(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

@furbee @nazriah @isenggirl @Anna0214
:') thank you mummies for all your support. It definitely feels much better letting it all out.
My brother is around but he's leaving to study overseas next month so he's not doing much and my sister is based overseas so I'm the only one left to help with my mother unfortunately.
But my BILs have been great; just that i feel the pressure to help my MIL emotionally cause it's definitely different talking to man and a woman..

Ultimately I'm thankful for an understanding baby. My LO has been the one cheering me on with her smiles and laughters. Recently she has a rash on her cheek and the PD diagnosed her with a fungal infection. It has been 2 weeks since the rash and it's still not disappearing. Only realised it's bad beginning of the week though :/ hopefully it'll disappear soon with the cream the PD prescribed!
Hope things will get better for you!! U are very strong!

My husband says that I should not pick up baby everytime she cries. When I asked him to take care of her for 2h in the morning while I rest (sick today), he left her crying on the cot or on the sofa. He got quite angry when I asked him to carry her as she is crying. He thinks that I have developed a bad habit in her to cry for attention.

So, is it we must train baby to cry it out at this stage? Am I doing something wrong? Baby is 6 weeks old.

As much as we dont want our babies to be too dependant on us, but at 6 weeks its a lil too young to be left crying out stage. Babies at this age tend to want extra attention from us, cuddles as comfort.

As much as we dont want our babies to be too dependant on us, but at 6 weeks its a lil too young to be left crying out stage. Babies at this age tend to want extra attention from us, cuddles as comfort.
I think a fellow mummy posted an article (and this was emphasised by my hubby who did his own research as well) that contrary to popular belief (or older generation's belief), that babies at such a young age do not understand that crying gets them the attention. They are just not conditioned this way yet. They cant rmb the previous time crying gets u hugging them. Simply put, they cry out of a genuine need for ur warmth and touch. So go ahead to carry and soothe them for now :)

Last edited:
My LO has been waking up every 45 mins and crying even after feeding and diaper change. She is week 7 now. Dunno what's wrong with her. Both hb n I are so tired. Hb has already lost his patience.
My bb is 7 weeks too. Facing similar issues. Could be colicky or phlegm? We gave our bb rid wind drops from PD for a few days n even change bottles. It's tough as my boy gets really cranky these days so we been taking turns carrying him to sleep n trying to minimize his crying. I've been sleeping only at 5~6am every day after my mum takes over my shift.

I went bb fair ytd and was told spectra is compatible with medela freestyle parts, only need tube connector. Anyone knows?

I duno which spectra model, but my s9+ totally dun fit my fs. Lol.mayb nid c youtube demo..
I know freemie parts n fs can b put tgt. I saw video before

My bb is 7 weeks too. Facing similar issues. Could be colicky or phlegm? We gave our bb rid wind drops from PD for a few days n even change bottles. It's tough as my boy gets really cranky these days so we been taking turns carrying him to sleep n trying to minimize his crying. I've been sleeping only at 5~6am every day after my mum takes over my shift.

It hpened to me before, 3 days, i rmb some1 mentioned tat bb will grow out of it. Longest will last is 3-14days. Hang in there babe.. It can b really sad, tiring to figure out wat is exactly making bb cry, but i aso no ans :( bb jus wan carry, walk, cant put down......

Rant mode-

As much I love festive seasons, its just soooooo tiring!!!!
Errands, baby, latching, cooking, laundry!

Can Friday be over fast?

On an another note, its gonna be the first hari raya for us with a baby! I hope all is gonna be smooth with all the visiting and feeding sessions!

15 more minutes before I can drink.... weeeeeee.............

The weird thing is that she stopped crying when we placed her on the changing table. So we fed her gripe water and apply oil on her tummy. After that I brought her to my bed and get her to sleep with me. After some time she finally managed to sleep at almost 6am. Then I carried her back to her cot at 7 am. So tired. Initially tot it might be colic or gas but she stopped crying out of her bed. If colicky, she would have continue to cry right? Puzzled.

@momocrv i also wanna see!! Need buy narrow neck adapter?

