take note of?

Like sleeping arrangement, car seat, childcare etc.

Btw anyone using the smh app on iPhone? Do u rec any notification?

jj_jj, when is ur next appt? Mine next sat at 10.45. Ya, very sian with the jab. Mine 3x a week n I go gp for the jab. Some doc very lousy. After the jab, it will b painful for days.
For my no #1, my mom is my cl. For now, I dunno whether to get cl or not. But for twins the charges is horrendous :(

I haven't thought so far ahead yet of arrangements... currently my girl is in her own room, so maybe baby sleep with us first then when older share room with #1? But my first appt is only next Mon and I'm very paranoid, so won't be making any plans for new ha...

Anyone having bad nausea? I'm feeling as if I'm perpetually seasick... can be sitting at the sofa watching my girl play and then just hit by sudden giddiness. Wasn't like that at all for my #1

Yallo, I'm the same as u. I see my girl walk here n there I also feel giddy. I also don't have such prob for #1.
Hope everything goes well for us for our first appt next wk. before I finally tested positive I was afraid it's an ectopic pregnancy cos my hcg level was not high enuff for a positive even thou my menses was late for a week.

Jj_jj, your mother very steady! Can be your CL! That time I delivered three weeks early and my mother had to last minute help out to fill the gap until my CL arrived, and I think she was so super stressed out during that time, I felt very bad after that. So this time I'll definitely get a CL.

Ellesie, congrats on getting twins! :)

Shan8080 Hugz must be very hard on you, handling him all alone at home. I guess have to just keep trying and talking to him, slowly brainwash? That's what I'm doing with my girl, just keep telling her I cannot carry her because there's a baby in my tummy, my back will be very painful etc etc, but sometimes doesn't work she will still meltdown and I will have to carry her no choice. Jiayou and don't doubt your decision!

Jj_jj, yes. I get from them and go gp to jab. So no need to rush here and there. Our appt is on same day but mine later timing.

Hello mummies. For those who r interested to join FB grp I've created a secret grp since we r still in our first trimester. This grp actually branch out from the 2015 SG Mummys group which I had shared previously. If u r keen to join now u can pM me ur email n I will add u in.
Mummies who wana wait till 2nd trimester can go search for the group July 2015 Mummies. It should be a closed group from 1/1/15 onwards. :)

Hi babes, I just tested positive over the weekends. First appt this coming we'd. I doubt will see heartbeat, should be going in 2 weeks time again. This is no.2 and my boy is turning 1 year old this sat.

Thanks Mandy!

I emailed my gynae yday and she advise to stop / cut down breastfeeding, I'm a little lost now. #1 is currently coming to 4 and and he's on EBM while I stiill latch #2 and pump 4x a days. Guess I'll just hang on until I see her on the 4th Dec. #2 is 16 months old :)

Hi All, for those that has very bad ms, can try this remedy.

Two slices of ginger, one slice of lemon and a spoonful of honey. For me I put in a thermal flask with 70 degree temperature of warm water (so that vitamins will not be destroy). Sometimes, I'll opt out the ginger as to prevent from being "too heaty". Honey was brought at yummy house which the sales person said it's especially good for pregnant lady (not sure how true though).

I have tried this for a few days, ms did not completely disappear but feels much better especially when drink it warm, my stomach feels a sense of comfort after that. Hope it works for you all too.

Felinalyl, yup now is secret group n not searchable in FB. In case mummies who wana join but wana be low profile in first trimester hehe.

Ya I tink 1st jan onwards I will change it to a closed grp since everyone already moving to 2nd trimester.

Create e grp first hehe

hello all! :) tested positive few days ago, went for a pre-preg scan the next day - think should be 4-5 weeks preggers. But now currently working overseas...though can get free healthcare here - but I plan to return to SG next month to get a proper gynae!

@mandy - i PM you already to join the group :)

hahaha. it's is. I'm like a walking zombie. I have to be on maximum progesterone support until end of first trimester. All kinds of support, from oral, insert to jab. I jab until my backside no more feeling liao.
where do you plan to deliver?

For my first 2 bb both deliver at MAH.. This one will be the same too.. mainly for religious reason cos I'm a Catholic .. and they r e only non profit private hospital.

My appointment is on 6 Dec. . Lol.. e nurse nv ask for what.. So nv ask me to go earlier.

For my no.2 that time I was on 2 jabs a week 6 pills a day.. scared sia

Jj, Ellesie, do the jabs help to stabilize more? Hmm my Gynae didn't suggest jabs tho I had mc this yr and spotting initially this round. I should ask him why.

I'm seeing my Gynae at Kkh who delivered my first and also saw me thru the mc this year. Actually I'm happy with him, but coz I'm seeing him as a private patient, it doesn't work out any cheaper. So this week, I'm actually checking out another Gynae at tmc. Might as well since the rates and single bedded rates will end up similar. C how it goes.

Back