(2015/07) Jul 2015 mummies

Ellisie I do understand your case. My bb is in infant care since 3mths plus. If 2 kids, it will be very expensive even for the govt infant care. There are still time. Just think about it. If got family help, it will definitely be the best. If not actually only these few choices, maid? Nanny? Infant care? Sahm? Logistics definately take some time. With another 1, I also haven't think if I want to put infant care again.
Felinalyl and ashmum, welcome!

MiaoMiao12, Ash mum, felinaly
Welcome & congrats!
Looks like we have alot non first time mummies here :).
Noknok I was still bf my 30mths but gynae suggest to stop aft 1yr and if I'm TTC #2. He suggest stop immediate stop bf #1 , I think due to no my condition. I manage to wean him off but he still request to kiss & gam b4 nap /sleep.
Nicokin19 I heard sibling same cc or IFC got more priotity and rebates.

I can understand the heavy burden of paying for cc fees. Can be pretty taxing w more than 1 child. My mum is my caregiver for my kid. But i still send him to half day cc at 18mths for social development. Plus some enrichment classes, i spend almost 2k on 1 kid. I can't imagine having to pay for 2.. most likely I'm gonna keep #2 home till n1 because he/she has an elder bro to play and learn from at home. In this case the overlapping years for preschool is 1 year before #1 goes to pri 1. So i tell my hub, just need to pain pain tahan 1 year of paying 2 for preschool. Then it will be easier once they go pri 1 school fee only $5.

Hello ladies!!!:) I just had my Big Fat Positive yesterday!! So excited .. Sounds like it might be a end-July baby:) it's my #2.. #1 is now 15mo. Looking forward to enjoying my journey with all the mummies here! Ellesie so excited for you!

Congrats amelia - must be so exciting after 4 years! Felina.. I'm also bf-ing 15mo.. Milk is limited edition now don't know how T__T

i feel very bloated and sleepy and lightheaded .. eventhough just tested +ve .. i just feel like i can sleep anytime and any where

Ellisie I do understand your case. My bb is in infant care since 3mths plus. If 2 kids, it will be very expensive even for the govt infant care. There are still time. Just think about it. If got family help, it will definitely be the best. If not actually only these few choices, maid? Nanny? Infant care? Sahm? Logistics definately take some time. With another 1, I also haven't think if I want to put infant care again.
Felinalyl and ashmum, welcome!
My gal also with infant care since 4.5 months old. I have a maid now but dun think she can handle so many kids. Ya still got time. Will see how it goes along the way. Maybe I strike toto then I can be sahm. Haha

Amelia, I feel just as you feel for few weeks. Suddenly these 2 days like feeling normal. Also quite worrying when feel normal. Lol

ImageUploadedByForum1416128986.839145.jpg

Hello to all mummies who just join the group!

Just to share I'm actually in this group call 2015 SG Mummys. Maybe you would be interested to join the group too. :)

Noknok- Wow how u do it ? U still pump or latch. Or both ?

The missus- your #1 almost same age as my #2 too.

Sigh. My #2 rejecting fm. I let him try. He retch n make the vomiting sound

Hi mummies, how do you juggle with your preg and your kids? Ytd I had spotting and was prescribe medicine 3x times a day.. Today spot again and saw some very light pink color.. Getting tired too.. My son is very cranky recently.. Not sure if he sense my preggy n so that cranky n keep wanting me to carry..

How to have a complete rest and lesser movement with 18mths kid?

Ellisie,

Hope you find a good career opening soon to ease your worries.

Amelia,
Congrats!!! I totally understand trying for number for this long! My number two is also 4plus now. A great joy to finally be expecting a sibling.

My food cravings are raging this time. All I can do is think of the next meal, then when it comes, barely eat half of it, then quickly brush my teeth and suck on mint. Then nap, awake with a churning Tummy and think of the next thing to grab to eat again only to repeat the cycle of only managing to eat half or less.

Noknok wow how do you do it? Did you nurse through your 2nd pregnancy too? Can you share your experience?