Mummies who bot onward / kca diaper, wan to ask if the cutting is small like petpet diaper? My boy fatty thigh keep having red marks.. Wonder if its the diaper or cos when carry him den have the line.

It hpened to me before, 3 days, i rmb some1 mentioned tat bb will grow out of it. Longest will last is 3-14days. Hang in there babe.. It can b really sad, tiring to figure out wat is exactly making bb cry, but i aso no ans :( bb jus wan carry, walk, cant put down......
Thanks babe. I've been told will only get better when bb is 100th day old. Half way there n hanging...

Mummies who bot onward / kca diaper, wan to ask if the cutting is small like petpet diaper? My boy fatty thigh keep having red marks.. Wonder if its the diaper or cos when carry him den have the line.

My girl tried 1 pc of Onwards sample (S size) before. Compared to Huggies S, Onwards is of smaller cutting.

The weird thing is that she stopped crying when we placed her on the changing table. So we fed her gripe water and apply oil on her tummy. After that I brought her to my bed and get her to sleep with me. After some time she finally managed to sleep at almost 6am. Then I carried her back to her cot at 7 am. So tired. Initially tot it might be colic or gas but she stopped crying out of her bed. If colicky, she would have continue to cry right? Puzzled.
I am having the same issue too... LO keeps waking up during an extended period... LO is coming to 7weeks too. Maybe it is some behaviour change during this stage. What to do? Just tolerate lor. I don't think it is colic though, cos if colic they will cry no matter where u put them or what u do.

Jiayou... Think it is gd at least ur hubby is helping u in this difficult stage, though he lost his patience.

Here is the photo of my spectra 9+ with medela tubings

Attachments

• 1436656562959.jpg
    1436656562959.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 155

No need just buy the tubings can already

Anyone going to bb fair today? I'm thinking of getting the haenim uv sterilizer. Any mummies using it?
Yes I've been using it for almost 2 min and it's been really convenient so far. As I'm an EP-ing mum, it saves me a lot of time and ensures that my pump parts are dry and sterilised all the time.

Hi mummies, my Lo is currently 7 weeks old and I've just gotten a helper in about a month ago as my in-laws are quite old and are not confident in taking care of babies.

Even though I spend all my time with my Lo as I'm still on maternity leave now, recently it seems that I am unable to console him or put him to sleep but my helper can, especially in the middle of the night, as when his acid reflux occurs and he becomes really upset. It didn't use to be this way, I guess he's already developing a preference.

What should I do? Cos if i continue to try, he just cries non-stop for more than an hour which has happened the past 3 nights in the middle of the night, and my mil is not a big fan of him crying. My hubs isn't good at consoling my Lo too FYI. Thanks for any advice!

Hi yi fang, I've also always worried about lo preferring the helper. Felt jealous and anxious when I had #1. When I had #2, I was grateful that lo preferred the help. Too shag. With #3, I feel anxious again. But kids nowadays very smart. They know who's the mummy. When they grow up, they will still feel attached to us as long as we remain involved. At this difficult period, l would let the helper soothe the baby if she's more successful. I think the lo can feel our anxiousness and worry that's why they fuss more. The help is more calm cos not their baby. That's my opinion la. And babies tend to bully mummies. Heh.

Ya.. think the cutting is smaller. My boy also got red lines

Yes I've been using it for almost 2 min and it's been really convenient so far. As I'm an EP-ing mum, it saves me a lot of time and ensures that my pump parts are dry and sterilised all the time.

hi @Yi Fang, how much do you get it? I am also contemplating to get that cause its quite good with the drying function and everything can kept inside.

Mummies... I realized my LO treats my nipple as pacifier. he won't sleep unless he gets to suckle. Once I push him my nipple.. he will immediately close eyes and zzzzz... how do I wean him off this habit? Am worried he will hv a hard time at Infant Care.

Hi mummies, my Lo is currently 7 weeks old and I've just gotten a helper in about a month ago as my in-laws are quite old and are not confident in taking care of babies.

Even though I spend all my time with my Lo as I'm still on maternity leave now, recently it seems that I am unable to console him or put him to sleep but my helper can, especially in the middle of the night, as when his acid reflux occurs and he becomes really upset. It didn't use to be this way, I guess he's already developing a preference.

