(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

I am having the same issue too... LO keeps waking up during an extended period... LO is coming to 7weeks too. Maybe it is some behaviour change during this stage. What to do? Just tolerate lor. I don't think it is colic though, cos if colic they will cry no matter where u put them or what u do.

Jiayou... Think it is gd at least ur hubby is helping u in this difficult stage, though he lost his patience.

Seems like 7-8 weeks is the start of cranky bb. Tot I'm he only one but some of you are also experiencing the same thing too. Told my hubby we just have to be more patient and tolerate. Not an easy fast especially if we are not getting enough sleep.

My LO will sleep and suddenly wake up crying loudly. Most of the times its cos she's hungry. Sometimes got a scare from her wondering what happen.

How do u mummies clean the naval after the umbilical cord has dropped? My CL told me no need and I haven't been cleaning.

Do u all leave ur bottles after use and wash and sterilize together in the evening or wash and sterilize after each use?
Right now i still sterilise after each use. Abit paranoid. But maybe will reconsider after the rotavirus.

Hai.. my #1 got hfmd! Second time getting. Am so worried for my LO now.

My LO will sleep and suddenly wake up crying loudly. Most of the times its cos she's hungry. Sometimes got a scare from her wondering what happen.

How do u mummies clean the naval after the umbilical cord has dropped? My CL told me no need and I haven't been cleaning.
I also haven been cleaning it directly. My mum say will have wind if i rub it during bath.. so i jus leave it. But i tink once in a while she will help me clean with ruyi oil and cotton. So far looks ok.

Do u all leave ur bottles after use and wash and sterilize together in the evening or wash and sterilize after each use?
I've 5 bottles to rotate. We will rinse the inside and close back with the cover,then leave in a small pail. So usually after the use of 4th or the last bottle,we wash together and sterilize all at once. Easier during night feedings cos no need to wash.

I still sterilise my kids bottle, but once a day.. Even my pump parts also once a day everything tgt, other time jus soak in hot soapy water.. I sometimes wonder if sterilize so much will the teats n parts spoil anot. Haha. Wow din know the uv sterilizer can be sooo ex!

@Yi Fang , i dun haf helper, but i feel is the same even giving caregiver such as parents tking care of the lo n they more attach to them. Like my girl will only wan to slp with my parents, go anywhere sure wit my dad beginning i feel sad y she like dun wan me. Haha but i realise everyday she will greet me, ask me bathe her etc...
Yeah jus relax let ur helper help u when u r feeling all stressed out with ur lo, bb pattern will change fast! Hugs!
Thanks for sharing too mummy! :) I keep thinking what I've not done right.. Paranoid. Probably still having a bit of postnatal blues too haha.

Seems like 7-8 weeks is the start of cranky bb. Tot I'm he only one but some of you are also experiencing the same thing too. Told my hubby we just have to be more patient and tolerate. Not an easy fast especially if we are not getting enough sleep.
Same for my lo! He is more cranky now and needs more attention consistently. If u download this app called The Wonder Weeks, it will show that our babies are going through some developmental leaps now so that's why they need more attention as they become more aware of the world around them.

Girls,

My heart just turned cold. Half an hour ago i entered baby's room to check on baby. Then i realised my girl was sleeping on her tummy with a beanbag placed nicely on top of her back. I got a shock and hubby and i turned her over having heard countless horros stories of babies sleeping on tummy resulting in dire consequences.

We asked nanny nt to place her on her tummy bt nanny said she doesnt understand what we r saying and said baby flipped herself. Bt my baby is 8 weeks and totally incapable of flipping. And its obvious tt someone placed her on tummy w the beanbag nicely on her back.

Haixxxxx... We trusted the nanny cos she has been a great helper thus far.

Girls,

My heart just turned cold. Half an hour ago i entered baby's room to check on baby. Then i realised my girl was sleeping on her tummy with a beanbag placed nicely on top of her back. I got a shock and hubby and i turned her over having heard countless horros stories of babies sleeping on tummy resulting in dire consequences.