Felinalyl.. Yay haha.. 15mo they still quite blur don't know what's happening.

Carissa oh dear can try to find time to rest?

I got mc from min to fri.. Hopefully I get fully rest during these days.. Fri will have another round of check up.. Hopefully everything is alright..

I have history so kind of worry.. :(

Armmm.. I am a sahm.. stopped work after maternity leave when my no. 1 at that point of time refuse to take bottle and was like drinking 30 - 50 ml only in ifc.. spoon fed.. most went to her clothes i believe..she was 4 month old. So I latch on all e way.

Got pregnant with no. 2 and latch on throughout that pregnancy too.. gynae suggested I stop but my stubborn girl refuse to drink fm.. was on both jabs and pills for first trim... did not have much cramps or contraction felt so I continued. My kids are 2.5 years apart.. So after 1 yo, their main intake is food so not so bad.

When didi came out, I dun wan her to feel that 'oh, didi out then I dun have milk.. I dun like didi' so I continue letting her latch on.. There were times where both of them had one boob each.. somehow they find comfortable position.. very funny one.. and my nipple kind of toughened already. Lol.

Nowadays, my elder one only latch on 5 min before sleeping.. more of comfort latch. She says she is going to stop when sch term starts. Let's see if that is e case.

Maybe cos I latch all e way.. my milk kick in way faster for 2nd bb. N I'm glad my elder one is around.. cos she helps a lot in clearing block ducts.

Noknok you have enough milk for #1 while pregnant with #2 ? Even now ? Enough milk for #1 and #2 ??

Sorry so many qn.

My #1 I tbf him till 11 months - so no issue.

Now my #2 14 months alr n still latching. He goes ifc and I provide 3x 150ml for ifc.

Lately I'm struggling to even pump out 300 ml. Omg. I'm so dead.

And he is refusing fm.. The pregnancy has cause my milk supply to drop. Will it even come back up ?

Can we still take nursing tea ?

Wow so many new mummies to be here! Congrats to all!

Noknok you're really amazing, can tahan for so long! I was in a similar situation, my girl refused bottles so I gave up after a while (it was just so mentally draining trying to battle with her every day) and just latched all the way. But I stopped when she turned 1yo and gave her fresh milk instead oops.

Thanks thanks.. I'm just lazy.. want milk.. just lift up my shirt..

I dun pump out one.. Cos both also reject bottle.. both drinks fresh milk or milo in cup as and when.. sometimes they prefer bm then just latch on.. So I dun have problem with supply

#1 already 4 yo la.. So if she latch nothing comes out then I just tell her no more..

I did train my #1 to take bottle before I go back to work.. but this stubborn girl.. 2.5 months dun wan bottle then fight all e way. Can 7 hours dun drink milk.. sigh

Tho I also enjoy the bf bonding, I was extremely glad when my gal weaned herself off at around 1yo and switched to fresh milk n solids. I felt a sense of freedom... Finally could wear normal outdoor clothes again and not worry about clearing milk ducts.

But I do look forward to a bf journey again with this bb, but like number one, will not exceed one plus yo.

My boy had 15mths of breast milk w 10mths of latching. I'm so glad to have my boobs back and not having to wear nursing tops. Imagine i only had a few nursing tops so i literally rotate that few for 10 months! My boy rejected fm initially but i decided to be hard hearted and starved him for 7hrs before he took 50ml of fm. I eventually switched him to fresh milk after he finished the febm. I hope to bf this one too, prob as long as his bro 1 yr+. I doubt i have the determination to go beyond that. I'm a ftwm, lugging the pump to work is so tiring..

welcome all the new mummies!

this weekend keep carrying my son and can feel the strain on the tummy. People keep saying young must give birth really is true loh.
Very very tired compared to having 1.
for my #1, even till want to deliver i also super energetic.
For this baby, if i am not hungry, i am tired. If i am not tired, i am hungry...faintz

I agree tummy showing out faster but i think it is becoz we are not 'sucking' in the tummy nowadays...haha..so will appear bigger loh

i heard if the symptoms different from #1, will be a different gender ah?