What should I do? Cos if i continue to try, he just cries non-stop for more than an hour which has happened the past 3 nights in the middle of the night, and my mil is not a big fan of him crying. My hubs isn't good at consoling my Lo too FYI. Thanks for any advice!
@Yi Fang , I agree with @szechtay. My #1 was taken care by my previous helper for 4 years, even at nights. There'll be a time they r closer to the helper instead to mummy cos we are away at work but helper is with them 24hr. But now my #1 dun recall abt her who took so good care of him!

Same! My boys can't remember the previous help much! Even though they were so sticky to her. Now they are very sticky with me. Even though they are 8 and 9. They will still want to sleep in my room and call me and whine if i come home too late. Heh.

Btw, I'm also using my medela dual electric parts with spectra. Didn't realise fs parts could fit too. This spectra 9+ really very versatile.

Mummies... I realized my LO treats my nipple as pacifier. he won't sleep unless he gets to suckle. Once I push him my nipple.. he will immediately close eyes and zzzzz... how do I wean him off this habit? Am worried he will hv a hard time at Infant Care.

Have you try to give your LO pacifier?

Hi yi fang, I've also always worried about lo preferring the helper. Felt jealous and anxious when I had #1. When I had #2, I was grateful that lo preferred the help. Too shag. With #3, I feel anxious again. But kids nowadays very smart. They know who's the mummy. When they grow up, they will still feel attached to us as long as we remain involved. At this difficult period, l would let the helper soothe the baby if she's more successful. I think the lo can feel our anxiousness and worry that's why they fuss more. The help is more calm cos not their baby. That's my opinion la. And babies tend to bully mummies. Heh.
Thank u very much for your advice experienced mummy! Sorry, gancheong and insecure as a first-time mum, and I keep wondering why are things kinda "deterioriating" even when I spend so much time with my Lo. Alright, I shall learnt to chill. :)

hi @Yi Fang, how much do you get it? I am also contemplating to get that cause its quite good with the drying function and everything can kept inside.
I can't remember very clearly cos I got it sometime back at another baby fair but I vaguely remember it's about $300. I really think it's worth the buy! I don't have to continuously steam my bottles and pump parts. I'll just wash them and pop them right in.

@Yi Fang, no worries! I still feel peeved now when the help can make #3 smile more readily. Hahaha... the competitive and maternal streak in me feels very imbalanced when the help can soothe baby better than me. And then I beat myself up and start to think lo doesn't like me or that I'm a bad mummy. I know I know... super hormonal. I like to blame the hormones!

Rant mode-

As much I love festive seasons, its just soooooo tiring!!!!
Errands, baby, latching, cooking, laundry!

Can Friday be over fast?

On an another note, its gonna be the first hari raya for us with a baby! I hope all is gonna be smooth with all the visiting and feeding sessions!

15 more minutes before I can drink.... weeeeeee.............
Festive season is exciting but definitely not easy!
So many errands to run and so many things to clean but mini baju kurungs are so cute hehe

Bb fair is selling at $289 but I didn't get it cos its quite big. Will take up a lot of space in my kitchen. Plus I found out that we don't need to sterilised bb bottles once they reach 6 months and above?
Yea it's quite huge, there's another brand called Hanil (if I'm not wrong), and its smaller but more pricey! Oh I didn't know that there was no need to sterilise bottles after lo is 6mths old and above!

I still sterilise my kids bottle, but once a day.. Even my pump parts also once a day everything tgt, other time jus soak in hot soapy water.. I sometimes wonder if sterilize so much will the teats n parts spoil anot. Haha. Wow din know the uv sterilizer can be sooo ex!

@Yi Fang , i dun haf helper, but i feel is the same even giving caregiver such as parents tking care of the lo n they more attach to them. Like my girl will only wan to slp with my parents, go anywhere sure wit my dad beginning i feel sad y she like dun wan me. Haha but i realise everyday she will greet me, ask me bathe her etc...
Yeah jus relax let ur helper help u when u r feeling all stressed out with ur lo, bb pattern will change fast! Hugs!

Back