We asked nanny nt to place her on her tummy bt nanny said she doesnt understand what we r saying and said baby flipped herself. Bt my baby is 8 weeks and totally incapable of flipping. And its obvious tt someone placed her on tummy w the beanbag nicely on her back.

I think u better warn the nanny not to do that again...by putting the bean bag on top your baby will have difficulty turning even if she's able to flip over.

I have two horrible nannies earlier, I don't trust them now. Try keep a good watch over her.

I only sterilize once cos only DL n pump so lo bottle nv use.. Even my #2 bottle i only wash n soak in hot soapy water after every use.

Girls,

Omg, tats so scary! Ya better kip an eye on ur girl & nanny lor.. I dun dare leave my lo alone cos he start to explore flipping. U nv know wen bb will actually flip de...

Do we have to change the teats monthly?

Nope not neccessary. Even if daily use u can change 2-3mth once, unless got signs of wear n tear den change more frequently. Best to buy spares n kip unless u got lots bottles. As long u sterilize n kip it in tip top clean condition can liao

Wen my lo umbilical cord drop, my mum always twist it so so it wont pop out leh. But now inside can still c is black or dark coloured. I aso rub ru yi oil only... But guess still alot wind in tummy

What a hectic day! Today is my #1 birthday, so we went to zoo to see the koalas. My 9w LO was snoozing most of the time till i had to wake her up to DL her...my boobies were almost rock hard :S and i din bring my pump out!!

Managed to find a nursing room but it was poorly ventilated... Sweat like a pig while DL inside...and i had to babywear her thruout coz #1 wanna sit on stroller or LO will cry if we put her in and if stroller not moving =.="

Finally home in the evening...and that's when I stop babywear her...she started to cry non-stop... Mehhhhhhh.... :/

Wow @minidonut i understand wen #1 need stroller, it is both happy & stressful emotion. Happy-dun need chase after running kid, stress- cannot out lo down even for mere second!
But u still managed a day out at the Zoo! Congratz its a big success. N also next time long outing need bring out a pump.. Lol. Anw y u didnt use nursing cover to DL? Wkend is the worse to use nursimg room, or even toilets cos it is so crowded tat everyone jus mess up the place! Arrrggghhh

@furbee ya! Regretted not bringing my pump...can feel the lumps,etc. So scary! I did bring my nursing cover but it was really crowded...so decided to DL in peace. Nursing room was empty but not dat clean.. Glad that it was over! Phew!!

Anyone use freemie pump? Any review? Thinking to buy one to pump at office when back to work. Oh no time fliesssss i don't want back to office!!!

Right now i still sterilise after each use. Abit paranoid. But maybe will reconsider after the rotavirus.

Hai.. my #1 got hfmd! Second time getting. Am so worried for my LO now.

My #2 got chickenpox! Whole household only hubby has got it before so he's the one sleeping with her at night. Also scared that baby will catch it.

Wow.. Highness how old is your LO? How much milk is your LO? Bm?

Mine is 10weeks n still wake up one or two times for milk at night
LO is 9 weeks old. She usually drink 120ml but last feed will drink 150ml. Yes, on total breast milk now. She usually will wake up once @ 3am for milk but last nite Nvr. Best part is, she Nvr cry for milk even at 6:30am, we still feed her nevertheless. Hb worry she dehydrated...

Anyone use freemie pump? Any review? Thinking to buy one to pump at office when back to work. Oh no time fliesssss i don't want back to office!!!
I oso going back work next week! A bit worry if I'm able to cope with pumping and work at same time. Oso worry abt LO not "sticking" to me anymore...
Arrgh~ separating anxiety!

Stressful morning. #1 woke up and refuse to get ready for school. Cry n cry loudly. Bb woke up n cry too. Had to carry one crying bb to pacify and then scold the big bb. Sighs.

