(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

What the diff for 4in1 and 3in1?

My pigeon have been with me for 2.5yrs. The stain can be remove with the citric powder but the rust can't.
The main diff is that the 4 in 1 has a dishwasher basket (a bit useless for me cos i dont use one) and the "advanced display". the 3 in 1 doesnt have tt

There is an additional basket for use in the dishwasher or sth. Imo, not necessary and just a way for them to charge more for the same item... If the 3-in-1 is available for sale at reduced price, that would be just as good!
it depends on what u want also.. if i dont want every item in the bundle, it may be more worthwhile to buy separately. tho i did get the warmer too...i was trying v hard to compare the 3 in 1 and 4 in 1, only noted those 2 diff. but i saw the bundle at robinsons i saw the rest of the stuff except the warmer,...kinda useless... haha

the one i have is 4 in 1 ba... the top part i just put those teats and covers the bottom just 6 big bottles or sometimes can squeeze small bottles?

The taka sale i am not very sure because i am not a Taka member.

But the robinsons voucher is very wu hua.., 25% off plus u get 5% robinsons rebate. Oh and yes, if u spend more than 200 bucks, get them to deliver it to u for free :)

ya i spent a bomb at robinson i utilize the 300 bucks voucher.. actually this robinson sales with the voucher is a good deal for u to buy sterilizer and pump bec nett nett item still gt 25% discoun.

it depends on what u want also.. if i dont want every item in the bundle, it may be more worthwhile to buy separately. tho i did get the warmer too...i was trying v hard to compare the 3 in 1 and 4 in 1, only noted those 2 diff. but i saw the bundle at robinsons i saw the rest of the stuff except the warmer,...kinda useless... haha

Philips Avent always have different bundle deals.

Have to say that this one is quite a good deal because essentially the rest of the items in the package are items that you are most likely to use, like the bottles etc. You get more bottles and more pacifiers, for only $10 more than the bundle at baby fair.

the one i have is 4 in 1 ba... the top part i just put those teats and covers the bottom just 6 big bottles or sometimes can squeeze small bottles?

Top part can put the covers/teats/pacifiers/breast pump parts... you can use the top part on its own... Can't recall if it can fit the small 160ml Avent bottles though....

dunno cheap or not leh..
should i purchase taka vouchers at a discount to spend there? hahahahha

eh... if u gt taka card i rather u dun buy the discount voucher bec no discount on voucher but hor if the discount voucher u buy is more than 10% den worth it lah

Did anyone plan to buy pregnancy insurance? Prudential ones will have to sign b4 32 weeks n mthly $100 aft born like auto become investment plan. Dunno whether to sign on it or got other insurance plan to consider.

Philips Avent always have different bundle deals.

Have to say that this one is quite a good deal because essentially the rest of the items in the package are items that you are most likely to use, like the bottles etc. You get more bottles and more pacifiers, for only $10 more than the bundle at baby fair.
ok, cos for me , at the moment i am getting only the small bottles cos i tink it is going to be a while before bb can use a big bottle. and it's trial and error w.r.t the bottles, hence not intending to get too many bottles from a particular brand...

and some people say the warmer is useless, some say it's helpful..so for someone who thinks it's not helpful, then the 3 in 1 bundle at the taka fair is def a no go (I got the warmer tho, before some ladies here said they felt it's useless haha)

btw just to share, the 4 in 1 i got the other time at 119 had a small bottle, tongs and a pacifier included too in the box.... can compare the 3 in 1 bundle and the 4 in 1 side by side at the fair, and see what works best for u! :)

Did anyone plan to buy pregnancy insurance? Prudential ones will have to sign b4 32 weeks n mthly $100 aft born like auto become investment plan. Dunno whether to sign on it or got other insurance plan to consider.
i was considering it too, and an agent sent me a quote for pru first gift. in the end my reply was: seems that for all of such pdts available in the mkt, the cost exceeds the benefit. and one thing i dont like abt the one from Pru and AXA is that there is the ILP component, which has EXORBITANT premiums. I don't think the benefit of having guaranteed medical benefit for bb justifies that high cost i am paying.

Even for the OCBC MaxMaternity Care plan, the premiums are expensive relative to the benefits given (5k or 10k isnt going to get u much when there is a serious congenital defect anyway, even if bb is warded at KKH).

ok, cos for me , at the moment i am getting only the small bottles cos i tink it is going to be a while before bb can use a big bottle. and it's trial and error w.r.t the bottles, hence not intending to get too many bottles from a particular brand...