I envy those that could latch on.. I only latched my son for 1 month..Then he couldn't get the hindmilk only foremilk so didn't grow well.. decided to exclusively pumped for 7 months. . Very very tiring. . For no 2 I hope latching will work.m otherwise I don't think I can exclusive pump again

i bf my no 1 for 23 months both latch and pump. Not sure whether I can do it for my twins this time. But have to persevere, so can have save more :)

I'm sure we all can. Jiayou together. I think MS have creep in. Omg. Over the weekend I was still thinking Wow this time week 6 liao n nth happened. N now I feel like puking already. =(

jiayou!

bf is really wonderful. My regret with #1 is i cannot tbf him. Tried but only managed to partial BF him till 1 yo.
I console myself that..partial bf is better than no bf.

hopefully with #2, can do tbf!

My MS creeped in too. #1 was a breeze no MS at all till i didn't even suspect i was preggy. This one seems different, more nausea thru out the day. I hope it means diff gender. Hehe!
So glad to find so many bfeeding mums here, I'm sure its very good morale support for all of us going forward. For my #1, if not for the experienced mums who guided me and cheer me on, i won't have been able to bf so long.

Ellesie, don't worry. Your body will know that there's 2 babies and the body will do the work. Trust your body! Actually for my previous bf, i artificial stimulate my supply that i have quite alot of excess. I was literally bfeeding 2 babies at 1 go. I donate my bm regularly cos my fridge cannot hold so much. And i only have a singleton so I'm sure w twin your body already tune and adjust to provide enough for the babies.

I have just tested positive on 14nov. Overdue from 7 nov.. so guessing around this edd.. I yet to finalised a gynae.. dunno how.. This is my 4th

Really suprised to see so many people still latch on their baby.. I tandem nurse my kids all along.. now only my third son 3 yo, still drinking..

2nd weaned at 4yo as he doesnt want anymore..

I only bf for 4mths cos I do not know how to latch. Hopefully this time I will be able to master the skill.
Just have the thought that my MS is better. Today starting to feel very bad. Wanna vomit and head been spinning since morning. Really cannot praise

i bf #1 for a year .. i stopped is not becuase he doesnt want anymore, is me that feel super tired already ..

now this #2, MS not kick in yet, but i feel tired all the time .. wahlao ~~~ luckily is school holiday already , if not , with this stated of my energy, how to drive #1 up and down .. I hope #2 doesnt have much MS, coz #1 MS gotten me loss 10 kg in 2 months, much more faster than any lose weight programme ..

Just to check has anyone informed your manager about the pregnancy? I just feel my performance is not as good. Should I announced so that expectations is not so high. But like abit early.

I conceived thru ivf, so from the beginning i already informed my manager. As expected, she's not happy for it. She herself has tried once as well and din work out. but I dun really care, since next year I will be retrenched anyway :)

I only tell my direct superior at wk10 which is last week, cause i have been taking quite some urgent leaves and mc recently.

I have no intention to tell anyone, cause eventually my tummy will show.

i haven't tell yet...waiting for next appt to see heartbeat

Planning to tell only after i come back from my trip in Dec. By than will be around 10-11 weeks.
think my boss want to faint liao....one by one keep on maternity leave.

Hello All! Just wondering is there a Facebook group for SMH July 2015 Mummies?
Test positive 2 days ago, appointment with my dear Gyane, Dr Jocelyn Wong will be on the 4th Dec, will be my #3 ^^

I stimulate my supply by doing power pump (pump 5min stop 5min and do 3 cycle). After i latched, I'll pump for 15min again, don't care how much milk you yield cos its to trick the brain into thinking there's not enough milk for the baby. I did this for almost 2 months. But after 1st month I'm already having excess milk. Mostly importantly eat well and drink well. I drink 1 pot of soup everyday. Each time i finished my meal, my boobs will feel engorged again cos i drink alot of soup. It works quite well for me but down side is i lost alot of weight cos of over production of bm. At one point i lost till 42kg only, but once i stop bfeeding i gain back a few kg to my usual weight.

Back