Wkends are over too soon :(

Stressful morning. #1 woke up and refuse to get ready for school. Cry n cry loudly. Bb woke up n cry too. Had to carry one crying bb to pacify and then scold the big bb. Sighs.

Wkends are over too soon :(

Take a breather!! Think positive. Its a short week this week and a long weekend awaits!

My #2 got chickenpox! Whole household only hubby has got it before so he's the one sleeping with her at night. Also scared that baby will catch it.
We are damn unlucky. Have to separate them. Really not easy. Keep washing hands... jiayou!

Mummies.. Just to share...

I just call a herbal/organic salon. Say my bb 2 months old, not recommended for rebonding/ perm for lactating mummies, even tho they using herbal.

Not sure is it the korean bbq hubby and i had last night, but i saw a boost in my milk supply. Quite apparent increase. Haha. And last night, for the first time since week 1&2 postpartum, my boobs became rock hard. Thankfully my freestyle managed to clear it. This morning became hard after my regular 4 hourly pump again. Any mums experience this with a 'special diet'??

Same for my lo! He is more cranky now and needs more attention consistently. If u download this app called The Wonder Weeks, it will show that our babies are going through some developmental leaps now so that's why they need more attention as they become more aware of the world around them.

Oh I see. I checked out the app but need to pay leh.

Girls,

Omg that's scary. Really have to be careful and check on your LO. She won't be able to flip over with the weight of the beanbag.

My CL used to put my LO on her tummy to sleep too so that she will feel secure and doesn't wake up so often. Have to always check on her n remind CL not to do that. Now that she left, we didn't put her to sleep in tummy at all.

Omg that's scary. Really have to be careful and check on your LO. She won't be able to flip over with the weight of the beanbag.

My CL used to put my LO on her tummy to sleep too so that she will feel secure and doesn't wake up so often. Have to always check on her n remind CL not to do that. Now that she left, we didn't put her to sleep in tummy at all.
Looks like it's one of their tricks to make bb sleep better. Mine did the same and I wasn't v pleased with her. SID is real and they keep telling us don't worry.

I have one...its v convenient but I find it doesn't clear the milk as much as my spectra 9. So I guess for office use its fine but once u reach home u still need to pump to clear.

Looks like it's one of their tricks to make bb sleep better. Mine did the same and I wasn't v pleased with her. SID is real and they keep telling us don't worry.
@momocrv @happy08 yah. Hubby and i became very solemn last night upon witnessing the sight. Nanny actually placed baby on her own mattress (we bought her a sturdier one and a fluffier one so she will be comfortable sleeping on both) and shes saying the fluffier one made baby flip herself. She also uses methods like stuffing a hankie in between bb's pacifier and the sofa so tutu wont drop. I have to make sure every now n then bb is ok (and breathing well). Hubby says maybe nanny is complacent le with many yrs of experience so shes likes trying out her own methods plus we have been very nice to her.

@momocrv @happy08 yah. Hubby and i became very solemn last night upon witnessing the sight. Nanny actually placed baby on her own mattress (we bought her a sturdier one and a fluffier one so she will be comfortable sleeping on both) and shes saying the fluffier one made baby flip herself. She also uses methods like stuffing a hankie in between bb's pacifier and the sofa so tutu wont drop. I have to make sure every now n then bb is ok (and breathing well). Hubby says maybe nanny is complacent le with many yrs of experience so shes likes trying out her own methods plus we have been very nice to her.
Maybe u and hubby can each take a own role. U can ask hubby to be stern to her for this kind of situation and warn her. My CL quite scared of my hubby ever since he warn her about some feeding issues. After that of cos he treat her normally. U don't be the 'fierce' one cos you'll be facing her most of the time. My situation also CL became too complacent and took it for granted.

Are u able to change ur nanny? Cos earlier I had one that we were not comfortable too and aft consideration we decided to change her cos we don't want to put our bb at risk. Most of these nannies wants to do things their way and they don't listen to parents when we tell them off.