and some people say the warmer is useless, some say it's helpful..so for someone who thinks it's not helpful, then the 3 in 1 bundle at the taka fair is def a no go (I got the warmer tho, before some ladies here said they felt it's useless haha)

btw just to share, the 4 in 1 i got the other time at 119 had a small bottle, tongs and a pacifier included too in the box.... can compare the 3 in 1 bundle and the 4 in 1 side by side at the fair, and see what works best for u! :)
i am one of those that said the warmer is useless lolz ..anyway since u got it already ..give it a try lolz

u mean the top part u put 160ml bottles? so yr #2 u also plan to buy avent?
ok quoting amazon reviews again - soneone said he has put the 5 oz (160ml?) bottles in the sterilizer w/o problem . so i figure it is ok . and i tink it will be stupid of avent to have bottles that do not fit the steriliser... doesnt make sense

i am one of those that said the warmer is useless lolz ..anyway since u got it already ..give it a try lolz

http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/baby-food-warmer.814/
http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f36/food-warmer-necessary-12597/

ok quoting amazon reviews again - soneone said he has put the 5 oz (160ml?) bottles in the sterilizer w/o problem . so i figure it is ok . and i tink it will be stupid of avent to have bottles that do not fit the steriliser... doesnt make sense

Definitely can fit 160ml bottles into the sterilizer... qn is whether can fit the 160ml bottle into the top part of the sterilizer....

My thoughts is that if I am sterilizing I will do everything in one shot and use both layers, rather than sterilize on demand as and when I need the parts. Once sterilized you can just keep them inside to store and take out when u need to use it.

Definitely can fit 160ml bottles into the sterilizer... qn is whether can fit the 160ml bottle into the top part of the sterilizer....

My thoughts is that if I am sterilizing I will do everything in one shot and use both layers, rather than sterilize on demand as and when I need the parts. Once sterilized you can just keep them inside to store and take out when u need to use it.
top part i doubt it cos the top part looks a tad too small, that said i havent tried playing w the bottle they gave and the steriliser!

and yes if i can i'd wanna sterilise more btls at a ago cos it isnt economical to ...sterilise 1 bottle after u use it. makes more sense to accumulate more and sterilise it at one go since it takes only 6 mins to do so

i dun remember but i know it take ages and my patience run out lolz
and btw do you think when the baby start crying in hunger they can wait that 20-30mins lolz
Lol my kids definitely cant wait that long.... their cries can tear down the hse... even if 5 mins they already cry until face red red.

Lol my kids definitely cant wait that long.... their cries can tear down the hse... even if 5 mins they already cry until face red red.
my mom was saying .... when u feed them after they cry until face ang ang, they'd make some noise, sounding as tho like "WTF u made me wait so long"... like kpkb / very pitififul that kinda sound.

my mom was saying .... when u feed them after they cry until face ang ang, they'd make some noise, sounding as tho like "WTF u made me wait so long"... like kpkb / very pitififul that kinda sound.
i tell you some baby if you let them cry until like that they dun wan to drink when the milk is ready ..they beh song liao lolz

I bought the same model of sterilizer 2.5yrs bk. But I recall them changing it a few months later to a new model with a squarish outlook. My sil own that. But how come this promo is for the old model again?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 207
I bought the same model of sterilizer 2.5yrs bk. But I recall them changing it a few months later to a new model with a squarish outlook. My sil own that. But how come this promo is for the old model again?
Actually the squarish one is older model... This model is newer than the square one... Square one takes 12 minutes to sterilise, this one takes 6 min...

Actually the squarish one is older model... This model is newer than the square one... Square one takes 12 minutes to sterilise, this one takes 6 min...

Oh! Haha coz the one I own look like this too! Guess they revert to the old outlook but upgrade the motor

Hmm for my no 1, I will warm my breast milk abt 30 to 45mins before my gal feeding time.. so she doesnt have to wait when she cries for milk..

Yaya !

Mine will pout the mouth... my gal temper worse. She will b angry n rather dun drink then have to coax a while then will drink

Headache struck again today.. leaving me feeling horrible the whole day..plus lack of sleep and bloatedness :( 5 more weeks before the school term ends..which means I can finally have a good rest. Can't wait..

btw how long does it take to defrost BM using a warm water bath ? 20-30min?

I would usually bring down from freezer the night before to thaw. Then put from fridge to warm water bath for 5 minutes.if you wish to thaw frozen bm, run under the tap till melted then put in warm bath for 5 minutes.

Just to share. None of my kids took frozen breast milk. They simply hated the metallic taste. My #1 was ok with freshly ebm though. But my boy has never taken a bottle before in his life because he didn't like it. Tried for six months before I gave up and spoonfed him together with cereal instead. Oh well. Things always don't go as planned with kids! So it's good to be mentally prepared. Heehee..

Headache struck again today.. leaving me feeling horrible the whole day..plus lack of sleep and bloatedness :( 5 more weeks before the school term ends..which means I can finally have a good rest. Can't wait..

Jiayou, jiayou!! It'll be sooner than you think. :)

Now at NUH waiting for my hyperthyriod appt... May get mc and go taka baby fair... But my appt at 12 leh... Long long wait..any one going taka later?

Back