Talk to ur hubby if whatever she's doing doesn't make ur comfortable then talk to her n if she still insist then I would advise u to change her.

I've been using nuk teats and bottles for #3 right from the start on exclusive pumping. In the first 9 weeks, she drank very well. Always clear the bottle. But since then, there seems to be some difficulty feeding. She's now 12 weeks old. I noticed that she would be sucking so hard till the teat collapse. So I used a heated safety pin to try to enlarge the hole in the teat. But the flow became too fast. Then I changed to 6-18mth teat and there's no more leaking. But she also seems to be having difficulty. She will take very long to finish the bottle. Sometimes suck for 10 min only 20ml. She used to do 150ml in 10 min. Is it possible that my lo now don't know how to use the nuk teats? Also, previously I bought avent pacifiers and let her use. So I thought she might have teat confusion. So I changed to nuk pacifiers. But feeding still takes very long and has to be broken up many times in a single feed. I actually feel she's tired from sucking and not getting the milk. Anyone has the same problem? Any solutions?

I realise all these nannies are really a nightmare to begin with. I swear off engaging CL if we ever have 2nd bb. They give me more stress than anything. And mummies pls pls don't ever let your baby sleep with them in separate room without supervision from you.

Dear MODs
Pls assist to remove this thread http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449183/1313564.html?1206292874 which was created in error.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused
blush.gif
My boy recently having same problem. He will fuss towards the end of his feeding via bottle. I have to break a few times to feed him. I am not sure what's the problem. Normally he will only fuss towards the end part when i latch him and that's becos i suspect the milk flow is too slow for his liking.

My boy recently having same problem. He will fuss towards the end of his feeding via bottle. I have to break a few times to feed him. I am not sure what's the problem. Normally he will only fuss towards the end part when i latch him and that's becos i suspect the milk flow is too slow for his liking.
Me facing the same problem. I thought he just want to sleep. Sometimes quite upset he waste my ebm.

I will normally keep it back inside the fridge if there is about 20-30ml but only once. Aft that I will throw if he can't finish it.
I tried once before. He got loose stools tat day. Not sure if that is the cause. Maybe shld try again. Else really wasteful.

Ya. Mine also keep wasting my ebm!! Her daily feed has dropped to 700ml thereabouts. Not sure if it's ok. Last weigh in at 6.3kg. I feel that there's a teat issue. But don't know how to resolve it. Loathe to get another brand of teats and bottles. Super waste money. Don't understand how come at the start doing so well, now so different.

I've been using nuk teats and bottles for #3 right from the start on exclusive pumping. In the first 9 weeks, she drank very well. Always clear the bottle. But since then, there seems to be some difficulty feeding. She's now 12 weeks old. I noticed that she would be sucking so hard till the teat collapse. So I used a heated safety pin to try to enlarge the hole in the teat. But the flow became too fast. Then I changed to 6-18mth teat and there's no more leaking. But she also seems to be having difficulty. She will take very long to finish the bottle. Sometimes suck for 10 min only 20ml. She used to do 150ml in 10 min. Is it possible that my lo now don't know how to use the nuk teats? Also, previously I bought avent pacifiers and let her use. So I thought she might have teat confusion. So I changed to nuk pacifiers. But feeding still takes very long and has to be broken up many times in a single feed. I actually feel she's tired from sucking and not getting the milk. Anyone has the same problem? Any solutions?
@szechtay , u using NUK silicone or latex teats? For NUK, it carry different size of holes for different liquid. Eg. Now my LO is using stage 0-6mths, S size hole for breast milk, M size hole for FM. Got L size too for cereal thick liquid. If using latex, got to change frequently (change monthly). U touch the teats see if sticky. Sticky or color change then to replace the tears le. My #1 been using NUK for years. Now my #2 is using pigeon n NUK.

Back